Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? (33802 Views)

Poll: Do You Think Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour?

Yes - Most of them: 16% (30 votes)
Yes - only some: 52% (96 votes)
No - they smell good: 30% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! / Simple Way To Know If You Have Bad Breath / Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ancel(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2010
@AMAKA: LMAO so you think I have ever taken mamagee serious? I am not one of those raising hell over the post. If you have the time, you can recall my posts on this thread, or even any other thread in response to mamagee. I knew from the day I joined Nairaland that Mamagee is a comedian. I was only surprised that you seemed to be inconsistent in your posts, but then who cares, it's all in the comedy as well: throw in some interesting two-sided stuff by THE.AMAKA into the mix. Go and get a(nother) haircut.  tongue
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by THEAMAKA1: 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2010
ancel:

@AMAKA: LMAO so you think I have ever taken mamagee serious? I am not one of those raising hell over the post. If you have the time, you can recall my posts on this thread, or even any other thread in response to mamagee. I knew from the day I joined Nairaland that Mamagee is a comedian. I was only surprised that you seemed to be inconsistent in your posts, but then who cares, it's all in the comedy as well: throw in some interesting two-sided stuff by THE.AMAKA into the mix. Go and get a(nother) haircut.  tongue
don't know and really don't care. although i should have been more specific about who i was agreeing with, oh well.
but then i know you have eyes and you can read my third line.
read my post again, but then again, i really don't care.
i know where this is heading and i'm not about to go a page and a half with you.
next!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ancel(m): 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2010
AMAKA! grin grin grin Don't worry I was just pulling your legs, so this is not "going" anywhere. Besides, I'm trying to fill up this thread (we are on the 10th page) so that it can be locked. You can join me at your own peril if you are interested cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by OlabodeAjala(m): 10:14am On Jan 03, 2010
We are all human beings and all human being hv body odour.U urself hv one,so mine wht u write.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 03, 2010
OlabodeAjala:

We are all human beings and all human being hv body odour.U urself hv one,so mine wht u write.

Perhaps. But this thread's emphasis is on offensive body odour, as in positively reeking.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by chika98: 11:11am On Jan 03, 2010
Siena:

Perhaps. But this thread's emphasis is on offensive body odour, as in positively reeking.

How can one positively reek? LOL that is just disgusting thinking about it . Sounds like body odor meets chanel fragrance.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 03, 2010
chika98:

How can one positively reek? LOL that is just disgusting thinking about it . Sounds like body odor meets chanel fragrance.

Yes, it's unpleasant, but in some cases, true.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by chika98: 11:17am On Jan 03, 2010
Siena:

Yes, it's unpleasant, but in some cases, true.

Sure. I have smelt a "Wiff" of someone's armpit or rather a couple of folks. It can be an African thing if you ask me. I reckon a lot of em don't use deodorant.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by FMK(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2010
Moderator please Lock this thread in the name of jesus if not next time when i come i will come with Offensive Words
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2010
FMK:

Moderator please Lock this thread in the name of jesus if not next time when i come i will come with Offensive Words

Why lock the thread? The title is pretty clear, if you find it offensive, the obvious thing to do is avoid it altogether.

I personally find it hilarious, and there is some element of truth in it too.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by H2O2: 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2010
FMK:

or create your own thread. Here's a befitting title - "Why Do Most Nigerian Women Stink?"
It would be a direct opposite of this thread. Howzboutit?
Nothing like a little controversy to start the new year.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2010
I only wish people all over the world culd see this write up and maybe even comfirm their suspicions that truely all africans 'reek' terribly and disgustingly and treat them that way
an african shud be wise when writing something derog about her own people
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by londoner: 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2010
Gosh, didn't know Nigerian men were so sensitive.This is nothing compared to the torrents of defamatory threads created on a regular basis about Nigerian women when compared to their counterparts of other nationalities.

Get a thicker skin guys and accept the truth of what some have experienced, I'm around men of many nationalities and its rare to smell b.o on say an Ethiopian men, or a Carribean man or the women either to be honest.

Some other nationalities including Nigerians it seems to be much more common, dont know why, but it just seems to be the case.

