Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Lets Talk About The Culture Of Skin Bleaching - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Lets Talk About The Culture Of Skin Bleaching (635 Views)

Lady Returns To Her Black Skin After Bleaching (Before Vs Now Photos) / Is Self-Love The Key To Ending Africa’s Skin Bleaching Syndrome? / Pela Tonye Okiemutie Responsible For Bleaching Many Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About The Culture Of Skin Bleaching by mindeed(f): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
As a serial hypocrite, I will like to understudy myself to uncover why I do the things I do. First of, let’s talk about bleaching, I am quick to notice girls with dark knuckles, I find them nasty and horribly unsightly. Why would anyone bleach? Yuk! I guess women who do this are suffering from inferiority complex, mental slavery or both!

However, every time I scroll through Instagram, I ogle at the sight of fair ladies, wow, they always look so gorgeous with or without makeup, filters or any digital masks. Even my boyfriend shares the same view as me, he tells me “babe I love you the way you are, you don’t have to bleach”, but anytime I’m out in the sun, he always screams at me to get off the heat before I get any darker. I also always find him liking pages and pages of pictures of bright looking babes on IG.

Truth is, I have been using skin lightening creams since 2011, it has changed my life, the compliments and attention has been incredible. I wouldn’t lie I have been favored in banks, long queues at the embassy, at the salon and even in church because of the way I glitter. Light skinned girls have more value and attract wealthier men, while dark skin can only attract the average brokies. Most if not all dark skin girls crave to be light and will do anything to look fairer.

But I still wonder why an African will result to burning off her skin in the name of bleaching!!!!

Signed
Just your typical Nigerian hypocrite
Re: Lets Talk About The Culture Of Skin Bleaching by GloriaNinja(f): 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2017
LOL, HOW TO SPOT A HARDENED BLEACHER IS THROUGH 1, DARK KNUCKLES, 2, DARK KNEES
Re: Lets Talk About The Culture Of Skin Bleaching by daveP(m): 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2017
Fiddlesticks. its high time the education on creams and cosmestics used be done. many jst dont give a damn about the ingriedients of any of these stuff they apply. some are so desperate to get rid of pimples that anything goes. if this was a gospel 2 b preached, ah tell u, church go empty o. they go think say una no want make dem bright pass their future. i love ebony beauties.
Re: Lets Talk About The Culture Of Skin Bleaching by ogyunging(m): 12:08am On Jul 05, 2018
Lol. The irony.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Hair Accessories / Ankara Bags, Clo4hs, Caps / World's Most Expensive Watches Top Ten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.