Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? (18462 Views)

Why Do So Many 'Born-Again, Spirit-Filled' Women Show Off Cleavage In Church? / Little Boy Preaching The Gospel In Rivers State / God Give Us Christian Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Omooba77: 6:56am On Apr 09, 2017
I have been having running thoughts; majority of people apart from Muslims fighting Christianity today were rasied by Christian parents. Many of the the so called athiests were once vibrant members. Many of lewd singers were once choristers. Please what is happening, my heart burns!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by marvelling(m): 7:21am On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:
I have been having running thoughts; majority of people apart from Muslims fighting Christianity today were rasied by Christian parents. Many of the the so called athiests were once vibrant members. Many of lewd singers were once choristers. Please what is happening, my heart burns!!!

deseo what do you have to say?! cheesy

@op the truth is simple! modern day Christianity leaves a lot to be desired!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Omooba77: 7:30am On Apr 09, 2017
marvelling:

deseo what do you have to say?! cheesy

@op the truth is simple! modern day Christianity leaves a lot to be desired!
Yea, there are last days Christanity traits, but the Biblical Truth remains!

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 09, 2017
Well,I gave on religion for two reasons:
1. The religious god phucked up.
2. "for ye shall know the truth and the truth will make you free".

curiousity made me discover the truth.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by jozz(m): 7:56am On Apr 09, 2017
Simply a failure of those churches.They were simply going thru d motions.The word of God taught in those churches was of little value, superficial, non beneficial teachings of prosperity and u can own all because you are a Christian. When the real test comes in the real work after they have left home, the useless sermons they have been listening to is unable to sustain them.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Richirich713: 7:59am On Apr 09, 2017
Mostly anger and ignorance is what makes atheists.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Omooba77: 8:01am On Apr 09, 2017
jozz:
Simply a failure of those churches.They were simply going thru d motions.The word of God taught in those churches was of little value, superficial, non beneficial teachings of prosperity and u can own all because you are a Christian. When the real test comes in the real work after they have left home, the useless sermons they have been listening to is unable to sustain them.

You are right; the Basic Truth is lacking in most of our teachings today, many have not see the Truth in Luke 9:23-26

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Omooba77: 8:03am On Apr 09, 2017
skillful01:
Well,I gave on religion for two reasons:
1. The religious god phucked up.
2. "for ye shall know the truth and the truth will make you free".

curiousity made me discover the truth.
gods are phucked up, but the God Eternal cant phucked up

27 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by hopefulLandlord: 8:09am On Apr 09, 2017
I am an atheist. I don’t believe in gods. None of them. Not yours, not theirs, not that one or this one. There is no evidence that gods exist. Period. I didn't start out atheist. I was raised Christian, and stayed that way until my early teens, when I started questioning and reading.

I haven’t prejudged anything, I came to these conclusions years ago after a whole lot of research. So far, I haven’t seen or heard any new arguments that persuade me to buy into religion. For me to believe the stories of the Bible are divine inspiration, I would first have to believe in the divine.

Clearly I don’t insist on Genesis being historical. Not a problem for me, but I live in a country where over 80% of the population believe in Adam and Eve, Noah, angles and demons as real and/or historical beings. That may not describe you, but that is way too many people who fail to connect with reality as far as I’m concerned.

There is nothing I've read or heard about that makes the mythology of a miracle working Jesus at all real for me. There are at least two common scenarios for these stories.

1. Jesus was the son of god, born of a virgin, worked miracles and was resurrected after his execution by the Romans

or

2. That was all made up, because we know that those kinds of stories were common in the day, and everyone of any importance was some kind of magic worker, son of a god or brought back to life.

Our understanding of reality, and the complete dearth of evidence for any of the above makes it easy for me to pick a side on this.

I happen to know many modern intelligent people who believe this nonsense. Some of them are involved in science and have no problem partitioning their mind so as to hold science and reason while also embracing some form of religion including Christianity. Some are friends and some are family. I suggest that your mind reading skills are lacking. (That’s OK because I don’t believe in mind reading either). I think it unlikely in the extreme that god(s) spoke to anyone, even thousands of years ago because as of yet there is no evidence for said god(s).

