Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,583 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) (18160 Views)

A Short Christmas Story Of Hope (miracle Still Happen) / Remi Ireti Davies / Twist Of Hope(a Must Read Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 12:54pm On May 10, 2017
****IRETI****

“Wait a minute young lady, I find it rather insulting that you’re flirting with my brother in my presence.”
“Madam, he’s your brother not your BF or hubby so what’s your wahala?” she said and stood.
“See, my brother is taken and I won’t tolerate any rubbish from you.”
“So am I sweetie, I mean, what’s wrong with us being friends with benefits.” She asked with a shrug of her shoulders. This girl is one crazy person, I concluded to myself.
“Well, as far as this girl is concerned, you still need to look farther because you ain’t got no friend with benefits in my brother.” I said pointing at myself while I spoke.
“Yeah, whatever.” She said with a wave of her right hand then she went to the bathroom. The church service was very interesting but the only thing that had put me off was the preacher’s consistent reference to tithes, first fruits and ‘generous’ offerings being the first Sunday of the year. Finally the torture was over and the Amazing voices of the Amazing grace chapel led us in thirty minutes of praises. After church we went straight to my paternal grandparents’ house for lunch then we went home. Amaka was to resume school the next day but she planned to go back to Abuja on Tuesday, shop for school on Wednesday, prepare and arrange her things on Thursday then travel back to Calabar on Friday. Mayokun and I had also planned to go back to school on Friday while my birthday was the next Tuesday.

*********************************************************************************************************

“No, it’s fine this way; I don’t want anything too loud, maybe next year.”
“Babe, you should make it big because that way, you’ll increase your status on campus even if it’s just in class and hostel.” I smiled. I had made up my mind, my party was going to be a small one, I wasn’t ready to be a full flagged bad girl just yet, I was still taking my time. Just two days left and I was sure I had all I wanted; a little booze, friends, music, food and that was all. Cash was going to be my date for the evening, I had politely refused his offer to bear the full cost of the party and in a bid to pacify and soothe him, I agreed that he could host us in his flat off campus.
The party went smoothly, my roommates, Tayo, a handful of class and hostel mates and of course my new found friends; were in attendance; it had lasted only four hours and by nine PM, we all found our way back to our hostels. Cash had tried to persuade me to spend the night with him but I refused because I just had a feeling that I’d be biting more than I could chew. The next morning, I decided to attend only my last class which was by three PM lecture. I had slept in Dara’s hostel with the other girls; we had a late breakfast and just whiled away time by talking about random things and just teasing eachother. We got to class a few minutes before three and most seats were occupied so we had to split ourselves in twos and threes. David stood in front of the class, trying to get our attention; when he couldn’t, he just wrote whatever he wanted to say on the board.
‘MAKINDE WOULD MOST LIKELY GIVE US AN OPEN TEST IN HIS NEXT CLASS, BE WARNED! A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE’ he observed what he’d written for a while and then Riyike whispered something in his ear and they both laughed, most people in the class were oblivious of the announcement on the board when David cleaned the entire board, ‘too bad’ I whispered to myself. The lecturer came in with a broad smile, this was the same guy Dara and Turner had fought over some time ago.
“A very good afternoon to you all.” We all chorused an answer. I had hated the guy right from the first moment he had stepped into our class, yeah, he was good looking and had a way of looking at a girl that she wouldn’t want to refuse his advances but I hated him because he was dating Turner, rather had been sleeping with Turner for almost three months, and I was very sure that she wasn’t the only girl he was sleeping with.
“Now, I have gist for you guys, very juicy gist, some of you will love it while some will hate it but the hardworking ones among you would definitely feel challenged... now, as computer scientist that many of you claim to be, there is an open opportunity for you to really show what you have learnt so far not just within the confines of these lecture rooms but also on your own.
“Now, the school has entered a science and technology fair, a competition actually but we have been undecided about who to register, I said we because I am a member of the planning committee and…”
“Ogbeni go straight to the point o jare.” Someone cut in and the whole class erupted in laughter. The man smiled, why call him man, he was a boy as far as I was concerned, he had even said we could call him by name whenever we were sure that no senior lecturer was within earshot so we all called him Babs (short form of Babtunde).
“… I will conclude by saying that interested candidates should see me after class and I would also nominate some people right here and now…” he looked round for a while then produced a piece of neatly folded paper from his jeans pocket.
“… I made these choices based on the impressive CGPA of these guys, I believe they have so much potential and I would love to help them grow their talents.” Someone hissed during the brief pause.
“Here we go, Ikuforiji Olayinka, Iretiola Cole, David Okoh, Seyifunmi Peters and last but definitely not the least, Fajobi Micheal. Can all five of you rise?” this was the part I hated; the five names he’d called were the only first class students in the class. I hissed as I got to my feet.
“Why you con say make we apply again when you don already nominate all the first class finish.” Someone said and some giggled but Babs ignored and continued as though he’d not heard the rude remark.
“Now, you should see me after class today, immediately after class I mean.” He said and motioned for us to sit. He continued his lecture which was a continuation of where we’d stopped in the last class. After the lecture, Babs had a brief talk with five of us and told us to come up with a project that we could represent the school with. I didn’t bargain for this so I wasn’t ready for it. As soon as Babs left, I walked back to the class to look for Dunsin.
Days dragged into weeks and finally it was test week. I had been partying all semester but I’d always made time for my books. My relationship with my roommates had become strained and it had just been a miracle that the friendship wasn’t broken, well, just yet. Tee had stopped taking money from me and they barely touched my foodstuff, even Dunsin was acting up, well most of my time had either been in Dara's hostel or in Tayo's room so I didn't feel like I was losing.

TBC

3 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Eniqurl(f): 8:19pm On May 10, 2017
Nice Story....
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 10:24am On May 12, 2017
****IRETI****

*********************************************************************************************************

Days dragged into weeks and finally it was test week. I had been partying all semester but I’d always made time for my books too. My relationship with my roommates had become strained and it had just been a miracle that the friendship wasn’t broken, well, not yet. Tee had stopped taking money from me and they barely touched my foodstuff, even Dunsin was acting up, well most of my time had either been in Dara's hostel or in Tayo's room so I didn't feel like I was losing, I mean, Dara and the other girls were just what I needed, even more than enough so I wasn’t bothered. I’d written five tests already in two days and I was optimistic of a good result, Cash and I had been close friends and he’d even asked me to date him but I told him I would think about it and that was three weeks ago, is that not the normal way a girl should act? Communication with Richard had dwindled because he was busier or something like that, Amaka still remains my bestie for life, a shoulder I could always lean on. She was really happy that I’d started to do ‘fun things’ with my life, she called me every other day to catch up on the latest gist. Okay, the essence of that recap is to introduce a new character in my life. His name is Peter Durojaiye; tall, handsome, smart, dark skinned (I didn’t say black o) nice dimples, boyish charm, beautiful eyes etcetera are not enough to describe the twenty year old part three political science student. We met at a club (not that I frequent clubs o), it was a girls’ night out and I’d been sitting alone at the bar with a glass of mineral water, he’d ordered the same thing and I’d found it amusing that a guy in a club wouldn’t take alcohol. I started the conversation and we exchanged numbers before I left with the girls. The night had been worth my while even though I’d been reluctant at first; Peter came along and saved me with his sing-song voice. He called me three days later just to ‘check on me’ and then again to ask if we could hang out. I had my life where I wanted it to be, I had also worked on my sassiness and already had a hang of it, my shyness had reduced from 70% to 20%, I now wore light makeup regularly and was already growing my low cut.
I leaned over the handrails to peer at the commotion in the quadrangle downstairs, Dunsin and Tomisin also rushed out of the room when the noise rose a notch. Hostel A was the largest of all the female hostels and so, something was always happening.
“That babe is a squatter o” Tomisin announced.
“I know her now, no be she just pack come that last week.” A girl from the room next door confirmed. The number of girls on the corridor was now steadily increasing and different discussions were ongoing. I concentrated on the girls who were throwing shades at themselves and couldn’t help but laugh. Finally, when the commotion was getting out of hand, the porters on duty intervened and finally separated the fighters with much effort which meant every onlooker could go back to their rooms. I went in and took a chair to the corridor for fresh air, my hostel, alone, had been out of power for four days now. As I sat, I saw Seunfunmi come towards me, lately, the girl had just found me interesting and always wanted to be around me. I smiled.
“Hello dear.”
“Hello.” She replied and sat on the floor beside me. I frowned.
“How can you sit like that, I’ve always told you that this corridor is very dirty but no o, you won’t listen.” I shook my head and she laughed.
“I sha have not died from all the sitting on the floor.” She replied and I rolled my eyes.
“So what’s up?” I asked.
“Nothing o, I’m just bored, that my floor is just too boring jare and Tayo is not around.”
“I see. Sanu.”
“Omo mola, you better start speaking Yoruba, every small is Hausa.” She hissed.
“Sorry ma. E pele, mo ma change to Yoruba very soon.” I replied.
“Na you sabi.”
“Whatever. So what do you want to do?” I asked.
“I don’t know, that’s why I came here just in case you need company.”
“Too bad, how many tests have you written so far?”
“Most of them, I have just two left, you nko.”
“I’ve written just five but I’m free for most of this week though so maybe we could work out something.” I said and touched her cheek.
“Mama the mama, I want to be like you o, the whole school is feverish with exam anxiety and you’re just chilling, well sha, first class no be beans.” I laughed heartily.
“I pray o.” was all I could say before Tomisin came out of the room. Seunfunmi greeted her and they talked for a few seconds.
“Ehehn, Ola, are you busy with your phone.”
“What do you want?” I asked without looking up from the phone.
“I want to call my sister ni, I don’t have credit.” I smiled, she was blackmailing me, typical of Tomisin though. I looked up at her, smiled wider and went into the room to take my ATM card.
“Dear Tomisin, you know my pin and rules so go and recharge you phone with nothing more than a thousand naira.” I said and handed her the card which she accepted and thanked me. I went back to my seat on the corridor and continued my chat with Seunfunmi.