Why get angry? It has been the experience of quite a few people, not just fellow Nigerians either. At least its something that can be gotten rid of quite easily in most cases.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2010
Is it really 'most' or 'some'?
Thats the real point of arguement
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by sammyavu: 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2010
mama gee why can u help him by calling him instantly and give him money to buy deodorant,for u to bring this kind of topic to NL
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by londoner: 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2010
Its not MOST, but it is MORE when proportioned to other nationalities I have encountered, bar a few.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2010
But the topic isn't comparing nigerians to other nationalities
if you stay within the topic
is it most nigerians that have the problem or only 'some'??
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by londoner: 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2010
I said quite clearly that its not most IMO, just way toooo many. I havent been around "most" Nigerians, I dont think any person can claim to have.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2010
So is the poster's claim completely truthful?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by londoner: 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2010
Its the OP's opinion, please, get over it if you can.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2010
it's not my problem
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by FMK(m): 6:31am On Jan 04, 2010
one More time Moderator what are you waiting for ? it is enough we heard too much we are full
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ayobase(m): 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2010
Sharap there Mama-gee!
Was that the only thing u could talk about
during your visit here in Naija, your father's land.
Or are u looking for means of getting US green card
by betraying your country?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by lovemoi2(f): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
if u dont stink then this topic shouldn't bother you
naija men are too sensitive
but they insult naija women all the time
i guess naija women have a tougher skin than the men
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by luvli(f): 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
@ poster
if u think Nigerian men stink, try Lebanese.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ancel(m): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
@lovemoi2: Haba I don dey see your posts from thread to thread. Easy on the guys, girl. angry Generalization is a terrible form of assumption, which in turn is the least form of knowledge. I respect you o, no dey fall my hand like this.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by oaroloye(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
I grew up without using cosmetics, except for Vaseline Petroleum Jelly for my skin and hair. It took a long while before I realized the necessity of wearing deodorant as being mere good manners- like zipping up, even though you might personally enjoy the breeze? smiley

A little known fact among Christians is that if you fast for extended periods (going without food and liquid nourishment other than pure water) for over two weeks, the body consumes things which make odours.
I only fasted for as long as four days for several years, and as our teacher, Franklin Hall promised, my feet no longer smelled bad, no matter how long I wore my socks!

I think that the bacteria or fungi that cause the familiar rotten smell need surplus carbohydrates in the tissues (it takes three days of fasting to deplete them,) to be able to survive, or else they just die off.

When supposed Christians, who boast of fasting for prolonged periods themselves, do not report such side-effects, I know they were lying about their fasting.  (People who claim to have fasted over three days, never leaving their church- seven days in one such case- break their fast with a normal meal- rice and dodo. That is not possible, and if it does not kill you, it will sure as anything feel like it! grin)

Before you try this sort of a fast, you must consult real expert advice, by people who have done it themselves- not people who think they know what happens in a fast, or just read books.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ladej(m): 5:09am On Jan 05, 2010
oaroloye:

I grew up without using cosmetics, except for Vaseline Petroleum Jelly for my skin and hair. It took a long while before I realized the necessity of wearing deodorant as being mere good manners- like zipping up, even though you might personally enjoy the breeze? smiley

A little known fact among Christians is that if you fast for extended periods (going without food and liquid nourishment other than pure water) for over two weeks, the body consumes things which make odours.
I only fasted for as long as four days for several years, and as our teacher, Franklin Hall promised, my feet no longer smelled bad, no matter how long I wore my socks!

I think that the bacteria or fungi that cause the familiar rotten smell need surplus carbohydrates in the tissues (it takes three days of fasting to deplete them,) to be able to survive, or else they just die off.

When supposed Christians, who boast of fasting for prolonged periods themselves, do not report such side-effects, I know they were lying about their fasting.  (People who claim to have fasted over three days, never leaving their church- seven days in one such case- break their fast with a normal meal- rice and dodo. That is not possible, and if it does not kill you, it will sure as anything feel like it! grin)

Before you try this sort of a fast, you must consult real expert advice, by people who have done it themselves- not people who think they know what happens in a fast, or just read books.
i learnt from you today . thank you for sharing
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ancel(m): 5:43am On Jan 05, 2010
@oaroloye: If you fast for extensive periods, prepare to start battling mouth-odour (halitosis). If you don't believe me, ask Mahatma Gandhi. No disrespect on the great man, but due to his extensive fasts, his mouth was always reading 100% on the Mama-gee sniff-scale.  grin And that was why he was known as the super-calloused, fragile mystic, hexed by halitosis  shocked shocked

Gotta love this little skit of a poem

Super calloused fragile mystic
hexed by halitosis.
Even though the sound of it
is something quite atrocious.
If you say it loud enough,
you're sure to sound precocious.
Super calloused fragile mystic
hexed by halitosis!

cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by AnidiobiChima: 5:45am On Jan 05, 2010
You're jobless indeed!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by otukpo(f): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2010
It is wrong to say most Nigerian men have bad body odour.
It is only a tiny fraction of them u cld say, and u'll see dt they are the dirty ones.
Most naija men i've come close to, smell fresh and good.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Hauwa1: 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2010
@
gidson12, ewu meeeeee, send me your postal address for shipping them to you. i think you were the one mamagee met. ezigbo ewu ofala!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Half-human, Half-goat Baby In Jigawa / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. / Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.