The Bible is written just the way I would expect the book to be written if it was put together by men (who knows, maybe some women, too) 2000 to 2500 years ago who had limited understanding of the world. There is nothing in it that speaks of inspiration except perhaps in the story telling aspect, but really nothing revealing or earth shattering, though I rather like some of Ecclesiastes and if you cherry pick the New Testament, there is some decent material there, though much of it can be found in many other writings.

I think the reason atheism is on the rise in Nigeria is because people are beginning to think for themselves and holding the religious books and claims to more scrutiny than accepting it at face value as their parents told them to. Just as our views on slavery and bigotry we learned are not humanistic views. I don't use christian/Muslim views as many christian/Islam faiths still preach hate for certain people and use their religious books as justification for this. and I think more people see this and say to themselves this is so wrong how can the bible/Koran be the word of god so then they doubt the bibles origin and teachings and eventually make the transition to atheism.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 8:16am On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:

Everybody was born a lamb: gentle, meek, humble and innocent, therefore indoctrination was very easy and possible. Our parents capitalised on our gentleness, meekness and innocence to indoctrinate us. But nature left us with a choice when we got matured and here are the choices:

1. Continue in the Doctrine u were indoctrinated with and grow into a sheep(stu*pidity).
2. Reject the belief you were indoctrinated with and transform into a human(thinker). We went for option B and those who went for option A see us as demons grin

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Omooba77: 8:36am On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

Everybody was born a lamb: gentle, meek, humble and innocent, therefore indoctrination was very easy and possible. Our parents capitalised on our gentleness, meekness and innocence to indoctrinate us. But nature left us with a choice when we got matured and here are the choices:

1. Continue in the Doctrine u were indoctrinated with and grow into a sheep(stu*pidity).
2. Reject the belief you were indoctrinated with and transform into a human(thinker). We went for option B and those who went for option A see us as demons grin

It is not about demonising,but rebellious sir

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 8:39am On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:

It is not about demonising,but rebellious sir

Okay, take for instance, I was born in India. I was indoctrinated with Hinduism. I grew up and indoctrinated myself with Islam. Is that rebellion too?

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by hopefulLandlord: 8:45am On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

Okay, take for instance, I was born in India. I was indoctrinated with Hinduism. I grew up and indoctrinated myself with Islam. Is that rebellion too?

good question, watch how he twists and turns in attempt to answer this question

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by akintom(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:

Anyone who still romances religious beliefs, at the age of REASON, is suffering from either of these:

1. Self inflicted chronic delusion (SICD).

2. Social conformity syndrome (SCS).

The very day you understand the bible, same day you will become an atheist.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by megareal: 9:16am On Apr 09, 2017
The Bible says"train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

It simply boils down to training. Most parents believe growing up in a Christian home is enough, they don't take time to train and monitor. The children get out and meet others of different beliefs and practices, since they were not well grounded, its easy for them to be easily influenced and convinced .

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by marvelling(m): 9:30am On Apr 09, 2017
megareal:
The Bible says"train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

It simply boils down to training. Most parents believe growing up in a Christian home is enough, they don't take time to train and monitor. The children get out and meet others of different beliefs and practices, since they were not well grounded, its easy for them to be easily influenced and convinced .

I am sorry, but you just misfired

39 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by merson20me(m): 9:41am On Apr 09, 2017
The world is changing is all I can say

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 09, 2017
Guess you will find out when you discover why our parents also turn their back on their parents religion (traditional religion)

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by rattlesnake(m): 9:41am On Apr 09, 2017
many people will go to hell!!! especially christains who are just followers of MEN and no GOD

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by LordIsaac(m): 9:41am On Apr 09, 2017
jozz:
Well said bro. I 100% concur.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by DIKEnaWAR: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2017
People like Apostle Suleiman, Biodun Fatoyinbo and their stupid followers have made Christianity tiring.

