Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (720412 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
donblazer10:
dude..don't be rude..the guy is right if you look at it from another angle
God bless
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Yusuf54: 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2018
Diction7:
@YUSUF54
GO AND CHECK YOUR JAMB PORTAL UNDER "CAPS"
CHECK "ADMISSION STATUS" if there's nothing there

CHECK CAPS MARKETPLACE
Goodluck to you bro
thks Bros,But has UI concluded her admission process?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Yusuf54: 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2018
Diction7:
check with jamb. They went on strike before that could happen, however, if you qualified your name would be sent to jamb for ratification and eventual upload. You can now print your admission letter etc etc
thks Man,But se UI don conclude this yr admission process?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Khali1: 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
Nltaliban:

You're about to be scammed dear. Ui concluded 2017/2018 admission process last year
Bro, do you mean that the 3500 candidates(including the coc, locality, ELDS )has been sent admission through caps and please how sure are you
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lolly1968: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2018
Yusuf54:
thks Bros,But has UI concluded her admission process?
don't mind them relax. The admission will be concluded at their meeting tomorrow and the remaining lists will be sent to jamb. Goodluck
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lolly1968: 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
Diction7:
@YUSUF54

GO AND CHECK YOUR JAMB PORTAL UNDER "CAPS"

CHECK "ADMISSION STATUS"
if there's nothing there

CHECK CAPS MARKETPLACE

Goodluck to you bro
market place cannot start before Jan 15 when the public universities must have concluded their admission process with jamb
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Opekebaiby(f): 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
Ajet001:

Oh! You're welcome to the house

YES.!!
UI accepts two(2) sittings in all faculties except for the college of medicine and faculty of pharmacy
So bro you're good to go..!

PEACE..!!!
really?
Don't know oo
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Yusuf54: 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
Lolly1968:
don't mind them relax. The admission will be concluded at their meeting tomorrow and the remaining lists will be sent to jamb. Goodluck
thks Bros
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
Nltaliban:

I don't have any idea of what's happening.
Keep trying or visit a cyber café
oshey baddest

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
sheye12:

lol,I see you're a savage-like type of person,anyways d reply I gave was pertaining to what you quoted............"No. Like you name, the ETERNAL TRUTH is that Ui only used our postume score and jamb in admitting students this year"cos you're stylishly insulting me now,whereas you're d source of d entire controversy.
As u can clearly see,you said ui only used post utme and jamb score in admitting students,which I clearly stated as being wrong,cos o level is also included.
Tho when I said it,I never used any insult-like word,but you decided to turn up the heat,d funniest part is that you're a guy,a guy that likes to insult is no guy,I see it's what you're good at,you can keep it up brvh.
it's like u're the only one that saw ur o'level result on ur portal when U.I calculated our aggregate score for us abi?
Nltaliban abeg no allow dis guy waste ur time

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrHistorian: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
posi000:

@Bobola0..7

do i stil av any chance?

my agg. 54.625
initial c: psychology--cutoff 56
did coc to human kinetics-- cutoff 52

stil nt admtd!
Let me be as pragmatic as possible.

You have a very very slim(if not zero) chance of securing admission.

★Your aggregate is below the 55 benchmark stated for aspirants of the non-science departments applying for COC.

★The Course you changed to(Human Kinetics) is most likely the choice of course for Law and CLA rejectees with intimidating aggregates like 64,66,68 which further shrinks whatever feeble chance you might even hope for.

My humble and brotherly advice for you is to quickly register for the forthcoming UTME so you can have more than sufficient time to prepare ahead since your score has a stake in deciding your admission.

And I'm sorry if my response appears too hostile. . .I can't feign confidence in your admission when I know you stand no chance.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Lolly1968: 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
MrHistorian:

★Your aggregate is below the 55 benchmark stated for aspirants of the non-science departments applying for COC.

★The Course you changed to(Human Kinetics) is most likely the choice of course for Law and CLA rejectees with intimidating aggregates like 64,66,68 which further shrinks whatever feeble chance you might even hope for.

My humble and brotherly advice for you is to quickly register for the forthcoming UTME so you can have more than sufficient time to prepare ahead since your score has a stake in deciding your admission.

