Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Change Of PRIDE - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Change Of PRIDE (873 Views)

South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride / "Embracing My Culture With Pride" - Photo / 5 Interesting Facts About Nothern-nigeria Pride Queen Aminat (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Change Of PRIDE by toyeanlawlah(f): 11:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
Let me ask you this question, 'what do you take pride in?' Do you take pride in what is necessary? Most people take pride in things that are not worth it! Things they are supposed to be ashamed of! Things they are not supposed to move close to at all. So many shameful things people now take pride in.
We now live in a world where people don't see anything bad in smoking openly, whether hot or cold weather. This world has now turned to a world where public smoking, or even constant smoking is no big deal. To you public smokers, incase you don't know, you are killing the second- hand smokers more than you're killing yourself. If you don't pity yourself, pity the people around you because we have a life to live if you don't.
The phrase 'am a virgin' now sounds stupid to the REAL PEOPLE who think THEY ARE IN TOWN. We are in a world where young and unmarried ladies and guys are proud to declare to anyone who cares to know that they have lost their virginity before the stipulated time. The trend now is getting pregnant before marriage. Haba! The most annoying part is that those that are still virgins are now shy to declare that they are virgins because they would be mocked! A friend once told me that as a lady, if you don't lose your virginity early it would be painful when trying to lose it later in life. My question to her was, 'when is losing of virginity never painful?'
Another one is taking pride in clubbing and spending extravagantly. You going to the club every weekend means what? To you na sensible achievement abi? Oya clap for yasef and come for trophy! There are so many sensible ways you can spend that your money, rather you prefer to remain foolish by taking pride in stupidity. It's good to have fun, in fact it's necessary, but not in this abnormal manner. The phrase 'hang over' has now turned to a normal slang used on daily basis. I pity you.The day you would HANG and would not come OVER, you will know.
There is this annoying one that pisses me off. Taking pride in gadgets. You would see one person holding an ipad, a tablet, an iphone, an android, a blackberry and a laptop bag. KILODE! You call that display of wealth and levels, I call that madness. All these gadgets do virtually the same thing. Why worry your precious hands. If dem rob you now, you go dey blame economy and government. Ok o!
There are many more of these wrong things we NOW take pride in but I can't mention it all. Am sure you know some that I don't even know. The thing is, we have allowed civilization and technology to steal our PRIDE from us. We now take pride in the wrong things. We are Africans and would forever be Africans. Let us keep our culture because it is the RICHEST and our pride because it is OURS.
Now, what do you take pride in?

1 Like

Re: Change Of PRIDE by tomdon(m): 3:52am On Dec 29, 2017
toyeanlawlah:
Let me ask you this question, 'what do you take pride in?' Do you take pride in what is necessary? Most people take pride in things that are not worth it! Things they are supposed to be ashamed of! Things they are not supposed to move close to at all. So many shameful things people now take pride in.
We now live in a world where people don't see anything bad in smoking openly, whether hot or cold weather. This world has now turned to a world where public smoking, or even constant smoking is no big deal. To you public smokers, incase you don't know, you are killing the second- hand smokers more than you're killing yourself. If you don't pity yourself, pity the people around you because we have a life to live if you don't.
The phrase 'am a virgin' now sounds stupid to the REAL PEOPLE who think THEY ARE IN TOWN. We are in a world where young and unmarried ladies and guys are proud to declare to anyone who cares to know that they have lost their virginity before the stipulated time. The trend now is getting pregnant before marriage. Haba! The most annoying part is that those that are still virgins are now shy to declare that they are virgins because they would be mocked! A friend once told me that as a lady, if you don't lose your virginity early it would be painful when trying to lose it later in life. My question to her was, 'when is losing of virginity never painful?'
Another one is taking pride in clubbing and spending extravagantly. You going to the club every weekend means what? To you na sensible achievement abi? Oya clap for yasef and come for trophy! There are so many sensible ways you can spend that your money, rather you prefer to remain foolish by taking pride in stupidity. It's good to have fun, in fact it's necessary, but not in this abnormal manner. The phrase 'hang over' has now turned to a normal slang used on daily basis. I pity you.The day you would HANG and would not come OVER, you will know.
There is this annoying one that pisses me off. Taking pride in gadgets. You would see one person holding an ipad, a tablet, an iphone, an android, a blackberry and a laptop bag. KILODE! You call that display of wealth and levels, I call that madness. All these gadgets do virtually the same thing. Why worry your precious hands. If dem rob you now, you go dey blame economy and government. Ok o!
There are many more of these wrong things we NOW take pride in but I can't mention it all. Am sure you know some that I don't even know. The thing is, we have allowed civilization and technology to steal our PRIDE from us. We now take pride in the wrong things. We are Africans and would forever be Africans. Let us keep our culture because it is the RICHEST and our pride because it is OURS.
Now, what do you take pride in?

Morality is relative

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Long time Problems could be Spiritual. / Yoruba Goddess Of The Sea Celebration In Brasil / Wema Bank transfer code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.