TBC

3 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 4:28pm On May 12, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION

After dinner, I went straight to Dara’s hostel, being the oldest of us all, she was my favourite.
“Babe wassup now.” She said as I entered the room. All her seven roommates were out, seven because each of the three room owners had a squatter while the other two had one each and Dara had two, a friend and her cousin.
“I’m good dear.”
“I know, what of that your new bobo?” she asked referring to Peter but I feigned ignorance.
“Which of them?”
“So they’re many, wehdone ma.” I laughed. Dara had finished her first year with a third class and now that I was closer to her than any of the other girls, I made it a point of duty to help her improve academically.
“Yeah, so how prepared are you for the exam?” she dropped her phone and sat up on the bed to face me.
“Babe, I won’t lie o, I’m not prepared at all, infact, I’m nervous, I don’t even know what I should do because I’m scared. See ehn, anytime I carry my book, it will just be as if I have not read anything as if ehn, omo me am tired o.”
“Okay, point taken. Have you finished ranting…”
“Ola, you have bad mouth, is that what you’ll say after I just explained…”
“Madam, Will you let me finish, not that I want to praise you or anything but will you at least let me talk?”
“Oya talk na.”
“Thank you. Now the truth is, you have been very lazy otherwise you should not be feeling the way you claim to feel, I am very sure and convinced that when you feel like you’ve not read, you just drop the book and go on to do something else. That is not nice, it is stupid to say the least and please don’t think I’m disrespecting you or talking down at you but there are some things you need to change about your attitude towards reading if not you won’t make it past a third class at the end of your four years in this school, that’s even if you make through the four years.
“Look, I’m not good at flattering and you know that but come on you just have to change, granted, you’ve been doing a good job and I love the level of improvement but that’s just not enough, and to think that I even told you about my roommate to boost your morale and you’re still being childish…” I sighed “… I just need you to be more hardworking and trust me, hardwork takes a conscious effort.”
“Thanks, I really don’t know what I’ll do without you. If we’d not become friends ehn, those useless girls will just be making fun of me as if they have better results when they don’t. Thanks again.”
“You’re welcome.”
“So are you here to read or what?”
“Nope, I just came to say hello, I should be on my way now.”
“Can I come too?”
“Yeah, sure, why?”
“So that we can read together for Okonkwo’s test now.”
“Okay, you room is the most inappropriate place to read.” I said smiling.
“You can say that again.” She said and stood. Twenty minutes later, she had eaten, changed clothes, packed her handbag and we were on our way back to my room. Tomisin had just dished her dinner when we got there.
“Welcome o, I didn’t know we were having a visitor, I would have cooked more food.” She said with sarcasm evident I her voice, I was so sure Dara was going to give her a piece of her mind and I was not disappointed.
“Abeg, Ola do I look like a beggar or do I look hungry to you, which one is this now?”
“Sorry o.” tomisin apologised while I totally ignored and went ahead to have my bath. When I got back, I met Dara outside receiving a call. I changed quickly and went to stand outside with her.
“Where is Dunsin?” she asked when she’d ended the call. I shrugged my shoulders because I didn’t know where she was, most likely, she’d gone to read, I didn’t care, she’d ceased to be my study partner for a while now, not my fault though, she changed after Richard left. Some minutes later, Tomisin came out fully dressed with her overnight bag, one look at her and I knew she was going to read in class.
“Em, Ola, am going to class o, see you tomorrow.”
“Okay, do you know where Dunsin is?”
“She’s gone to read too, I didn’t plan on going but this room won’t be conducive for me tonight. See you tomorrow.” She left and Dara clapped her hands thrice.
“Eh, this your roomie is trying me o, who does she think she is ehn, because she’s in year three abi. I swear when next she tries rubbish, I go slap am, she dey craze, infact, I’ll be coming here more often now.” I laughed.
“See the way you’re giving yourself wahala, just ignore her, she’ll come round, trust me.” She hissed and got hold of herself.
“Ehehn, how far with that Peter guy now?”
“He’s good.”
“That’s it? He’s just good? Anyways a friend of mine is dying to meet you.”
“I don’t like the sound of that.”
“Ahahn, you didn’t even ask who the person is…” I shrugged my shoulders “… he’s a lecturer, young rich and handsome, he saw your picture on my phone some time ago and he’s been disturbing me ever since.”
“Tell him I’m not interested.”
“Ahahn, it won’t hurt to meet him just once now, just to know what he wants.”
“What else would he want other than sex from a different girl, I can’t deal with that.”
“See, na somebody go still disvirgin you one day one day o.”
“Let’s wait till then.”
“See, my dear, I’m not forcing you or anything but this guy is three times better than all those small small boys that are following you up and down, he’s older and has more experience, he’s richer even if he’s not more handsome.”
“Richer, you say, well, news flash, I don’t need his money or anybody’s’, I’m okay the way I am and my parents are doing a good job, thank you.” She laughed for a while.
“Sorry o omo olowo but FYI, I don’t think this guy wants anything more than friendship, he’s nice, cool, calm and collected, he doesn’t have a string of girls following him so don’t be afraid.” She said and touched her fingertips, lightly, to my cheeks then smiled. We went back into the room, it was just nine PM and the whole hostel was graveyard silent all thanks to the fear of exams, and there was still no light. I set my phone alarm to one AM and we both went to bed.

TBC

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

kissHello dear readers, I'd like to know your thoughts on the story so far, most especially the characters. I am deeply sorry for my inconsistency, it has been due to part work, part laziness. Thanks for you understanding.
Ayomide loves you

2 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Dopeyomi(m): 10:10pm On May 14, 2017
The story has been cool... the reason why weare'nt dropping comment is because of the late updates..

Thank you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by IZEGOLD(f): 4:43am On May 15, 2017
Nice one
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 12:15pm On May 15, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION

The test was quite easy and I was done in twenty minutes (it was a thirty-minute test though). After the test, Dara and I went to eat in one of those food joints that are actually bukas but sell their food per plate. The rest of the day went by so quick that I wasn’t even prepared for nightfall.
“Where were you throughout the day?” I asked Dunsin as she came into the room, that was the first time I was seeing her since she left the hostel the previous night.
“Around.” She replied.
“Okay. How was Okonkwo, I thought we’d read together yesterday.”
“Ehehn, I didn’t see you and I went to read in class with others, there was a tutorial.” I smiled, I just didn’t understand why Dunsin was being so childish to the extent that she couldn’t inform me of a tutorial, not that I needed extra tutorial for Okonkwo’s course but I just felt awkward.
“So there was a tutorial and you didn’t think it would be nice for me to know. Touché.”
“Ah, I didn’t know you needed tutorial na, afterall, you are a first class student.” Okay, I think I get the point, this was not about me moving with Dara and the rest, it was about my CGPA, I smiled.
“Madam, you don’t need this right now, the more you beef me, the less time you have to study and improve, let go and you’ll see that your result this semester will be better.” I replied and lay back on the bed, she hissed. Truth is, I was not ready for negative vibes around me, in my opinion, negativity takes us nowhere, instead, you’re stagnant and just dwelling in self-pity. Tomisin was not back yet, I had made dinner earlier and that was what Dunsin was helping herself to, I wonder if she’ll eat if she found out I was the one that prepared the food; I smiled at the thought. Just ten more days to the commencement of exams, I just couldn’t wait to be home, not that I had any special activity planned out, but I just wanted to take a breather; whenever I come to this dead end called a higher institution, I don’t go back to Lagos until the holiday.

