Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? (33808 Views)

Poll: Do You Think Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour?

Yes - Most of them: 16% (30 votes)
Yes - only some: 52% (96 votes)
No - they smell good: 30% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! / Simple Way To Know If You Have Bad Breath / Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by 1tomilola(f): 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2010
I think the bosy odor issue has to do with the fact the guys work and sweat a lot, but dont use any form of deodorants or ever bother to shower after the days activities. But with all naija men, thats a big fat lie. my ex then smelled so good i couldnt wait to wear his shirt or percieve his scent, and he was nigerian.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by mamagee3(f): 2:44am On Jan 06, 2010
ayobase:

Sharap there Mama-gee!
Was that the only thing u could talk about
during your visit here in Naija, your father's land.
Or are u looking for means of getting US green card
by betraying your country?

I said Most Nigerian Men have Body Odour and you might probably be one of them. cool
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by skfa1: 2:46am On Jan 06, 2010
mama-gee:

I said Most Nigerian Men have Body Odour and you might probably be one of them. cool

How might he probably be one of them, have u seen him b4?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by tbaba83(m): 5:35am On Jan 06, 2010
since we didnt have d luxury of coming to the world as test tube babies like mama g and our only  bus ticket was coming thru dat fishy stinky tunnel of a p.u.n.a.n.i that looks like an expired burger why wont most nigerians have body odour. moral of the story; ladies please an extra hour in the shower scrubbing your pomos while batheing wont hurt. u will be doing your unborn child a big favour   grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by FMK(m): 7:06am On Jan 06, 2010
tbaba83:

since we didnt have d luxury of coming to the world as test tube babies like mama g and our only bus ticket was coming thru dat fishy stinky tunnel of a p.u.n.a.n.i that looks like an expired burger why wont most nigerians have body odour. moral of the story; ladies please an extra hour in the shower scrubbing your pomos while batheing wont hurt. u will be doing your unborn child a big favour grin grin grin

enough enough enough enough grin grin cool
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by mikevick: 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2010
most naija men do not smell ooo at least i dont smiley
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by femilolu: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2010
Infact i am deeply touch with this topic, it is true, but to the best of my knowledge three criteria contributed to it,  1. poverty 2. illeteracy 3. uncare attitude of personal hygine
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by joel123(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
undecided Also why do men find it difficult to stay close to most women because of the odour of their hair
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by darosha: 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2010
mama-gee pls i wl like 2 no ur motive of goin 2 church. i tot u are ment 2 pray in church rather than smellin ppls body. pls stop visitin if u no u wl b makin bad comments abt our country. u shld b ban 4rm comin om
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by bike1: 9:52am On Jan 08, 2010
As if gals dont have same issue too
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by mamagee3(f): 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2010
darosha:

mama-gee pls i wl like 2 no your motive of goin  2 church. i tot u are ment 2 pray in church rather than smellin ppls body. pls stop visitin if u no u wl b makin bad comments abt our country. u shld b ban 4rm comin om

Didn't you read that he passed by me? undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by lovemoi2(f): 2:44am On Jan 10, 2010
and enough with all the insults, some people have too much in their mind
which makes it hard for them to concentrate on their body
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2010
darosha:

mama-gee pls i wl like 2 no your motive of goin 2 church. i tot u are ment 2 pray in church rather than smellin ppls body. pls stop visitin if u no u wl b makin bad comments abt our country. u shld b ban 4rm comin om

Are you for real? You perceive odours with your nose, so even if your eyes are closed in prayer, your nose still works. Some body odour can be strong enough to wake you up in the midst of an erot!c dream!

As for the "bad comments about our country", pull the other one. Just because we're Nigerian, doesn't make us immune to certain issues, both positive and / or negative. The fact is, some Nigerian guys do reek, the only thing I can't put a figure on is the percentage.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Moranike: 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2010
I think it depends on one's body physiognomy, some people's own comes out natural while other's comes out as a result of inadequate shower of the sensitive parts of the body.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by TJ0016: 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2010
abi o, the thing is look at the country we live in, its hot now. Shebi u don dey carry air conditioner for your back? B.o Soemtime's a disorder, I know people wey dey blow B.O mehn no be small matter
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Esiso1: 1:45am On Jun 07, 2010
This condition are usually as a result of many factor. On some cases is natural. That means that the individual is never the course  of the problem. But there specific way of solving this problem. If you know of anybody with this problem you can direct him or her to  http://naturalhealingonline dot webs dot com or let him or her contact me via  naturemedicine20@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by tpiah: 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2010
what a thread
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by LAGOS1976: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2010
this is a bloody lie,Nigeria men dont stink at all.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2011
aint no bastard like mama gee!
bastardity pass bastardity
your own don grow//kai anuofia
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by 195(f): 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2011
grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by princefunm: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
Ive been having a swell time reading this thread. Men you gats to love nlers. You guys are totally awesome.

Mamagee, I wont raise a settled dust, but I must say that when you whip up storms, you should have the balls (never mind that you are female) to ride it out. You were silent and rude for a vast majority of the thread despite the fact that you started it.

On the issue raised, it is totally baseless to conclude that most men have bad body odour. It simply is untrue. Im sure your American or British dudes or wherever it is you hang out also stink as hell. You just dont know probably because you adore them or are probably shaggin em or you consider them higher than your own kinsmen. You seem to forget that the feminine species are even more at a default in this area. Going by the contents of this thread I know I have witnesses in this house.

You see the thing you fail to realise is that odours come through to each indiividual in different ways. What you might call bad may be something to be longed for to someone else. Its not just goats that attract the female species with thier odour, some humans also do same.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by TSpayne: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2012
Bad body odour in males have been linked to gnorrhoea and others STDs.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by EfemenaXY: 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^ Seriously??

Is that medically proven or just an opinion? Can't say I've heard that one before. . . undecided

Anyway, I think frequent washes and a good soap should do the trick (plus the use of perspirants in hot conditions/climates)
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by samchide(m): 3:09am On Feb 11, 2012
Please do ask was her occupation how does she know that most Nigeria men do have body odour,then you try to educate the people in your Hometown about good hygiene you can do it for free or even earn through that. Why not be sincere and tell us the kind of Job your BF those for a living He should try DuDu Osun
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by amycutie(f): 11:06am On Nov 24, 2013
skfa1:

Body Odour Smeller (BOS)  grin  grin  grin
. hahahahahaha
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by tpiander: 3:25am On Jan 21, 2015
What a thread.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by creepsyme(f): 7:22am On Jan 21, 2015
mamagee3:
There was this Nigerian man I saw in Church when I went back home for Xmas, the guy passed by me in Church and he stunk very bad, Please don't they use deodorants or is it poverty going through? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Half-human, Half-goat Baby In Jigawa / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. / Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.