And I'm sorry if my response appears too hostile. . .I can't feign confidence in your admission when I know you stand no chance.
I know someone whose aggregate is 52 and has already been admitted by caps to sociology. Initial course is economics
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hello everyone it's been a while i posted something like this and i hope you will achieve from this in one way or the other. i think it's high time we face the reality about UI admission process. Though UI has not OFFICIALLY released her admission list,buh the truth there is that those that have already been admitted on Jamb profile and are liable to print admission letter,has already been a Uite in advance. Most especially to those that were admitted on Caps and jamb profile based on merit,it will be rigid to be denied admission when the list comes out. I will implore all those that have been admitted on Jamb profile and CAPS to commence preparation henceforth for undeniable expenses such as acceptance fee,tution fee,clearance fee,accomodation fee.... e.t.c. Although,it's widely known that 2017/2018 1st semester will kick-off on March 25th,as a matter of fact, there is a high possibilty to those that merit their course cut-off(either C.O.C candidate or not) and their admission status still display RECOMMENDED,ADMISSION IN PROGRESS,&NOT ADMITTED that it can still changed to ADMITTED within the pace of time left before the Mid of February. Don't loose hope yet, i know of a guy that has already lost hope that he can't be admitted this year and has gone to paid for the on-going jamb registeration of 2018/2019 buh lo and behold to a greater surprise he was recently admitted on CAPS and jamb profile,even though he testified that he had already lost hope. I can assure you that he was admitted not because of any visible thing,buh just because it has been written that he will surely be admitted this year. So also you too,if God says your admission is this year then there is nothing that can ever change it no matter the circumstances. To those that were unable to be admitted,you have 2 golden opportunities. Firstly,sit down gently and think of the reason why you decided to pick UI as an institution of study and the course you selected. Do not pick UI because it's been called the first and the best(imagine currently in 4th position) do not decide to study in UI because your friends are studying there,because its near to your town or house,because the school environment is beautiful or because its far away from home. So also the course you picked,let it be the course you have always dreamt of studying or the course you are very good at and have passion for. The most perfect advise i can give you concerning the issue of selecting the best course and school is to pray to your God for divine direction. Who knows wether that school or that course you hate is the one God has planned for you to attend and study in which you will become a successful person in life??. Secondly, i will advise you to summon good courage and PREPARE HARDER AND SMARTER to perform excellently in the upcoming Jamb and Post jamb examinations. There are some that has written theirs for 2,3,or4, times and stil not admitted. Come on, your's is not the first and can never be the last. Prof.wole soyinka as an example,wrote O'level exam 8 times before he could pass his core subjects. Should we say he is not brilliant enough? Definitely No! So do not say you are tired of jamb if and only you still want to move forward in your academics career. Your's is to sit down and analyse what makes you score low last year and try to work on your mistakes, and afterwards put in more effort for this year examinations and i believe you will attain excellent result than your imagination. You must be the one to defeat examinations,examination must not defeat you. Thanks&God Bless.

9 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 05, 2018
sirgalahad26:

it's like u're the only one that saw ur o'level result on ur portal when U.I calculated our aggregate score for us abi?
lol..obviously,your case is different.
infact you're so funny,you're talking now,y did u upload your results on ui portal?
you shouldn't have now,thinking they'll admit u without uploading your results,cos you're saying a different thing entirely now.
I SMH big time.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 1:06am On Jan 05, 2018
sheye12:

lol..obviously,your case is different.
infact you're so funny,you're talking now,y did u upload your results on ui portal?
you shouldn't have now,thinking they'll admit u without uploading your results,cos you're saying a different thing entirely now.
I SMH big time.
You reek with ignorance, you need at least 5credits in relevant subjects to get admitted.

But on no occasion will your O'level be calculated to get you admitted

You dig?

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temedy(m): 2:53am On Jan 05, 2018
Which meeting is going on in UI this Friday
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temedy(m): 2:55am On Jan 05, 2018
Yusuf54:
thks Bros
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temedy(m): 2:57am On Jan 05, 2018
<html><head></head><body>
Yusuf54:
thks Bros
</body></html>
Yusuf54:
thks Bros
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Stry4(f): 9:21am On Jan 05, 2018
please can someone matriculate twice in U.I?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 05, 2018
babablogger:

You reek with ignorance, you need at least 5credits in relevant subjects to get admitted.

You dig?
Sure,that's certain now.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 10:22am On Jan 05, 2018
Stry4:
please can someone matriculate twice in U.I?
No

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:25am On Jan 05, 2018
sirgalahad26:

More reason I've chosen not to reply

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2018
babablogger:

You dig?