Those are the anti Christ the bible talks about. They are out to destroy the church, yet masquerading as members. Except if your brain is under your shoes, you will definitely know that religions, including Christianity and Islam have lost the way.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by henrydadon(m): 9:42am On Apr 09, 2017
the answer is simple..people are starting to wake up to realise the bible is a man made fiction book designed to keep people in place..

the stories in the bibles are no different from those Ghanaian 50naira story book i use to buy during my secondary school days..

have you ever wonder why the bible and Quran are both similar in most aspect?..that because both were created by man to keep people under control..the black man was doing perfectly fine until the white man came into our land deceived us with the so called " good news of the gospel" and successfully brainwashed us and colonize us..hahahaha..i give them kudos for that..their project really did worked..that why we are so damn behind in every aspect of life and they keep moving forward.

i think what most Christian lack is logical sense of reasoning..they will believe anything about the bible and God even though there no proof that he exist.

oh did i also mentioned that the so called supreme being have a son named jesus who he allowed suffer for millions of people..and the so called God created the devil but can't keep him in check but will rather watch millions of children suffer who have absolutely no sin..

did i also fail to mention that the so called God was unable to protect hundreds of people worshiping him (tb Joshua church and the new church that was been commissioned in uyo)..hmmm..that God must be a blood thristy God and he must really like blood.

atleast traditional worshipers gods will ask for goat head or chicken or any kind of animal..but this Christian omnipotent god seem to like human blood.

religion is more like a bondage to us it stop us from moving forward..you all go to chruch seeking for miracle without doing any thing.

look at the middle east..that place is fùcked up because of religion..they claim allah instructed them to carry out those barbaric act in return for virgins in heaven..if you check the quran you will find these there.

Koran 2:191 "slay the unbelievers wherever you find them"
Koran 3:21 "Muslims must not take the infidels as friends"
Koran 5:33 "Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam"
Koran 8:12 "Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Koran"
Koran 8:60 " Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels"
Koran 8:65 "The unbelievers are stupid, urge all Muslims to fight them"
Koran 9:5 "When the opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you find them"
Koran 9:123 "Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood"
Koran 22:19 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water, melt their skin and bellies"
Koran 47:4 "Do not hanker for peace with the infidels, behead them when you catch them".

17 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Kizyte(m): 9:43am On Apr 09, 2017
It's because many, especially some so called men of God god of men are extortionists. They talk some garbage into their followers, replacing their brains with junks. If their husband says sit, they stand, but if their pastor says jump into a well, they jump into a lagoon.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 09, 2017
megareal:

Sound sound... well done Ma... Nicely expressed. I concur.. Kinda reminds me of D-banj

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 09, 2017

Our ancestor actually thought their religion is the best thing on planet before the White came to wipe their ass and their god's ass, hence they dumped their religion for their slave master religion, the slave master and his religion promise us that we won't longer be taken to Europe as slave but to heaven but alas the slave-master are un-repentantly into science as a means of solving their problem while leaving behind african to be calling on the God they gave her while they call on science. they results are there for all to see

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 09, 2017
The good thing about being born into a Christian home is that no matter how strict your people are over time you still enjoy the liberty to use your brain unlike some religion sects.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by felixomor: 9:45am On Apr 09, 2017
2nd Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,...............

Its been fotetold.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by mykel25(m): 9:46am On Apr 09, 2017
I'm a Christian and I'm not religious..... I always say this! Don't ever hide the truth from a child cuz when he eventually finds out he ll begin to question everything you utter and stand for!..... When we were growing up the Christian religion robbed us of knowledge and now we know....and as a result of this we are questioning many things we were made to believe..... We all have access to d Bible and we all have d brain for understanding ....y will someone want me to believe what he understood....whereas most times its based on his opinion.

Please if you're quoting me, don't say some understand based on HOLYSPIRIT.....because holyspirit should not have diverse opinion....

I'm a kinda person that goes to church to learn new things.... I pick what my spirit agree with and leave d remaining at d altar.. Shikena

17 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by luminouz(m): 9:46am On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:

Yea, there are last days Christanity traits, but the Biblical Truth remains!
Will u shut up?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by bro4u: 9:46am On Apr 09, 2017
Many of us were persuaded to follow what our parents were doing/practicing, the thing is we are Christians just because we were born into a Christian home, i'm pretty sure if i was born into a Muslim home i would have been one of them. But op dont get it twisted, the so called Atheists/ex christians who were once Christians still love Christianity, that's why we Atheist hardly insult/abuse/criticise Christianity the way we bash other religions like Islam.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2017
Let mee book space

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by luminouz(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2017
marvelling:

I am sorry, but you just misfired
I concur!!!! D fvvk is DAT anyways!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Great Bible Contradictions / Download/listen To "Dancers At The Gate Of Death" -a Sermon By Dr. D. K. Olukoya / Apostle Johnson Suleman Celebrates His 51st Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.