Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? (33809 Views)

Poll: Do You Think Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour?

Yes - Most of them: 16% (30 votes)
Yes - only some: 52% (96 votes)
No - they smell good: 30% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! / Simple Way To Know If You Have Bad Breath / Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by lovemoi2(f): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2009
check my replies to this thread and you will see that i dint support the fact that all men stink

i dont generalize
and i still know that most of the people in NL need to grow up, or kids need to stop registering on NL
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by HIO4: 10:21am On Dec 30, 2009
lovemoi2:

check my replies to this thread and you will see that i dint support the fact that all men stink

i dont generalize
it's not about you
not to be rude, and apolgoies if/when my posts come out that way. sorry if you feel attacked

it's all about action - reaction.
for as long as these stoopid threads exist to target and mudsling one gender
they will always drive out equally strong negative responses from members of the opposite gender
until the mods restore tranquility by locking them.

just try not to take any of it personal. i know i don't take any of it seriously.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Kelvinj(m): 10:22am On Dec 30, 2009
Mama-gee, abeg tell ur bf 2 go get a real good shower ok
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by kokonets(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
Body Odour is not a man's thing only, im sure some guys have met gals that have body odour but none opened a thread about it. People that have body odour just refuse to take proper care of themselves
My 2 kobos!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by creampy(f): 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2009
in general every man and woman knows about the deodorant importance, but the problem is who can afford to buy
the one's with 24 hours protection.very few can afford and they r standing tall provoking others.
@poster,no dirty man on earth , some of the smelling men u r talking about are buying the best perfumes to their wives and children.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by oneluvb55(f): 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2009
that a man u saw in the church has a bad body odour does not mean that most Nigerian men has bad body adour
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by londoner: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
Sorry, but ALOT of Nigerian men have a serious body odour issue, as well as bad breath. Obviously men of other nationalities have it too, but I find it of much higher incidence in Nigerian men.

You hardly find an Ethiopian man with B.O, or a Caribbean man with it. So many people can attest to it.
True talk.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nautillus(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
@Poster. . .you've been hanging with the wrong crowd . . .Naija boyz are cool & clean as they come . .'xcept for the ones you hang with
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by londoner: 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2009
the OP is right, you smell it with random Nigerians just on public transport. Not all, but they are overrepresented in that department. Some of the women have it too, although its less common.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Raymond247(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2009
Mama gee there is this security firm dat needs dog for tracing thieves, as it is dat u are good at observing bad odour and stuffs like percieving things u can send ur number 2 me maybe u might be more useful, instead of going to d church to waste ur God given talent. The earlier the better mama gee.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ziga: 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2009
Just curious, how much does it pay to be a BOS, and who pays the salary? CIA? or FBI? or SSS? or MEND? or Al qaida?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by kokoye(m): 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2009
Londoner, do you EVER have any positive thing to say about men . . . do you have a father and / or brother . . . are your parents together or divorced??

These are simple and innocent questions.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by kemisuga(f): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
Funny,  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Princek12(m): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
Poster: Many people in Nigeria, men and women alike, generally do not regard using deodorants as necessary or cannot afford using one. So how do you conclude that most Nigerian men have body odor? What of the Nigerian women who do not think using deodorants is a necessity?

Also are you talking about Nigerian men in Naija or Nigeria men worldwide? Because apparently in Yankee for example, all the other African girls and Akata girls who chase after Naija men appear to like their smell, and it seems customary for people in Yankee to use deodorants.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Hauwa1: 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2009
that is why i dont like riding bus too many stinking pple. for nig guys in nig, maybe deordorant is too costly. for the ones overseas, they try sha. thanks to walmart, my prob with those abroad is smelling mouth, and i do use style to tell them floss before washing and use mouthwash grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2009
Never noticed that Nigerian men have bad body odour, but I noticed that nigeria has a certain smell, not neccessarily a bad thing but it's distinct.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Biimz: 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2009
@My Honours,  Wetin your nose find reach Pataz?
Weight might be the cause of some of the smell, ( with the folds) another might be re using clothing with dried sweat.
For the mouth thing, a tongue scrubber is more effective also paying attention to inside cheek, roof of mouth and under tongue.
Last I know, there were some dry balls in circulation (Alum) but I cannot say whether they act as deodorant or anti-perspirant.
@ Mamagee, thanks for voicing what most of us are too timid to say!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ucnduka(f): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2009
Mamagee smells one man and concludes that nigerian men have body odour,little wonder u really remind me of patience ozokwor MAMAGEE INDEED.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by gidson12(m): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
mama gee can u pls smell my a.s.s too i'm a Nigerian man, heard its ur occupation grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by kokoye(m): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
The poster just wants to create a naija male bashing thread. Nothing more.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by youngbest(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
Princek12:

Poster: Many people in Nigeria, men and women alike, generally do not regard using deodorants as necessary or cannot afford using one. So how do you conclude that most Nigerian men have body odor? What of the Nigerian women who do not think using deodorants is a necessity?

