Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,865 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:09 AM

Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) (36208 Views)

The Lies And The Truths: Economic State Of Ile-ife, Nigeria / The Divorce Papers / Lies From Pretty Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by ololade91(f): 9:01am On Apr 30, 2017
Stevenbright:

Like your other stories, this is becoming very interesting! If i may ask, have you already published your completed books through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing?
is it a must u quote a whole episode...nawa oo
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by wizsolzy(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2017
Nice story u gat here..Kip it up... By d way were is d world sexiest bae..bimberry1307 I HV NT seen her a while

1 Like

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Angelsss(f): 11:53am On May 01, 2017
‘you don’t look too well, can I make you tea’? Sly stole a glance at his wife , she was fidgety like something was eating her up…

He poured himself a drink and pondered on Ben’s words earlier, Maybe his cousin was right, maybe he needed to give her space…he was the one who hurt her not the other way round….he would do just that but he prayed deep down nothing happened to their marriage…

Thankfully, the conference in Port Harcourt was starting in two days time….that would give Amaka enough time to heal…

‘I’m fine Sly….still not talking to you…’ she replied…

‘I know I know…that’s why I am leaving….’ He replied curtly…

‘you’re leaving? What’s that supposed to mean? ’she looked up at him immediately, what did he mean by ‘leaving’? was he about to divorce her?

‘it’s a one week conference ….i will be back…don’t miss me too much…’ he gulped his drink and left for the room…he was going to give her all the time she needed…

She was speechless, how would she stay in such a big house alone? This would be the first time Sly would be travelling without her or the baby, he always took them both on each trip…

She shrugged and relaxed on the couch, this was all she needed, alone time to think about her marriage…and Ben’s kiss, she didn’t know what to do with that Zee hadn’t told her what to do …should she tell Sly? But what if Ben had no intentions? What if it was pure and natural or impulsive? Maybe she should talk to him…but she needed to get his number first from Sly and that meant talking to him…
No, that would be too much an option, so she decided to take the easy way out…

‘Sly can I use your phone and surf the web for a minute? ’she hoped he would buy this…but she needed to talk to Ben soon…

Her phone vibrated against the table and she quickly picked it up….it was Edima…

‘hi girl how are you doing? Amy was pleased to hear her friend’s voice

‘Amaka, I’m fine….Zee told me you guys met today…Lola eventually showed up…’ Edima responded feeling quite lonely at the other end…

‘yea, so Zee mentioned stuff about the guy you told us about…do you mind letting me in’? Amaka asked…

‘well nothing much, I met him in church on Sunday, surprised?’ she asked her friend …

‘wow, are you sure he isn’t a stalker? Amaka replied…

‘funny, no, he came with a lady whom he introduced to me as his bestfriend …she didn’t like me, I could tell from the look of her face at church…’Edima sighed and wondered what next she could do, Zainab had adevised her to let it go but she couldn’t..
She’d torn his complementary card no doubt and that was very foolish of her…he still occupied her thoughts which confused her the more as she barely knew this guy…

‘best friend? Okay…so what went wrong’? Amy inquired…

‘well, i waited for his call for hours then I finally summoned courage and called him, only for June to pick the phone and warn me to back off, that Omale is in a relationship…I felt so horrible and embarrassed like I threw myself at him…’

‘who is June again’? Amaka felt like squashing her skull for making Edima feel thiw miserable

‘his bestfriend…I don’t know what to do Amy, I can’t seem to get this guy out of my mind…please tell me I amk going crazy…I need help …someone whou couldn’t even call me…’ she was already sobbing at the other end…when she’d finally gotten over Fred, she’d fallen for someone who was n0t serious about her…she had been a fool..

‘hey, don’t do that to yourself…. If Omale is really meant for you, he’ll come around somehow…okay? Meanwhile something happened to me…..’ she paused not knowing how to begin…

‘yes? Have you finally forgiven Sly’? Edima sounded hopeful…

‘arhhh why is everybody asking me that’? she closed her eyses…

‘so what is it’? Edima pressed on…

‘I kissed Benson …Sly’s cousin…’

‘are you serious? Have you told Sylvester about this?’

