Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears (24344 Views)

Sin S1: Another Contender For The Ugliest Car At Geneva Motor Show / Aston Martin Unveils ₦7.6m Bicycle, Would You Buy It?(Photos) / This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by AutoReportNG: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
Whilst bicycle design is being continuously stretched to its limits, rarely do designers stray too far from the traditional three components—frame, wheels, and chain. By forgoing one of those essential elements—the name is a slight giveaway as to which one—the ‘chainless’ bicycle is reinventing the mold of bike design. Powered by tungsten steel gears instead of a rusty metal chain, the foldable model offsets the need to routinely tighten a chain, not to mention the problems of broken links, irritating chain skipping sounds, and caught up shoelaces.

Created by Sean Chan, the chainless wants to bring back the excitement of riding a bike. Using Shimanoo gear transition, the model is able to work it’s way around tiny corners and sharp turns, even giving the rider the capacity to cycle in a tight, 360-degree circle. By swapping a traditional chain for abrasion and heat-resistant tungsten steel gears alongside full system disk brakes, chainless sacrifices uneccessary parts in favor of increased agility.

The lightweight bike is also available in a foldable version, that can fit into the trunk of any car yet goes from portability to riding mode in less that 15 seconds. the ‘chainless’ uses ‘lock-n-go’ technology, which does exactly what you’d imagine—simply unfold the bike, lock it into place, and you’re good to go. With magnesium allow wheels and a built-in kickstand, the chainless S1 simply reduces the classic bike to its most essential elements. Founder and creator Sean Chan neatly epitomize the design, summing up that ’hopping on a chainless bike will give the rider a sense of freedom where other bikes fail to do.’

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/04/the-chainless-s1-bicycle-gets-its-power.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by AutoReportNG: 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
Technology has gone hay-wired..

I think this has to do with gears and fiction

See more pictures and video here

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/04/the-chainless-s1-bicycle-gets-its-power.html

1 Like

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by obafemee80(m): 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wetin technology go cause grin

You have to be a good thinker and also be in an enabling enviroment before you can design this kind of bicycle...

7 Likes

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Originalsly: 10:50am On Apr 11, 2017
Hmmmm..... so this is what I actually saw recently folded inside a car..VW GTi....I first thought it was a folding bike... but then saw only two wheels... no chain... so figured it was some kind of hand truck... luggage cart... what the hell!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by faithfancy: 6:59am On Apr 12, 2017
Cool,

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Turks: 6:59am On Apr 12, 2017
Short of words.. shocked

1 Like

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Okemmuo(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2017
Booked
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Lukenitheooo6(m): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2017
nice bike but expensive more than most cars

4 Likes

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by LOVEGINO(m): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2017
Una don wake again abi
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Aystarz: 7:03am On Apr 12, 2017
The wonders of science.
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by sakalisis(m): 7:04am On Apr 12, 2017
shocked cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by policy12: 7:06am On Apr 12, 2017
Hmmm good environment good thinking then creativity at its best...

This can be from naija where we busy they think of political instability, jungle justice, insecurities, Jamb palaver, Buhari health, Dino certificate gate, Niger Delta and Ipob, and many more. With all this issues how can a citizen think straight.

4 Likes

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Dosmay(m): 7:06am On Apr 12, 2017
i get dis kind bicycle at home self
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:07am On Apr 12, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmmm..... so this is what I actually saw recently folded inside a car..VW GTi....I first thought it was a folding bike... but then saw only two wheels... no chain... so figured it was some kind of hand truck... luggage cart... what the hell!

chai! You can lie sha.
Where did you see it? Something that is yet to be sold commercially.

1 Like

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by thecommunist(m): 7:08am On Apr 12, 2017
Interesting , the gear component will have to be up to 3 or 4 toothed wheels and the size variations of the gear wheels will be large to be able to achieve the desired speed. I'm guessing power/torque will have to be sacrificed for speed or vice versa. Either way them try.

1 Like

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by 0b10010011: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2017
Ordering for one right away.......!

Should help with my old age.....
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by mebad(m): 7:10am On Apr 12, 2017
Bobbyjay001:

chai! You can lie sha.

Savage
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Ezedon(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2017
Technology
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 12, 2017
Lukenitheooo6:
nice bike but expensive more than most cars
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Pablo212: 7:23am On Apr 12, 2017
Cos tungsten does not wear easily, or never wears.. only diamond can cut tungsten.

1 Like

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by burkingx(f): 7:25am On Apr 12, 2017
cheesy......hmmm !!! Make kukuma go change my own angry

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by ibkgab001: 7:26am On Apr 12, 2017
FTC
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by menxer: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2017
I bet it's going to a single gear bike
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by burkingx(f): 7:27am On Apr 12, 2017
Serious shocked shocked shocked

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Expsbterror(m): 7:29am On Apr 12, 2017
But wait what's d fun of a bicycle when u can't paddle it.

My opinion, this guts just ruined the best dad moments a man could have.

1 Like

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by lastmessenger: 7:31am On Apr 12, 2017
policy12:
Hmmm good environment good thinking then creativity at its best...

This can be from naija where we busy they think of political instability, jungle justice, insecurities, Jamb palaver, Buhari health, Dino certificate gate, Niger Delta and Ipob, and many more. With all this issues how can a citizen think straight.
look at the brighter side of life. U can always see another perspective to the whole issue
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by BlowBack: 7:32am On Apr 12, 2017
Bobbyjay001:

chai! You can lie sha.

Too many details reveal the lie.

He even bothered to tell us the make and model of the car he saw the bike being unfolded from.

2 Likes

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by BlowBack: 7:33am On Apr 12, 2017
Expsbterror:
But wait what's d fun of a bicycle when u can't paddle it.

My opinion, this guts just ruined the best dad moments a man could have.

The paddle is on the back wheel
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by rexlims(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2017
faithfancy:
Cool,

Meanwhile Barca fans when they meet Madrid and Arsenal fans on their way to work today

Man i don laff fall from chair dis morning... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by lite15(m): 7:43am On Apr 12, 2017
It's still have two tires
I'm not impressed !!!
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by Expsbterror(m): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2017
BlowBack:

The paddle is on the back wheel

Means the bike would be short in length

This bike model is not replicating the traditional one. It's like the new model 3310 vs the old one.
Re: The Chainless S1 Bicycle Gets Its Power From Tungsten Steel Gears by oyienootieno: 7:49am On Apr 12, 2017
All these many English just to tell us adult bicycle is now like the 1-3 years old children bicycle that does not use chain.... The pedal is attached to the rare tyre so nothing spectacular about it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Photos of Things People Use To Repair Their Cars / What You Should Do If You Mistakenly Swallow Fuel / Which Part Of A Car Do You Admire The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.