Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,795 members, 7,798,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter (24871 Views)

Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport / Man Who Climbed Azman Aircraft At Lagos Airport Is From Niger Republic - FAAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by Islie: 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2017
The spokesman for the Lagos Airport Police Command, DSP Joseph Alabi, confirmed the death of the German to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday.

A German national, Mr Brenard Christo, who slumped on Friday at the General Aviation Terminal of the Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos, has died at an undisclosed hospital.

The spokesman for the Lagos Airport Police Command, DSP Joseph Alabi, confirmed the death of the German to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday.

Alabi said the deceased was waiting to board a local Arik Air flight on Friday morning when he suddenly collapsed.

He said medical personnel attached to the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) rushed to the scene to assist the German citizen and was eventually taken to a hospital where he later passed on.

Mr Simon Tumba, the media consultant to Arik Air, also confirmed the development.

He told NAN :“What happened was that a passenger en route Benin, when he was boarding had slumped.

“And Arik being a responsible carrier promptly contacted the medical team from FAAN, who took him to the hospital where he later died. ”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/german-dies-after-slumping-at-lagos-airport/192649.html

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by HARDDON: 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
Is this another case of using africa for experimental processes like that of ebola?

Subject n release into africa , monitor its potency

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by rowanMama(f): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
OMG

Schade

1 Like

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by nairaman66(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
Double wahala! I hope this is not another case of Ebola? RIP to the departed!!
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
RIP
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by henrydadon(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
a sick man coming to nigeria..haven't he been following the Nigerian news media to know that even our president doesn't seek medical service in his own country

4 Likes

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by Papiikush: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2017
RIP to the dead
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by slimthugchimee2(m): 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
rip undecided
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by rosrunor45: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
yes o... it better not be another case of disease outbreak o... how will you embark on a journey knowing fully well that you're not completely fine..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by pweshboi(m): 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
Rip to him
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
Heat related illness or a CVD.

1 Like

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by kajsa08: 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2017
abeg o. make dem check wetin make d man slump make e no go be ebola kindred. rip tho may God have mercy on your soul.
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by chigoziri2403(m): 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2017
plasmodium falciparum ++
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by annie74(f): 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
RIP to the dead
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by crackhouse(m): 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
He could have survived if it wasn't here.
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by celestialAgent(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
Naija my Naija! Maybe oxygen was not available on his arrival at the hospital or the doctors were found wanted.

Rip to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by tunde1200(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
lies

they are not telling the truth of this mater...
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2017
So? If na naija man die for dia side, dem for send? U mods shud be very careful o. And I dey my house come and ban me.
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by GloriaNinja(f): 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2017
How can I believe this story without any prove?

1 Like

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by Dicedpineapple(f): 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2017
RIP
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by Amberon: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
That Lagos airport is enough to induce depression. When coming out of the plane (for international flights) , there's a place you go through and it is hotter than fire.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by exlinkleads(f): 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
hmm

i hope him never carry disease enter this country ooo

na so ebola take start

abeg make doctors wear gloves and mask ooo
Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by GarbaAudu: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
This one got me cracking... "And Arik being responsible carrier promptly contacted the medical team from FAAN, who took him to the hospital where he later died"
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter by steve13(m): 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2017
I was there when it happened , infact the man was sitting behind me , we were already set for take off, he was gisting with someone about how he had retired and got a mail last week about a power project in Benin asking if he was interested,

He came to Nigeria on Thursday and going to Benin for the job on Friday, I was listening to this gist until he started acting up, as if something was chocking him...

We held him down , demanded for oxygen but it was not available, we demanded for ambulance ,none was in sight ,

His face started changing as I was looking at him,it turned greenish, later oxygen came , a doctor on board tried to revive him to no avail ,

His seat number was 18A,
Dash 4 propeller aircraft Lagos to Benin ,this happend exactly 12:05 pm yesterday

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Guts Petrol Tanker, Stationary Trucks In Mile 2, Lagos / Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) / Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.