“You are such a good girl.” I turned to see Mr Cute smiling and walking towards me. Where was I? How did I get here? Those were the two questions at the back of my mind. I was sitting on a bench in a garden that looked so much like the freedom park in Lagos. Mr Cute soon got to my side and lowered himself on the bench with his right arm across my shoulders.
“You are a very good girl, obedient and all but you still have not satisfied me, I need more from and I know you can do better so why are you so shy? This Seunfunmi wants to be your friend and you keep shunning her, that’s not so nice, you must welcome her with open arms, let have a taste of what you have, the girls were not selfish to you and so you mustn’t be selfish too. To whom much is given, much is expected; I trust you can do it.” There was a fierceness in his voice that I couldn’t understand, he was smiling but his voice was firm, I felt like I was in a trance, as though he were stuffing all his words into my head and I had no control over it. After a while, his arm around my shoulders softened and he smiled, I felt better and returned the smile.
“How did I get here?” I asked, letting my curiousity get the upper hand.
“The how is not important now, what is important now is get I’ve given you a new assignment.” I nodded, I felt like I had been hypnotised. Just then, the intruder came along with his bloodied clothes and stood right in front of us, smiling. Mr Cute averted my face and frowned.
“What do you want?” he asked
“Nothing, I just came to see how your new convert is faring.”
“This one is mine; you can’t take her away from me.”
“I’m not contesting that, she’s yours, I know, I just came to see how your relationship is faring, that’s all.” Mr Cute was on his feet now and I could see what was going on. The intruder wore a wide grin while the scowl on Mr Cute’s face was hilarious and I could not help but giggle.
“See you later.” The intruder said and he walked away.
“And why were you laughing?” Mr Cute asked, still frowning.
“Nothing” I replied simply.
“You better watch it, don’t you ever laugh at me in the presence of that guy.” I was confused, just because I giggled.
“Did I do something wrong?”
“Yes”
“Okay, I’m sorry but who exactly is that guy?”
“No one you need to know.” I stared unseeing at Mr Cute, thoughts of the intruder’s identity filled my head. Suddenly Mr Cute wrenched me up from the bench and shook me violently. I tried to break myself free but his hold was strong and fierce, aggressive.
“Be careful, I’m usually not this lenient.” He said and shoved me backwards. I felt myself hit the ground hard and I closed my eyes and I continued falling through space till someone or something caught me and I probably passed out.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:03pm On May 15, 2017
****IRETI****

"Wake her now.” I heard someone say.
“You too wake her, I can’t touch her o.”
“Shebi you’re closer.”
“Ehn, you too move closer, see as she’s shaking like someone that is demon possessed.” It definitely had to be my roommates but what did they mean by shaking? I didn’t feel myself shaking instead, I felt stiff, with my hands glued to my sides. The voices continued but it all sounded like so many bubbles, as though someone was gurgling water, then it was clear again.
“That would be better.”
“Ehn, oya goan bring the water na.” I heard footsteps then water being pour into a container, footsteps again and then in my stiff state, I felt something cold and hard drop on my temple. My eyes flew open and I stared wide-eyed at my roommates standing over my head, Tomisin was holding a cup of water and Dunsin was looking as if she’d just seen a ghost
“Ola! Can you hear me?” Tomisin asked; I simply stared, unable to speak.
“Eh, Tee, don’t you think we should take her to the clinic?”
“I don’t know, this one that she’s not even talking now.”
“Ehn, let us just take her there, at least they’ll know better.”
“Okay, check if her body is hot.”
“Me I can’t touch her o.” I stared at both of them, surprised by the conversation. I moved my hand and it hurt so bad but I still managed to touch my temple; it was wet, I sat gently, up on the bed while my roommates watched in horror, as though I was committing suicide. I supported myself with my hands but that was a wrong position to sit, my arms felt like I’d just been hit by a truck load of cement. I moved up the bed, slowly and rested my back on the wall; that, again was a wrong move, the wall felt like ice. I was tired, I hated the way I was feeling and I began to cry, I just wanted to be well. First it had been asthma, now it was this intermittent sickness that I didn’t know the cause and never lasted for more than two days, during which I’d wish the world to come to an end. Tomisin came over to my side and touched the back of her palm to my neck and then temple.
“Her body is not that hot...” she said to Dunsin before she turned to face me.
“… Ola, why are you crying?”
“I don’t know, I just want this to end, to go away forever and never come back.”
“What are you talking about? I think you had a nightmare, you were just rolling and shaking on the bed for close to thirty minutes, we were shouting your name so that you’ll wake up but you did not respond.” I nodded and remembered when the same thing had happened during Christmas.
“Em, do you want to go to the clinic, me I don’t want wahala o.”
“Dunsin, shut up jare. See that she’s crying and all you can think about is yourself.” Dunsin spread her hands out in front of her.
“No o, I’m just saying that because our last paper is on Wednesday so she should go to the clinic for treatment before then.” I wiped the tears with the back of my right palm and sniffed. Dunsin was right but I knew she wasn’t in the least bit concerned about my health, she was more interested in the first class competition, in which she was the only participant, she had entered.
“It’s fine, I’m okay, I just need to take a shower and I’ll be fine.” I said and as I sign, I slid down the bed and stood. The moment my feet touched the ground, I went down straight, it was too cold and I started shivering. Tomisin rushed to my side and pulled me up; Dunsin joined her to lay me on the bed. Dunsin got a duvet and covered me with it. I fell asleep immediately as the warmth took over my entire being.

I felt the sun rays burn my eyes and I concluded that it was afternoon already. I opened my eyes and saw Dunsin on her bed reading with her mp3 plugged into her ear. I sat up, I felt better now but very hungry. I went to check the pot for food but it was empty, I believe Dunsin saw me out of the corner of her eyes.
“You’re awake.” She said and I nodded.
“How are you feeling now?” she asked again.
“Better but hungry.” I replied.
“Ehn, Tee put food in your flask, it’s in your book shelf.” She turned plugged back her headphones and continued reading. I smiled and shook my head as I went in the direction of the shelf at the foot of my bed and took out the flask. I opened and was happy with what I saw; she’d prepared jollof rice and fried chicken, it had been a while I ate such good food since exam commenced three weeks ago. While I ate, I was busy with my phone. I received a text from Cash on bbm.
‘Babe’
‘Bobo’
‘Dropped my pen today’
‘Good for you’
‘Thanks love’
‘Anytime, my last paper is on Wednesday’
‘Wow! That long, why na’
‘I don’t know’
‘I thought we could hang out later this evening’
‘Nah, I don’t think so, I’m not feeling up to it’
‘Yeah, I know you still got papers to write’
‘Yeah, I have to go now, bye’ I didn’t even think twice before I switched off my phone. I was already bored with Cash, Peter was number one on my list now, he was just so good, never stalking me online and knew just the right things to say at the right time. Unlike Cash, I’d not kissed Peter, at least not yet, and I was really hoping that he’d ask me to be his girlfriend.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Dopeyomi(m): 8:56pm On May 15, 2017
Next
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 11:05am On May 16, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION...

I had already met Dara’s lecturer ‘friend’, he had not said too much when we talked and hadn’t even asked for my number; maybe Dara was right afterall. I dropped my phone when I was done with my food, I had promised to meet with Peter later in the evening, it was just two-thirty PM, I still had time since afternoon papers started by two and ended by five. I dragged myself lazily out of bed and out to the bathroom, thankfully, the hot afternoon sun had warmed the water. I wore a pair of jeans, a crop top and my gold sandals and left the room without informing Dunsin where I was headed, not that she’d have asked though. Standing outside the hostel, under the scorching sun, I realised I’d made a mistake; I should worn a fez cap or at least taken my sunglasses. I didn’t even know where I was going, I just felt like leaving the hostel. I decided to visit a friend in the boys’ hostel (he’s just a friend, Richard’s former bunk mate). I went straight to his room and knocked and his roommate answered.
“Hello, is Jesufemi in?”
“Em, yes, come in.” he was grinning as he opened the door wider and stepped aside for me enter, boys will always be boys, he probably thought I was his girlfriend or something. I entered and saw six other boys lying around the room, Jesufemi was sitting on a chair by the window.
“What a pleasant surprise.” He said.
“Hi, hello everyone.” I didn’t have any makeup on because I’m not a fan of afternoon makeup.
“Welcome o…” one of the boys said and stood “… all of you don’t have respect o, una see say fine girl find person come and you no fit clear road make she siddon.” I laughed as two other boys got to their feet and began cleaning a chair with their hands.
“Princess, come and sit down jare.” One of the boys said. I murmured a thank you and sat. Meanwhile, Jesufemi had been smiling and shaking his head all along.
“What do we offer you now o, just order anything, we’ll get it.” The first boy said.
“I’m fine, I just ate not long ago.” I replied.
“Abeg, make una leave my visitor, sorry, my in-law. Na she be Richard wife.” Jesufemi announced and someone whistled.
“That boy get eye o, see as the babe fine.” Someone remarked. I never really entered this hostel when Richard was around, I knew Jesufemi because both boys had a bond, they were really close that I thought they had known eachother before Uni.
“Issokay…” Jesufemi said “… sha leave the babe. Ola how far now, to what do I owe this august visit?” he added. A boy who had been lying, shirtless, on the floor stood, picked his shirt and slung it on his shoulder and whistled.
“Nawa o, see as Femi dey speak English because of girl.” He said and laughed out of the room, two others followed suit.
“Yeye people…” Jesufemi said. “… Don’t mind them jare. So what’s up?”
“Nothing really, I just want while away time.”
“Fair enough because I know you can’t just come and visit me like that.”
“Haba, that’s an unfair thing to say.” He rolled his eyes.
“Ehn I know na.” I laughed.
“So are you done with your exam?”
“By the grace of the Almighty God, tomorrow is the last time I will write any year two first semester course, carry over is not my portion in Jesus’ name.” I smiled and then felt a flash of anger pass through me, why did he have to mention Jesus.
“Yeah right, if you haven’t done well then don’t expect too much because the way you are calling Jesus now.”
“Ehehn, that reminds me, there is a program in my church that I’d like you to attend, trust me, you’ll gain a lot from it, we’re having invited ministers, it’s the last lap of the special exam prayers we started since the exam commenced then next week Sunday will be the general thanksgiving, trust me Ola, you don’t want to miss it.” Of course I want to miss it, what did I need special prayers for when I could read, who even told him I was interested in anything related to churches or campus fellowships.
“Oh yeah, what fellowship is that?” I asked, surprising myself.
“MFMCF, where do you fellowship.”
“Uh, I don’t have a particular place of worship, here and there, anywhere.” I wouldn’t classify that as a lie because it wasn’t, I just hadn’t revealed that I didn’t attend services regularly (I’ve only been to a church twice since I resumed Uni).
“Ehehn, I thought you were attending RCF of WCF o.” I was confused, what did those abbreviations even mean.
“Nah, I love to explore.”
“Hmmm. While it’s good to explore, it would be nice to belong to a fellowship, somewhere people can associate you with, not that you’re in CACSA today, RCF tomorrow and all that. I’m not saying you should compulsorily join the work force o but at least just be stable in one place and you’ll find that you enjoy the services as they go by.” I felt like breaking something, how did we get here from talking about exams.
“The evangelist, I hail o…” One of the other three boys in the said. “… he’s just using style ni o, at the end, he will say you should join MFM, that their boring church.”
“No o, can you compare MFM to CACSA? I won’t take that from you.” An argument ensued and I took pleasure in watching them. When it was almost five, I announced that I was leaving and Jesufemi saw me to the hostel gate. I decided to wait for Peter in his own hostel.
After waiting in his room for about thirty minutes, he finally came in.
“Finally, you’re back.” I said and rose to give him a hug.
“I didn’t expect to see you here.” He said, smiling. His roommate had kept me company all the while.
“Afeez has done a good job of entertaining me though, you should thank him.” I whispered the latter.
“Since, she’s been waiting for you, ordinary exam since morning.” Peter wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to himself.
“I’m sorry babe, I was waiting for some of my guys.” I locked my fingers behind his neck and smiled
“You’re forgiven, you know I can’t stay angry with you.”
“Em, let me excuse you guys, I’ll be downstairs with Osas.” Afeez said and left the room. Peter released me and pulled me to the bed with him and we both sat.
“So what do you have planned for tonight?” I asked
“Nothing much, seeing your pretty face is enough for me and then we could go to a club, if you’re feeling up to it though.”
“I’ve not been to a club for over a month now, we could go tonight.” I replied.
“Great, but first, we need to eat, it’s not a so-good idea to drink on an empty stomach.” He said and pulled my nose playfully. Peter was such a smooth operator, I loved him more and more every day, it was a miracle that I hadn’t kissed him yet. He stood and took off his clothes. I smiled to myself as I watched him UnCloth to his boxers, he had nice biceps and strong arms.
“You look yummy.” I said.
“I think we should have dinner earlier before someone turns into a vampire.” He said as he wrapped his towel round his wait and picked a bucket and I laughed.
“That sounds like a good idea.” I replied and he smiled out of the room. As I watched him leave, I imagined how my first sex would be like, most likely with Peter and I smiled. I’d never felt like this ever and I was loving it, loving Peter.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 11:06am On May 16, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION...

