Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties (30168 Views)

Policeman Scratched A Man's Lamborghini In Lagos Traffic (Video) / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / The Parking Charges In Abia State And Penalties Following Breach (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Okundaye4(m): 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
Which
one
is
DELIVER
license?
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by westlife79(m): 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
Sketchandcraft:
For those that drives cars..
"Drive"
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by DJInfluence: 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
While some make sense others dont. How can you imprison someone for neglecting traffic light/signs?
Smoking while driving fine or impound of verhicle...what what? Smoke what exactly? years for one-way driving?
3 years for one way driving?

In short i no know what to say. This is what you get when quack makes laws....

The worse that should happen should be a withdrawal of the license for a few months depending on how bad the offence is.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Bloggz74(m): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
no wonder those Lagos drivers go naked when they are caught for traffic offence

Better put "the more reason they try escaping when caught even running over other road users is an option to them".

ON A SERIOUS NOTE THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS NOT EVEN A DETEREANT.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Trexnemesis(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2017
Which laws? Danfo and okada people no dey obey any traffic law nah, even in the presence of police and lastma. Dem be staff
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Trexnemesis(m): 5:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
bameyi:
Who makes our law in this great country. The most dangerous traffic violations are not listed like DUI, DWI you know this are traffic violations that have claimed life of thousands Nigerian

Gbam. Na ogogoro and weed dey drive those yellow buses o, no be human beings.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by patonyx1: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
18, 19, 20 are more for Danfo (commercial) buses in Lagos. grin
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by valemtech(m): 5:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
This laws stronger than law of moses
Abeg make unah buy thermal printers jareh

Call/whatsap 08037607036 to order now
Bulk buyers are welcome
Pay on delivery nationwide available via xl express

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by metallisc(m): 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
polarman:
grin grin grin But the first Offense, is it Driver's license or Deliver License? Just asking though

license to operate like TB Joshua... enough deliverance! grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Sketchandcraft(m): 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2017
westlife79:
"Drive"
thnx
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by metallisc(m): 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
bameyi:
Who makes our law in this great country. The most dangerous traffic violations are not listed like DUI, DWI you know this are traffic violations that have claimed life of thousands Nigerian

they were thinking of all the free money they were gonna be collecting and forgot about the important issues! grin grin
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
What about government who fails to construct good roads?Most roads in Lagos are not motorable.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lagos state government drivers breach these laws on a daily basis and nothing happens even when lastma officials saw them.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by NEIGHBOUR(m): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
You can imagine how govt officials have succeeded in destroying English tenses and concord. No wonder they are all confused.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by executioner27: 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
AceRoyal:
Most of the fines are outrageous given that the minimum wage is #18,000.
#30,000 is almost twice as much the minimum wage and the agencies in charge of enforcing these laws will definitely use it to impoverish the populace more#MyOpinion

Truly,it's not about the fine. The stress you will go thru to pay that fine. In between those line of x Naira fine, your vehicle would have been​ impounded. Then you have opened ways for them to check your car and particulars. I bet you, what started as a N30K fine......You do end up paying up to N150K. It could be less if you know someone somewhere. Best bet....Settle your case there. Give that gift. I didn't say offer. GIVE. Remember that Bible verse that says settle your quarrel before you are taken to the court.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by gmajor10(m): 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
oladimejiX:
I came across this on the internet, the various Lagos traffic law and the penalties.
Please Lalasticlala , Autojoshng Marpol let's move to where people can get informed.
Source: Twitter @Vio_Alert

How did driver license turn to deliver license ? Rule number one
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
bameyi:

Lagos state isn't bothered about the safety of the citizens all they want is the money grin
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 04, 2017
Mortiple:
As much as I believe that those offenses deserve to be punished, I think the penalties are outrageous. It is exploitative and draconian in its entirety.

The government is quick to punish road offenders but would do nothing to fix the roads. The consequence is that road users end up using fund which they could have used to procure/renew documents for their vehicles to repair their vehicles damaged by bad roads.

What will be the punishment of government for damaging our vehicles for failing to repair the roads?

Moreover, anyone arrested by LASTMA is never given fair hearing. Traffic law offenders are often penalized without proof, simply because LASTMA is a government agency.

God Bless you for this comment.

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by pussyeater(m): 4:36am On Apr 05, 2017
linearity:
What is 'valid deliver license' as in No.1.

Don't tell me, they meant to say 'Driver's license'...No body caught the error before it went to print and after printing, why has it not been corrected?
What the hell is found about? No. 31 undecided
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by pussyeater(m): 4:38am On Apr 05, 2017
illegalGangla:
Lastma no get English word for kabukabu ni?
I dey tells you man! Why not just call it CAB
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by pussyeater(m): 4:42am On Apr 05, 2017
Imagine no DUI on the list. Damn this country is bleeped

Na Fucckked i typed oh, who change am to bleeped?
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 05, 2017
AceRoyal:
Most of the fines are outrageous given that the minimum wage is #18,000.
#30,000 is almost twice as much the minimum wage and the agencies in charge of enforcing these laws will definitely use it to impoverish the populace more#MyOpinion
the thought of well im earning 18k and if i drive anyhow i will pay 30k may make him or her drive safely and save lifes. myopinion
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by illegalGangla(m): 7:18am On Apr 05, 2017
pussyeater:

I dey tells you man! Why not just call it CAB
ibile tins....hehehehe
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by tomdon(m): 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
ziga:
It would make more sense if these fines were affordable.

Most people commit these traffic offences in Lagos, so, affordability will reduce bribing of LASTMA and will ensure that the funds go back to the Gov. And ignorance is not an excuse, you have to be worth your driver's license.

Also, the State gov. needs to do its part in terms of making sure roads are well maintained, road signs are visible and not confusing.

It might be a good idea to keep that revenue separate and have it go back to road maintenance.

Also, there needs to be a Traffic court because with the fact that you are accused by LASTMA doesn't mean you actually committed an offence.

Citizens need to actually be able to challenge their offences and accusers especially if they are not at fault e.g bad roads, no road markings or signs, lying LASTMA official.

And hopefully, the Justice system in this situation will not be biased. Lots of job opportunities to be generated on Lagos roads.

If only wishes came true...

Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured / Top Current Car Brands And Their Country Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.