Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals (15874 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Atheists "Have Higher Iqs" (2) / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by CoolUsername: 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
The same old tired argument which fails to address the fact that consciousness cannot exist without matter.

5 Likes

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
CoolUsername:
The same old tired argument which fails to address the fact that consciousness cannot exist without matter.

Where was consciousness mentioned here

1 Like

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by CoolUsername: 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Where was consciousness mentioned here

If you cannot bring forth evidence of the brain violating the law of energy conservation. Your god hypothesis is at best, unnecessary and at worst, a product of wishful thinking.

It's quite simple, if the first cause of the universe isn't conscious then it is nothing more than a natural phenomenon. Consciousness requires matter to exist in the first place. You can end this argument by providing conclusive evidence against the previous statement. Until then, I cannot think of any meaningful argument that can be made for the existence of God

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
CoolUsername:

If you cannot bring forth evidence of the brain violating the law of energy conservation. Your god hypothesis is at best, unnecessary and at worst, a product of wishful thinking.

It's quite simple, if the first cause of the universe isn't conscious then it is nothing more than a natural phenomenon. Consciousness requires matter to exist in the first place. You can end this argument by providing conclusive evidence against the previous statement. Until then, I cannot think of any meaningful argument that can be made for the existence of God
oya kingebukasblog prove that consciousness can exist without matter, and then we can exist accept you win.

1 Like

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by owoleola: 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
Though as Christians our beliefs should not be rested on the wisdom of men but in the power of the holy ghost however, I have to say this......was just looking at the human body system,and how organized it is,nature itself,sun's rising and falling,seasons,availability of air,the type needed for respiration and consequently survival....and the likes,could all these have come accidentally or from nowhere?...judging from the level of organization.
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
CoolUsername:

Again consciousness was not addressed in the OP . And I' m not sure why I should fixate on consciousness as proof for God's existence . I see reality itself (everything that exists in this world and other possible words ) as evidence for God since he is the creator of everything that exists/source of all realities .

There are atheists who have studied the DNA and abjured their atheistic beliefs because they there were convinced that DNA couldn't have resulted from random chaotic processes ; some atheists like C. S. Lewis studied the evidential truth of the existence of Christ on earth and became Christians ; there are atheists who recanted their views against God when they had personal revelations and experienced miracles ; there are so many reasons why people acknowledge the existence of God . It could be through Science and observation of nature (like the deist) , personal encounters , a posteriori knowledge , Logic , reason , ontological arguments etc .

If yours is just consciousness then I implore you to broaden your perspective and read widely (your knowledge is apparently limited to so little ) . And get exposed to a plethora of concepts , arguments and reasons supporting God's existence .
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2017
Damienmarley:

oya kingebukasblog prove that consciousness can exist without matter, and then we can exist accept you win.

1. Astral Projection
2. Near Death Experiences

Even atheists on this forum have shared their personal experiences about Astral Projection . Atheists like ifenes and the rest can agree with me consciousness does exist outside matter .

CoolUsername , mi big bro , as you can see consciousness outside matter does not serve as evidence for God to some people . Ayam sorry , I can't help you grin
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by CoolUsername: 8:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Again consciousness was not addressed in the OP . And I' m not sure why I should fixate on consciousness as proof for God's existence . I see reality itself (everything that exists in this world and other possible words ) as evidence for God since he is the creator of everything that exists/source of all realities .

There are atheists who have studied the DNA and abjured their atheistic beliefs because they there were convinced that DNA couldn't have resulted from random chaotic processes ; some atheists like C. S. Lewis studied the evidential truth of the existence of Christ on earth and became Christians ; there are atheists who recanted their views against God when they had personal revelations and experienced miracles ; there are so many reasons why people acknowledge the existence of God . It could be through Science and observation of nature (like the deist) , personal encounters , a posteriori knowledge , Logic , reason , ontological arguments etc .

If yours is just consciousness then I implore you to broaden your perspective and read widely (your knowledge is apparently limited to so little ) . And get exposed to a plethora of concepts , arguments and reasons supporting God's existence .

Verbal gymnastics, Ebuka. You can't address the common quality of almost every god concept. This means that your assertion fails logically.

Let's put it this way, you say DNA is too complex to be synthesized naturally (which I disagree with since it had 500 million years in an open system to do it) but believe that the designer can because it is 'eternal'. But doesn't design require consciousness? If you cannot show evidence of consciousness in the absence of matter, then there is no evidence for God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh come on bro . How many times have we discussed this ? Man only created various concepts of God . And we have come to the realization that the Christian concept of God is true .

