Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? (31685 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To The RCCG Lady At BBNaija Audition / Why Adeboye Made Joseph Obayemi General Overseer - RCCG Releases Memo / Adeboye Still General Overseer Of RCCG, But Stepped Down As Nigerian Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by ezesun(m): 11:32am On Apr 09, 2017
olrotimi:

Could we then say Baba Adeboye wasn't directed by the spirit to pick Pastor John?

Please, Be careful with the things of God

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by BreezyCB(m): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2017
2kass:
u guyz r sick.. Eediot
You're mad ko shi
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by refreshrate: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2017
On paper I guess so

...but in reality ...
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by thundafire: 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
Nutase:
Who e epp?
showing ur stupidity even on Palm Sunday Fear God

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by legendarypresh(m): 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
masterP042:
Lol. I knew there was more to it when they said he's the GO for Nigeria but not rccg worldwide. If the GO wanted to step down he should have done that.
Even church now done start politics.
The GOs find it hard to relinquish power, they see church as one man business(of which of course it is). They create business empires, schools, universities etc in their personal names.
When akindayomie handed over power was there a case of either Nigeria or worldwide?
Mtcheew. I just tire... Take for example the power tussle in Assemblies of God.
The church we have today has far deviated from what it used to be in the Bible times. angry
so dis mumu is saying akindayimi relinquished power when he was still alive abi.
receive sense ijn
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Nutase: 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
thundafire:
showing ur stupidity even on Palm Sunday Fear God
who is palm Sunday?
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by awezoom1: 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2017
DaProff001:
Obviously, you specialize in poking your nose into things which are no concern of yours. Since, you can't comprehend the simplest English words, I will help you spell things out in Black and White

1. Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye is the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (Presently in 196 countries of the world)
2. Pastor Joseph Obayemi is the 'National Overseer' of the RCCG in Nigeria (For administrative reasons. There are more than 40, 000 parishes in Nigeria)
3. Pastor Joseph Obayemi is the administrative head in Nigeria to assist Daddy GO as the job is a herculean one.
4. If you attend RCCG, you'll know that Pastor Obayemi is an important and functional head. At the just concluded April Holy Ghost Service on 7th April 2017, he was recognized as the National Overseer.

Try to find things out for yourself next time before asking JAMB questions. Our secondary school students are having a hard time already as things are.

In most other countries the RCCG has a National Overseer while Pastor Adeboye is recognized as the Chief Missioner or General Overseer. Pastor Adeboye still presides over all international programs of the RCCG ;the monthly Holy Ghost Service is an international program and the international programs are the most visible ones.
Remember Redemption Camp is the International Headquarters of the RCCG while Ebute Metta, Throne of Grace Parish is the National Headquarters.
Pastor Obayemi remains National Overseer, Nigeria while Pastor Adeboye remains General Overseer.

3 Likes

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by BABANGBALI: 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
Op na wuruwuru dem take the announcement do
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by dhesire(m): 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
olrotimi:

Could we then say Baba Adeboye wasn't directed by the spirit to pick Pastor John?

Are you all out for argument or seeking clarification?
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Funjosh(m): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
awezoom1:

In most other countries the RCCG has a National Overseer while Pastor Adeboye is recognized as the Chief Missioner or General Overseer. Pastor Adeboye still presides over all international programs of the RCCG ;the monthly Holy Ghost Service is an international program and the international programs are the most visible ones.
Remember Redemption Camp is the International Headquarters of the RCCG while Ebute Metta, Throne of Grace Parish is the National Headquarters.
Pastor Obayemi remains National Overseer, Nigeria while Pastor Adeboye remains General Overseer.

You reason well.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Adek15(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
olrotimi:

hahaha hahaha... spirit ko, konji ni....

He picked him due to circumstances. Moreover e concern you? Amebo, una wan pour sand sand for baba garri... John wanna reap where he didn't sow... God pass una.

Ride on baba Adeboye joor
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
olrotimi:
Goodmorning friends, so this matter has been on my mind for a while.
Remember that earlier in the year, an administrative conundrum prompted Baba Adeboye to hand over day-to-day Nigerian operations to his Special Assistant to GO on Finance, Pastor Obayemi, in line with the code of governance for non-profit entities.
Four months on, It appears Pastor Obayemi has been quietly eased back to his previous role, as we no longer hear anything about him, Instead baba still runs the show as before.
RCCG worshipers, are my suspicions correct? Does Pastor Obayemi play any role as the Nigerian Overseer at RCCG events?
Ofcus the Code of Conduct had since been suspended.

Lalasticlala do you agree with me?
Hmmmm! May good Lord bless you for this post. I've also been ruminating over this issue for a long time, but I didn't seem to know the best medium to channel my opinion through. Well, all I can say is, nobody, I repeat.. nobody can ever be like Christ, no matter how holy and steadfast the servant of God is. I've never seen the new GO head the monthly holy host service, not even within his jurisdiction in Nigeria, since the was appointed.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Olulinks(m): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
olrotimi:

Show me where Baba Adeboye said he was directed by any spirit to pick the man.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by farem: 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
olrotimi:

Why are you so tormented by the matter that doesn't concern you. The actors involved don't even know you nor complained to you

You wake up so early the first day of the week. A day people use to strategize about their lives
Let it be known to you, as pastor Obayemi is the National Overseer (the one you insist should be called General overseer),so we have national overseer in West (Africa)coast, UK, USA, South Africa, Middle East etc many of these have been appointed before pastor Obayemi was appointed
If PMB decide to constitutionally appoints a mayor for Abuja today, would that stop him from performing his federal duties just because his base is Abuja?
I think some people need deliverance from a needless but self-inflicted malady