And that's the simple things I've been explaining.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:32am On Jan 05, 2018
Dkfpaul:
Hello everyone it's been a while i posted
something like this and i hope you will
achieve from this in one way or the other.
i think it's high time we face the reality
about UI admission process.
Though UI has not OFFICIALLY released her
admission list,buh the truth there is that
those that have already been admitted on
Jamb profile and are liable to print
admission letter,has already been a Uite in
advance.
Most especially to those that were admitted
on Caps and jamb profile based on merit,it
will be rigid to be denied admission when
the list comes out.
I will implore all those that have been
admitted on Jamb profile and CAPS to
commence preparation henceforth for
undeniable expenses such as acceptance
fee,tution fee,clearance fee,accomodation
fee.... e.t.c.
Although,it's widely known that 2017/2018
1st semester will kick-off on March 25th,as a
matter of fact, there is a high possibilty to
those that merit their course cut-off(either
C.O.C candidate or not) and their admission
status still display RECOMMENDED,ADMISSION
IN PROGRESS,&NOT ADMITTED that it can still
changed to ADMITTED within the pace of
time left before the Mid of February.
Don't loose hope yet, i know of a guy that
has already lost hope that he can't be
admitted this year and has gone to paid for
the on-going jamb registeration of
2018/2019 buh lo and behold to a greater
surprise he was recently admitted on CAPS
and jamb profile,even though he testified
that he had already lost hope.
I can assure you that he was admitted not
because of any visible thing,buh just
because it has been written that he will
surely be admitted this year.
So also you too,if God says your admission is
this year then there is nothing that can ever
change it no matter the circumstances.
To those that were unable to be
admitted,you have 2 golden opportunities.
Firstly,sit down gently and think of the
reason why you decided to pick UI as an
institution of study and the course you
selected.
Do not pick UI because it's been called the
first and the best(imagine currently in 4th
position) do not decide to study in UI
because your friends are studying
there,because its near to your town or
house,because the school environment is
beautiful or because its far away from
home.
So also the course you picked,let it be the
course you have always dreamt of studying
or the course you are very good at and have
passion for.
The most perfect advise i can give you
concerning the issue of selecting the best
course and school is to pray to your God for
divine direction.
Who knows wether that school or that
course you hate is the one God has planned
for you to attend and study in which you
will become a successful person in life??.
Secondly, i will advise you to summon good
courage and PREPARE HARDER AND SMARTER
to perform excellently in the upcoming Jamb
and Post jamb examinations.
There are some that has written theirs
for 2,3,or4, times and stil not admitted.
Come on, your's is not the first and can
never be the last.
Prof.wole soyinka as an example,wrote
O'level exam 8 times before he could pass
his core
subjects.
Should we say he is not brilliant enough?
Definitely No!
So do not say you are tired of jamb if and
only you still want to move
forward in your academics career.
Your's is to sit
down and analyse what makes you score
low
last year and try to work on your mistakes,
and
afterwards put in more effort for this year
examinations and i believe you will attain
excellent
result than your imagination.
You must be the one to defeat
examinations,examination must
not defeat you.
Thanks&God Bless.

Nice write-up.
but please, disregard any info or ranking stating Ui as the 4th best institution in Nigeria.

University of Ibadan, Ibadan remains the first and best university in Nigeria.

Recte sapere Fons!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:36am On Jan 05, 2018
donblazer10:
dude..don't be rude..the guy is right if you look at it from another angle

Chairman, I'm not being rude jare.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 10:51am On Jan 05, 2018
babablogger:

You dig?

reek with is wrong. It's reek of sir

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Supremor(m): 11:03am On Jan 05, 2018
Please guys what's the latest update on the admission process. My sister had above the cut off point but her status is still only showing her scores on the admissions portal, any idea what's going on?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 11:21am On Jan 05, 2018
Supremor:
Please guys what's the latest update on the admission process. My sister had above the cut off point but her status is still only showing her scores on the admissions portal, any idea what's going on?

Even for those already admitted, there's nothing else apart from scores showing on their UI portal.

where she should check is her jamb caps page. that's where she'll see if she has been admitted or not
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 11:23am On Jan 05, 2018
MrHistorian:

posi000

I am in total consonance with Historian's posit here. The best advice u can get
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2018
Lolly1968:
I know someone whose aggregate is 52 and has already been admitted by caps to sociology. Initial course is economics

thank God you said someone. you don't know the type of strings the person pulled, besides not everyone has that grace. so don't raise d Guy's hope unnecessarily
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2018
sirgalahad26:
happy new year to all hommies here i decree nd declare dat 2k18 is our year!!!
chiomamee
Ajet001
Bobola07
Nltaliban shey u don print ur admission letter? i'm having probs printing mine!

I've printed o.

PM me let's talk.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DrSterling(m): 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

I think UI recognizes only Cambridge A level
Don't know much here.

Drsterling epp
yeah..

this is Nltabiban.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.