Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Advice Needed. Our Landlord Want To Evict Us While Our Rent Is Still Runing - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice Needed. Our Landlord Want To Evict Us While Our Rent Is Still Runing (378 Views)

My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) / Our Landlord Wants To Evict Us While Our Rent Is Still Running. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed. Our Landlord Want To Evict Us While Our Rent Is Still Runing by peacekante: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
PLEASE I NEED ADVICE

Hello nairalanders,
Pardon my long write up

I write with so much pain and uncertainty of what will be in 3days time
The apartment i stay with my family was sold to a new landlord and ever since that building was sold, all the tenants in the apartment have been tormented by the new landlord. let me furnish the you with the history of what has transpired since the former landlord sold to the new landlord. On august 2017, news were flying that our compound has been sold to a new buyer. on hearing the news, we contacted the former landlord to know if it were true. the former landlord told us it was a lie that if we see anyone coming to claim the building, we should inform him. 2weeks later, the rumor turned out to be true. When we contacted the former landlord again, he admitted that the building have been sold but he will come with the buyer and introduce to the tenants. immediately we demanded that our receipt for payment be given to us cos he had not issued us receipt for payment and he refused. 2weeks passed and he did not come with the new buyer instead a 6months notice to quit the compound starting from November 2016 to April 2017 was pasted on the gate of the compound in october 29 by the lawyer of the new buyer. After it was posted we responded by employ a lawyer. So the lawyer had to first meet the old landlord to issue us our receipt which he did 4days later. After which the lawyer file a case @ the magistrate court to restrain the new landlord from evicting us .
Note that in the compound, about 5 tenants are new tenants and their rent will run till the end of 2017 and early 2018. Also note that while the rumour was flying about the sale of the house, the former landlord collected rent from3 tenants.
While the case was on at the magistrate court the new land lord and the old landlord refuse to appear in court. fast forward to last month, Lagos state building agency came to our compound to paste a notice stating that the compound needs to be rehabilitated withing the next 21 days starting from march 22nd else they will take action. Then on the 2nd of April, another notice from the same Agency giving us 7days to vacate the building for the new landlord's in ability to rehabilitate the building. After the seven days notice was pasted, our lawyer filed a case against the agency and also got an injuction against them from the magistrate court. My fear now is if the agency or the new landlord will respect court order because the new landlord has been boarsting that come rain come shine he must bring down the building and he has been threatening all the tenants with area boys cos they keep coming to the compound.
PLEASE HELP WITH MEANINGFUL ADVICE
Re: Advice Needed. Our Landlord Want To Evict Us While Our Rent Is Still Runing by eezeribe(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
OK
Re: Advice Needed. Our Landlord Want To Evict Us While Our Rent Is Still Runing by peacekante: 5:10pm On Apr 06, 2017
Please Lawyers in the house advice me

(1) (Reply)

3br Flat 4t/3b 750k /ogudu Ori Oke / Real Estate The Real Deal/investments / One Full Plot 120x 60 In Igondo Close To Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.