Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction (13190 Views)

Ayobami Adebayo Wins £15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature / Oyinkan Braithwaite For International Women's Prize / Yewande Omotoso & Ayobami Adebayo Nominated Baileys Women’s Prize For Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by henryanna36: 10:48am On Apr 05, 2017
A Nigerian first-time novelist, Ayobami Adebayo has been shortlisted for 2017 UK Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction. She is listed amongst three British authors, an American and a Canadian. This year's prize is the last one that will be sponsored by liqueur company Baileys.

Her novel, 'Stay With Me' is set against the social and political turbulence of 1980s in Nigeria.Stay with Me is a story of marriage and motherhood. Yejide knows the only way to save her marriage to Akin who is yet to have a child. When his family insist he takes a second wife she is livid with jealousy and becomes desperate to get pregnant before her rival.

The Women's Prize for Fiction is awarded annually to what judges consider the best novel of the year written in English by a female author.It was co-founded by author Kate Mosse, who believed female authors were often overlooked for major literary prizes.Previous winners of the prize, which has been running since 1996, include Zadie Smith, Ali Smith, Lionel Shriver and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.Orange sponsored the award for 17 years before Baileys took over in 2014.The winning author receives £30,000 in prize money

Previous winners of the prize, which has been running since 1996, include Zadie Smith, Ali Smith, Lionel Shriver and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/nigerian-novelist-ayobami-adebayo.html?m=1

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by henryanna36: 10:48am On Apr 05, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Flexherbal(m): 11:16am On Apr 05, 2017
Congratulations to her!

7 Likes

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by DrDeji20(m): 11:41am On Apr 05, 2017
good.. her name is Ayobami. o jẹ inu didun Yorùbá, a Yoruba ni o wa ni wisest ni Nigeria .. a ko ṣe ọpọlọpọ ti Noise sugbon a daju mo bi o lati ṣe ohun ṣẹlẹ

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Papiikush: 11:41am On Apr 05, 2017
Now this is the kindda lady people respect. Not these slay bìtches we have on Instagram and Facebook undecided

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by ekems2017(f): 11:41am On Apr 05, 2017
Nigerians making it every where. Congratulations dear.

2 Likes

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by nothingmega122(m): 11:42am On Apr 05, 2017
NCAN Will soon flood this thread grin undecided

13 Likes

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 05, 2017
Beauty and brains kiss

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by aleeyus(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2017
Okay

1 Like

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Donjay2222(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2017
Stay with me ko, koshi e danu ni....
Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by crackerspub: 11:43am On Apr 05, 2017
NCAN Official President and founder

Yoruba NCAN and Igbo NCAN over to you guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by stanliwise(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2017
Wow. Wonderful! Whether she wins or not. She has made a Good name for herself. She is a westerner and I don't want any one here to mention 'Nigerian' especially NCAN members cause we use nigeria when It is something good and go tribal when it is Bad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Arsenalholic(m): 11:44am On Apr 05, 2017
OMGUSH! She fiooone!!! kiss
Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by celestialAgent(m): 11:44am On Apr 05, 2017
Say no to tribalism.

1 Like

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by nobodysmanrob(m): 11:44am On Apr 05, 2017
Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by softboiy: 11:44am On Apr 05, 2017
bring your bitcoin to me 380/$
Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by imitateMe(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2017
Yorubas doing us proud.

10 Likes

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Temptee101(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2017
She's beautiful. Love her smile

2 Likes

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by jumbohidi(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2017
good stuff

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Juliet11111(f): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2017
Ok seems ibos own the United states while yorubas own U.k

3 Likes

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by kayo80(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2017
Pretty Yoruba girl. Congrats to her.
Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by DatblackBoi(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2017
someone will soon come here and talk shits.
congratulations dear

1 Like

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Mydreamman: 11:45am On Apr 05, 2017
Xo happy for you. congrats dear
Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by 1stGenius(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2017
Nice one.
Always making names in overseas.
Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by amdoyin82(m): 11:46am On Apr 05, 2017
Congratulations dear. More percentage to your brain. She is beautifully and brainy.
Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Godprotectigbo5(f): 11:46am On Apr 05, 2017
YORUBAS ARE TRYING BUT IGBOS ARE BOSS

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by Akalia(m): 11:46am On Apr 05, 2017
I key into her grace. Someday my books will fetch me a mouth watering international recognition

1 Like

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by ephi123(f): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2017
Impressive, especially as a first time novelist! Kudos to her and I pray she wins it.

1 Like

Re: 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction by ipreach: 11:48am On Apr 05, 2017
Congrats to hee

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Harlequin Novels (e-books) For Download Via Freestuffng / Abiku / YoungZubi Wins August 5K Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.