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by farem: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
seguno2:

You are obviously not a sheeple. Sheeples don't ask intelligent questions. Hallelujah.
Intelligent goatie spotted.
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by delerx(m): 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
Really have u tried to see him before or u r just deceiving yourself.
babyfaceafrica:
anybody can see adeboye when less busy..stop this your antics
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
awelekiti:
Hmmmm! May good Lord bless you for this post. I've also been ruminating over this issue for a long time, but I didn't seem to know the best medium to channel my opinion through. Well, all I can say is, nobody, I repeat.. nobody can ever be like Christ, no matter how holy and steadfast the servant of God is. I've never seen the new GO head the monthly holy host service, not even within his jurisdiction in Nigeria, since the was appointed.
God bless you broh.
Let the gullible mor0ns follow blindly.
Gradually the focus is being shifted from Jesus the Christ to Man of God.
God knows how I get irritated by those who make so inadvertently worship men of god
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Adek15:
hahaha hahaha... spirit ko, konji ni....

He picked him due to circumstances. Moreover e concern you? Amebo, una wan pour sand sand for baba garri... John wanna reap where he didn't sow... God pass una.

Ride on baba Adeboye joor
Baba you know rccg story well so? You and I know that Adeboye was handed over to by the founder.
I don't understand which one is Reap where he did not sow ur talking about.
Abi you think say na Arsenal matter where Wenger is under the illusion that he built Arsenal grin wink cheesy
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Juwohn: 2:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
Their is a huge difference between a General Overseer and a National Overseer.
Pst Adeboye is the General Overseer while
Pst Obayemi is the National Overseer.

Holy Ghost Service is a Worldwide event hence led by the G.O

olrotimi:

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by classical15(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
olrotimi:
Goodmorning friends, so this matter has been on my mind for a while.
Remember that earlier in the year, an administrative conundrum prompted Baba Adeboye to hand over day-to-day Nigerian operations to his Special Assistant to GO on Finance, Pastor Obayemi, in line with the code of governance for non-profit entities.
Four months on, It appears Pastor Obayemi has been quietly eased back to his previous role, as we no longer hear anything about him, Instead baba still runs the show as before.
RCCG worshipers, are my suspicions correct? Does Pastor Obayemi play any role as the Nigerian Overseer at RCCG events?
Ofcus the Code of Conduct had since been suspended.

Lalasticlala do you agree with me?
Olurotimi seun! longest time. You captured my thought too o

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by seguno2: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
felixomor:

Osibanjo was acting president after an official statement.
It's the way things are done,
at least outside the world of touts.

Did Osinbajo act after the statement or not?
Has the Holy Spirit revealed new GO for Nigeria ever acted in line with Adeboye's statement?
Look before you leap.
Think before you talk.
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by seguno2: 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Juwohn:
Their is a huge difference between a General Overseer and a National Overseer.
Pst Adeboye is the General Overseer while
Pst Obayemi is the National Overseer.

Holy Ghost Service is a Worldwide event hence led by the G.O

So which events are Nigerian events that the Nigerian overseer has led?
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
classical15:

Olurotimi seun! longest time. You captured my thought too o
My oga at the top, how fa na. Kwana biu fa.
But why you just blow breeze open my yansh anyhow na?
Abeg comot my name dia, I'm undercover grin

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by felixomor: 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
seguno2:

Did Osinbajo act after the statement or not?
Has the Holy Spirit revealed new GO for Nigeria ever acted in line with Adeboye's statement?
Look before you leap.
Think before you talk.

So i suppose you are inside the offices of the church ba?
Otherwise, you are the one not thinking......

I hope u know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by seguno2: 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
felixomor:
So i suppose you are inside the offices of the church ba?
Otherwise, you are the one not thinking......

I hope u know

Is the Holy Ghost service held inside the offices of the church?
Look before you leap.
Think before you talk.
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by felixomor: 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2017
seguno2:

Is the Holy Ghost service held inside the offices of the church?
Look before you leap.
Think before you talk.

Holy Ghost Service is the definition of the Chuch office ba?
So as Buhari refused to go to sambisa last week it automatically means he is not president ba?

Mscheww, i pity this generation!
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by oyetpel(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2017
Should i case Baba pass on, Obayemi will be the one to carry on.
So there won't fight among pastors on who will be their GO.
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by petitejolie(f): 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Is that your number?
hehehehehehehe! call the no first na
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by petitejolie(f): 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
olrotimi:

You wan put person pikin for trouble? Who get that number?
ehn! I no know who get am o but I tink na national GO get am
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
petitejolie:

ehn! I no know who get am o but I tink na national GO get am
Abeg I don't want my phone to mysteriously catch fire ooo. Hian, see this babe kwa, just negodu what ur trying to do. grin
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by martins022: 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
how can you understand the workings of a church when you are not part of it...all you know are based on what you read on this platform and news.
for the records..pastor obeyemi is still the national oversea of rccg in Nigeria and he performs his duty as such.
get appropriate knowledge before you comment.
Re: Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? by martins022: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
how can you understand the workings of a church when you are not part of it...all you know are based on what you read on this platform and news.
for the records..pastor obeyemi is still the national oversea of rccg in Nigeria and he performs his duty as such.
get appropriate knowledge before you comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over Unguided Rant / Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. / 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.