I had already met Dara’s lecturer ‘friend’, he had not said too much when we talked and hadn’t even asked for my number; maybe Dara was right afterall. I dropped my phone when I was done with my food, I had promised to meet with Peter later in the evening, it was just two-thirty PM, I still had time since afternoon papers started by two and ended by five. I dragged myself lazily out of bed and out to the bathroom, thankfully, the hot afternoon sun had warmed the water. I wore a pair of jeans, a crop top and my gold sandals and left the room without informing Dunsin where I was headed, not that she’d have asked though. Standing outside the hostel, under the scorching sun, I realised I’d made a mistake; I should worn a fez cap or at least taken my sunglasses. I didn’t even know where I was going, I just felt like leaving the hostel. I decided to visit a friend in the boys’ hostel (he’s just a friend, Richard’s former bunk mate). I went straight to his room and knocked and his roommate answered.
“Hello, is Jesufemi in?”
“Em, yes, come in.” he was grinning as he opened the door wider and stepped aside for me enter, boys will always be boys, he probably thought I was his girlfriend or something. I entered and saw six other boys lying around the room, Jesufemi was sitting on a chair by the window.
“What a pleasant surprise.” He said.
“Hi, hello everyone.” I didn’t have any makeup on because I’m not a fan of afternoon makeup.
“Welcome o…” one of the boys said and stood “… all of you don’t have respect o, una see say fine girl find person come and you no fit clear road make she siddon.” I laughed as two other boys got to their feet and began cleaning a chair with their hands.
“Princess, come and sit down jare.” One of the boys said. I murmured a thank you and sat. Meanwhile, Jesufemi had been smiling and shaking his head all along.
“What do we offer you now o, just order anything, we’ll get it.” The first boy said.
“I’m fine, I just ate not long ago.” I replied.
“Abeg, make una leave my visitor, sorry, my in-law. Na she be Richard wife.” Jesufemi announced and someone whistled.
“That boy get eye o, see as the babe fine.” Someone remarked. I never really entered this hostel when Richard was around, I knew Jesufemi because both boys had a bond, they were really close that I thought they had known eachother before Uni.
“Issokay…” Jesufemi said “… sha leave the babe. Ola how far now, to what do I owe this august visit?” he added. A boy who had been lying, shirtless, on the floor stood, picked his shirt and slung it on his shoulder and whistled.
“Nawa o, see as Femi dey speak English because of girl.” He said and laughed out of the room, two others followed suit.
“Yeye people…” Jesufemi said. “… Don’t mind them jare. So what’s up?”
“Nothing really, I just want while away time.”
“Fair enough because I know you can’t just come and visit me like that.”
“Haba, that’s an unfair thing to say.” He rolled his eyes.
“Ehn I know na.” I laughed.
“So are you done with your exam?”
“By the grace of the Almighty God, tomorrow is the last time I will write any year two first semester course, carry over is not my portion in Jesus’ name.” I smiled and then felt a flash of anger pass through me, why did he have to mention Jesus.
“Yeah right, if you haven’t done well then don’t expect too much because the way you are calling Jesus now.”
“Ehehn, that reminds me, there is a program in my church that I’d like you to attend, trust me, you’ll gain a lot from it, we’re having invited ministers, it’s the last lap of the special exam prayers we started since the exam commenced then next week Sunday will be the general thanksgiving, trust me Ola, you don’t want to miss it.” Of course I want to miss it, what did I need special prayers for when I could read, who even told him I was interested in anything related to churches or campus fellowships.
“Oh yeah, what fellowship is that?” I asked, surprising myself.
“MFMCF, where do you fellowship.”
“Uh, I don’t have a particular place of worship, here and there, anywhere.” I wouldn’t classify that as a lie because it wasn’t, I just hadn’t revealed that I didn’t attend services regularly (I’ve only been to a church twice since I resumed Uni).
“Ehehn, I thought you were attending RCF of WCF o.” I was confused, what did those abbreviations even mean.
“Nah, I love to explore.”
“Hmmm. While it’s good to explore, it would be nice to belong to a fellowship, somewhere people can associate you with, not that you’re in CACSA today, RCF tomorrow and all that. I’m not saying you should compulsorily join the work force o but at least just be stable in one place and you’ll find that you enjoy the services as they go by.” I felt like breaking something, how did we get here from talking about exams.
“The evangelist, I hail o…” One of the other three boys in the said. “… he’s just using style ni o, at the end, he will say you should join MFM, that their boring church.”
“No o, can you compare MFM to CACSA? I won’t take that from you.” An argument ensued and I took pleasure in watching them. When it was almost five, I announced that I was leaving and Jesufemi saw me to the hostel gate. I decided to wait for Peter in his own hostel.
After waiting in his room for about thirty minutes, he finally came in.
“Finally, you’re back.” I said and rose to give him a hug.
“I didn’t expect to see you here.” He said, smiling. His roommate had kept me company all the while.
“Afeez has done a good job of entertaining me though, you should thank him.” I whispered the latter.
“Since, she’s been waiting for you, ordinary exam since morning.” Peter wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to himself.
“I’m sorry babe, I was waiting for some of my guys.” I locked my fingers behind his neck and smiled
“You’re forgiven, you know I can’t stay angry with you.”
“Em, let me excuse you guys, I’ll be downstairs with Osas.” Afeez said and left the room. Peter released me and pulled me to the bed with him and we both sat.
“So what do you have planned for tonight?” I asked
“Nothing much, seeing your pretty face is enough for me and then we could go to a club, if you’re feeling up to it though.”
“I’ve not been to a club for over a month now, we could go tonight.” I replied.
“Great, but first, we need to eat, it’s not a so-good idea to drink on an empty stomach.” He said and pulled my nose playfully. Peter was such a smooth operator, I loved him more and more every day, it was a miracle that I hadn’t kissed him yet. He stood and took off his clothes. I smiled to myself as I watched him UnCloth to his boxers, he had nice biceps and strong arms.
“You look yummy.” I said.
“I think we should have dinner earlier before someone turns into a vampire.” He said as he wrapped his towel round his wait and picked a bucket and I laughed.
“That sounds like a good idea.” I replied and he smiled out of the room. As I watched him leave, I imagined how my first sex would be like, most likely with Peter and I smiled. I’d never felt like this ever and I was loving it, loving Peter.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by holufunmie(f): 12:42pm On May 16, 2017
bae ur head dey dere,,u too much,,nice one sis
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 2:21pm On May 16, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION...

