Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State (37968 Views)

Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic / Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe / Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by exlinkleads(f): 10:28am On Apr 10, 2017
National Youths Service Corps, NYSC, Enugu State has been thrown into mourning over the weekend following the drowning of a female corps members at a hotel swimming pool. The yet to be identified corps member allegedly drowned on Saturday at a hotel swimming pool at Ugwuoba community in Oji River Local Government Area of Enugu State.

According to Daily Post, the Enugu State Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Ebere Amaraizu, (SP), who confirmed this in a statement on made available on Sunday, disclosed that the Command had arrested two persons in connection with the incident.

According to Amaraizu, “a group of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members had gone to a hotel at Ugwuoba in Enugu State identified as Hotel De Oranzi Resort, Agungwu Ugwuoba for swimming. “In the ensuing swimming rendezvous amongst the celebrating corps members, one of them whose name is yet to be established allegedly got drowned.

“She was later rescued and rushed to General Hospital, Amaku in Awka, Anambra State, (since Oji River Local Government Area shares boundary with Awka) for medical attention but was confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.”

Amaraizu said that the body of the deceased corps member had been deposited at the hospital morgue, adding that the police had intensified efforts to establish the full identity of the deceased corps member. “The two persons nabbed in connection with the incident are helping the police operatives in their investigation,’’ he said.

May her soul rest in peace

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/04/tragic-female-corps-member-drowns-in.html

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by iyamchee(m): 10:35am On Apr 10, 2017
Chei......
I was planning to go swimming today oh......
RIP...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Buharimustgo: 11:18am On Apr 10, 2017
Rip,please if you don't know how to swim,there is no need to form about it,make sure you adopt safety measures

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by YelloweWest: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2017
Corpers are just dying like rate these days

8 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by IMASTEX: 11:55am On Apr 10, 2017
Wow
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by HRich(m): 11:55am On Apr 10, 2017
Unblieveble, i think the Hotel management should be arrested if they fail to past beside the pool the deepness thereoff, Hotels shouldn't and don't have above 5fit deep pool, but if this one have more than that, it should be closed down..

4 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by ichommy(m): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2017
My Thought are with the victim Family. cry

2 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by felo812000(m): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2017
RIP
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Chidizman(m): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2017
Bad news everyday! Smh angry
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Hades2016(m): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2017
This is why I don't swim cuz I don't know how to swim ... RIP to the dead

4 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by kittykollinxx(m): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2017
RIP to the dead. I think this year records highest number of dead corpers

3 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by maxiuc(m): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2017
whatda fuuucck

2 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Juell(m): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2017
shocked why are corpers just dying anyhow, seems at least a corper dies every week.

8 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by MrGreenMavro: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2017
angry
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by paschal47(m): 11:58am On Apr 10, 2017
I wouldn't forget my first experience in a pool, I went out with friends to swim in a hotel and when we were registering one of my friends asked me, can you swim? I stupidly answered, I started swim in my mother's womb thinking a pool is just like the normal stuffs we do then when we pour water into a very large bowl and sit inside, it was when I entered into the pool and my leg slipped that I understood the reality of life, I nearly died from choking that day.

Long story cut short, don't you ever go to a pool if you cannot swim and please don't drink before swimming

RIP to her and my condolences to her family.

23 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by lilfreezy: 11:58am On Apr 10, 2017
shocked
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by soberdrunk(m): 11:58am On Apr 10, 2017
Nigeria police can like to form "FBI" when it comes to 'obvious' cases, if its a real 'murder' case that requires forensic investigation they will become 'boyscouts' angry

11 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by HerExcellency0(f): 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
Damn, sad news for the family.. Enugu state, what is happening, we are losing corpers alot
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by corneredlove(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
sun re o!

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

lesson: don't do what yu can't do.
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by nurria(f): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
What is really happening?why are coppers dying like this after all the struggling in school.May God deliver all the serving coppers IJN,Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by HRich(m): 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
iyamchee:
Chei...... I was planning to go swimming today oh...... RIP...
Your luck and hers may not be the same.
There's 2fit pool for those who can't swim,
There's 3fit Pool for those who are just learning,
There's 5fit pool for those who thinks they can/know how to swim,
There's then 10fit for the real swimmers.
And Please always go to the Pool with a Friend, (A very Good Friend)

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by FavoredGuy: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by TinaAnita(f): 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
YelloweWest:
Corpers are just dying like rate these days

Because they are humans just like every other person
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by ipobarecriminals: 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
Stay away from pool if u dnt knw how to swim.Dnt go form.it is well
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
This is serious. May God grant her soul an eternal rest & comfort the bereaved family.
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by Desdola(m): 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
RIP to her
Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by lonelydora: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
What is really happening to corpers in Nigeria?

If you know you can't swim, why try to impress people who you know can swim better than you? This is the reason I don't attend any Beach party or poolside party. I can't swim and don't fell shy about it.

Cowards live longer than Brave people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by TinaAnita(f): 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
Was the victim forced to swim? If you don't know how to swim steer clear of swimming pool or ask people to teach you without pretending. I don't know how to swim so I don't have any business with a swimming pool.

5 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by fashrola(m): 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
HRich:
Unblieveble, i think the Hotel management should be arrested if they fail to past beside the pool the deepness thereoff, Hotels shouldn't and don't have above 5fit deep pool, but if this one have more than that, it should be closed down..

What if the hotel management pasted a notice around the swimming pool warning prospective swimmers about their policy using their swimming pool? Cos ive seen lot of hotels with such policy at their poolside (I don't know if there's any legal backing regards to that)

I think hotels with swimming pools from 5ft and above should employ services of lifeguard

It takes approximately 2 -3 minutes to lose consciousness and 5-10 minutes to die... I wonder why she wasn't saved by fellow swimmers in the pool

I've seen and swimmed in Olympic size swimming pools even during my STCW training.. Water ain't a joking place anybody should toy with even you are professional swimmer.

2 Likes

Re: Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State by paskyboy: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
RIP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC-UPDATE:for Those Who Miss The Nationwide Headcount(photo) / What Business Can I Do with N500k, Advice Pls / Corps Member Collapses During Swearing-in Ceremony In Jos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.