Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,967 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:33 AM

The Camry Vs The Maxima - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Camry Vs The Maxima (4215 Views)

2004 Toyota Camry Vs 2004 Toyota Corolla / Camry Vs Corolla / The Maxima Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Camry Vs The Maxima by pannyman(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
I just can't help wondering why the Toyota Camry is so much more coveted by Nigerians over the Nissan Maxima,even though the latter has similar specs. Even in Nairaland, it is rare for a dealer to offer a Maxima for sale.

I drive a Camry actually and I see some Maximas on the road, and I think they look cool and move smoothly. Anybody who has experienced the Maxima please share with us.
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by LeMoor(m): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2009
No contest,
The Maxima is Nissans' flagship model designated as the 4DSC ( four door sports car), the closest competitor to the Maxima in the Toyota family is the Avalon.
Compare the Camry to the Atima.
The figures speak for themselves.

As to why, nigerian prefer the Camry, ur guess is as good as mine, word of mouth, impressions, or support. Cause it is definitely not based on ay reliability tests,
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by Shomoba01(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2009
Am a car dealer wit both experience of the camry and the maxima. I notice smooth drive with both the maxima and camry. Only difference is that the maxima is more fully optioned than the camry. And nigerians prefer the camry to maxima as well dont know why but the maxima looks cool. Realy cool.
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by pannyman(m): 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
SO the Maxima actually competes with the Avalon? I was wondering why they are all V6. Thanks Le Moor.
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
I drive a maxima 2001 n I'll 4no reason compare it 2 a camry cox I av d instinct dat it's so much better. The prob I believe Nigerians av is dat dey go 4 wat dey see is common. My simple guess is dat most dealers import camry a lot since dat wat Nigerians love. Always pay homage 2nissan
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by kawkab: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
Nigerians generally prefer Toyota products to any other brands for the following reassons;

1. Word of mouth and band wagon effect.
2. Availability of parts.
3. Mechanic's opinion, - when you visit a mechanic and mention a car brand, even if they don't know anything about the car the y would just tell you
that the car is not good. So over time Nigerian's have gotten used to it and tend to buy cars based on their mechanic's recommendation.

Check the roll call.
a. Sienna sells better than Quest.
b. Camry sell more than Maxima
c. Carina E sells more than Primera or Altima.

The list goes on
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by ChiChi77: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2009
Maintanance cost and bad roads is the reason Toyota is King in Naija, not cos it is more superior to other cars, it can withstand more abuse than most down there, and we know Naija roads are abusive to cars.

U buy the best looking car in the world, ride it on Nigeria roads and it comes back looking like a "bucket".

2 Likes

Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by platinumnk(f): 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
pannyman:

I just can't help wondering why the Toyota Camry is so much more coveted by Nigerians over the Nissan Maxima,even though the latter has similar specs. Even in Nairaland, it is rare for a dealer to offer a Maxima for sale.

I drive a Camry actually and I see some Maximas on the road, and I think they look cool and move smoothly. Anybody who has experienced the Maxima please share with us.

The New 2009/10 Maxima is waaay over the camry, it does compare more with the avalon. .

Though the new altima compares with the camry

I perfer the Maxima. I am in love with the new ones

But the Altimas? I wasnt a big fan until my daddy bought me one. The car is big and rides real smooth wink cheesy

They dont have enough in 9ja, but I heard the problem was that the cars lay low to the ground . . and also it was said that the timing belt is no go after 100,000 miles and that was an issue with nissan. . .

Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2009
platinumnk:

They dont have enough in 9ja, but I heard the problem was that the cars lay low to the ground . . and also it was said that the timing belt is no go after 100,000 miles and that was an issue with nissan. . .

Timing belt on a Nissan Maxima? undecided

I'd have sworn it was chain-driven, as Nissans have been since 1994. . .
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by LeMoor(m): 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2009
grin grin grin
You know how we roll in Nigeria with Urban Legends,
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by dewoy: 11:48pm On Dec 29, 2009
i drive a nissan maxima 2005 model it towers above camry wella, its fully loaded nd hasnt given me any complaint since i got dis baby tru nairaland, my broda drive a camry muscle and he still feel ma maxima better

1 Like

Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by platinumnk(f): 1:35am On Dec 30, 2009
Siena:

Timing belt on a Nissan Maxima? undecided

I'd have sworn it was chain-driven, as Nissans have been since 1994. . .
Youre right! It is a chain belt, and my daddy said it was no good after 100,000 miles and that it is horrible to replace.

But i still got one grin grin grin and its awesome cheesy

see i reprsent 9ja with my flag sticker grin grin
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by LeMoor(m): 1:40am On Dec 30, 2009
The engines go well past a 100k miles.
The altima is also a fine car,
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by dewoy: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
I kip discovering new stuff each day on ma max,,,,can u imagine da sat navigator works er in 9ja,, on top speed if u press da brake the steering grips firmly in yur hands no swerving, 16 air bags wat else do u want more in a 3.5 litre engine, its a loaded machine
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by chelseabmw(m): 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
camry all the way,
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by LeMoor(m): 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
dewoy:

I kip discovering new stuff each day on ma max,,,,can u imagine da sat navigator works er in 9ja,, on top speed if u press da brake the steering grips firmly in yur hands no swerving, 16 air bags wat else do u want more in a 3.5 litre engine, its a loaded machine
The 3.5VQ Engine has consistently being rated one the best engines by Wards between '02 and '07. The only major downside with your model is the turning radius which is atrocious for a car buy any standards. But that has been rectified in the 09/10 models and Nissan has attempted to return to making a sports sedan.
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by pannyman(m): 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
My next car just might be a Maxima. What with all the recalls associated with the recent Camry models. Toyota's image has really suffered of late.
Re: The Camry Vs The Maxima by dewoy: 9:34am On Jan 02, 2010
NISSAN MAXIMA , u simply just love it

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!! 2001 Honda Accord Ex For Sale / 2004 Land Rover - Freelander - Registered - Reasonable Price ! - SOLD ! / Bmw 7 Series (tokunbo) @ Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.