Also are you talking about Nigerian men in Naija or Nigeria men worldwide? Because apparently in Yankee for example, all the other African girls and Akata girls who chase after Naija men appear to like their smell, and it seems customary for people in Yankee to use deodorants.

Bullsjit!!! how much b deodorant? N250 lik say u neva come naija b4
d kin heat wey dey hear go let deodorant last 4 only 3 hrs
so wetin u want mk dem do
mk dem dey put deodorant 3, 3 hours, ??
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ochukoccna: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2009
gidson12:

mama gee can u pls smell my a.s.s too i'm a Nigerian man, heard its your occupation grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by r231(m): 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2009
at least we know why you go to church now by the how do you work out the percentage to come up with MOST NIGERIAN MEN or maybe 99.9% of them go to your church
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ochukoccna: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ mama gee, you nko? cool cool cool cool cool cool cool shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by gidson12(m): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2009
*Hauwa*:

that is why i dont like riding bus too many stinking pple. for nig guys in nig, maybe deordorant is too costly. for the ones overseas, they try sha. thanks to walmart, my prob with those abroad is smelling mouth, and i do use style to tell them floss before washing and use mouthwash grin

pls can u pls send down deodorants for us cos no Nigerian guy can afford it here, even no shops sell it down here, and i can see its only walmart that sells it over there, ewu, ur post really  shows that u one ignorant slowpoke sad
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
I have no idea what kinda men attends your church, cos most men that i know smells good.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Biimz: 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
Make una accept
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by chrishenzo: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2009
Are you sure of what you are saying because I met the man and he was complaining how he left his wallet. According to him, as he was walking pass you, his wallet fall and as he bent down to pick it, the kind of smell that emits between your two legs was so much that he decided to forget about the wallet despite his credit cards inside them.

The worst thing is that you made him insult other girls. Do you know what he said before he left me?
IN SHORT SOME GIRLS NEED SAND-PAPER TO SCRUB THEIR,  lipsrsealed(Seun is coming, I should better run before he bleep)
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by chidichris(m): 5:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
@poster,
u went to church and one man passed u smelling and u come to nairaland to ask why most men nigerian men smell - that is a made in china madness.
no wonder our scientists never do well. in observing situations, u must wait to meet more nigerian men before u open ur dust bin.
if actually u were in church, if actually a man passed u smelling and u think u are normal, what shld have come to ur mind first will be why? the man in question(if there is any must have dropped some smelly mess and u were fortunate to partake in the natural perfume. the man in question(if there was), shld have been wearing a wet cloth which is far from body odour.
next time dummy, make out time to observe more than one person.
on the other hand, can u give me 10 reasons why every nigerian man will not have body odour? those of us who have body odour in nigeria given the situation are the real nigerians and we are on the popular side.
when a man leaves his house as early as 4:30am and comes back home 10:30pm working and sweating all day with little or no knowledge on the relevance of airconditioner, tell me why he must not smell.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by eyoniggar(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
how can this Kind of useless thread maKe it to te FP?
Moderators, do ur job well.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by kokoye(m): 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
Biimz:

The problem with us Naija people is that we are too set in our ways.
Like it or not, naija men, women, boys or girls dey smell.
Most have lost the ability to identify body odour 'cos it is a constant.
The same way we dey 'steal' as hours from our employer ( on cell phone or busy doing nothing)
Or we engage in analysis paralysis. We discuss and discuss but never get anything done. We criticizes anyone who tries.
We need to accept corrections as love and forget the too smart attitude.

We need to be careful, especially with the new screening at airports, Do not answer questions with question, forget the smart retorts and just answer the question.

So, Fellow Naija, you dey smell or not?

Simple yes or no.

As for me, sometimes I dey smell. Sometimes I no smell.

Mamagee, thanks, I resolve to do better.

You plain stupid. Does the fact that you or the poster's b/f smell mean that most Nigerian men smell?

I do not have a bad smell - neither do ALL the Nigerian men I know.

a$$ licker
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by webgenius(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2009
Her philosophy: if you can't have them or they won't look at you, then sniff them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Half-human, Half-goat Baby In Jigawa / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. / Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.