Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) (111121 Views)

Expanded Polystyrene And Some Of Its Application / Expanded Poly-Styrene As Alternative Building Material (parapet, POP, Etc) / ALTERNATIVE BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (RED INTERLOCKING BRICKS) COMPARATIVE COST ANALY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by praiseandpeac: 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
Teewhy2:
Do you Know that polystyrene are also used for window sills, Mid Bands and Internal cornices for you. Building on a swampy area shouldn't deter you from adding aesthetics to your building even when it is not considered during the foundation stage as polystyrene is a dead weight on the building. check out the various mid bands , window sill and internal cornices available.

Let me know the cost for twelve 4x4 and four 2x2 windows. Also cost of installation.
My email: thom.agbele@yahoo.com
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
praiseandpeac:

Let me know the cost for twelve 4x4 and four 2x2 windows. Also cost of installation.
My email: thom.agbele@yahoo.com

sent sir.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 6:59am On Jun 13, 2017
Naked polystyrene board fixed on wall to make it flush with adjacent wall.
Do you need naked or floated polystyrene board, for wall cladding or expansion joint, it is available in large quantities.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by kopell: 7:31am On Jun 13, 2017
Teewhy2:
Naked polystyrene board fixed on wall to make it flush with adjacent wall.
Do you need naked or floated polystyrene board, for wall cladding or expansion joint, it is available in large quantities.
Man can you make the cost of this material public just as the way you explained the expanded use for it. Cost per SQM, thickness of rages and average cost of installation per SQM. This will make it easy for people to make informed decision. Stop being secretive this is a global world and global market. Being secretive is not helping, its all about competiveness that adds to value.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
kopell:
Man can you make the cost of this material public just as the way you explained the expanded use for it. Cost per SQM, thickness of rages and average cost of installation per SQM. This will make it easy for people to make informed decision. Stop being secretive this is a global world and global market. Being secretive is not helping, its all about competiveness that adds to value.

sir, thanks for the advice, we are not been secretive about it, the polystyrene products we deal with are much , like the Naked panels posted here are of different sizes, thickness and also different density, the designs of some the parapet and window sills affects their prices that is why in order not to confuse people we decided if you contact the email address we will send price to you based on your request.
what we are trying to do for parapets is a cost comparison between the traditional parapet and polystyrene parapets, which we will post here very soon.
once again thanks for the advice.

check below for some designs.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by otunbabms(m): 10:29am On Jun 16, 2017
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST FOR PARAPET OF 40 BY 2 BY 1 FT
OTUNBABMS@YAHOO.COM

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Daboomb: 4:04am On Jun 19, 2017
Teewhy2:

sir, thanks for the advice, we are not been secretive about it, the polystyrene products we deal with are much , like the Naked panels posted here are of different sizes, thickness and also different density, the designs of some the parapet and window sills affects their prices that is why in order not to confuse people we decided if you contact the email address we will send price to you based on your request.
what we are trying to do for parapets is a cost comparison between the traditional parapet and polystyrene parapets, which we will post here very soon.
once again thanks for the advice.

check below for some designs.

Can you attach unit price to those ECL Ceiling Lamp Centers, please?

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Daboomb:

Can you attach unit price to those ECL Ceiling Lamp Centers, please?

Sir,
Presently they are not available but will update you as soon as it is available.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by pacino26(m): 8:20am On Jun 21, 2017
Teewhy2:

This system can be used autonomously in structural load-bearing applications or it can be integrated into traditional post-beam construction. It employs versatile, light weight panels that can be cut and shaped to create any architectural feature. The panels consist of a corrugated Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) core surrounded by an electro-welded galvanized steel mesh. After the panels have been assembled, concrete is applied in layers by means of high velocity spray guns.

Advantages of PIL Technology vs. Conventional Block Building
High Heat Shield for Tropics
• Fast Build: 5 to 9 days
• Labour: 4 to 7 persons
• Large indigenous employment skilled/semi-skilled
• Inexpensive fast & exact Replications
• Rapid Manufacture
• Best for mass production and speed
• 15% Lower Costs
• 42% Energy Savings
• 29% Higher Acoustic Performance
• 8x Speed of Construction High Heat Shield for Tropics
• Slow Build: 25-40 days
• Labour: 25 to 26 persons
• Primarily Semi-skilled
• Can Run into Major Cost Overruns
• Rapid Manufacture
• Bulk, heavy & expensive concrete structures

Sent you a mail this morning with designs for a bungalow. Kindly do the needful.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
pacino26:

Sent you a mail this morning with designs for a bungalow. Kindly do the needful.