He came back to the room ten minutes later and changed into a hooded blue flannel shirt and sand-brown khaki shorts then propped himself on one elbow beside me on the bed.
“So where do you want to eat?”
“Anywhere you take me prince charming.”
“Hmmm. Let me see, has any of your boyfriends taken you to that new suya bar?” he asked.
“Nope, I guess they haven’t been as thoughtful as you are.”
“I see, I’ve been there once, you’re in for a treat.”
“People of the world, that bar opened like two weeks ago and you’ve already been there, I guess your exams have been quite easy.” I laughed.
“My dear, I cannot come and go and die because of exam, you only live once.”
“Touché.” He stood and pulled me up with him.
“Oya, wear your shoe, let’s bounce.” He said and he also went ahead to put on his blue vans. When were done, we walked hand in hand out of the hostel to the school gate then we boarded one bike to the suya bar. I felt my life was getting better, I had never felt so in control of my life like the way I felt now, I had forgotten all about the dream and of course, Dunsin’s attitude was the least of my worries. My greatest joy was that I didn’t depend on the girls to have fun, whenever there was a party, they always invited me but then I also had a personal life just like they did and I didn’t have to tag along with Dara or anyone else, this is the life, I thought to myself. At the bar, there were just a small number of people owing to the fact that it was just quarter past six and most people would prefer to unwind later in the evening.
We sat at a table for two then a bartender approached us to take our order, I ordered a banana smoothie while Peter had a mint flavoured chapman. We made small talk as we sipped our drinks because the suya didn’t start selling until seven PM.
“When I first came here, it was filled with lecturers.”
“Hmmm. Looks like a place for them to hang out and drink themselves away.”
“Yeah, it is quite the place.” I nodded and stired my drink with the straw.
“Em, Peter, what kind of girls do you like.” He laughed.
“Why did you ask that?”
“Nothing really, curiousity.”
“Okay, I like smart girls, fun girls, pretty girls, girls that understand me.”
“Okay, I think you forgot to mention girls with large behinds and boobs too like the one you were eyeing the other day.” he laughed and leaned back in his chair.
“You remember that. Well her ass was something but that’s not what I look out for in a lady.”
“Hmmm, I hear you.”
“You don’t believe me?” I smiled at him.
“Let your conscience do the judging.”
“Whatever, finish up, let’s go for a walk, seven o’clock is taking forever to be here.”
“Okay.” I sipped a little more of my smoothie and stood. We just walked round for a bit and went back to the bar a few minutes past seven. The suya guy was already at his stand making preparations and music was already being played in the background, the bar had more people now and our previous seat had been occupied by another couple. We sat at the bar and Peter ordered another chapman while I had water instead. We gisted about random things for twenty minutes then Peter went to pay for our suya. The meat was wow, I never tasted suya like that before, and it had a nice taste that kept you yearning for more. After eating, we stayed on for a bit then went to one of Peter’s friends’ house.
The house was a room and parlour self-contain and it was wow. The sitting room was really nice and if given the space, the guy would have added more. There was a black leather couch, light green window blinds and a green carpet, a thirty-two inch LCD TV, a deck and a wooden bookshelf. It was better than Cash’s apartment.
“You have a nice little haven.” I commented as I sat.
“Thanks.” He said. I got to my feet again and stretched my hand towards him.
“Hi, I’m Ola, Peter’s friend.” He shook my hand and smiled.
“Obi, Peter’s friend too.”
“Nice meeting you.”
“Same here.” He said and released my hand.
“I would have introduced you guys if you’d been patient.” Peter said.
“You were not fast enough.” Obi replied him.
“So you’re coming to the club with us?” Peter asked.
“Before nko, my babe is coming too.”
“Hmmm. The Obi, which of the babes is it o.”
“Chei, you sha want to spoil my rep in front of this fine girl…” he said and faced me.
“… Ignore him o, I don’t know what he’s talking about.” I smiled
“I understand.”
“So what would you like jare, Peter can find his way.”
“Thanks but I’m good, we just ate a generous portion of suya.”
“Ehehn, so Peter has started side shows.”
“Yeah, learn from the master, na that suya place wey just open we go jare.” Peter said. We talked to while away time, Obi’s girlfriend came an hour later and by eleven PM, we were on our way to the club. I had so much fun at the club, we had even entered a tequila contest, I downed five shots in ten minutes, I knew I’d have a hangover later on but I didn’t care, afterall, I hadn’t drank alcohol in a while. The night ended and we all thought it wise to crash at Obi’s, with the boys sleeping in the sitting room and the girls in the room, thank God the next day was a Sunday, I could sleep all I want and wake up whenever I felt like.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Missmossy(f): 4:49pm On May 16, 2017
Interesting keep it coming cheesy
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 10:59am On May 17, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION...

I didn’t wake up until noon, the other girl was awake too while the boys were still asleep.
“Hi” I said to the girl who was getting ready to leave.
“How far, the boys are still asleep.” She said.
“Yeah, why are you leaving this early.”
“Auntie, check your time, it is past twelve already and besides I have an appointment, please tell Obi I’ve left.”
“You didn’t have to be rude and why should I be the one to inform Obi, aren’t going through the sitting room?” I said and she hissed. I watched her leave the room and then I heard the back door open and then close, it wasn’t my business because I didn’t know the arrangement she had with Obi but she didn’t have to be rude and I wondered why she was sneaking out. I got up and locked the door, then stood at a corner contemplating whether or not to stay awhile or go back to the hostel. I decided to wash my face, I needed food, alcohol just didn’t work well for me, I felt like I always had the worst hangovers, my head was still banging after sleeping for about six hours. I sighed and went to the bathroom, thankful that the room was en-suite. After washing my face, I sat on the bed, reminiscing, how did I become like this, so care-free and free-spirited, I was never like this, back in secondary school, I was the quiet, mind-your-business, don’t-annoy-me-or else-you’ll-be-sorry type of girl. I never answered questions in class except I was called upon, this was Amaka’s lifestyle, the life of every party, the cute, sassy fashionista, and every boy’s fantasy and now I was living the life. I laughed and hugged myself; it felt so good to be this new me, this me was so in control, commanded respect and even without the physical ‘assets’, she had quite a number of boys following her. I heard a knock followed by a grunt. I sprang to my feet and unlocked the door, it was Peter.
“Hey beautiful”
“Hey you” he pushed past me and went to the bathroom, when he was done, he joined me on the bed.
“Did you sleep well?”
“Yeah, pretty much, my head still hurts but I’m not so dizzy.”
“Hmmm. Where’s the other girl?” he asked after looking round.
“I have no idea, she mumbled something about having an appointment and asked me, rudely though, to tell Obi she left.” Peter laughed and his dimples deepened.
“I’ve warned Obi about this girl but he just won’t listen, the babe na runs girl.”
“Not my business though but if she’s rude next time, I’ll give her a piece of my mind.” I said and stood.
“What’s up”
“Nothing, I need to get back to the hostel, I need to change clothes and eat too.”
“You can do that here now.”
“And change into your clothes? Thanks but I’ll pass.” I brushed my lips on his temple and left the room with him following closely behind, Obi was still sound asleep on the floor, he didn’t even stir while we made fun of him. Peter followed me to the junction and didn’t leave until I’d boarded a bike to the school gate. When I got to the hostel, I went straight to Tayo’s room, had my bath and changed clothes (I have some of my stuff there) and had a nice cup of hot chocolate, just what I needed, and then I slept after making Tayo promise that she’d wake me when lunch was served.

“So have you had sex yet?” Amaka asked when I was done summarizing my semester to her.
“Hell no, have you?”
“Well, yes, just twice.” I covered my mouth to keep from screaming.
“Shoot me, twice and it’s ‘just’”
“Yeah, the first was a mistake but the second was planned in my head.” She said.
“Whatever dude, I just hope you were wise enough to use protection.”
“Of course, I’m not ready for babies, neither am I ready for an STD.”
“Whatever”
“You don’t have to be so dramatic about it, it’s just sex, you should try it with that Peter boy, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.”
“Shut up joor.” I said and threw a pillow at her and she laughed.
“I will but who knows, my next victim might just be Ayo.”
“Madam, use your head most especially the brain in it, my brother is taken.”
“Whatever” she replied and stood and walked to the window. She had arrived Lagos the day before, I had ten more days out of my three-week holiday. The holiday had been really boring, mum had been around for only two days, dad was not even in Africa, Ayo had been coming but had barely stayed for more than an hour, Mayokun and her sister had been invited to their step mother’s house and had been there for two weeks now. Even Dele was not in Lagos, I had literally begged Amaka to come to around and she had been hell bent on making me regret that decision.
“How long will it take your silly driver to get chicken and chips?” Amaka blurted after staring out the window for some time.
“Mind your language and who said you could send him on errands like that. If you want chicken and chips and are too lazy to make it in the kitchen, nothing stops you from walking down to the restaurant to buy it.” She rolled her eyes at me, folded her arms across her chest and shrugged her shoulders.
“That’s why he’s a driver, I don’t have to walk anywhwere.”
“I believe the word ‘driver’ has a different meaning from ‘errand boy’” I replied disgusted.
“Whatever, you guys place too much importance on your employees.” She hissed.
“It’s called respect my dear and we accord them due respect because they are older.”
“Please, spare me that rubbish. You know what, I really don’t care, I now I’m beginning to think I made a mistake by coming here.” I laughed. I know Amaka too well, she wanted me to apologise without necessarily spelling it out.
“Old story dear, that stunt doesn’t work no more, you need to come up with something better.” I replied, she hissed and walked out of the room. I stretched myself fully on the bed and closed my eyes. Peter and I had met once and it had been fun, I wonder why it is taking him forever to ask me out though. I really anticipated resumption, the girls had a list of fun things lined up and I was not missing anyone for anything in the world. I really don’t know when I drifted asleep but I know Olamide came to wake me when lunch was ready.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by IZEGOLD(f): 11:41am On May 17, 2017
Keep it up dear. God bless your knowledge
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 3:15pm On May 17, 2017
****IRETI****

