Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA (28711 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Treasures Olawunmi Bayo To Break 113 Hours Reading Marathon World Record / Jude Okonkwo Accepted Into All Ivy League School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Lombardi: 12:52am On Apr 08, 2017
Prince George's County Student Accepted to 14 Colleges

A talented high school student in Prince George's County has a big decision to make soon -- she was accepted to 14 colleges and universities, including Harvard, Princeton and Stanford.

Olawunmi Akinlemibola, a senior at DuVal High School in Lanham, Maryland, was accepted to Ivy League schools, the University of Maryland and several other institutions.

The 18-year-old has a 4.15 GPA and already has earned college credit. She works hard for her success, her guidance counselor, Stacy Kline, said.
"I'm just amazed by her," she said. "It's the internal drive that she has."

Akinlemibola said her family's support is key. She lives with her father, but her mother and two sisters are home in Nigeria, where she was born. In a recent interview, she began to cry as she spoke about her mother.

"Even though she's not here physically, she takes care of me. Emotionally, she provides a lot of support," the student said. She hopes her family will be reunited this year.

Akinlemibola said part of what drives her to succeed is a sense that she has opportunities her parents didn't have.
"They’ve just gone through so much, and it's like, this is like the least I can do, is do well in school," she said.
Here's where Akinlemibola was accepted, according to WTOP:

Emory University
Brown University
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Maryland, College Park
Swarthmore College
Grinnell College
Amherst College
University of Chicago
Duke University
Stanford University
Cornell University
Princeton University
Harvard University
University of Pennsylvania

Akinlemibola said Stanford is the front-runner. She would study biology and, with scholarships, pay just $300 per year in tuition.

Source: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Prince-Georges-County-Student-Accepted-to-14-Colleges-418687613.html

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 08, 2017
Wow!! 14 schools including Harvard, Princeton, University of Chicago, Duke, Cornell and Stanford! That's a lot. Aji se bi Oyo la n ri, awa o kin se egbe baba enikan

Yet! this is small fry to us . I saw some people from the land of the rising Mark Nsukabags sharing Gala/fanyogo on some threads few days back mentioning Yoruba all over the place lol. Lmaooo they actually think Yorubas are competing with them cheesy grin

Kiiiiids, call us the day you produce a Nobel and 10 Grammy award winners then we can talk. Y'all still beneath us. Facts! Please don't get carried away . Applying to all Ivy league schools is a choice. It's not necessary when you are sure of getting into the one you applied to

226 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 08, 2017
The developers from the land of the rising Mark Nsukabags are already crying on the thread as usual cheesy

Oya e gba biscuit grin

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by seunlly(m): 1:13am On Apr 08, 2017
Akiika.
Did I need to congratulate her? No.

2 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by igwebuike01: 1:26am On Apr 08, 2017
14 mushroom universities The type of glorified secondary school our minister of finance finished from Wake me up when she is admitted by ALL IVY LEAGUE UNIVERSITITES

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:34am On Apr 08, 2017
Igbos are the ones that know how to do it.
We get ALL 8 IVY LEAGUE schools plus others, not this combination up there.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 08, 2017
igwebuike01:
14 mushroom universities The type of glorified secondary school our minister of finance finished from Wake me up when she is admitted by ALL IVY LEAGUE UNIVERSITITES

InyinyaAgbaOku:
Igbos are the ones that know how to do it.
We get ALL 8 IVY LEAGUE schools plus others, not this combination up there.

I don't need a soothsayer to know these clowns are from the land of the rising Mark Nsukabags . Clowns that don't know Duke, Cornell, Harvard and Princeton are all Ivy league schools. Not like we were expecting anything different from y'all tho. E dey una body cheesy grin .You people should just do fast..

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by oyinkinola: 1:50am On Apr 08, 2017
....unlike the senators!

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by igbofocus: 2:23am On Apr 08, 2017
this is good................ all i see is competition
the kain pimple wey full the girl face ehn, na to become reverend sister after school remain o!
but wait o................. 14 schools vs 8 ivy league schools which one better pass?

#IGBOs blaze the trail, others copy them!

