Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist (38100 Views)

Assailant Kills A Baby In Jalingo By Slitting The Throat (Disturbing Photos) / Student Sentenced To 12 Years In Jail, For Slitting His Girlfriend's Throat-pix / Sales Girl Attacked In Sokoto By Men, Tried To Kill Her By Slitting Her Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by exellent91(m): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
A Nigerian girl, @Xiomara_XO, who took to Twitter to disclose how she was chronically depressed, has been saved from a suicide attempt after slitting her wrist. The lady who was rushed to the hospital after losing so much blood, was shown care and concern by her followers.

She has also taken to Twitter to disclose how sorry she is for being selfish. She went further to disclose that she been asked to stay away from sharp objects till she's done with the therapy.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/chronically-depressed-nigerian-girl_9.html

Lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
Suicide is never the answer...

8 Likes

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by adorablepepple(f): 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
Thank God you know you were selfish. Radarada

5 Likes

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by AyamConfidence(m): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
adorablepepple:
Thank God you know you were selfish. Radarada
na people like you dey make depressed people try again with hurtful speech like this...learn to speak in a consoling manner to depressed souls...you might just save a life

Besides this thread shouldn't be in Crime section... Health woulda been better

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
AyamConfidence:
na people like you dey make depressed people try again with hurtful speech like this...learn to speak in a consoling manner to depressed souls...you might just save a life

Baba thank you jare. kiss

I've come to realise that most Nigerians don't take depression as a serious illness. They just write it off because they have this mindset that people who claim to suffer from depression are just attention seekers.
I've been there so I know how hard it is to prove that you really need help.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by DirewolfofStark(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
What in God's name is happening these days?

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by JON01: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
Fuqed generation...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Afam4eva(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
All she wanted was the love. Some of these people don't really intend to kill themselves. They just want that reassurance that there people that care for them.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
Social media is very dangerous

I feel psychologically fragile people might be seeing suicide as a way out when cases like these are publicized.

In the past, suicides were not this common...or maybe they were under-reported.

Some would attribute it to recession...some to influence of the West.

May God heal her heart.

4 Likes

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by divineshare(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
What is all the depression/ suicide news all about, what is really happening to everybody?

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by martyns303(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
U will never understand her pain

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
This thread is depressing.

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by maxiuc(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
Abeg dash me ur life before u commit sucide

imagine

Nonesense
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by solpat(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
God help us in this country embarassed Wetin dey happen sef

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Rtopzy(f): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by frisky2good(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
This suicide matter don tire me ooooo
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by cannonnier(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
She tried it the Italian mafia way. She tried it the Italian mafia way. cool
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by BrightAhiah(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
nxt tym if u wan2 attempt suicide dnt go for d WRIST

try ur neck, idiota

lemme com n be going, I dey ma huz: com and beat me if u can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Shelloween(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
MMM
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Efeugoebo: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ok
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Arsenalholic(m): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
Depression!!! It's something I fear with the fibre of my being.

6 Likes

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by tit(f): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
The hotestest part of hell is reserved for buhari

4 Likes

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by AntiWailer: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
Suicide should never be an option. Only a loser should consider suicide.

It can never get worse. You have to keep pushing

You are not the best, you are not the worst.

I have always told people. You don't need to go far to look for hope. I am a living testimony.

I have hawked before and the total amount of good I hawked was 12 Naira and guess what, I don't usually finish selling it after spending all day in the sun.

I have done several menial jobs before.

Trekked a distance several times. The day I told my driver I have trekked this path several times, he smiled and told me "Boss it is not possible Sir.".

I remember how many people contributed for my Jamb Form. Total amount was less than 1000.

I remembered how it was not easy to pay school fees that is not up to 3K per session back then. The blood pressure and fear of not writing exams on Examination Day. EVen though I did not make a First Class, I still graduated with a CGPA above 4.0. (NO EXCUSES)

Parents were once rich but everything went crazy along the line, if they had killed themselves they will not be alive to live in the House I built for them in just 6 months.

I am not rich but I am living my dream life without ever CHEATING ANYBODY, COLLECTING 1 DIME FROM ANY POLITICIAN. Pure Hardwork and Dedication. As a matter of fact as i type this, i am working. angry .

If it is a girl, Plenty will come begging for you when you achieve your dream.

If it is a guy, plenty will come begging when you finish working on yourself.

I am just typing this to let you know that whatever you are going through. It will soon be history.

Just keep your heads up and believe in yourself.

Have a dream you are chasing and NEVER GIVE UP. NOTHING , I repeat NOTHING is worth 'DIEING' for.

Move close to whatever you believe in and always be hopeful.

NOTE : To all Professors of Depression and Depression experts speaking English.

I wrote about Suicide and Not Depression directly and Yes ! Hardship can trigger whatever the sickness that can make people commit suicide.

Link below shows 67 cases of suicide linked to Economic Hardship and sometimes love. Some of them owe people and can not meet up.
https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/economic-hardship-results-in-67-suicide-cases-in-7-states-list-and-statistics.222216/

One woman that was rescued at the Lagoon claimed she was duped of several millions of Naira.

So please spare me the Depression is Mental bla bla bla. I wrote about Suicide. Thanks.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Bridget95(f): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
Buhari the old one brought suicide ,meningitis and all round pains to Nigerians.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Drazeen(m): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
Anybody that truly wants to commit suicide will succeed...

She just needs attention.

2 Likes

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by kygo(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
people kill themselves without announcing it
if you want to go,go please
all of a sudden,depression and suicide becomes a trend.people jumping into the bandwagon and coming out with all sort of tales,if you can't confide in someone and get someone to talk you into saving yourself,don't announce that you want to commit suicide and start playing with a razor blade and make people talk you out of jumping into a lagoon,everybody get him own wahala abeg,face your own squarely

3 Likes

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Abudu2000(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
Buhari ia a curse!! Search all through nairaland, not a single news about suicide during his predecessors regime, apostle Suleman saw all these and even said it in a live service that buhari is here to judge Nigeria ,that a time would come qhen people will start taking their own lives...

The last one ,he said he saw a dollar at 615 , and it's already happening

Mke them keep dey blackmail am, e no go stop anything
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by goingape1: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
exellent91:
A Nigerian girl, @Xiomara_XO, who took to Twitter to disclose how she was chronically depressed, has been saved from a suicide attempt after slitting her wrist. The lady who was rushed to the hospital after losing so much blood, was shown care and concern by her followers.

She has also taken to Twitter to disclose how sorry she is for being selfish. She went further to disclose that she been asked to stay away from sharp objects till she's done with the therapy.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/chronically-depressed-nigerian-girl_9.html

Lalasticlala
what make her depress?

naija women watch your youths you won't hear!
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Daboomb: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
AyamConfidence:

If you are depressed, talk to someone, read your Bible, pray to God, do a good deed to make you happy........... but if you decide to Kill yourself, you are stewpid, selfish and deserve to die.

I have no pity for anyone who decides to commit suicide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by onadana: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
coolYou never ready to die..nah publicity stunt. Person wey won die for don die.Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by RALPHOW(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
What is happening in Nigeria? Don't tell it is hardship, the Dr that jumped into Lagoo was comfortable.
Christians please wake up and pray for the land.
Re: Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist by Igboesika: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
When is Buhari resigning ?. This is getting too much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Drives Car Into Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly Complex, Sets It On Fire / Bukola Odeyemi Kills John Iju, Her Boyfriend Over N2,500 / Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.