‘no, I don’t know, it’s better he doesn’t find out…the thing is after that kiss with Ben, I expected to feel angry or guilty but I actually enjoyed it…’ she pressed her fingertips to her lips…

‘uh uh, I don’t like this one Amy…it’s not good to keep things like this from your husband, why on earth would his cousin kiss you….?’

‘ I don’t know…I’m just so confused…maybe I should talk to him, what do you think’?
‘that’s not a good idea, stay as far as possible from that guy, you should probably hate him right now…’

‘okay, take care…’ Amy brought the call to an end as the scent of Sly’s cologne sifted through her brain…

‘hi…’ she forced a smile as he approached her and she suddenly felt afraid…what if he had listened to her conversation?
Anger clouded his face….she hadn’t been aware that he’d listened to her call…

‘did you have sex with my cousin’? pain seared his heart, how could Amaka betray him in such a way? and to think she’d been acting so self righteous made it worse?

‘God no Sly, how could you even think of that…I haven’t known him for week…..what happened today was a mistake…I can explain…’ she rushed for words, Sly had hear wrong…she could never do something like that to him…

‘I now understand why you accepted his gift and rejected mine….how could you do this to me Amy…yet I begged you to forgive me for just one mistake with Doyin and you made me feel like the worst person on earth…now look at this’? he gestured with his hands….

‘Honey please, it’s not what you think….she felt helpless…what was she to do now’?

‘you know what? If you were never going to forgive me…I remember you said you’ll cheat on me too…but I never expected you to do it with my cousin…Ben of all people? I hate you Ada…’ he threw his hands up and left to fetch his briefcase….

She rushed behind him, speaking words of apologies but he wouldn’t hear none of it…

‘you’re happy now right? We’re finally even…you cheated, I cheated…’ he packed more clothes into his suit case…

‘can you hear me out Sly? Please I never cheated on you with Ben…I had no thoughts of cheating on you…I love you very much Sly…I was just hurt by your betrayal but I swear…I didn’t cheat…’ she held his hands softly…

‘but you kissed him’? he watched her face intently…

‘he kissed me Sly….what are you getting at’? she was frustrated…

‘you let him kiss you…God knows what you both do behind my back….i hate you so much…you betrayed me Amaka yet you act like a saint…’ he resumed packing more clothes…

‘why don’t you call him and find out the truth …please…’ she begged…

‘no, I wouldn’t do something as stupid as that….i’m off to the airport…when I’m back…we’ll get a divorce…’ he straightened and faced her…

Was she telling the truth? His heart raced…did she really love him? This was the time to test her words…

‘Sly I am sorry, it was only a kiss, I swear….’ Tears streamed down her face…

‘you call it ‘only’?...just stay here…as for Ben am going to kill him’

The bar was scanty, many people hadn’t come out to drink….it was a bit strange, Blue mountains lodge was one of the classy hotels in the state…

‘What can we get you sir?’ the waitress wore this plastic smile but he wasn’t in the mood to flirt so he waved her off…

‘I’m waiting for somebody….when she’s here, I’ll call you’ he smiled at her….

He’d gotten home after the meeting with Farida but Zainab had left a note that she’d gone to the market…his heart raced….what if Farida had any plans of exposing their love affair to Zainab?, he would be ruined, she would never trust him again and that meant that their marriage would be over …

‘shit happens…’ he sighed and tapped his hands on the table…

It was getting late and there wasn’t any sign of Lola…had she changed her mind about the date? He wondered what she’d wanted to discuss so urgently…

‘get me a bottle of brandy….and some ice…’ he may damn well make good use of his time while waiting for her…

She was hesitant at first, couldn’t she tell him over the phone? That she’d lost interest in him and the relationship wasn’t working….she couldn’t face Abdul…

And to think she’d betrayed her friend in the whole process hurt her more deeply….but she had to do this….she had to end things with him…

‘what the hell is this’? smoke filled her nostrils as she stepped into the living room….. she didn’t know he had returned home….the devil she’d fallen in love with…

‘what the hell are you trying to do? Do you want to raise a fire’? she yelled and coughed loudly…

‘I was trying to fix us dinner, baked chicken and popcorn….i don’t know how the oven became too hot and …I’m sorry I ruined it…’ he presented a tray with a burnt duck….