Okay sir, will check and revert back to you.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 22, 2017
garsul:

Please can you do a cost comparison for say a standard 4 bedroom bungalow paraphet using concrete and using polystyrene

This ^^^^
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 22, 2017
Teewhy2:

Thanks sir for the comment, we would work on them, we had to reduce some of the pictures pixel because of the kb allowed to upload on the site.

This is why you have your own site and then you can link others to it to see pictures in detail.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 22, 2017
I have a bungalow that measures 80 X 50 feet approximately with an inside courtyard that measures 35 X 15 feet.

How much will it be to install a standard profile parapet? Total cost but I can provide local materials like cement and as such.

Thanks.

PS: By now, we should have been able to have your price so we can calculate ourselves.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 7:44am On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

This is why you have your own site and then you can link others to it to see pictures in detail.

We will work towards that sir .
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I have a bungalow that measures 80 X 50 feet approximately with an inside courtyard that measures 35 X 15 feet.

How much will it be to install a standard profile parapet? Total cost but I can provide local materials like cement and as such.

Thanks.

PS: By now, we should have been able to have your price so we can calculate ourselves.

does the house have a recess as this have a major effect on the linear meter. there are also different profiles 300 x 300 , 350 x 350 .e.t.c . what is used in fasting it to the mall is polyplaster and binding wire.
i will appreciate if you can send a mail to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com, i will forward the price per linear meter depending material only or with installation for your perusal which you can also use to calculate your self.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
equity1:
how much will parapet cost for 4 bed room bungalow

Sir, we need the linear meter of the building to calculate it, you can send your architectural plan to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com to do a rough estimate of it.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by nextstep(m): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
Teewhy2:

This system can be used autonomously in structural load-bearing applications or it can be integrated into traditional post-beam construction. It employs versatile, light weight panels that can be cut and shaped to create any architectural feature. The panels consist of a corrugated Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) core surrounded by an electro-welded galvanized steel mesh. After the panels have been assembled, concrete is applied in layers by means of high velocity spray guns.

Advantages of PIL Technology vs. Conventional Block Building
High Heat Shield for Tropics
• Fast Build: 5 to 9 days
• Labour: 4 to 7 persons

Very very interested in building a gateman's house with this. I was even considering making the flat roof from this material. I have a very rough draft of the building, but just imagine a 3m cube, about 10ft high. Very similar to the gatehouse DenTREND (https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/706#57544518). The windows are also going to be long and thin (about 6" wide), several on each wall to avoid needing burglary.

Any idea on feasibility and cost? I've been researching insulation and would not mind experimenting on something small.

Would we need to have columns on something so small, since the roof is essentially decking, but lighter than usual? I need the roof to be walked on (at most by two people), and only for maintenance. I had been researching flying concrete (lightweight concrete) to avoid using poured concrete. Wood frame and sheet roof is also out. Must be concrete.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Kuzee23: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
Brother biko inbox me your WhatsApp line ..biko...where is your office. I m liking this oh.. since you say its cheaper and strong... but i still never understand oh.. oneangleglobalconcept@gmail.com
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by emmaliver(m): 8:19am On Jun 26, 2017
Following
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by aseju: 4:47am On Jun 29, 2017
The down side to this material is that highly combustible rating.
Flash back to the fire incident in Lekki/Ajah I think not too long ago. POP and all those ceiling finishes spread the fire so fast.
Hope the manufacturer provides all pertinent details to consumer.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
aseju:
The down side to this material is that highly combustible rating.
Flash back to the fire incident in Lekki/Ajah I think not too long ago. POP and all those ceiling finishes spread the fire so fast.
Hope the manufacturer provides all pertinent details to consumer.

sir,
attached is the document from the manufacturers of the material behavior to fire.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by emmabuka: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
how much is 1meter polystyrene parapet cost?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by chubi1980: 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
Good day,
You work hard for your money, but does your money work hard for you? When you store your cash under your mattress (or in a bank if you aren't a weirdo), it will produce next to nothing. However, when you put money into an investment, it works hard for you even while you sleep.
The vital question becomes, what is the best "job" for your hard earned money? How can your money earn the most yet offer the least risk? One investment stands head and shoulders above the rest: REAL ESTATE! For three reasons;
 Your job isn’t guaranteed for life
 The prices are reasonable and affordable
 Ten years from now you'll wish you had started today.
Investing takes time and professional guidance. I’m not promising you get rich overnight if you start investing in real estate today. But I am telling you that five to ten years from today you will likely look back at 2017 and say, "Why didn't I start back then?"
Am pleased to introduce CHRISTAL HOMES LIMITED, a real estate’s marketing company with the sole aim of generating sustainable income for its clients and investors. We are open for discussions with you or your members of staff on how to benefit from any of our garden schemes.
Please, find attached our current Investment Land poster and a video documentary link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3i1k1hcO8 showing the various attractions in this prime axis.
I believe that after looking into these you will either call to continue further discussions with us or book a date and time for inspection.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest Regards,
Luke Umeilechukwu

