Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (718999 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by OgaBuhari: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
Those of you whose o level is littered with C6 and you're contemplating on changing your institution to UI because of the rumours of the revamp on postutme.
I'd advise you to be careful. UI is not to be trusted. Last year I changed my Institution from Uniben to Ui cos UI's postutme only to realize that postutme was canceled and I lost my admission in tears despite my high jamb score on a less competitive course in the faculty of education.
Be very careful. UI has limited quota and wouldn't mind rejecting you irrespective of your high jamb score.
UI is not to be trusted.
Don't waste this year.
Choose wisely

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 7:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello guys...I wrote Jamb this year with awaiting result and got between 210 to 230.I also credited all my O-level results and I am going for medicine in UI.My questions are:
1) Am I eligible to write the forthcoming UI PUME exams in SEPTEMBER
2)Will I be able to upload my O-level result during the filling of UI PUME registration form(because I wrote jamb with awaiting result)?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by LegendKing(m): 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
GentlemanAyo:

Abi o, it is well o jere. Runs to UI PG thread to check if our exam date is out. Ours is not disputable, the exam sure die, lol. I don't know who did UI juju for my family, the juju is strong, lmao.
So you are a pg aspirant. It's nice knowing that tho. That obsession for UI runs in my family too ooo. My uncle is a past student, my sister tried ui twice even after ganing admission into lasu buh this point system cut her. And here i am. To my family it's UI or nothing buh i don't really care.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
teolagacy:
pls.... Do add this number to the whatsapp group .... When you get this quote,do notify and edit my number abeg..... Thanks
Your contact has been forwarded to one of the administrators.You'd be added in short-time.

Dont forget to erase your number now.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Seanpierce: 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
About that common and Islamic law,I'm very sure about it.

About Hausa language ish,I cannot defend cos I didn't write post ume with them but a friend doing law there told me so.He is a Yoruba guy and they were made to write House language.

I would advise that u do ur research well to avoid stories that touch

I have the past questions for last year with me,

Like i said, it depends on your department
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
God bless u for this
And you too bruh. cool
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 8:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
TheHistorian:

Your write-up is deficient in logic and soundness of mind.
We(On UI aspirants thread) are not the type that dignifies illogical and tribalism-inclined stance like this with a response.

Idiot! undecided

you've just wasted some kilobytes in giving a reply

a respected person like you should not answer to fools
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
abdulyusuf72:
How true is this? Even without an art subject someone can study Social work, Sociology and Political science. I need a genuine and 100% sure response, God bless you all.

once again, can I study a social science course like Sociology, pol science , social work without taking any art subject in my Waec? Please, I need urgent response. I love you all, God bless you all for your efforts on this thread.
Good day sir.These three aforelisted courses are from the Social Sciences.You necessarily won't be needing any arts subject as a prerequisite to study any of them.

But If you choose to use an art subject or two to compliment your needed O'level subjects,It is pardoned.

Cheers!...It's a win-win situation grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by youngstarlit(m): 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
I heard UI will be writing POST-UTME September this year. If you are an aspirant of this premier University. The question you should ask is How do I study and pass within one month? . Don't worry, I have found the perfect article for you to read on
How to read faster and understand easily
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
DrBESTJC:
Hello guys...I wrote Jamb this year with awaiting result and got between 210 to 230.I also credited all my O-level results and I am going for medicine in UI.My questions are:
1) Am I eligible to write the forthcoming UI PUME exams in SEPTEMBER
2)Will I be able to upload my O-level result during the filling of UI PUME registration form(because I wrote jamb with awaiting result)?
1)If the rumours making round on the Internet about UI's move to restore PostUTME is veracious.Certainly,with a 200+ UTME percentage,You will be eligible.

2)YES,During the registration,be it screening or PostUTME.There is always the provision for the upload of O'LEVEL grades.

Answer the following questions;;

What is your exact UTME score?
State the grades of your core 5 O'level subjects?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
please guys....who can give me the best of physics and biology textbook.....so I can start preparing for ui post ume incase....what textbook should I use....my essential series is poo.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
anonymous2001:
Do you perhaps know the courses first year mbbs students offer and have any access to useful course materials. Thanks
cc
DokitaDave
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
Bobola07:

cc
DokitaDave
I think I answered a similar question sometime ago.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DokitaDave(m): 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
DokitaDave:
Beautiful morning to you all.

I got your requests @holuwajobar and Ajet001

On a norm, I would have told you to exercise patience since you guys (the UI 2017/2018 freshmen) may not resume anytime earlier than late February or March, but I understand you can as well keep busy/whirl away time with getting prepared for the first year works.

For those that would come in for BDS & MBBS, there seems to be no too much work for the first semester of the first year.

You'll take the following courses:

CHE156 - Physical Chemistry 1
PHY102 - Introductory Mechanics and Properties of Matter
PHY103 - Introductory Heat and Thermodynamics
ZOO114 - Principles of Cell Biology and Genetics
ZOO116 - Introductory Invertebrate Zoology
GES107 - Reproductive Health: Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and Human immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)

Plus Chemistry, Physics and Zoology practicals.

For now, let me tell you the course content for CHE156, then maybe in some months time when you can assure me you are done dealing with EVERYTHING there, we may move on to others.

