Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Russia To Ban Jehovah's Witnesses And Consider Them Extremist!!! toomorrow - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia To Ban Jehovah's Witnesses And Consider Them Extremist!!! toomorrow (655 Views)

US President Donald Trump Asked Russia To Leave Venezuela Immediately / Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks / Breaking News:ipob Mounts Heavy Protest In Russia To Announce Referundum Terms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia To Ban Jehovah's Witnesses And Consider Them Extremist!!! toomorrow by atoleybaba(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Tomorrow would be a significant day and also mark a dark day for Russia and it citizens who are witnesses has the supreme court is most likely to rule them as extremist
Vasiliy Kalin, a representative of the Administrative Center
in Russia, stated: “The profound desire of each of
Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia is just to be able to worship
our God peacefully. For over 100 years, the authorities in
Russia have trampled on the guarantees of their own laws,
which grant us this right. I was just a boy when Stalin exiled
my family to Siberia merely because we were Jehovah’s
Witnesses. It is sad and reprehensible that my children and
grandchildren should be facing a similar fate. Never did I
expect that we would again face the threat of religious
persecution in modern Russia.”
Many experts and u.s legislature has opposed the Russian decision on labelling the religious group extremist On April 5, 2017, the Supreme Court of the Russian
Federation is expected to rule on whether to liquidate and
ban the activity of all legal entities used by Jehovah’s
Witnesses throughout Russia. A ruling against the
Witnesses would criminalize their worship. Several human
rights experts from Russia and abroad comment on the
unjust actions of Russian authorities and how a ban on
Jehovah’s Witnesses would affect not only the Witnesses
but also Russia’s international reputation and religious
freedom for its citizens.
Heiner Bielefeldt : “If Jehovah’s Witnesses are extremist,
I think we all are”
Former UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion
or Belief
Dr. Massimo Introvigne : “The only relationship between
Jehovah’s Witnesses and violence is that they have
been victims of violence”
Sociologist and Former Representative of the OSCE on
Combating Racism, Xenophobia, Discrimination
Annika Hvithamar : ‘If Jehovah’s Witnesses are
extremist, then most versions of Christianity could be
accused of the same thing’
Associate Professor/Head of Studies, Department of
Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies, University of
Copenhagen.

Source:https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/experts-on-threat-of-ban-jehovahs-witnesses/

What is your own opinion do you think the witness are extremist?
Re: Russia To Ban Jehovah's Witnesses And Consider Them Extremist!!! toomorrow by RichDad1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

I'm here
Re: Russia To Ban Jehovah's Witnesses And Consider Them Extremist!!! toomorrow by hisgrace090: 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
Work of God is unstoppable.
Re: Russia To Ban Jehovah's Witnesses And Consider Them Extremist!!! toomorrow by atoleybaba(m): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lalasticalala mynd44 seun or any mod please move to front page let us know what people think about the witnesses
Re: Russia To Ban Jehovah's Witnesses And Consider Them Extremist!!! toomorrow by Willybos(m): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
What?
Re: Russia To Ban Jehovah's Witnesses And Consider Them Extremist!!! toomorrow by MJBOLT: 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
grin those people no dae hear word, they will still preach the gospel[in Russia

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To Israel: Trump Lands In Tel Aviv In Pursuit Of An Elusive Peace Deal / US Bombers Fly Off East Coast Of North Korea – Pentagon / Donald Trump Sends Bombers To North Korean Border (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.