Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford (656 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / 17-Year-Old Oludamilola Oluwada Accepted Into 19 Of The World’s Top Universities / Jude Okonkwo Accepted Into All Ivy League School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by nwabobo: 3:03am On Apr 05, 2017
Ifeoma White-Thorpe, 17, of New Jersey has been accepted into all eight Ivy League schools plus Stanford
She is the first such student to publicize the achievement this year
For the past several years, several New York City-area students have gotten into all eight Ivy league schools
Ifeoma says she wants to study biology and global health policy
She says her decision will likely come down to which school offers her the most financial aid
A New Jersey high school senior has her pick of any Ivy League school, plus Stanford University.

Seventeen-year-old Ifeoma White-Thorpe tells WABC that she was accepted into all eight Ivy League colleges and universities, in addition to Stanford.

ADVERTISEMENT

She described the moment she received her final Ivy League acceptance letter.

'I was shaking, I was like, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, like this might be eight out of eight and I clicked it and it said "Congratulations" and I was like oh my goodness and then I was like, what did I say?' Ifeoma said.

Scroll down for video

New Jersey high school student Ifeoma White-Thorpe, 17, has been accepted into all eight Ivy League schools, plus Stanford

Ifeoma's parents, Patricia and Andre (pictured above), say the final decision will be their daughter's to make
White-Thorpe heads the student government and takes Advanced Placement courses at Morris Hills High School. She also won the national Selma speech and essay competition.

She says she wants to study biology and go into global health policy but hasn't decided which school to attend.

She says the decision could come down to which school offers the most financial aid.

'At this point none of the school's I've applied to said they give merit scholarships, so I'm praying that they give me some more financial aid or some money, shout out to all of those schools, please give me something,' Ifeoma said.

Her parents, Andre and Patricia White-Thorpe, say the decision is up to her.

The Ivy League is made of up Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University and Yale University.

The top 10 ranked schools for biology in the country are as follows, according to U.S. News and World Report: Harvard (1), the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1), Stanford (1), the University of California - Berkeley (4) and the California Institute of Technology (5).

Global health policy is usually studied in graduate school. The top-ranked schools for that specific program are: Harvard (1), New York University (2), Duke University (3), the University of Southern California (3), John Hopkins University (5), and the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor (5).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4379066/New-Jersey-teen-accepted-Ivy-League-schools-Stanford.html

Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by myplaydiary: 3:12am On Apr 05, 2017
Igbo kwenu grin we just dey power dey go...

2 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by CyberWolf: 3:35am On Apr 05, 2017
Immediately I saw the headline on CNN, my mind told me she must be Igbo and when I read further, I wasn't disappointed.. Both home and abroad, Igbos "Biafrans" are doing well... Hate us all you can, we don't care and it will never stop us from achieving great things. Congrats my sister!!!

4 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 05, 2017
Igbo kwenu.

#NDI NKEM

1 Like

Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 05, 2017
Weldone kinfolks! #OneNation
Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by rheether(f): 4:36am On Apr 05, 2017
Watch how the mod will forcefully change it to Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by Zi: 4:53am On Apr 05, 2017
Congratulations to her.

But check again. She is not Nigerian. She just has a Nigerian name.
Nigeria does not afford brilliant minds opportunity to explore and use the potentials.
If she were to be around like everyone else, no one will probably know about her existence - just like the rest of us.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to provide my kids an alternate nationality where they can fully utilize their God-given brains and talents. Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 05, 2017
The report on CNN said New Jersey girl! That's to tell you how much the whites Wants us to remain uncelebrated! If it was crime all the bedroom tabloids in US and Britain will carry the news and she must be identified as Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by MJBOLT: 6:31am On Apr 05, 2017
Igbos and brain power be like 5 and 6 embarassed
Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by nwabobo: 6:49am On Apr 05, 2017
Lalasticlala good morning.
Re: Another Igbo Girl Accepted Into ALL Eight Ivy League Schools PLUS Stanford by Masterclass32: 7:36am On Apr 05, 2017
Fantastic achievement. Big ups, sis.

(1) (Reply)

Proudly Yoruba / Uniabu / Look At The Condition Of This Lecture Hall In Auchi Poly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.