Peter and I had been texting eachother all morning, ridiculous things though, he’d been telling me about his holiday and how he had been wasted from all the fun things he’d done; he and a couple of his guys had gone on a road trip and had driven to Abuja, stopping by every fun spot they saw and had turned right back the moment they were done taking pictures on the famous Zuma rock. I also told him about my boring holiday with Amaka. I had been in school for only two days now and it felt like forever, the school was basically devoid of students, the hostels were worse, all that the porters ever did was resume in the morning, laze around, and probably watch TV when there was light.
“Hugh!” I exclaimed and flattened my tiny frame on my bed as Peter sent his goodnight text. I stood and walked to the balcony, the empty hostel was driving me crazy, I could count the number of students that have resumed on one hand and that was so annoying, I was not used to the hostel being this quiet, even Tomisin that always resumed before anybody had not resumed still. There was a girl filing her toe nails on the corridor, I knew her but not her name because I never really talked to people in the hostel. I walked up to her to see if I could talk, it was eight PM, there was light but everywhere was damn boring, you might be thinking why I didn’t go to the common room but that was a no-no, the DSTV subscription had expired three weeks before our exams last semester and they still had not paid ten weeks after.
“Hi” I said when I got close enough. She gave me a look of disdain and continued filing her nails.
“Good evening.” She replied without looking at me and I scoffed, I was only trying to be nice.
“Yo! Lady, being rude is not necessary; I guess I made a mistake by coming here.” I hissed and turned to leave when she spoke.
“Sorry o, I didn’t mean to be rude but I just don’t associate myself with prostitutes pretending to be students.” Oh no, she asked for it, not that I can fight but this chick is definitely not going scot free.
“Em, what did you say?”
“You heard me” she said and stood up to me, don’t blame though, it was reflex, I slapped twice in quick succession with both hands. She reeled backwards, I didn’t give her time to recover before I charged at her again and pulled at her hair, I don’t know where the strength came from but I was ready to fight this girl tooth and nail if it came to that, she tried fruitlessly to push me but I wasn’t giving up so easily, somehow, I managed to push her to the ground, she clawed at my face, her long artificial nails scratching the delicate skin but that didn’t matter now, I wasn’t satisfied. I sat on her belly and gave her fierce blow on the chest before I stood, I was breathing heavily. Suddenly, she pulled my left leg, I was quick to hold on to the railings, I tried to shake my leg free but the hold was strong, she managed to get up and bite my arm, I kicked aimlessly due to the pain and realised I’d given her a knee jab in the stomach, she let go and I pushed her with all the strength I had left. My breathing was now very heavy, I looked at her on the ground as she clutched her stomach, crying.
“Never in your life call me a prostitute.” I walked away briskly. My breathing was now laboured, I was in big trouble, I needed to find my inhaler and fast too, as the asthma was setting in. I let myself into the room and locked the door, what was I thinking? Getting into a fight like that when I knew my condition, I felt a stabbing pain steadily rise in my chest. GOD! Where was the damn inhaler, I hadn’t used it in a while but I was sure I had one somewhere, I turned my backpack inside out but it wasn’t there, I checked the table then my bookshelf and wasn’t there too, my chest had started to constrict, I was losing air and strength, if I didn’t find the inhaler soon, I could die. Finally, I checked my suitcase and found it in a side zip. I pumped the gas into my airways rapidly until I felt myself calm down. I retrieved a bottle of water (I never drank tap water, I always had bottled water), and drank a little then emptied the rest on my head. I was relieved. I heard a tiny voice say ‘I came through for you’ and looked around before I concluded that I was just hallucinating. Damn those doctors and the fake drugs they gave to me, the asthma shouldn’t be there anymore and I hadn’t even had an attack for so long.
When I was calmer, I called Ayo and told him what had happened since he was somewhere around my school and he’d promised to be in my hostel the next morning so we could go see a doctor. I fell asleep on the cold floor, I need the temperature to calm my nerves and clear my head too. Next morning by seven AM, Ayo was at the door, I brushed my teeth and changed clothes then we were off to the University College Hospital. As expected, the doctors blamed me for not taking my medication regularly and also placed me on fresh medication which included using my inhaler as often as thrice daily, that was disgusting and of course I’d argued with the doctor while Ayo just watched. The doctor had succeeded in persuading me to do a routine check-up and then he’d decide when I could stop using the inhaler frequently, it sounded like a good idea to me. Finally we were done and ready to leave, Ayo and I exchanged numbers with the doctor and then he saw us out of his office.
“Thank you so much.” Ayo said as he shook the doctor’s hand in his usual business-like manner and the doctor nodded his acknowledgement
“Thank you but I must say you have a nice way of persuading your patients.” I said as I shook his hand too and he smiled.
“Let’s just say I was made for the job.” I laughed.
“Made for the job abi, touche.” I replied and we all laughed.
“We have to be on our way now, I still have a lot of errands to run today, thanks once again.” Ayo said and we left the hospital. When we arrived the hostel, I met three girls standing in front of my room.

TBC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Missmossy(f): 3:24pm On May 17, 2017
Someone is in trouble grin keep it coming.
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 10:05am On May 18, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION...

“Yes, how can I help you?” I asked when I was close enough, I wasn’t afraid of them, Ayo was right behind me, why would I fear.
“Eh, she even get mind to carry boy come hostel.” One of the girls said.
“I beg your pardon, do you girls have a problem with my sister?” Ayo asked, emphasising the word sister.
“Ku orire o, Mr brother.” Another replied and they all laughed.
“Ireti, can you explain what is happening here?” Ayo asked me
“I have no idea, I guess they’re just bored…” I replied then turned to face the girls
“… Darlings, you are in my way, I need to go inside my room.” I said and made to push past them when the first girl that had spoken pushed me back.
“Ogbeni wa, do we look like jokers to you? I go slap you now, you brain go reset.” She said, I don’t know if she had any other thing to say but I did the first thing that came to my mind, I slapped her. Ayo stood between us in two strides and pushed me back.
“Ladies, I am sorry for her behaviour and I promise she won’t act in this manner again.” Ayo pleaded but the girl was having none of it, she shoved past Ayo and charged at me, I was ready too, thank God I don’t have hair, I pulled her weave and shook her head with it, she screamed. Ayo pulled us apart and apologised to the girls again and they left, promising to be back, I wonder why the other two couldn’t rescue their friend. I hissed and unlocked the door and entered. I sat heavily on the bed, fuming, and watched Ayo pace up and down the room.
“I am disappointed in you, I mean very disappointed Ireti.”
“Don’t call me that.”
“And what if I do? You’ll beat like you just did that girl or what?”
“She insulted me, were you deaf when she threatened to slap me?”
“I will bring that threat to life if you disrespect me one more time.” He said, pointing a finger at me. I mumbled an apology.
“Now, young lady, get up, pick whatever is necessary because you’re going back to Lagos with me tomorrow.” He said and I threw my arms in the air.
“You can’t do that…” I protested. “… okay, I won’t fight again, I promise.” I begged.
“Damn right you won’t, just get up and don’t delay me, I have a meeting in an hour and I don’t want to be late.”
“Your mind is made up?” I asked with pleading eyes not because I was sorry but because I wanted those girls to see the stuff I’m made of (just to shakara them since I can boast of beating two of them already).
“Ireti, please don’t get me angrier than I already am, just pack a change of clothes and let’s leave, you have ten minutes.”
“At least, let me have my bath.” I said, he gave me ‘the look’ and I knew better than to argue. I packed my backpack with my toothbrush, change of clothes for two days, my flip flops, underwear and other things I thought were necessary. When I was done, Ayo led the way to his car without saying a word to me; the drive to his hotel was also silent. He showed me to his room, changed into a blue business suit and left the room again. I sighed out of frustration and went to have my bath before I changed into a white sleeveless top and a pair of jeans then went down to the hotels’ restaurant for breakfast. While eating, a young man wearing a pink shirt, wine tie and black trousers with his shirt sleeves rolled just below his elbow, walked up to me.
“May I join you…” he asked and I gave him a questioning look. “… Well the dining hall is quite full.” He said. I looked about me to confirm before nodding my approval for him to sit.
“Thank you and I’m really sorry to infringe on your privacy.” He apologised then dropped his breakfast tray and sat opposite me. I concentrated more on my phone than on the food, I was just frustrated and Instagram was the only consolation I had. The guy hissed and loosened his tie, his face was creased in a frown and he was staring intently at his phone.
“There a problem?” I asked out of politeness, he looked up and nodded, not that I cared anyway. I took a bite of my already cold toast and chewed slowly. Tomisin was resuming the next day so I sent her an SMS informing her that I left out of boredom then she had also delayed her resumption on the grounds that she couldn’t stay alone since the hostel was practically empty. The guy sharing my table cleared his throat and I looked at him.
“Uh, this awkward and I’m sorry to have put you in this situation…” he said while scratching his head like a child who had been caught and was now contemplating whether or not he should tell the truth.
“… Okay, do you know this place?” He asked and gave me his phone to read the address. I nodded and gave him directions to the best of my ability and continued with my food, my tea was already cold, the toast was even worse, I tasted and felt like a stone so I gave up trying and just surfed the internet instead.
“Thanks for your help, I’m Kayode by the way.” I looked up irritated, would this guy let me have some space?
“Ola” I replied simply.
“Nice meeting you though, you a student?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.
“Yes”
“I’m sorry to be bothering you though; I have to be on my way now, thanks again.” He said and made to stand; I leaned back in my seat and smiled.
“You’re welcome uh…”
“Kayode” he supplied.
“Yeah, right, Kayode. So what do you do?”
“I am an engineer, civil engineer and what do you study?”
“Science, computer science”
“Nice, that is a very good course indeed, with the world becoming a set of codes itself, you sure have made the right choice.”
“Yes, indeed, I have, thank you.”
“You’re welcome Ola, good to know you though; I really have to go now, I guess I’ll see you around.”
“Maybe, the university campus is a small place, we just might bump into eachother some other time.”
“Quite plausible, we’ll see about that.” He said and left the restaurant, my eyes followed out the door and I smiled. ‘Quite handsome and young too’ I thought. He couldn’t be more then twenty-three, just like my brother. ‘Just one of those random people you meet once and never again’ I concluded and went back to our hotel room.