Real Estate Consultant
Christal Homes...committed to real estate’s investment
3/9 Koleosho Street, off Medical Road,
Mokland Plaza, Ikeja.
+234 812 643 7680 | +234 812 451 0837
c.ume@live.com| luke@christalhomes.com.ng| www.christalhomes.com.ng
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by talk2cj08(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
Pls a meter of cornices is how much
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2017
talk2cj08:
Pls a meter of cornices is how much

Sir there are different designs and their cost differs, how many linear meter are you looking at. Attached are some of the pictures of them. You can send a mail to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com to send you more of it .

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:28am On Jul 04, 2017
emmabuka:
how much is 1meter polystyrene parapet cost?
What size is the size , you need 300 x 300, 350 x 350 or 450 x 450
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by pacino26(m): 7:23am On Jul 06, 2017
Teewhy2:

Okay sir, will check and revert back to you.

Waiting o. Not seen anything yet from you.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
pacino26:

Waiting o. Not seen anything yet from you.

sorry sir, couldn't get the complete bill of material for the whole building requested that is what halt the calculation
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
Price Calculation comparison between Concrete Parapet and Polystyrene Parapet.

Due to popular demand we are making price comparison between the concrete (in-suite) and polystyrene parapet. the calculation will be a detailed one which can be used for virtual all form of parapet.
we will be using the attached drawing for this calculation.

The Total Linear Meter = 57 L/M

1) Concrete (cast in-suite) Parapet.

The below are the Materials needed for this drawing.

A) Cement Needed

area vol L/m m3 ratio bags
parapet 0.08 50.35 4.07 4.5 18
beam 0.05 50.35 2.55 4.5 11
Plastering of parapet 10 approx

Total bags Needed 40 bags @ N 2700 = N 108,000.00

Reinforcement Bars
L/m nos total lm ration pcs
parapet 12mm 0.9 168 151.05 11.8 13
beam 12mm 50.35 4 201.4 11.8 17
runner 10mm 0.9 84 75.525 11.8 6

Total Reinforcement Needed
12mm 30 pcs @ N 1800 = N 54,000.00
10mm 32 pcs @ N 1200 = N 38,400.00

wood (considering all at straight and angular design without curves, so minus plywood)

L/m nos total lm ration pcs
2by2 0.6 84 50.35 3.3 15
1by12 3 50.35 151.05 3.3 46

Total Wood Needed
2by2 16 pcs @ N 350 = N 5,600.00
1y12 46 pcs @ N 2200 = N 101,200.00

Bamboo (using a cheaper method instead of 1 x 12 wood as guide
lm nos total lm ration pcs
Stands 2 84 167.83 1 168
supports 6 50 302.1 1 302

Total Bamboo Needed
470 pcs @ N 200 = N 93,986.67

Platform
1by12 10 pcs @ N 1,500 = N 15,000.00

Aggregate

granite 20 tons @ N 85000 = N 85,000.00
sharp sand 20 tons @ N 60000 = N 60,000.00
plaster sand 10 tons @ N 15000 = N 15,000.00

Accessories

Binding wire = N 11,000
Black Oil = N 10,000
Nails = N 8,000

workmanship

carpenter = N 150,000
bricklayer = N 100,000
Bender = N 90,000

Summary of Total concrete cast in suite Parapet.

Cement = N 108,000.00
Reinforcement Bars = N 92,000.00
Wood/Platform = N 121,600.00
Bamboo = N 93,986.67
Aggregate = N 160,000.00
Accessories = N 29,000.00
Labour = N 340,000.00

Total cost = N 944,586.67

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by emmabuka: 12:03am On Jul 15, 2017
450*450
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by pacino26(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2017
Teewhy2:

sorry sir, couldn't get the complete bill of material for the whole building requested that is what halt the calculation

OK, so what do you've for me? Saw the catalog you sent though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.