Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals (37060 Views)

"Rema Is My Favourite" - Wizkid Reveals Amidst Hot Comparison With Rema / "We Signed The Biggest Deal In Africa" - Wizkid Reveals / Jim Iyke Slams Non-Fan Who Said 'Old Age Don Dey Come Close' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by mezynaija(m): 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
According to PulseNG reports that Wizkid has responded and revealed the reason why Drake was absent in his recently released video – Come Closer which features Canadian artiste, Drake.

Recall, In 2016, the singer was absent during Drake’s video shoot for ‘One Dance’, and failed to make the final cut. And according to some section of fans, it was payback time.

Wizkid has responded. Replying a fan, he said: “Had a family emergency during ‘One Dance’ video shoot, and Drake was on tour when we did ‘Come Closer’. No bad blood, one love still” He tweeted.

The tweet was quickly deleted, but not before Pulse got this screen shot of it.

“Came into the game, no one replace me/Mi love mine and she straight with no chaser/I love my guys, know mi all about mi paper/Mi got mi girls all around me, mi no chaser, yah/Starboy, call me number one/When mi tune drop, the girls, they bounce along/Mi no like nothing come between me and mi paper/So when mi come inna di place, mi undertaker,” he rhymes.

Drake’s absence was clearly obvious as his verse had no one to mime it., except Wizkid, who handled it admirably. “Too mix up in drama to go outside/Too mix up in drama to free my mind/Jealous people around me, I need to change my life/I just turn colder every time I try/What would I do without you, my chargi?/I don’t feel that way with anybody/Tell me your secrets, I’m not messy/Steady it for me, girl, hold steady,” Drakes spits.

Drake has a history of not showing up in videos. He did it to Future with “Tony Montana,” Migos with “Versace,” and Fetty Wap with the “My Way” remix. He hopped on all those songs and refused to show up to shoot the respective videos. Wizkid is just the latest.

Wizkid is signed to RCA Records, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment. He is expected to drop his third studio album this year.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2017/04/see-why-drake-was-absent-in-come-close.html

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by mezynaija(m): 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by SooCute(m): 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
"fv.ck those"....as my ex always said
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by henrydadon(m): 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2017
he is just trying to cover for him to save face.

anyone who already watched the video will notice

how wizkid was looking like a fool doing the one

dance drake step when it got to drake part of the song..wizkid did not deserve that..

some of you are going to say wizkid doesn't need

drake that he can do it alone..but we all know this song would have been bigger if drake made an appearance in the video.international media house won't play this on public tv because it doesn't have a drake appearance in the video and they hardly know who wizkid is..this was a once in a life time opportunity for wizkid to go really big..this will only be played in africa.the only American tv that i feel this will be played on is BET tv because i know it a black channel
that support black artists.

we all know how big p square song..onyinye with rick ross got big after p square featured him and shot one of the nicest music video in Nigeria entertainment music industry.

some of you are making arguement saying that wizkid did not make an appearance in one dance video..(which am yet to see by the way) wizkid verse on one dance was more like a back up..which is okay for him not to make an appearance..not to mention the fact that he was bearly audible with his verse.

we are still yet to see a picture of drake and wizkid together..it like drake verse for this song was email to him.

i see no reason why wizkid couldn't wait for drake to be done with his tour so they could shoot a proper video together..this is a hit track for christ sake..they just had to mess things up.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by benuejosh: 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2017
Wizkid, so you couldn't wait for him to be done with his tour abi?
Nobody is a children!

#Racism in disguise#

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by paradigmshift(m): 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2017
mercy after death...
stop forcing yourself on drake..
support your upcoming artist.
gerarahere

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by tjimoh1(m): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
we already know grin grin
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Amberon: 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
No need giving excuses for Drake. He's known for doing this. He did the same to Migos, Fetty WAP and another artist.

1 Like

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by dexterinc2003: 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nice 1 wizkid...even though i dont like the song. I love the African brand you are selling.
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Bluezy13(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Sezua(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
doesn't takes away anything from wizkid...shine on nigga

3 Likes

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Liamm(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
What is "mi"?
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Lordave: 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
And some stupid people were already cursing Drake thinking he will give them attention.

Drake no be Olamide.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Sezua(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
paradigmshift:
mercy after death...
stop forcing yourself on drake..
support your upcoming artist.
gerarahere
Which one is mercy after death??
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
One love bro. Stay blessed wizzy
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by zeusdgrt(m): 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Yeye topic
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by joshtega27(m): 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Lets be real here angry

Drake gave Wizkid 'ella...if u understand wat i mean grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by majamajic(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
Anyhow
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by paradigmshift(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
Sezua:

Which one is mercy after death??
talk to the hands bro

2 Likes

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by hola106(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
check these out olakareemglobalventures.com
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by paradigmshift(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
jmembre:
Oga he is not forcing himself, he is making his brand larger by humbling himself for a bigger act.

my guy leave story. how many times now no single picture and if no be say we go yab am for Instagram n Twitter, e for no support. humble my foot

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Cyberrex(m): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
benuejosh:
Nobody is a children!

#Racism in disguise#
drake is more of black than white, ymcmb's are mostly blacks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Ajasco222: 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
I have the real screenshot of that tweet he deleted. Wizkid is fast sha grin
Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
benuejosh:
Nobody is a children!

#Racism in disguise#

Ehn Darke refers to himself as a nigger=black. Do you even listen to his songs? Do you even know him?!

1 Like

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by ntbeatz(m): 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
there's obviously bad blood. why did drake climb up on stage to hail the weeknd as the real star boy

1 Like

Re: Why Drake Was Absent In "Come Close" Video - Wizkid Reveals by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
Na lie abeg abeg 1 dance no get official visuals,wizkid will you sharap there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido Performing At Coronation Anniversary Of Oba Of Benin (Photos) / Tobi’s Rumoured Girlfriend Regina: "I’m Too Powerful To Be In Anyone’s Shadow" / Lola Omotayo-okoye & Anita Isama Dazzle In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.