Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff (38695 Views)

Houssam Diab, Lebanese Ambassador Walked Out On Reps / Lai Mohammed's Letter To Fashola On Jonathan's 2013 Visit To Lagos / Fani-Kayode: "Sheriff Is A Thug Who Walked Out On Jonathan, Insulted Governors" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by masterpiece86: 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff, has opened up on the reason he stormed out of a peace meeting of the party convened by ex-president, Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja.
National Chairman of the PDP, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff, yesterday stormed out of a meeting called by former President Goodluck Jonathan to unite the two major factions of the party.

Sheriff arrived at about 3:10 pm when Jonathan had just ended his opening remarks, and sought to preside over the meeting as the party’s authentic chairman.
Sheriff further demanded that he be allowed to make an opening remark but both requests were turned down. It was at this stage that Sheriff walked out with some members of his National Working Committee, NWC.

The former Borno state governor told newsmen that he was shocked at being denied the opportunity to preside over the meeting.

“The party as at today has one national chairman, which is Ali Modu Sheriff. There is no PDP meeting that will take place under any arrangement that I will not make an opening remark as national chairman.

“I think Governor Dickson made a proposal and we have accepted it. Other people have a programme to bring an agenda which is not part of the proposal.
“And as a national chairman of the party, I told you people in my office that I will not be party to anybody using me to do another programme; I will not be.
When asked if he has respect for the former president who convened the meeting, Sheriff said, “I have respected him by flying from abroad to attend the meeting.
“We have a programme, which is initiated by Dickson, anything outside that, I will not be part of it.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/07/walked-jonathan-sheriff/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by rheether(f): 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ali the baba

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Swaycater(m): 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
Over & Out......

12 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by dunkem21(m): 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
You came late after the opening remarks and wanted to preside over the meeting cheesy

Clown undecided

256 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Iamwrath: 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2017
So , why does he feel the need to explain anything to anyone ?

Or maybe he felt that PDP his is personal property and Jonathan is just a barking persona non grata ?

Either way

PDP = Kaput

End of Story

8 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by ipobbigot7: 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
Why are they asking Sheriff if he has respect for that mumu Jonathan, and why can't Jonathan respect the fact that there's only one authentic pdp chairman which is Ali Modu Sheriff?

There can't be two captains in a ship, as long as Ali remains the the chairman of pdp even Jonathan should give him place to preside over any meeting in the name of the party. Not recognizing the leadership of Ali Modu Sheriff is indicative that pdp is a lawless party.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by SooCute(m): 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
gerrarahereman

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by juman(m): 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
Sheriff is their authentic chairman as said by the court.

That is the starting point of their reconciliation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
dunkem21:
You came late after the opening remarks and wanted to preside over the meeting cheesy

Clown undecided

The man is just out to destroy the party at the behest of his Ogas thats all.
Sheriff the B...H.. sponsor cannot mean well for PDP.
Anyway, not my business. PDP deserves whatever it gets

28 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by dunkem21(m): 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

The man is just out to destroy the party at the behest of his Ogas thats all.
Sheriff the B...H.. sponsor cannot mean well for PDP.
Anyway, not my business. PDP deserves whatever it gets

You're right boo .. PDP deserves whatever it gets and like you rightly pointed out, it's none of my business.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Aufbauh(m): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Come to think of it, what are they (PDP) expecting from a meeting presided by GEJ the cluelesso? If money was involved we could have seen peaceful resolution because our former president is a "Generous Democrat".

The man that can not preside over four women Ngozi, Oduah, Alison, Patience + Dasuki want to lord it over a brutal Kanuri politician SAS.......They never chichumti. cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by oyinkinola: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
....pls, somebody should tell me what wailers were wailing for? after the dead of pdp!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by jmichlins(m): 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
dunkem21:

Clown undecided
a rev father is never late to the mass he will preside over. Whenever the chairman comes is the moment the meeting starts proper every other thing is just fun and will never form quorum nor enter the minutes

15 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by tayoxx(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
e no consign me
Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by timecapsule: 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
Why you late to the meeting? Are you the one that call for the meeting or is it every mreeting you will preside? Northern muslems only have heart of destroyers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by able20(m): 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
dunkem21:

Clown undecided
That's the attitude of a maalam

6 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by auntysimbiat(f): 10:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
OK den

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Shelloween(m): 10:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
Yeye
Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by timidapsin(m): 10:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
70% 70% 70% 70% 70%
When we die, our money remains in the bank... Yet, when we are alive, we don't have enough money to spend. In reality, when we are gone, there is still a lot of money not spent. One business tycoon in China passed away. His widow, left with $1.9 billion in the bank, married his chauffeur.

His chauffeur said:-
"All the while, I thought I was working for my boss... it is only now, that I realize that my boss was all the time, working for me !!!"

The cruel reality is:
It is more important to live longer than to have more wealth. So, we must strive to have a strong and healthy body, It really doesn't matter who is working for who.
In a high end hand phone, 70% of the functions are useless!

