Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne (3250 Views)

See Porsche’s Cayenne Cabrio And Other Official Prototypes You Never Knew / Can You Spot The Unusual Error On The Rear Badge Of This Porsche Cayenne SUV? / Porsche Cayenne Sets Record By Towing A 259,000KG Airbus A380 Jet (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by leonn(m): 6:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
Just came across this project, a mechanic installed a 1997 Nissan pathfinder engine on a 2007 Porsche cayenne which had a faulty engine. The engine alone is said to cost about 1.1million naira and the owner being Unable afford that opted for this project after being convinced by his mechanic that it was going to work. My take on this a 2007 Porsche cayenne runs on a 465 horse power v8 engine while a 1996 pathfinder runs on a v6 168 horse power. The job has been done the Porsche runs fine. But based on my observation, the engine sitting constructed wasn't strong enough and the difference in power of both engines is massive thus there might be every tendency for the vehicle to run sluggishly.

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by leonn(m): 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
More pix

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by leonn(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2017
Must confess the auto electrician guy, did a great job in ensuring it worked...

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by Okuda(m): 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2017
One minute silence for Mr Cayenne Poschukwu

14 Likes

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by mejai(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
hmmn.. I talketh not lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by leonn(m): 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2017

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by Yungbitz(m): 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
This Porsche Cayenne will never forgivethe owner nor the kazeem

3 Likes

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by Originalsly: 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2017
Not a car guy...just curious... so the car runs fine?....with the Pathfinder engine hooked up to the Cayenne transmission?!....and the car running on flat tyre? ...wowww!...great job!... soooooo ingenious!
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
Soon you will see the car on olx or NL with title, spotless 2007......... This one is called, I must drive jeep grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by kingreign(m): 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
wada fîackk shocked

Nurey are you saw wat ayam saw?

1 Like

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by kingreign(m): 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
This is downgrade
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by diportivo: 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
Poor engine

cry
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by mayor2013: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
Killer instinct mode cry
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by nurey(m): 10:37pm On Apr 05, 2017
Let me start from the steering that shit is fugly, who still steers that in 2017 grin

The minister for information and technology Elder wetinconsinme yahbiz has reiterated the need for Nissan and Porsche to continue their union until thy Kingdom come.

He also talked about technology sharing/transfer and local technology integration, speaking at the ceremony was Dr kazeem bajebaje ESQ who holds a doctorate degree in jomojomo from the University of quackamoly on his achievement in the manufacture of Nissan porschefinder.

Dr kazeem bajebaje talked about his achievement from the equation of parallel force using the theorem of emptiness -V8-456 = V6 + 168 which will give us a regression answer on the hp equalization.

Elder wetinconsinme yahbiz has assured Dr kazeem bajebaje of constant backing with funds in order for the dream "Nissan porschefinder" to remain on the road

I am nurey, reporting for contraption news grin

8 Likes

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by mayor2013: 10:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
nurey:
Let me start from the steering that shit is fugly, who still steers that in 2017 grin

The minister for information and technology Elder wetinconsinme yahbiz has reiterated the need for Nissan and Porsche to continue their union until thy Kingdom come.

He also talked about technology sharing/transfer and local technology integration, speaking at the ceremony was Dr kazeem bajebaje ESQ who holds a doctorate degree in jomojomo from the University of quackamoly on his achievement in the manufacture of Nissan porschefinder.

Dr kazeem bajebaje talked about his achievement from the equation of parallel force using the theorem of emptiness -V8-456 = V6 + 168 which will give us a regression answer on the hp equalization.

Elder wetinconsinme yahbiz has assured Dr kazeem bajebaje of constant backing with funds in order for the dream "Nissan porschefinder" to remain on the road

grin grin grin
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by ikp120(m): 10:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nice one there! This is what we're supposed to be doing instead of dumping our rides because of limited resources. It's called ingenuity at its peak. Enjoy the ride. So long as the engine fit into the hood and also power the ride to upto 180mph, no wahala.

Good job!

1 Like

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
The owner of that car will regret that decision until that car is either scrapped or sold to another unfortunate buyer.
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by HBola(m): 12:20am On Apr 06, 2017
The interior of that vehicle is disgusting. Crazy stain all over the upholstery and everywhere.
Death to the Porsche really, this is now something else.
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by ivoryhouse(m): 12:43am On Apr 06, 2017
kingreign:
This is downgrade

Or outgrade..the car won't reincarnate to africa, ever! grin grin
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:50am On Apr 06, 2017
nurey:

nurey abeg no kill pesin with laugh grin
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:53am On Apr 06, 2017
ikp120:
Nice one there! This is what we're supposed to be doing instead of dumping our rides because of limited resources. It's called ingenuity at its peak. Enjoy the ride. So long as the engine fit into the hood and also power the ride to upto 180mph, no wahala.