Though she found the sight of him irritating, though she hated him with her whole being, she had to force down the laughter….what was Femi doing? He’d never cooked his entire life…

He wore a chef’s dress and some gloves with a large tray of burnt dog…

Without uttering a word, she rushed and opened the windows…seeing him like that melted all the resolve she had…

‘hey, I am sorry I ruined our dinner….can I take you out…’? Femi pulled of the gloves and stared at his wife, she was still angry no doubt, who wouldn’t be?

‘on a date? Please say something baby…I really wanna make it up to you…’ her silence scarec him, something had snapped in Lola…she looked different…though physically she was still the same woman he knew, but he felt the difference…and he hoped it could still work out with them both…

‘sorry I’m taken…’ she walked away briskly….what game was Femi trying to play….

‘taken? You’re still my wife Lola and I’ll always be your husband….’ He felt jealous….Lola was very attractive and he wondered whom she was going out with…

‘just get out of this house and return to wherever…I am still waiting for those divorce papers…I don’t need you, I don’t need this marriage…just go Femi…you have nothing more to offer…remember how you called me barren? Maybe you were right…just go and pitch your tent elsewhere…’ she hissed and turned her back on him…

‘no, I want to pitch my tent here…I want only you….forgive me for all I ever said to you, the things I did were unforgivable …but I know your heart still beats for me…and I’m willing to wait but I wouldn’t allow you go have a date with another man while I’m still around…’ he walked slowly towards her…

‘shut up Femi, you don’t have that right, that ended the day you started bringing your whores home, now it’s my time to enjoy…you know what? This guy bleeps me so good…better than you ever did…so stay the hell away from me…’ she sneered to his face …

‘wow, I see, I have competition…I would leave you be after you answer one question….’ He was hurt by her words…
‘what question?’ she wondered what went on in his head as a wild grin embraced his face….

‘this question….’ He pulled her closer to him and brought his soft mouth on hers….

She struggled against him, whirling to resist this man she believed herself to hate but she couldn’t get away from him, couldn’t get away from the sweetness that filled her belly…

He deepened the kiss by launching his tongue on her lips and biting them softly, her moans were soft, enticing, wanting and he was ready to give her more….

‘I think I’ve found my answer, you still love me…you still get affected by my charms….’ He pulled away from her without warning and left her shaken and alone…

‘get away from me, you bastard…’ she cursed….

‘yea, I’ve heard that before….you’re free to go see whoever, but make sure you’re breaking up with him this night because next time…I wouldn’t let you go that way….’ his eyes darkened with jealousy as he imagined another man’s hands on Lola’s body….

‘whatever…loser’ she hissed an

d and banged the door loudly…

‘we’ll see about that…’ he forced the images out of his head, he would follow her and teach the bastard a lesson….

His heart flamed with a new found desire for his wife, kissing her had brought back old memories…and he wanted more of that… that trip to France had changed his whole life…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Alennsar(f): 3:42pm On May 01, 2017
sighs **hum***
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 01, 2017
Getting more interesting.....
Following....

Nice 1 @Angelsss

1 Like

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Raychellasam(f): 11:01am On May 02, 2017
I love how this story is going mehn....I was beginning to get tired of Sly's apology, good thing he knows the truth...he can divorce Amaka for all I care, she's too stubborn for my liking....Lola, I pity the dumb girl, should we say her husband pushed her? Maybe ...My dear angelsss, your stories are always Tight # in Wonu's voice-
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by ADNAR(f): 2:40pm On May 02, 2017
Following
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by bimberry1307(f): 11:49am On May 03, 2017
wizsolzy:
Nice story u gat here..Kip it up... By d way were is d world sexiest bae..bimberry1307 I HV NT seen her a while
present, already. I've been busy ni jare, boo of life. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by bimberry1307(f): 11:54am On May 03, 2017
I hope this Abdul will not put himself in trouble. first, his wife is suspecting him and now, femi is gonna be stalking him. amy, hmmm! your case tire me. now the table has turn kwa? oya, make we see how e go roll na.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Milliano007(m): 2:29pm On May 03, 2017
Lola is the Queen of the story.......I pray she should ball well this time coz her husband said he won't allow her to leave next time......#BallerCrew
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by kevwe10(f): 5:35pm On May 03, 2017
nice story more update pls
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by nikz(f): 12:09pm On May 04, 2017
Wooh!!! Captivating
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Angelsss(f): 2:26pm On May 04, 2017
‘I’m so sorry I am late….’ She stormed into the bar hoping nobody would recognize them here….Femi’s kiss had unsettled her and plunged her into reminisce …those sweet old days when their love had seemed so perfect and he’d ruined it, he’d ruined her…how else would she have gotten herself involved with Abdul but for Femi…

He’d neglected her, he’d pushed her away and she had fallen into a ditch ….