Topics in CHE156 include:
- Oxidation and Reduction/Electrochemistry
- Reaction Kinectics
- Atoms, Molecules and Intermolecular Forces
- Kinectics Theory
- Thermochemistry, Spontaneous Processes and Equilibria
- Acid, Base and Salts.

I hope this helps.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
dannyboii1:
please guys....who can give me the best of physics and biology textbook.....so I can start preparing for ui post ume incase....what textbook should I use....my essential series is poo.
who's not ready to read
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
dannyboii1:

For Physics simply use either of New School Physics by Prof MW Anyakoha OR Lamlards Physics by HA Olaniyi & OA Ajaja OR the Science physics by Afolabi JR
NB: Lamlards and Science physics has perfectly replaced the JAMB UME/UTME physics series.

For Biology simply use either of College biology by Dr Idodo Umeh OR Essential biology by MC Micheal OR Explicit Biology by OJ Olaoye.
NB: Explicit biology has perfectly replaced the JAMB UME/UTME biology series.
*Rursh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 03, 2017
thanks a lot sir......I stay at Port harcourt. can I get the books around any bookshops here.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by IfePlumz: 1:35am On Aug 03, 2017
Pls, is this kind of group available on WhatsApp
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 3:22am On Aug 03, 2017
IfePlumz:
Pls, is this kind of group available on WhatsApp

Good Morning Sir/Ma

Apparently,this is your first post on Nairaland and surprisingly it is on this thread.I dont know if you have an account before now.But,On behalf of every member of this thread(active,inactive,ghost readers,unregistered members) we say a very big welcome to you.

It will be very kind of you if you do state your aspiring course perhaps a future coursemate might get you hooked up(harmlessly tho)

About the whatsapp group...Kindly post your number,your number will be forwarded to one of the administrators.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 03, 2017
smiley Good morning everyone... thehistorian thanks for the practice questions I have seen it.But on a serious note it not that hard(at least for my field).I think all we need is just to practise our utme past questions and study those topics that are hard with a good textbook..after all I have seen tremendous utme scores on this thread. More grace to our elbows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 7:51am On Aug 03, 2017
chufor:
smiley Good morning everyone... thehistorian thanks for the practice questions I have seen it.But on a serious note it not that hard(at least for my field).I think all we need is just to practise our utme past questions and study those topics that are hard with a good textbook..after all I have seen tremendous utme scores on this thread. More grace to our elbows

Don't be deceived by those practice questions oh..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2017
dannyboii1:
thanks a lot sir......I stay at Port harcourt. can I get the books around any bookshops here.

Move around and ask, I think an ideal and well stocked bookshop should have them, some at least if not all.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2017
chufor:
smiley Good morning everyone... the...historian thanks for the practice questions I have seen it.But on a serious note it not that hard(at least for my field).I think all we need is just to practise our utme past questions and study those topics that are hard with a good textbook..after all I have seen tremendous utme scores on this thread. More grace to our elbows
You're welcome bro. cool
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by abdulyusuf72(m): 9:54am On Aug 03, 2017
Aiit, thanks for the clarification @Historian.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 03, 2017
samuelizz:

Don't be deceived by those practice questions oh..
[b]really?don't worry ßy God's grace we will smash ui.AMEN
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:53am On Aug 03, 2017
TheHistorian:

Good Morning Sir/Ma

Apparently,this is your first post on Nairaland and surprisingly it is on this thread.I dont know if you have an account before now.But,On behalf of every member of this thread(active,inactive,ghost readers,unregistered members) we say a very big welcome to you.

It will be very kind of you if you do state your aspiring course perhaps a future coursemate might get you hooked up(harmlessly tho)

About the whatsapp group...Kindly post your number,your number will be forwarded to one of the administrators.

that person will just be like

��

is this how u used to do
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 11:01am On Aug 03, 2017
Nltaliban:

that person will just be like

��

is this how u used to do
I tell you bruh...buh we must formally welcome a new member nah.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by anonymous2001(f): 11:13am On Aug 03, 2017
Thanks a lot.. Please could you give me the course outlines and some mateeials for this courses. Thank you [quote author=DokitaDave post=59092964][/quote]
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by LegendKing(m): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheHistorian:

Ehn ehn, i can't remember you welcoming me ooo. I registered coz of this thread tho. And am not jealous oooo just saying ni.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheHistorian:

sure
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
LegendKing:

Ehn ehn, i can't remember you welcoming me ooo. I registered coz of this thread tho. And am not jealous oooo just saying ni.

on behalf of everyone on this thread

Good Morning Sir/Ma
Apparently,this is not your first post on Nairaland and surprisingly it is on this thread.
I dont know if you have an account before now.But,On behalf of every member of this thread(active,inactive,ghost readers,unregistered members) we say a very big welcome to you.

About the whatsapp group. you never asked. so no info
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by LegendKing(m): 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
Nltaliban:

on behalf of everyone on this thread

Good Morning Sir/Ma
Apparently,this is not your first post on Nairaland and surprisingly it is on this thread.
I dont know if you have an account before now.But,On behalf of every member of this thread(active,inactive,ghost readers,unregistered members) we say a very big welcome to you.

About the whatsapp group. you never asked. so no info
Lool....... I have been on this thread for a while also although my first post wasn't on this thread. Thanks for the welcome tho. Am a mech eng aspirant and i know course mates here. Once again thanks for the welcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.