Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

The Apocalypto - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Apocalypto (1673 Views)

The Moral Lesson Of 'apocalypto'. / Mel Gibson's ''apocalypto'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Apocalypto by Maneater1(f): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2007
hey nairalanders,

over the weekend i got to watch the apocalypto and YES!!!! Mel Gibson has done it again.
He is an excellent director, its one of the best movies i've seen in a while.
It was simply fantastic. It made me cry and lugh and cheer as Jagua paw defeated all his adversaries.

if you have'nt seen it i wud recommend it for everyone
Ps- its not for squirmish people its got alot of violence cool
Re: The Apocalypto by Seun(m): 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2007
Ps- its not for squirmish people its got alot of violence
That's why I didn't watch Passion Of Christ and won't watch this one. However, I'm very happy for Mr Gibson. wink
Re: The Apocalypto by cutieexx(f): 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2007
@ man-eater, girlfriend, u're right!

i can't tell u how scared to s**t i wos. Mel really kept me @ d edge of my seat throughout the film. grin i caught myself almost prayin 4 jaguar @times. i love the character jagua paw, he's so brave n love his wife n kid to bits so much dat he makes sure they weren't captured and he, as he promised came bk 4 them. a very romantic and heart touching story! cheesy

although i hated to see his other angry (supposed to be impotent) friend die! mel once again captured my heart even when he wasn't in the film literally.
Re: The Apocalypto by TerraCotta(m): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2007
I'm looking forward to seeing this.
Re: The Apocalypto by cutieexx(f): 11:40pm On Jan 24, 2007
oh u should, it's worth it cheesy
Re: The Apocalypto by Raymand(m): 7:28am On Jan 25, 2007
I guess the movie failed? because we've not seen any previews here. . .
Re: The Apocalypto by Seun(m): 11:39am On Jan 25, 2007
People are praising a movie and you're saying it failed. How can it fail when people are still watching and praising it?

I don't even know what "preview" means, but do you know that Borat, though popular, is also hard to find in Nigeria?
Re: The Apocalypto by Raymand(m): 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2007
I watched US top ten this week and i didn't find it there, i watch the US top ten every week. . .i've seen Borat on US top ten, that for me is a 'passed' movie. . .Apocalypo? never heard of it not saying it's a bad movie since i've not seen it. . .
Re: The Apocalypto by cutieexx(f): 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2007
i don't know why u ain't seen it yet but it's definitely in the US but probably not in cinemas already. Good though! grin cheesy. It's like a survival+passion+love movie epic! cry cheesy too nice 2 b true
Re: The Apocalypto by Seun(m): 9:46am On Jan 27, 2007
Hmmm. Maybe it's R-Rated like Passion Of Christ.
Re: The Apocalypto by cutieexx(f): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2007
no, it's not! it's bound 2 be PG, but it could also be 12, because' of the violence!but it's cool, nutin lik passion of christ, shocked i couldn't watch dat one, too gruesome
Re: The Apocalypto by iice(f): 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2007
Funny i found passion of Christ kindda a walk in the park, wasn't too gruesome for me. Nwayz Apocalypto is the bomb diggity! grin grin Have always like Mel Gibson directed movies. wink
Re: The Apocalypto by bgees(m): 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2007
what else do u expect from mel gibson. PURE CLASSIC.
do u guys know he used a real jaguar in the movie.he said he had to use very physically fit people in tthe movie.a lot of make -up too.
Re: The Apocalypto by iice(f): 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2007
Exactly, in an interview, they asked the actors how their auditon process was, they said, he (MEL) just asked them to run because he wanted to see how they would movie, since the movie required alot of physical stuffs.
Re: The Apocalypto by Seun(m): 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2007
I'm liking this Mel Gibson guy. He's not just a pretty face or a charming personality. He's entrepreneural
Re: The Apocalypto by Bizl4Rizl(m): 1:19am On Jan 29, 2007
Finally saw the movie and i was impressed. Gibson is a great director and will go places (remember his directorial debut, Braveheart won him an Oscar).

It was very gory to say the least and I liked the way Jaguar Paw handled his chasers.
Re: The Apocalypto by Free(f): 3:31am On Jan 29, 2007
damn the came out already shocked when was this

i wanted to see it undecided grin
Re: The Apocalypto by djchronic(m): 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2007
Deeeeeeeeeep movie! Jaguar Paw aka 'almost' is d sh* t mehn! The dude's too rugged!
Re: The Apocalypto by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2007
Great movie. Seen it twice. Shame he wont be getting any awards because of what he said about the Jews and Hollywood

anyway iice, which did you like more between this and PanĀ  cheesy

BTW where did the "The" come from?
Re: The Apocalypto by Tmoni(m): 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2007
great movie
lots of gruesome action and also hilarious especially the part where the other guy rubs ata rodo on his d---k and screams for water with his wife also washing her mouth grin

and the part bout the snake bite where the other guy says hes fu--ed in mayan grin
Re: The Apocalypto by Maneater1(f): 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2007
I'm glad there are alot of fans of this wonderful movie.

one of my best parts was when he jumped over the waterfall and started yelling to the others that he was in his territory and they went over the fall aswell.

watched the making of the movie he used a real jaguar and the men are professional athletes, all their custumes were hand made.

My friend has been to Guatemala and has seen the Aztec and Mayan Ruins. cool shocked

(1) (Reply)

Can CONSAT Rival DStv Dominance? / Currently Trending Nigerian Movies 2018..... / 20 Reasons Superheroes Cannot Survive In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.