‘no problem….’ He stretched and kissed her soft lips…he was already hard for her…he couldn’t wait to take her to bed…

‘uhmm, there’s something we should discuss Abdul…I went to see Zainab today…’ Lola pressed her hands to her skirt to prevent them from shaking….

‘you don’t sound too happy, what happened’? he snapped his fingers and a waiter came to their table…

‘oh, I am not hungry, I could have some juice…’ she smiled politely….

‘okay, go on, I’m listening….’ Abdul relaxed against the chair…

‘Femi is back and he doesn’t want the divorce anymore….’ She started and stopped as humor filled his eyes…

‘don’t tell me you’re that stupid Lola…so you’re trying to say we should end this because your foolish husband wants you back….’ He chuckled softly…

She was stunned by his use of words, it only unfolded many layers of Abdul she hadn’t known about….

‘yes, he wants me back…he says he wants our marriage to work and I’ll give him a shot…we cannot see each other again Abdul…it felt so wrong when I visited your wife and looked her in the eyes…that’s what this was all about…’ she waited for him to speak…

‘so you’re dumping me? For a husband who neither cares nor loves you….whatever, you’ll come running into my arms once again…and I’ll still take you back….but I wouldn’t let you go just yet…’ he reached out for her hands…

‘I don’t understand…’ she tried to pull her hands away from the man that looked so kind before…

‘let’s make love one last time…let me give you something you’ll never forget….’

‘no, I am not interested and this is over between us…goodbye Abdul….’ Lola rose to her feet…

‘I’ll tell Zee about us, I’ll tell her you seduced me….’ He waited for her reaction….

‘you dare not you psycho…’ she stamped her fist on the table and it shook, was he trying to blackmail her into sleeping with him?

‘we shall see Lola….’

His words echoed in her brain and she shivered as she walked towards her car, what had she gotten herself into?

She had to talk to someone, what was she to do? Abdul was serious, she’d seen the determination build up on his face…it would be his word against hers’ and Lola was so sure her husband could do no wrong…

‘I see who the other man is, and here we are actually doing the same things….’ A familiar baritone voice brought those words to life…

‘Femi!’ she gasped and quickly wiped the tears that had fallen on her cheeks….

‘I saw when he kissed you…so you have been sleeping with your friend’s husband? I’m a bit disappointed in you Lola…I thought Zee was your friend…’ he was shocked…

‘yes I slept with my friend’s husband….it’s so easy for you to say,when you pushed me away…it just happened….i was so lonely….’ She sobbed and placed her head on the car…what had she gotten herself into?

The words dripped on him like light showers from the clouds and there was no escaping….he’d come up to judge her, to spite her…but she was right…he’d been horrible…the only thing he could do was to help her out of the situation….

‘I am sorry Lola…please forgive me….i shouldn’t have left you alone…you were my wife, you still are…’ he walked towards her and rubbed her shoulders that shook from her sobbing…

This time was different, she didn’t push him away, she let him hug her…she only wept on his shoulders…she wept for what she was about to lose, her friendship with Zainab….

‘so what transpired between you two…he made you angry, I could see it from where I stood…’ he finally spoke as she became calm ….

‘he…he threatened to tell Zee that I seduced him when I told him we should stop seeing each other…’ her voice was shaky…

Like she was afraid to speak the words…

‘did you seduce him’? his bit his lips as regret filled his belly…why had he asked such a question…

‘no,it just happened so fast, Zainab is going to hate me forever….’ She inhaled deeply like her whole life depended on that moment…

‘no, she wouldn’t hate you….you made a mistake yes, which is all my fault…the person at fault is Abdul, he no morals…you did nothing wrong baby…I’ll stand by you no matter what happens…’ he kissed her forehead…

‘I am so scared of losing my friendship with the other girls, if they get to hear about my affair with Abdul, they will never be friends with me again….’she was terrified…

‘no…if they really loved you and cared about you, they would stand by you no matter what…’ he added…

‘so what should I do Femi…I feel so bad…I wish someone could take this pain away…’tears welled up in her eyes….