Man created all the concepts of God. The christian concept is just as true as the muslim or Hindu concept. One fact remains, that is , they are all man made inventions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Yes, the Bible is entirely consistent and always true.

Open another thread to protest that and your ignorance will be treated. Let me not derail this thread.

Or better still, check out the thread on "Bible contradiction" by felixomor. He did a nice job there.

The bible is NOT true. I said we can test your assertion.

2 Likes

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
CoolUsername:

Verbal gymnastics, Ebuka. You can't address the common quality of almost every god concept. This means that your assertion fails logically.

Let's put it this way, you say DNA is too complex to be synthesized naturally (which I disagree with since it had 500 million years in an open system to do it) but believe that the designer can because it is 'eternal'. But doesn't design require consciousness? If you cannot show evidence of consciousness in the absence of matter, then there is no evidence for God.

What about atheists who have evidence that consciousness do exist in the absence of matter yet don't believe in God . No jokes . Ifenes who is clearly an atheist wee help me with this lecture cheesy cheesy
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
dalaman:

Man created all the concepts of God. The christian concept is just as true as the muslims or Hindu concept. Once fact remains that they are all man made inventions.

Atheism must have come from the gods then grin cheesy

I emboldened those words in case you didn't get the joke and the message tongue
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by dalaman: 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism must have come from the gods then grin cheesy

I emboldened those words in case you didn't get the joke and the message tongue

All religions are man made inventions. Atheism is also a man made invention.

4 Likes

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
dalaman:

All religions are man made inventions. Atheism is also a man made invention.

Of course you are right . Religion and atheism are all man made inventions .
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by MutantMetahuman: 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
Let's see,

Eternal god which came out of nothing created everything just by saying something? and the elements started flying around from nowhere.
And he said let there be light, baam a giant sun with big mass that takes a lot of space appeared from no where.
(Now that's magic) grin

You didn't tell us where the eternal god got his consciousness from? Or did that come from the eternal package also and not matter? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by ifenes(m): 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course you are right . Religion and atheism are all man made inventions .

You are right, both factions are man- made as as result of mis- information. Information can either lead to transformation or deformation. Religion is as a result of fear and misunderstanding the bible. Gods/ deities are a products of poor education of the book of the bible.

Atheism is no different

1 Like

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
Let's see,

Eternal god which came out of nothing created everything just by saying something? and the elements started flying around from nowhere.
And he said let there be light, baam a giant sun with big mass that takes a lot of space appeared from no where.
(Now that's magic) grin

I clearly stated three concepts of creation- Creatio ex deo , creatio ex nihilo , creatio ex materia . And please how can an ETERNAL GOD still come from NOTHING ? Just how ?

You talk of magic ? You believe the universe came from nothing ! Explain how anything comes into being from nothingness uncaused . The deists , panentheists and some other theists do not believe the universe came forth by the utterances of God .Plus, not everyone takes the bible literally .

MutantMetahuman:
You didn't tell us where the eternal god got his consciousness from? Or did that come from the eternal package also and not matter? grin

God is described as an unembodied mind - his consciousness is experienced without any material body . Since God is eternal , his consciousness is also eternal

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by MutantMetahuman: 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I clearly stated three concepts of creation- Creatio ex deo , creatio ex nihilo , creatio ex materia . And please how can an ETERNAL GOD still come from NOTHING ? Just how ?

You talk of magic ? You believe the universe came from nothing ! Explain how anything comes into being from nothingness uncaused . The deists , panentheists and some other theists do not believe the universe came forth by the utterances of God .Plus, not everyone takes the bible literally .

Lol, you don't know what I believe. (For all we know, universe could probably be a giant conscious body) our knowledge about the universe/its existence is still very limited. We cannot say for sure where it came from, either from nothing or it comes from something. (We only know how it works so far and that is even a bit limited)

Theists throw the idea of nothing comes out nothing around a lot which makes us question the idea of where god came from.
You don't know for sure where you god came from and all those hippie shits you posted up there are not even biblical.
You are just trying to use atheist logic to proof the existence of god. You probably don't believe any of those stuff.

I have not seen an atheist that will authoritatively tell you that universe comes from nothing or something, most atheist I know, if you ask them where universe came from, they will simply tell you they don't know.

And if you tell them it came from god, they will simply ask you to prove it.
That is when the cycle of argument nothing comes out of nothing argument begin again.

