Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,758 members, 7,802,317 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock (13370 Views)

3 Things To Do To Make Your 2017 UTME Registration Faster And Stress Free / JAMB 2017 UTME Registration Form Template – Download Free And Print / 2017 UTME Applicants: See 15 Less Competitive Federal Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by domesifa(m): 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
THE Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has announced an extension of the ongoing registration exercise for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations by two weeks.

This was even as it postponed the 2017 UTME earlier scheduled to start on Saturday, May 6, 2017.

Under the new arrangements, the examination is to start on Saturday, May 13 to 20.

In similar a circumstance, the board suspended its mock examination earlier slated for today, Saturday 8.

Professor Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB’s registrar, who announced the developments at a news briefing in Abuja, a while ago, hinged the reason for extension of the registration period on logistic problems.

Oloyede, who could not dwell well on the logistics issues, explained that failure on the part of technical partners resulted to the developments.

He said instead of the earlier announced April 19, the deadline for the sale of forms and registration is now extended to Friday, May 5, 2017.

The board, according to the registrar, apologised to candidates and other stakeholders on the sudden changes effected.

Below is the text of the registrar’s address at the briefing:

“The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board wishes to apologise to candidates and other stakeholders. We could not go on with the Mock Examination and hereby announce extension of registration exercise of the 2017 UTME. Instead of the earlier announced April 19, the deadline for the sale of forms and registration will now extend to Friday, May 5, 2017. Consequently, the 2017 UTME has also been postponed to start on Saturday, May 13 – 20, 2017.

“Meanwhile, the Mock Examination earlier slated for Saturday, April 8, 2017 has been put on hold. This is because the appropriate rehearsal and test-running of the new system has been substantially achieved.

The plan was to trial-test the readiness of our facilities and addresses the challenges that may likely confront the main examination. The Mock Examination remains free for willing candidates, even the fee due to the CBT centre Owners are being paid by JAMB. No cost to the candidates

“At this moment, we have realized that the plan to hold this Mock Examination was good for us. We are now in a better position to achieve better than we would have done without this trial testing. This is why the exercise is at no cost to the candidates.

“It is our strong conviction that this exercise is an experience for us. Our systems analysis has revealed interesting findings that will engender a seamless and successful 2017 UTME exercise.

“On behalf of JAMB, we use this opportunity to appreciate our stakeholders, including the candidates, for being part of this experiment. Every disappointment is a blessing, an old adage says. The blessing that will trail the suspension of this Mock Examination and extension of registration deadline will manifest in our main UTME by next month.

“Once again, we appreciate and apologise to the candidates who chose to participate in this free and voluntary Mock Examination. They are part of our experience towards ensuring a fruitful and successful UTME this year and in future.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/breaking-jamb-extends-2017-utme-registration-2-weeks/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by eezeribe(m): 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
JAMB's confusion has gotten to an all time high.

7 Likes

Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Boydehot: 7:27pm On Apr 08, 2017
Have u seen what i was insinuating all along. Well, this is an opportunity for those that are yet to register for theirs.
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by promisepromise: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
Based on logistics u better solve dis logistical problem of u guys
Jamb stressing guys anyhow
U guys should better take tym

1 Like

Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Jerryojozy(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2017
The registration process for this year is cumbersome. Nice one #Dont4getEfenation

Genius J
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2017
Why not develope customized smart gadgets that will automatically serve as JAMB forms. Such devices could have features that will enable any candidate to register in the comfort of their homes. All there is to do is get the device and DIY.
During the main examination, all candidates will then have to take these devices to the CBT centre they had been assigned during registration. The devices would be activated to connect to a central server for questions downloading. More like a LAN.
Upon completion, candidates will submit their answers and go home with their various devices where they can check the results when released.
Doing this will go a long way to minimize all these stress! I know JAMB has all it takes to do this.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by FreshShavedBalls(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by solaugo1: 9:34pm On Apr 08, 2017
Another opportunity for Jamb candidates to practice UTME CBT for free and win cash prizes

Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by clickbnkgod: 7:38am On Apr 09, 2017
I was so sure it will come to this. The whole registration procedures is just too cumbersome for those kids.
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Holatunde007(m): 7:38am On Apr 09, 2017
That's is a welcomed idea but nevertheless I think Jamb is not planning it all well

Meanwhile

pls fellow nairalanders, am a student in my HND 1 Estate management. Pls the semester is just ending, as we all know the country is tight right now, I need any work either factory, company, daily, weekly or office job I can do within the two months break before school resumes to have my school fees paid.
Pls I am all alone for myself.
Pls help a striving brother, am currently staying in Abeokuta.
This is my contact both what'sapp and direct call are allowed O7O 33 26 61 93. May the surprise us all IJN
AMEN
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by ladyF(f): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2017
Noted!