‘we have to tell Zee the truth….that way we beat her brute of a husband to his game….’he replied…

‘we?’ her heart fluttered…his kindness melted all her bitterness….

‘yes we, you and I are one…I love you…everything would be fine….’
It had been a week and she hadn’t called him, what bothered him was the mysterious way her number vanished from his phone, he was quite sure he’d saved it…

Maybe June was right, maybe he was forcing himself on her…he sighed and took off his lab coat and settled on the chair…

‘Edima Bassey’ though his heart was filled with doubts, he still believed in her…he still thought about her…she was a total stranger yet he felt he’d known much about her all his life…

‘hello doctor…I bought you lunch….’ June stormed into his office excitedly…

‘hello, I don’t think I feel like having anything….’ Omale replied and dropped his phone angrily….

‘what’s pissing you off’? June dropped the bags she carried and walked closer to him, she knew this man so well, she knew what made him happy and what made him sad…

‘she hasn’t called me June…I don’t know…and I’ve searched for her number all day…I cannot seem to find it…I don’t know what to do…’ he replied…

‘I don’t mean to offend you but forget that lady, she isn’t ready for you…she would’ve called you back if she had any iota of interest in you…’ June’s words made him feel worse….what if she was already in a relationship? What if he was building a castle in the air?

‘I really liked her…’ his words were true …

‘nice, my birthday comes up soon….you should take me for shopping or movies or a picnic…’ She was quite excited, this would give her more time to spend with Omale…but it still hurt her that he was blind to her love for him…

‘yeaa, I haven’t forgotten…’ Omale watched her carefully, it was a bit strange, why would she want to spend time with him when she had a fiancé….

‘he broke up with me…’ she blurted out as if reading his thoughts…

‘what’?

‘yes, I prefer we don’t talk about it….’ June lied….how could she tell Omale the truth, that she had never had any boyfriend? That she’d waited for him all this while and he was blind to her charms…

‘I’ll respect that June….’ He nodded.

‘you know what I’m thinking? Remember the pastor’s wife knew her and the late husband….maybe I should go over there and ask for her address …’ Omale couldn’t get her out of his mind….

‘don’t tell me you’re stuck on someone who doesn’t feel the same…I wouldn’t advise you to do that…it’s not appropriate….just forget her and move on with your life…there are other pretty women out there…you just have to look…’ she gestured with her hands…

‘I guess it’s me and you then…like old times….when shall we ever find love June’? he walked towards the window…

‘soon Omale, soon….’ She wished he could look at her the way he’d Edima…why couldn’t his eyes darken with desire when he gazed upon her?

‘SLY FOUND OUT I KISSED BEN AND HE LEFT THE HOUSE, I’VE BEEN TRYING TO REACH HIM…BUT HE WOULDN’T PICK UP HIS PHONE….AM LOST ZEE, WHAT SHOULD I DO’? the text she’d received from her friend had startled her…

The turnout of things didn’t favor Amaka, this was going to be a difficult one….what if Sly had other notions inside his head? What if he also thought Amaka had cheated on him with his cousin?

‘babe…you’re up early….’ Abdul rolled to her side of the bed and kissed her gently…

‘yes, I’m pondering on something….’ She kissed him back….

‘what if we hang out today? Watch a movie, eat out’? he nuzzled her ear, he had to stay calm….so many things went through his mind…

‘let’s eat out….you know I am not a fan of movies…’ she smiled….her husband was such a romantic man…

‘that’s so sweet of you…when last did you hear from Lola?’ he was being cunning …her break-up from him the week before hit him hard and he lived in fear….what if she confessed to his wife? Now she was back with Femi anything could happen…maybe it was time for him to act on his threats…

‘strangely, she hasn’t called me for a week now…I should probably call her after I fix breakfast…’ She wondered what went on with her friend…had she decided to stay with Femi?

‘okay…just asking…let me use the bathroom….’ He excused himself….