God is described as an unembodied mind - his consciousness is experienced without any material body . Since God is eternal , his consciousness is also eternal
consciousness cannot just exist without matter.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by owoleola: 8:34am On Apr 08, 2017
owoleola:
Though as Christians our beliefs should not be rested on the wisdom of men but in the power of the holy ghost however, I have to say this......was just looking at the human body system,and how organized it is,nature itself,sun's rising and falling,seasons,availability of air,the type needed for respiration and consequently survival....and the likes,could all these have come accidentally or from nowhere?...judging from the level of organization.
Nobody is saying something
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
More meaningful contributions and less red herrings please

2 Likes

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by CoolUsername: 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

1. Astral Projection
2. Near Death Experiences

Even atheists on this forum have shared their personal experiences about Astral Projection . Atheists like ifenes and the rest can agree with me consciousness does exist outside matter .

CoolUsername , mi big bro , as you can see consciousness outside matter does not serve as evidence for God to some people . Ayam sorry , I can't help you grin

And studies have shown these to be no more than glorified hallucinations. Is this really your best evidence of God?

There have been countless stories of bigfoot sightings, do these count as evidence?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
CoolUsername:

And studies have shown these to be no more than glorified hallucinations. Is this really your best evidence of God?

There have been countless stories of bigfoot sightings, do these count as evidence?

Studies conducted by who ? The last time you posted a link from a random website it was an epic fail.

And again , my evidence for God is reality itself , everything that exist in this finite universe and other possible finite worlds . I don't focus on one thing or the other and say that's evidence for God . Some people do that , I did that but not anymore . Other atheists that found God didn't base their conversion on consciousness . There are atheists even on this forum who don't see consciousness outside matter as evidence for God . I'm yet to see your point bro grin
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by excadz(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nature shows us all the time how consciousness can exist without a host. Consciousness is generated in the Corpus collosum Strya, the area between our two Brain hemespheres. In this area Nurons in nerve endings spark to transfer electrical energy between Nurons. This is the essence of cognition. The same Electricity in our brain is the same Electricity that produces Lightning. Where does Electricity come from because Electricity is not a quantitative substance but a Force. The whole universe is a giant Electro-Magnetic field that moves in waves. That energy can become real matter through a process and its not the Big Bang or through the hand of an illusionary being. Unlike most Atheists I can explain my creation
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
excadz:
Nature shows us all the time how consciousness can exist without a host. Consciousness is generated in the Corpus collosum Strya, the area between our two Brain hemespheres. In this area Nurons in nerve endings spark to transfer electrical energy between Nurons. This is the essence of cognition. The same Electricity in our brain is the same Electricity that produces Lightning. Where does Electricity come from because Electricity is not a quantitative substance but a Force. The whole universe is a giant Electro-Magnetic field that moves in waves. That energy can become real matter through a process and its not the Big Bang or through the hand of an illusionary being. Unlike most Atheists I can explain my creation

Finally someone knows what scientists missed/overlooked for centuries !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Kay17: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2017
What is the test for the true God?

Considering that we are inundated with a plethora of Gods claiming the title of the creator of the universe.
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
Kay17:
What is the test for the true God?

Considering that we are inundated with a plethora of Gods claiming the title of the creator of the universe.

One God and many concepts of God . The question should have been 'which is the true concept of God ?'
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Kay17: 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
owoleola:

The typical skeptic's response is whether all things that are organized and ordered must come from a creator as an absolute rule. Now if it is not then you have to mention the exceptions.

However if it is an absolute rule then God himself for being supremely ordered and organized cannot escape his need of a creator.

Again the absolute rule would be useless and absurd if it creates an infinite chain of cause and effect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Kay17: 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

One God and many concepts of God . The question should have been 'which is the true concept of God ?'

What is the true concept of God?
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
Kay17:

What is the true concept of God?

Christian theism fine lady smiley
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Kay17: 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

It is patently clear you do not have the luxury of eternity therefore you can not as an individual say you have experienced God's eternity.

Now can you state any example of an unembodied mind without a material body aside from God.

1 Like

Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by Kay17: 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Christian theism fine lady smiley

I asked what is the test not which religion had the true concept of God.
Re: SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
Kay17:

It is patently clear you do not have the luxury of eternity therefore you can not as an individual say you have experienced God's eternity.

Now can you state any example of an unembodied mind without a material body aside from God.

Man's spirit is an unembodied mind .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The History Of Olumba Olumba (the Brotherhood Of Cross And Star) / The Most Important Type of Tithe / Deliverance Ministry Shares Free Food At Onitsha Petrol Station (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.