Make i go continue my search for bitcoin... Sell to me biko... N395/$

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by olamilekside2: 7:39am On Apr 09, 2017
That gud.
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by tstx(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2017
As you prepare for your exam dont forget to use this 7 sure and tested ways to help you stay awake when studying
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by ElitesNG: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2017
JAMB Examination Center/Date Allocation And Printing Schedule - 2017/18
www.elitesportal.com.ng/2017/04/jamb-examination-centerdate-allocation.html

JAMB Hits 1 Million UTME Applicants In 18 Days Of 2017 Registration
www.elitesportal.com.ng/2017/04/jamb-hits-1-million-utme-applicants-in.html

How To Purchase JAMB UTME 2017 Form Via Remita - Guidelines
www.elitesportal.com.ng/2017/04/how-to-purchase-jamb-utme-2017-form-via.html

JAMB PINs: How To Print It Out Yourself From Your Profile Account After Payment
www.elitesportal.com.ng/2017/03/jamb-pins-how-to-print-it-out-yourself.html
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by sakalisis(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2017
This APC government na wa oo
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by henrydadon(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2017
lol..i remember that time i did my jamb exam..my tutorial center use me make money..they keep saying jamb is hard..but honestly it easy..i found jamb easier than waec..

but the stress i went through then eh..that time to enter university go dey sweet you anyhow..but you no know say nah suffer you dey plan for yourself

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Goldenheart(m): 7:41am On Apr 09, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by softboiy: 7:42am On Apr 09, 2017
bring your paypal funds to me 350/$
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 09, 2017
Government of somersaults, policy reversals, and cancellations.
Oloyede who had a stellar performance as Vc has begun to act like them.
I just hope that last last, JAMB UTME wouldn't be declared inconclusive grin
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by fridayokoli: 7:43am On Apr 09, 2017
WAEC 2017 FREE EXAM EXPO ANSWERS, visit=> http://yoloaded.com
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Omonoba1: 7:45am On Apr 09, 2017
This year's UTME would be disastrous and nothing to write home about..I just pity the aspirants!
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by donbrowser(m): 7:45am On Apr 09, 2017
Each time I see that clueless Ishiaq, I feel like pulling him by the beard and slapping him hard.
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by ominirajj: 7:45am On Apr 09, 2017
EDUCATION SYSYEM OF THIS POOR COUNTRY IS ZERO
EVEN BUHARI AND THIS ISHAQ OLOYEDE NA ZERO Raise to power infinity
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by hobermener: 7:51am On Apr 09, 2017
G
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 09, 2017
Useless JAMB.

Scrap the nonsense. They can't manage the load jor
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by stlken: 7:57am On Apr 09, 2017
nice one

Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 09, 2017
henrydadon:
lol..i remember that time i did my jamb exam..my tutorial center use me make money..they keep saying jamb is hard..but honestly it easy..i found jamb easier than waec..

but the stress i went through then eh..that time to enter university go dey sweet you anyhow..buy you no know say nah suffer you dey plan for yourself

When you just get admission you will be feeling like.....chai!!! finally I enter promised land. After year 2. Then you begin to reason your life, then you go know say no water to soak garri again oooo. grin
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by lordsharks(m): 8:16am On Apr 09, 2017
That's very nice of them
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Esthefaith(f): 8:49am On Apr 09, 2017
confusion everywhere

1 Like

Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by merson20me(m): 9:40am On Apr 09, 2017
Na real confused set of fellas
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by Kamxin(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2017
Laive:
Why not develope customized smart gadgets that will automatically serve as JAMB forms. Such devices could have features that will enable any candidate to register in the comfort of their homes. All there is to do is get the device and DIY.
During the main examination, all candidates will then have to take these devices to the CBT centre they had been assigned during registration. The devices would be activated to connect to a central server for questions downloading. More like a LAN.
Upon completion, candidates will submit their questions and go home with their various devices where they can check the results when released.
Doing this will go a long way to minimize all these stress! I know JAMB has all it takes to do this.

Good suggestion!

But for me, no matter how you execute it this way, I would easily connect to friends and family right inside the exam hall, or even sell the entire questions to interested folks with a button click. A nightmare for Jamb.
Re: JAMB Extends 2017 UTME Registration By Two Weeks ...Cancels Mock by InfoMall123: 10:07am On Apr 09, 2017
Nice...more time to studyQuickest Way to prepare and Score High in JAMB! Amazing mobile app. Download for FREE!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Should Study Estate Management / How Can I Apply To Change Date Of Birth Error At WAEC? / I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.