TBC

1 Like

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 2:57pm On May 18, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION...

My phone ringtone woke me about three hours later, it was Ayo. I ignored the call and went to open the door instead and met him leaning on the doorframe.
“You did this on purpose abi, I’ve been here for over five minutes, knocking and calling and you didn’t respond to any of the two.” I shrugged my shoulders indifferently; I still hated him for using veto power on me.
“I was sleeping.” I said and went back to the bed, I am very sure he shook his head. He came in and began undressing.
“Use the bathroom, I don’t need to see all you have.” He laughed.
“If you don’t want to see anything then use the bathroom yourself”
“You are pathetic dear brother.” He laughed again.
“And you are annoying little sister.” I hissed.
“Had lunch yet?”
“Nope and please don’t invite me to eat with you because I won’t.”
“Fine, suit yourself.” He said and went to have his bath then changed before he left the room. I sat up in bed and looked round the room, taking everything in for the first time, not only was their food bad, the arrangement was ‘badder’ (if there’s a word like that though), what I mean is that it wasn’t worse but just somewhere in between bad and worse. There was a TV set hung on the wall opposite the bed and just in between the main and bathroom doors, I just hated the place, I made up my mind not to have lunch until Ayo came up, I didn’t want to bump into him. I checked my phone battery, it was thirty percent and I hissed; I turned my bag inside out but the charger was not there.
“Oh God, see what this boy has caused now.” I said aloud then I checked his own bag and found his charger. I made a mental note not to return it till he bought a new one for me. I plugged my phone in one of the three wall sockets in the room (the only working one though), and switched on the TV, the white noise pissed me off and I quickly put it in AV. To my greatest surprise, only the free DSTV stations were available.
“Shoot me.” I said to myself and hissed. This was the height of it, a death sentence, Ayo must have done this on purpose, I put the TV off and smacked myself; I didn’t take my laptop from the hostel, I had left it charging in the morning. I hissed again and went to take Ayo’s laptop, thankfully, he hadn’t changed the password. Ayo was quite the movie lover and I wasn’t disappointed when I saw the number of movies to choose from. I selected a horror movie, plugged in the charger then connected my phone to the PC with his USB cord and then settled down to watch the approximately two-hour movie.
An hour into the movie, Ayo came in, he was on the phone with his girlfriend and he was grinning from ear to ear. He lay on the bed with his leg still on the ground; when he was done, he moved up the bed to sit beside me.
“What are you watching?” he asked and I pointed to the PC screen where the movie title was displayed.
“Wait a minute; this is my laptop now, what happened to yours?” I paused the movie.
“Ayo, you made me forget my system when you were rushing me out of the hostel so you shouldn’t complain now o.”
“Madam, that laptop is for work so I handle it with care and you need my permission before you can touch it.”
“Sorry o Mr Exception handler.” I hissed.
“Wait, did you just go all computer scienceish on me?”
“Ayo, why are you like this now, it’s bad enough that you forced me to suffer with you in this hell-hole now you won’t even let me enjoy a movie.” I said and he laughed.
“Live with it my dear but I need to work now so may I have my system back and you’re even using my charger.”
“Take the laptop but this charger ehn, God forbids I give it to you because you made me forget my charger too.” I stood and shoved the USB cord in my trouser pocket, wore my flip flops and went in the direction of the door.
“Well, it’s not my fault that your brain failed when I asked you to pack what is necessary.” Ayo said and smiled without looking at me, there was nothing nearby to throw at him so I threw one leg of the flip-flops instead and he laughed louder because I missed him. I hissed and picked my weapon then left the room and locked it behind me then I kept the key with me, ‘He will smell pepper today’ I said to myself and smiled a satisfied smile. As annoying has Ayo was, there was still nothing compared to the bond of siblings, we fought, made up, fought again but that didn’t mean we didn’t have each other’s backs when the need arose. I went down to the restaurant, I had no choice, I had never been in this part of town so I didn’t know anywhere around. I sat at a table and a waiter came to take my order, when I asked for a menu, he just reeled off what they had offhand and I smiled. I ordered a plate of jollof rice with salad with a glass of orange juice; when I tasted the food, I felt like I’d wasted money because judging from the taste and presentation of the food, the food was overpriced.
My plate had just been cleared when I felt a light tap on my shoulders and I smiled.
“Look who we have here…” I said and gestured for Kayode to join me.
“… Are you stalking me or what?”
“Not at all, let’s just say it is fate.”
“Hmmm, I see, are you lodged here?”
“Yeah, I’m here for business, I’ll be checking out by Friday though, how about you?”

TBC

2 Likes

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Toyin223(f): 4:43pm On May 18, 2017
Well Done
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Dopeyomi(m): 5:21pm On May 18, 2017
Nice..
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 10:36am On May 19, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION...

“My brother made me come here because I had not been on my best behaviour in school; we leave for Lagos tomorrow though.”
“I see, were you in a fight?”
“Yeah, sort of, don’t blame me o, those girls pushed me to the wall.” He smiled
“Your brother is just looking out for you, you could have hurt yourself, and I’d most likely do the same if I had a baby sister too.”
“Yeah, whatever, older brothers and their love for power, I just don’t understand.” I said and he smiled.
“You don’t have to, it’s a boy thing…” he said and I scoffed
“… So, how do see this hotel?” he asked.
“Why are you asking? Are you the manager or what?”
“No, not at all, I just want to know if you also find it hellish.” I laughed and he did too.
“Tell me what I don’t know, the food is wack, the DSTV is not working, it’s bad enough that there are only three sockets in my room but only one is working.” I lamented and he laughed.
“Same here, but all three of the sockets in my room are working though.”
“Mehn, it’s just insane, how many stars do they even rate them?”
“This shouldn’t be more than a two star hotel.”
“Abi half star sef”
“Ahahn, give them hope now.”
“Whatever, it is a miracle that I could even eat more than half of my lunch, the food is that bad.”
“I noticed, I’ve been eating out since I first tasted their meal.” I rolled my eyes.
“Liar, you had breakfast here this morning now.”
“You call that breakfast? I’m a hundred percent sure you couldn’t eat that burnt bread they served as toast.” I laughed, the chit-chat continued for about thirty more minutes, then Kayode excused himself on the basis of getting prepared for a send-off dinner party organized for one of his colleagues who was relocating to Ghana, we exchanged numbers and he promised to check on me whenever he was in town again. I stayed on in the restaurant for another fifteen minutes then went back to the room, to my disappointment, Ayo had not even lifted a muscle from his sitting position, I felt cheated, I’d hoped he’d have a reason to leave the room then call me, rather beg me to open the door but none of that had happened. I took off my clothes and wore my shorts, Ayo complained about me wearing only a bra and shorts and exposing my ‘flat breast’. Before we slept, he announced that we were leaving after his ten AM meeting the next day which meant checking out of the hotel at eight-fifteen and waiting for him while he was at his boring meeting and then enduring a terribly long drive to Lagos, this was the height of wickedness and savagery I had ever experienced, I never thought Ayo could be this callous and as expected though, I protested but in his usual ‘big brother’ manner of addressing me, he reminded me of his possession of veto power and with his signatory look, I kept quiet and the best I could do after that was grumble and murmur till I fell asleep.

“Would you please release me, you’ve done enough now, it’s bad enough that you made me go through that hell you call a hotel and made me wait for three hours in the car without the air conditioning…” I fell on my knees and locked the fingers of both hands together in mock plea “… Ayo please, I’m begging you in the name of mummy and daddy and Olamide and even Temi, please let me go back to school this weekend, I’ve learnt my lesson and I will never ever ever in my life think of fighting let alone do the real deal.” I said, meanwhile, Temi and Ayo were laughing as they were snuggled together in the three-seater couch.
“Ayomi, just let her go now, I’m very sure she’s learnt her lesson.” Temi pleaded on my behalf.
“Madam advocate, continue now, always pleading not guilty, you chose the wrong profession though, you were born to be a lawyer.” Ayo said as he huddled Temi closer to himself.
“Ayo, don’t change the subject now, we’re talking about my going back to school.”
“How long have you been here gan that you’re complaining, just eight days and…”
“Ayo, eight days of hell, if being grounded, you lock me in and go to work.”
“You don’t mean it, Ayo why would you do that?” temi asked as she sat up to look him in the face.
“Wait, is this a conspiracy of some sort? Did you both plan this? You guys want to back me into a corner abi, your plan won’t work.” Ayo said and put his feet on the centre table, picked the TV and started going through stations. I stood and sulked back to my room. I was really tired of staying with Ayo, he had been so mean lately and I was wondering why he had to go to the extreme just to prove a freaking point. I sat on my bed and cried quietly, I just let the tears fall. Temi came in a while later and consoled me, she told me Ayo was only trying to be disciplined and that he had agreed for me to go back to school and I thanked her. During dinner, I ignored Ayo but he came to my room later and apologised for locking me in but said he didn’t know any other way to punish him and he also made me promise not to fight (the promise was half-hearted sha, I had already told Dara and Vivian what had happened and they were waiting for me to resume before they took any action). I slept that night with thoughts of how to be feared in the hostel and generally on campus filled my head, I was sure my girls would make those girls regret coming to confront me, their stupid coward of a friend didn’t even come with them ‘bloody fools’ I thought as I drifted to dream land with the hope of seeing Mr Cute and telling him about the recent happenings even though he might know already, I just wanted to say it with my own mouth and see the expression on his face.