IGBO AMAKA!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Guestlander: 2:30am On Apr 08, 2017
igbofocus:
this is good................ all i see is competition
the kain pimple wey full the girl face ehn, na to become reverend sister after school remain o!
but wait o................. 14 schools vs 8 ivy league schools which one better pass?

#IGBOs blaze the trail, others copy them!

IGBO AMAKA!

Where did you get your own degree from? Harvard or Princeton?

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YonkijiSappo: 2:41am On Apr 08, 2017
Super smart Omoluabi girl!

Some idiats don't know top schools in the USA...lol, they are hating on this girl's achievements because ....**cough cough* she isn't from their tribe of drug barons and "baby manufacturers". cheesy
I suggest they check the list of top schools in the USA to cure them of their hate - even though I doubt they will change, because they are born and trained to hate Omoluabis.
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by igbofocus: 3:07am On Apr 08, 2017
Guestlander:

Where did you get your own degree from? Harvard or Princeton?

does not matter!

what matters is that we stay on this topic!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Lincoln275(m): 3:19am On Apr 08, 2017
Yoruba all d way

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Guestlander: 3:43am On Apr 08, 2017
igbofocus:

does not matter!

what matters is that we stay on this topic!

You are trying to belittle a young girl whose achievements are remarkable enough to be carried by a major news outlet like NBC whereas your own degree is probably worth less than the paper it was written on.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by salford: 3:59am On Apr 08, 2017
WOW...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 4:11am On Apr 08, 2017
1Rebel:
This one no follow. We are talking IVY league schools, you're talking mushroom universities. When will you cone heads realize we are not on the same level?

Igbos are not your mate in anything. Beauty, brains, business, craftsmanship, you name it.

Igbo kwenu!

Shhhhhhhhhh

Just.. cheesy grin

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by YonkijiSappo: 4:24am On Apr 08, 2017
Hahaha, some people are dying of hate o! see them all above and below me ooo! grin
6 Ivy list schools and other top notch Universities such as the University of Chicago on her list cool , but to them, those are all still "mushroom schools", simply because the girl in question does not have huge 'yam legs' and a hairy upper lip. cheesy

Una go cry tire today. grin

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 08, 2017
1Rebel:
This one no follow. We are talking IVY league schools, you're talking mushroom universities. When will you cone heads realize we are not on the same level?

Igbos are not your mate in anything. Beauty, brains, business, craftsmanship, you name it.

Igbo kwenu!

Cornell, Duke, Stanford, Princeton, Harvard are mushroom schools?

Are you aware that the standards there are so high that if an Igbo man drops out of any of them, the elders in Igboland would confer him with a chieftaincy title?

I don't think you're Igbo, Ndigbo aren't this daft.

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Sunnynwa: 4:48am On Apr 08, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Are you aware that the standards there are so high that if an Igbo man drops out of any of them, the elders in Igboland would confer him with a chieftaincy title?

Dude, the Igbo lads are receiving offers from all 8 Ivy League schools and this one only managed 5 Ivy League schools.

If e no be panadol, e no fit be like panadol.

However, congratulations to the girl. She's done well for herself

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 4:49am On Apr 08, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Dude, the Igbo lads are receiving offers from all 8 Ivy League schools and this one only managed 2 Ivy League schools.

If e no be panadol, e no fit be like panadol.

Professor, kindly list the 2 Ivy league schools that offered her admission.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Sunnynwa: 4:57am On Apr 08, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Professor, kindly list the 2 Ivy league schools that offered her admission.

They are 5 actually. My apologies.

3 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Guestlander: 6:43am On Apr 08, 2017
OkoYiboz:

I don't think you're Igbo, Ndigbo aren't this daft.

I don't think so too, I think some people are deliberately trying to make Igbo look petty and stupid.

33 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How 137 Kidnapped Kuriga Students Were Rescued In Zamfara - Defence HQs / Yusuf Ololade Faidat Of UNILORIN Clinches 19 Prizes At Convocation / Mmesoma's JAMB Result, Hypocrisy, And The Shadow Of Ethnic Bias

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.