Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why Are There More DREADS In Yorubaland That Any Other Part Of Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are There More DREADS In Yorubaland That Any Other Part Of Nigeria? (697 Views)

Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland / "We Support Oba Akanbi As The Emir Of Yorubaland" - Iwo People (Photos) / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There More DREADS In Yorubaland That Any Other Part Of Nigeria? by siddoggg(m): 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
In the course of my work as an Architect,I have been opportuned to tour the length and breadth of Nigeria.I have noticed that there are more people born with DREADLOCKS in southwestern Nigeria as compares to other regions.Please is there any particular reason(s) or myth(s) responsible for this?Your contributions are highly needed.
Re: Why Are There More DREADS In Yorubaland That Any Other Part Of Nigeria? by coolebux(m): 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
Profanity is so much in the vogue in that region
Re: Why Are There More DREADS In Yorubaland That Any Other Part Of Nigeria? by Khd95(m): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
Who is this flat head again,oya give us pictures to proove ur claim or hide ur slate-head
Re: Why Are There More DREADS In Yorubaland That Any Other Part Of Nigeria? by Pointblank09(m): 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
Religious affiliation.
Fact---Most white garment church goers keep dread lock.
Fact---Certain deities in Yorubaland also make it compulsory
+ Civilization. I thought Flavour is a YORUBA MAN.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More DREADS In Yorubaland That Any Other Part Of Nigeria? by delishpot: 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Maybe the gene responsible for Dada is common in that part of Nigeia. Just like twins.
Re: Why Are There More DREADS In Yorubaland That Any Other Part Of Nigeria? by Funjosh(m): 3:15am On Apr 08, 2017
They are gods tongue

(1) (Reply)

How Did Ghana Lose Their Culture To Black American Culture ? / Violence In Ekiti Over Traditional Festivals (pics) / Yoruba Oba Ilorin Descendants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.