Good job!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4901659_20170217172713_jpeg4faf93b0619d9ecc1aea6e7d8c21cd09

2 Likes

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by diportivo: 1:03am On Apr 06, 2017
nurey:

grin grin grin

My uncle has smoked dat Shii again

grin
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by diportivo: 1:08am On Apr 06, 2017
ikp120:

Good job!

I agree with u

To think dat the mecho used a Nissan engine instead of the highly revered Toyota engines shows he knows what he is doing

2 Likes

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by billy187(m): 1:54am On Apr 06, 2017
diportivo:

I agree with u

To think dat the mecho used a Nissan engine instead of the highly revered Toyota engines shows he knows what he is doing

Where I'm at, the engines from 90s Pathfinders/Hardbodys are the go- to choice for mechan- ....I mean Kazeems working on mostly American larger vehicles. I have even seen a diesel variant in a 2000s Ford Expedition before. This is my first time seeing it in a German car though, no less a Porsche.

Move? Definitely, it will- until it has to face a hill. But then this old porschefinder will definitely confuse any car enthusiast unfortunate enough to hear its exhaust note.

1 Like

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by pokipoki: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Yungbitz:
This Porsche Cayenne will never forgivethe owner nor the kazeem
Hahahaha. Money problem not funny grin grin grin
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by Readonee35L(m): 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
@leonn
Please do us one last favor.
Make a video of that engine running pleaseeee.
And a video of the dashboard (instrument Cluster) while it's running
Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by Lexusgs430: 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
Why buy and drive a Porsche Cayenne, if it cannot be maintained ? You can tell from the colour of poor leather seat and look of the interior, that this vehicle lacked basic maintenance culture.....

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by GetUmad: 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
nurey:

Breaking News!!!

Sequel to our earlier report on attempted suicide of an expatriate, Prof. Porsche Cayenne , Sahara reporter has exclusively obtained documents linking the heinous act to one of the cabals of overzealous Mechanical Engineers popularly called the Kazeems. Our source told us the culprit, by name Engr. Baseje Apa pulled the trigger using a V6 1997 model of pathfinder. After further investigations, it was discovered that the suspect was in a habit of ingeniously corrupting and murdering High end automobiles especially expatriates. When the police stormed his office, they found cache of weapons criminally employed to assassinate the treasurables. Among which was a Mercedes S500 which was having a 1990 Peugeot 504 engine sandwiched.
We promise to bring you more details as they unfold.

4 Likes

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by GetUmad: 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Why buy and drive a Porsche Cayenne, if it cannot be maintained ? You can tell from the colour of poor leather seat and look of the interior, that this vehicle lacked basic maintenance culture.....

Exactly!

It's very obvious from the interior of that machine that the owner wasn't a capable one. It's one of those Naijas with the mentality of buying cars for "show". I used to see many of these cars in my mechanic workshop with those ones battling with the repair doing "trial and errors" and couldn't help but wonder how someone would purchase what they can't maintain. Do you know how many Hummers and Ranges that are being used as toolbox and dressing room at many Kazeem's out there?

1 Like

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by Lexusgs430: 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2017
GetUmad:

Exactly!

It's very obvious from the interior of that machine that the owner wasn't a capable one. It's one of those Naijas with the mentality of buying cars for "show". I used to see many of these cars in my mechanic workshop with those ones battling with the repair doing "trial and errors" and couldn't help but wonder how someone would purchase what they can't maintain. Do you know how many Hummers and Ranges that are being used as toolbox and dressing room at many Kazeem's out there?

Rather than buy wetin dere pockets fit maintain. Then go wan pose. Forgetting that simply buying a car is not the end of the road. If they had to take vehicle for regular proper MOT test, insure vehicle adequately and pay appropriate road tax, they would all be driving a kia picanto.....

2 Likes

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by Lexusgs430: 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
GetUmad:

Breaking News!!!

Sequel to our earlier report of attempted suicide of an expatriate, Prof. Porsche Cayenne , Sahara reporter has exclusively obtained documents linking the heinous act to one of the cabals of overzealous Mechanical Engineers popularly called the Kazeems. Our source told us the culprit, by name Engr. Baseje Apa pulled the trigger using a V6 1997 model of pathfinder. After further investigations, it was discovered that the suspect was in a habit of ingeniously corrupting and murdering High end automobiles especially expatriates. When the police stormed his office, they found cache of weapons criminally employed to assassinate the treasurables. Among which was a Mercedes S500 which was having a 1990 Peugeot 504 engine sandwiched.
We promise to bring you more details as they unfold.

Its now looking like a nairaland cartalk soap opera

1 Like

Re: Installing A Nissan Pathfinder Engine In 2007 Porsche Cayenne by kingreign(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
GetUmad:

Exactly!

There's a 2006 Range Rover evoque HSE black sitting by a Kazeems place along Kubwa Expressway, guess what the fault was? And has been there for over a year.

Blown Air suspension.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD / Please Advise Me On Opel Product And If The Parts Are Affordable / Car Paint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.