Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help (952 Views)

Pls Urgent Reply, Should I Worry About Buying RX 300 With Faulty airflow Meter / Help With These Codes On Tokumbo Toyota Camry 2017.. / Please Help With These Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by captainking(m): 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
OK... I took my car for servicing yesterday . Honda accord 2000 v4 engine.. . Before which I scanned it and it gave out the following codes.. P301..p302..p303..p304..p300..P1166.. P141 and p1399....i know that most of these codes are cylinder misfire related.. So.. I serviced my car my car yesterday.. Changed plugs..and did the normal servicing. . After which I expected the codes related to misfire to clear.. It did.. But after driving for a day and scanned again.. P302 came up.. Along with p1399 and p1166...then I cleared.. It and drove again.. And all the old codes came back up.. I asked the mechanic who said I need to service the fuel nozzles... I observed from my many scanning that it's p1399 that makes other misfire related codes to Come up.. I could be wrong thou... Also.. My check engine light has been on.. But... Since the codes came up.. If I drive above 3-4 rpm.. My check engine light blinks.. What code the codes mean and what do I do... Gazzuzz... Kingreign.. Mayor123... Honmusa.... Zimdrill... Nurey... Egbonmogaji.... Make una help me ooo..... Also... Since the codes came up.. If I turn up the ac.. The engine vibrates.. Help car talk fam.. .
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
captainking:
OK... I took my car for servicing yesterday . Honda accord 2000 v4 engine.. . Before which I scanned it and it gave out the following codes.. P301..p302..p303..p304..p300..P1166.. P141 and p1399....i know that most of these codes are cylinder misfire related.. So.. I serviced my car my car yesterday.. Changed plugs..and did the normal servicing. . After which I expected the codes related to misfire to clear.. It did.. But after driving for a day and scanned again.. P302 came up.. Along with p1399 and p1166...then I cleared.. It and drove again.. And all the old codes came back up.. I asked the mechanic who said I need to service the fuel nozzles... I observed from my many scanning that it's p1399 that makes other misfire related codes to Come up.. I could be wrong thou... Also.. My check engine light has been on.. But... Since the codes came up.. If I drive above 3-4 rpm.. My check engine light blinks.. What code the codes mean and what do I do... Gazzuzz... Kingreign.. Mayor123... Honmusa.... Zimdrill... Nurey... Egbonmogaji.... Make una help me ooo..... Also... Since the codes came up.. If I turn up the ac.. The engine vibrates.. Help car talk fam.. .

Misfire is still there. Check spark plugs, distributor, plug wires, intake leaks, injectors, fuel pressure, and replace the faulty O2 sensor indicated in scan.
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by captainking(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Misfire is still there. Check spark plugs, distributor, plug wires, intake leaks, injectors, fuel pressure, and replace the faulty O2 sensor indicated in scan.
yes.. Misfire is still there.. I changed to new ngk spark plugs.... Plug wires.. I would need to change thanks.. I don't know how to go about intake leaks and fuel pressure.. Thanks a lot gazzuzz..
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by honmusa(m): 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
captainking:
yes.. Misfire is still there.. I changed to new ngk spark plugs.... Plug wires.. I would need to change thanks.. I don't know how to go about intake leaks and fuel pressure.. Thanks a lot gazzuzz..
You will need to change mechanic that has the appropriate diagnostics equipment to help you get to the bottom of this issue.
Intake leak diagnostics will require a smoke machine for detection and fuel pressure will require fuel pressure tester .
After performing all this test and still there is no headway then u will need to go for compression test.Compression test will indicate if there is no leak of compression that is enough to cause misfire in any of the cylinder.
If you are in Lagos and you require the service of a professional mechanic that can perform all this diagnostics test for you .Call autologic @ 08061166316
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
captainking:

1st clearing the code doesnt help if you havent found out what is triggering the code

since you change few things with new ones i guess the problem on an electrical somewhere wires etc

an not sure of the car specs whether has ignition coil or distributer try to focus that like Gazzuzz said check distributor, ht leads etc

1 Like

Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by captainking(m): 8:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
honmusa:

You will need to change mechanic that has the appropriate diagnostics equipment to help you get to the bottom of this issue.
Intake leak diagnostics will require a smoke machine for detection and fuel pressure will require fuel pressure tester .
After performing all this test and still there is no headway then u will need to go for compression test.Compression test will indicate if there is no leak of compression that is enough to cause misfire in any of the cylinder.
If you are in Lagos and you require the service of a professional mechanic that can perform all this diagnostics test for you .Call autologic @ 08061166316
Thanks a lot sir. I appreciate...
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by captainking(m): 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
ZIMDRILL:

1st clearing the code doesnt help if you havent found out what is triggering the code

since you change few things with new ones i guess the problem on an electrical somewhere wires etc

an not sure of the car specs whether has ignition coil or distributer try to focus that like Gazzuzz said check distributor, ht leads etc
Thanks a lot boss.. I appreciate.
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by boldx(m): 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
Hope the timing belt in your engine was properly set?
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by captainking(m): 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
boldx:
I don't really know Bro... Would have to get a mech to check it for me
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:28am On Apr 09, 2017
boldx:
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:30am On Apr 09, 2017
boldx:

Nothing was done that required timing belt/chain

Wonder why you are talking of timing ?
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by captainking(m): 12:53pm On May 02, 2017
Hello guys. Am truly glad for all your contributions... Am glad to say the problem has been easily solved... It's my fuel noozles.. As experts say.. Distributor.. It was taken off.. And serviced.. And car came back to life.. Now moves like the wind and doesn't vibrate with ac on.. Hurray.. Thanks fam.. Gazzuzz.. ZIMDRILL.. Ikenna351.. Honmusa.. Mayor123.. Nurey.. And the rest.. Una too much..
Re: I Worry About These Codes.. Guys Pls Help by captainking(m): 12:54pm On May 02, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

gazzuzz the genius. genius... It' was the fuel noozles that was the culprit.. Thanks boss..

(1) (Reply)

What A Man Can Do.. A Woman Can Do Too.. / Great!!!! See First Made In Nigeria Luxurious Car. / The Tiny Welsh Car That Runs On Hydrogen And Emits Only Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.