TBC

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi guys, this is to inform you that i will be offline for a few days because I lost a close relation of mine last night and I need to be actively on ground.
Thanks for your understanding. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by MhizDherbee(f): 10:36pm On May 19, 2017
Awwwwn. So sorry bouh dat Ayomi... Take as much time as you need OK Plus takia of yourself too...
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Dopeyomi(m): 11:38pm On May 19, 2017
Sorry about the loss tHo.. the Lord is ur strength..
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by lanjum(f): 7:09am On May 20, 2017
Sorry for your loss. The Lord will strengthen you.
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by bummybummy(f): 5:17pm On May 20, 2017
sorry for ur loss
Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Ayoomodaddy(f): 5:28pm On May 23, 2017
****IRETI****

CONTINUATION...

I was disappointed the next day when I woke up and realized I hadn’t even dreamt of anything let alone see Mr cute as I had expected. I rolled out of bed and straight to the kitchen where I met Temi preparing breakfast, she was my idea of ‘wife material’, whenever she came around, she always cooked and cleaned, Ayo was blessed to have her. She smiled a greeting and I hugged her from behind.
“Thanks for talking to that stubborn brother of mine.”
“No biggie, anybody could have done it.” She was frying eggs and had garnished it with diced tomatoes and pepper, spring onions, green pepper and sardines; just the way Ayo loved his scrambled eggs. I inhaled the aroma deeply and she laughed.
“Stop exaggerating, I’m very sure it’s the sardine that has that aroma.”
“Stop being modest, I’ve eaten your meal twice and it was superb, you know you’re a great cook.” I said and she smiled again. I moved back and sat on the deep freezer while I studied her. She had nicely shaped buttocks that looked so good in the denim bum short she wore, her breasts were also sizeable, she always wore a smile and was likeable. I watched as she served Ayo’s breakfast and then packed his lunch. Ayo came in fully dressed in a black business suit, a white clerical collar shirt, black belt and shoes to match. He went over to Temi’s side and kissed her.
“Morning babe.” He said and she replied. I stood and only made it to the kitchen door when Ayo’s accusation stopped me in my tracks.
“Where are your manners Ireti, not even a word of greeting.” I scoffed; I just did not understand why Ayo was being so mean, what is the big deal about greeting?
“Sorry, it skipped my mind. Good morning.” I said and walked out of the kitchen, I heard Temi scold Ayo for the way he had spoken to me. In my mind, Ayo was the least of my worries, I had so many things to do, so much activity to catch up on this semester and I wouldn’t let Ayo ruin it. I checked the time on the wall clock in my room, it was just seven AM. I went straight to the bathroom and turned the heater on, brushed my teeth then step under the shower. I made sure the hot water ran out before I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my lean body; school life had not made things easy for me. I slumped on the bed and looked round the room, my prison for the past nine days. If I had gone home, it would have been better than staying in Ayo’s three bedroom-flat (he had the option of staying in one of the flats dad owned in Aja but he had decided to pay his own rent). I heard the front door open and close shortly after and I realized I had been holding my breath, thank God Ayo had gone to work. I dressed and went to the kitchen; Temi had covered my food with a cling film and had placed it neatly on the kitchen slab, I picked it and went to the living room, settled in the couch and began eating. A while later, Temi came to join me in a lose fitting gown and breakfast in hand.
“I’m sorry Ayo spoke to you that way.” She said.
“It’s fine, afterall, he’s my big brother, you don’t have to keep apologising for his stupidity.” I said, looking straight at her.
“Wow! Slow down lady, you also need to work on your respect for him, the fact that you call him by name is no excuse for disrespect, before education, culture comes first and we are Yoruba and we take respect for elders seriously.” I smiled and nodded in partial agreement, she sounded just like aunt Yetunde, I remembered that I missed Mayokun’s call and made a mental note to call her back after breakfast. Temi was still a job seeker but the girl was already a fashion designer and makeup artist, her parents were not all that rich but she was doing something for herself, she told me she had a wedding makeup to do on Saturday and asked if I’d like to go with her and I said yes, but I desperately hoped that Ayo would call and let me go back to school today, the worst he could do was to make me take public transport. After eating and watching TV for a while, I called Mayokun and she informed me that she’d gone straight to school and was expecting me during the weekend, I had told her Ayo was punishing me but I’d left out the reason.
Saturday was lit, Temi had done a splendid job on the bride and her girls, I loved it so much and I’d taken so many pictures with the bride and posted them all over my social media pages; funny thing was after all the work, Temi didn’t even wear any makeup, not even powder, she had done makeup and gele too and I was so in love with that Saturday look that I just didn’t want to take if off. It was time to go back to school, did I tell you that Ayo didn’t take me back to the hostel to pick my laptop and phone charger? Yeah, I thought as much. I packed my back pack and sat quietly at the back seat of Ayo’s SUV while Temi sat at the front passenger seat; Ayo wanted to take me to the bus park and when he was sure I was safe, he would then drop Temi at home. I sat myself comfortably in one of the front passenger seats of the air conditioned Toyota Hiace bus, Ayo and Temi didn’t leave until the bus had left the park at Ojota. The ride was enjoyable, being my first time of travelling in public transport, I made two videos and when the man sitting next to me had asked, I explained my excitement in full details. When I got to school, both of my roommaates had resumed and were already expecting me. Luckily for me, my laptop had not exploded because Dunsin had resumed the next evening after I left the hostel and she had been kind enough to unplug it for me. I ate and slept, I was really tired from the journey, nothing felt like travelling in a private car even though the bus was air sonditioned, I still felt uncomfortable sitting with thirteen other people; all of whom were total strangers.

“Do you know the girls’ name?” Turner asked
“I don’t even know o, I was just trying to make new friends o and the bitch just snapped.” Turner put both hands on her head.
“Yeh! Ola you no resemble me at all, if na me, I go comot blood for her body.” She said.
“Turner the great, the great Turner, fighter of the universe, I salute you ma, wehdone ma, ride on.” Dara added and Turner hissed. It was no news that Turner had the sharpest mouth of the seven of us and she was the no-nonsense type who would have slapped you twice before you even completed your sentence just because she thought you wanted to insult her.
“Turner, go siddon for one place jare.” Vivian scolded.
“You…” Onome said, pointing at me. “… When you now finished fighting, what good came out of it, you’re lucky those hostel porters didn’t catch you, you could have been expelled from the hostel, I’m not saying you shouldn’t defend yourself but there are better ways to go about it.” She concluded and we all hissed, what did she mean by ‘better ways’. We gisted for another thirty minutes before we all went to our different hostels. Dara and I were meeting a couple of young lecturers that night so we went to her hostel to change. Don’t get me wrong, meeting with lecturers doesn’t necessarily mean dating them or something, what we wanted to do was simply to have dinner with them and that was all. As soon as we stepped out of the hostel, Cash called me.
“Babe, what’s up?”
“Nothing, I’m good, how are you?”
“I’m good too, you’ve been avoiding me lately.”
“Have I?” I asked sarcastically, Cash was just all shades of wrong for me because he felt money was everything, I was curious about the source of his money though.
“Yes now, you’ve not been chatting with me, you don’t even call me again.” He complained.
“Okay, what happened to your own hand that you couldn’t call or text when I didn’t?” I asked, rapidly losing my patience, Dara was already complaining with her eyes.
“Ola, do you know who you’re talking to or maybe I called at the wrong time?”
“Yes, this is a very wrong time, I’m in the middle of something very important and you’re disturbing.”
“Okay…” he said and sighed. “… Maybe I’ll call back tomorrow, goodnight.” I was about to murmur a goodnight when Dara dragged the phone from me and ended the call.
“Ola, I’ve told you, you need to move up, leave all these students, they cant take care of you, join the winning team my dear.”
“That was rude, I was about to tell him goodnight.”
“And so? Abeg talk better.” She hissed. After waiting for about five minutes, a Mercedes Benz G-wagon pulled up in front of us and Dara whispered that it was our ride, we hopped in and were driven to a night bar.

TBC

Thanks for your patience and understanding guys, another update coming through tomorrow. grin
Ayomide loves you kiss

1 Like

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by Toyin223(f): 7:09pm On May 23, 2017
Welcome Back

1 Like

Re: IRETI (A Short Story Of Hope) by MhizDherbee(f): 11:03pm On May 23, 2017
Welcome back dear.... I love you too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Engaged To A Heartless CEO / Opinion: Why Poetry Is Important, And Could Be More Important Than Science / Google Celebrates Nigerian Author - Flora Nwapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 238
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.