For an expensive car, 70% of the speed and gadgets are not needed.
If you own a luxurious villa or mansion, 70% of the space is usually not used or occupied

How about your wardrobes of clothes?
70% of them are not worn!
A whole life of work and earning...
70% is for other people to spend.
So, we must protect and make full use of our 30%.

Go for medical check-ups even if not sick.
Drink more water, even if not thirsty.
Learn to let go, even if faced with grave problems.

Endeavour to give in, even if you are in the right.
Remain humble, even if you are very rich and powerful.

learn to be contented, even if you are not rich.
Exercise your mind and body, even if you are very busy.

Make time for people you care about
LIFE IS SHORT...
ENJOY & LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!

Handbook 2016[/b]

HEALTH
Drink Plenty of water.
EAT: Breakfast like a KING,
Lunch like a Prince &
Dinner like a beggar.
Live with the 3 E's--
Energy,
Enthusiasm &
Empathy.

Make time to PRAY.
Play more games.
Read more books than you did in 2014 and 2015

Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Sleep for 7 hours.
Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily And while you walk, Smile.

PERSONALITY
Don't over do.
Keep your limits

Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
Dream more while you are awake.
Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past.
That will ruin your present Happiness.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.

Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

Smile and Laugh More.
You don't have to win every argument, Agree to disagree.
SOCIETY
Call your family often.

Each day give something good to others. Forgive everyone for everything.
Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
Try to make at least three people smile each day.

What other people think of you is none of your business.
LIFE
Do the right thing!
God heals everything.
However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

No matter how you feel, Get up, Dress up and Show up. The best is yet to come.
When awake in the morning Thank GOD for it. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be Happy

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Jaymaxxy(m): 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
PDP DESERVES MORE THAN THIS. HOWEVER, IT MUST NOT DIE. APC NEEDS A STRONG OPPOSITION, JUST LIKE THE OPPOSITION IT OFFERED. UNFORTUNATELY, PDP IS FAR FROM THIS.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
How do you preside over a meeting that you didn't convene?
I used to hear of how dull kanuri ppl were, I never knew it was for real till now.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by mmsen: 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
What credibility does Ali 'Boko Haram' Sheriff still retain?

And why is he so eager to impose himself on a party that does not want him?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by chinex276(m): 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
sheriff the sheriff APC planted to kill the opposition

3 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by OBAGADAFFI: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
masterpiece86:

, “I have respected him by flying from abroad to attend the meeting.
/
grin
Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Jaymaxxy(m): 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2017
ipobbigot7:
Why are they asking Sheriff if he has respect for that mumu Jonathan, and why can't Jonathan respect the fact that there's only one authentic pdp chairman which is Ali Modu Sheriff?

There can't be two captains in a ship, as long as Ali remains the the chairman of pdp even Jonathan should give him place to preside over any meeting in the name of the party. Not recognizing the leadership of Ali Modu Sheriff is indicative that pdp is a lawless party.

While I recognise the fact that he is the only authentic party chairman, I do not think he should be allowed to preside. You can't be a judge on your own case.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by ndcide(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
You can imagine the explanation. You want to be a chairman of a party you ensured lost elections, even as a member of the party.

It's not gonna happen. After Ondo elections, it was over for sheriff. He knows that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by sakalisis(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Okay
Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Lusola15: 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Who are you sir,
Over&out

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Mezenna: 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
What about the new mega party they wanted to form? Pdp is a dead party. We need a new opposition party
Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
masterpiece86:
Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff, has opened up on the reason he stormed out of a peace meeting of the party convened by ex-president, Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja.
National Chairman of the PDP, Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff, yesterday stormed out of a meeting called by former President Goodluck Jonathan to unite the two major factions of the party.

Sheriff arrived at about 3:10 pm when Jonathan had just ended his opening remarks, and sought to preside over the meeting as the party’s authentic chairman.
Sheriff further demanded that he be allowed to make an opening remark but both requests were turned down. It was at this stage that Sheriff walked out with some members of his National Working Committee, NWC.

The former Borno state governor told newsmen that he was shocked at being denied the opportunity to preside over the meeting.

“The party as at today has one national chairman, which is Ali Modu Sheriff. There is no PDP meeting that will take place under any arrangement that I will not make an opening remark as national chairman.

“I think Governor Dickson made a proposal and we have accepted it. Other people have a programme to bring an agenda which is not part of the proposal.
“And as a national chairman of the party, I told you people in my office that I will not be party to anybody using me to do another programme; I will not be.
When asked if he has respect for the former president who convened the meeting, Sheriff said, “I have respected him by flying from abroad to attend the meeting.
“We have a programme, which is initiated by Dickson, anything outside that, I will not be part of it.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/07/walked-jonathan-sheriff/

Approved
Re: Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
divide and rule ....sheriff is an iddiotic APC mole

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Giant Elephant Recognizes Nigerian Soldiers In The Forest,Bows Down To Them.PICS / Azikiwe At The Proposed Site Of The University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) In 1950s. / Video Of Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest; Sits On The Ground Like Common Criminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.