‘what is wrong with this girl’? he forced his eyes shut….Why had Farida disturbed his line for a full week? Didn’t she understand something as simple as ‘it is over between us’…he couldn’t have anyone bring ruin to his marriage…

‘can I help you? I thought we were clear on this? Don’t you call me or pay my family a visit’ she irritated him…

‘Abdul, the changes in my body are evident, you need to do something before my father finds out or I am dead…’ she pleaded with him…

‘do what exactly? I’ve told you to get rid of what you have inside you…I can never be its father…I don’t want you…just leave me be…’

‘it’s not that easy….do you want to do this or not? Let me have your final answer…’she pressed on…

‘go to hell Farida…’ he ended the call and turned on the water…he needed to think, he needed to clear his head about Lola…what would he do to her? She couldn’t humiliate him that way and go scot free….’

He’d told her he had gone for a meeting,but on his return her had a strange perfume on him and it baffled her the more, but she couldn’t face him….

Her fears heightened as the day passed, Abdul was hiding something from her, within a twinkle of an eye, everything had changed…

‘YOU SHOULD MEET UP WITH LOLA AND EDIMA, TELL THEM ABOUT THIS AND LISTEN TO THEIR ADVICE, BUT IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD PRAY REALLY HARD AND KEEP CALLING SLY, I WOULDN’T ADVISE YOU TO BRING BEN TO THIS, THOUGH HE INITITIATED THE KISS, KEEP HIM OUT OF IT BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNEW HIS INTENTIONS FROM THE BEGINNING. I’M GOING ON THIS MAD DATE WITH ABDUL, GOING TO MISS YOU GIRLS…LV YA.’ She texted Amy back, feeling pain for the young woman…

‘you’re back…’ she jerked up…

‘yes…I’m back, so where were we’? he winked and crawled to where she sat on the bed…

‘what did he say’? her cousin asked immediately she dropped the phone carelessly on the table…

‘he says he cannot support the child…what do I do Faruk? I’m so scared of having an abortion, when I remember how Faiza my bestfriend bled to death from abortion….i find it difficult so even consider that option and father would kill me if her finds out…’

‘you have to tell his wife then….meanwhile here are the pictures from last week…’ he handed his cousin the pictures…

‘he is such a bastard….i would ruin him’ her words were bitter…

‘you have to let his wife know about the pregnancy ...’ Faruk beckoned to a waitress….

‘what would I achieve from ruining his marriage? Abdul lied to me, he never loved me…even if he marries me, I’ll be a sorrowful woman till my death…’ she exhaled slowly…

‘it doesn’t matter, let him face this responsibility….i fear for you if the Imam should find out…’

‘I pray he doesn’t, I really pray he doesn’t’

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by SirGoldEjike(m): 7:02pm On May 04, 2017
Classic!! Dear keep it up! You will go Places
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Alennsar(f): 9:07pm On May 04, 2017
the daughter of an imam
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by bimberry1307(f): 10:25am On May 05, 2017
It'll sure do Lola a lot of good if she confess to zee before Abdul beats her to it. nice write up ma'am
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by princessadeola(f): 12:11pm On May 05, 2017
Thank God Lola, re-traced her steps. all she needs to do now is confess to her friend.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by ayanfemotun: 9:44pm On May 05, 2017
I want more of this story. Can't just get enof of it
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Spexo001(m): 11:10am On May 06, 2017
Lola na the actor 4 dis fim bt i still d find boss sha
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Angelsss(f): 3:55pm On May 08, 2017
‘are you sure you can do this on your own’? Femi held her hands with his, he’d felt guilty about the whole damn thing, yes, it was his fault she’d had an affair with Abdul…

‘yes, Lola and Edima would be coming over, I think I should tell them first…I’m so scared….’ She cried as regret filled her once more…

‘do you want me to stay around?’ he asked

‘I would love it if you do, but your appointment is very important , I wouldn’t want you to miss that….’ She blew her nose…

Why couldn’t she ever be happy? When things had been off between her and Femi, Zee was the shoulder she cried on…Zee was her comfort, and now things had turned around for good…she still wasn’t happy with the mistakes she’d made…

‘I would stay baby, I would talk to your friends….if necessary….’ He knew the girls didn’t like him much because of how he’d treated Lola all along the years, but he’d changed and hoped he would be in their good books…

‘I’m really surprised at your sudden change Femi, why are you not judging me for having an affair with Zainab’s husband? Tell me, why are you so nice’? was he fooling her?

‘I am for real, why would I fool you. What would I gain from it’? he wrapped his hands over her, yes the change was sudden, he was even afraid of himself…but the trip to France changed him forever…after what he’d seen in the airport…

‘tell me Femi….why are you so kind’? talking to him made her feel relax, she was happy but not content…she needed Zee’s forgiveness to make everything perfect…

‘okay, I saw a couple at the airport, the woman was blind, she wore shades and held a stick and her husband walked behind her…I’ve heard stories of people marrying invalids but this came as s surprise to me…and I noticed they were happy, chatty and just perfect…then they walked to where I sat and settled beside me…I heard their conversation and it seemed they didn’t have children….the scene really touched me and I knew I had been a fool all along, if a blind woman can make a man happy…what else do we need for us to be happy? We don’t need kids to be happy, we’ll do fine by ourselves…’ he kissed her forehead…

‘I love you Femi…’ she was speechless…he really meant those words…

‘and I could never judge you, though I feel jealous…but you’ve ended things with Abdul…and I’ve done worse things to you…but you must prepare your mind for possibilities…Zainab may never speak to you again, or it may take her a very long time to be friends with you again, to trust you again…are you sure you’re ready’? he asked…

‘yes, I considered that…but it’s worth trying…I need her to see that I am sorry…I had betrayed her and she would hate me for it…but one day, I hope she finds it in her heart to forgive me…’ her voice was shaky…

‘I guess your friends are here….’ as the horn blared …

‘alright, let me go get it…’ she rose up immediately….

‘call me if you need me’ he waved at her, still not ready to face her friends…

‘something bothers you Abdul…what is it’? she noticed her husband was awefully silent…

‘i just have a lot on my mind, it’s about work…but I won’t let that get in the way of our date…’ he kissed her briefly and brought the car to a halt…

‘I’m liking this place already….’ She eyed the classy restaurant admiringly

‘yes, it’s new and guess what?’ he reached for her hands…

‘what darling’? she couldn’t take her eyes off the building….

‘they serve a lot of hausa dishes…let’s go in and enjoy ourselves….we could get icecream for Aisha when we’re done….’ He held her Possesively…
Farida’s call made him feel nervous…why couldn’t she just get rid of the damn pregnancy….she wanted to ruin him….what had he gotten himself into?

‘let’s sit over there….’ Zainab suggested….and they moved to the corner of the large hall….

The restaurant was fairly crowded and the air was scented with a plethora of aromas, Zainab licked her lips excitedly….what more could a woman want? She had everything, the money, the kids and the best husband on earth…

‘I love you honey….’ She stroked his hands….

‘I love you too baby…..what would we have…’? he answered dryly….

Then he blinked as he saw her, his heart raced….and his face went white with shock….was Farida stalking him?
‘are you okay’? Zainab noticed the change in him….without hesitation, she followed his gaze and found him staring at his secretary….

‘isn’t that Farida’? Zee noticed the girl was with a younger man and they were deeply engrossed by whatever they talked about…

‘yes, I wonder what she’s doing out here when she’s supposed to be working….’ He feigned anger…he was damned….what if she decided to spill everything to Zainab right there? he would be damned …

‘let me get something from the car, call the waiter….’ He rose abruptly and walked towards the car….he had to do something, he needed to call Farida and pacify her…he would work out something…’

‘oh, I’ll be waiting…’ Zee wouldn’t tear her eyes of the girl as Abdul walked out…

As if sensing someone had been watching her, she turned and met Zee’s penetrating gaze and she froze.
‘it’s been such a long time honey….i’m glad you’re fine….i hope that crazy Femi isn’t home’? Edima was happy to see her friend who blossomed like a morning rose….

‘shhhhh, he’s around…’Lola whispered to her….

‘yes, they reconciled…you’ve been missing out Edima….’Amaka glanced round the whole place, Sly hadn’t returned her calls and she was dying slowly…she’d decided to drop the baby at the daycare centre…

She would’ve called Ben and told him about the problem…but Zee had advised her not to…the tables had turned, she was now the one begging for mercy…

‘wow, I’m so happy for you…’ Edima bubbled with excitement….

‘why can’t the dude come out and acknowledge us’? Amy still hated his guts…

‘hey slow down….what’s eating you up, he would be out soon….’Lola wondered why Amaka had to be the angry one…

‘Sly found out I kissed Ben and he’s mad at me…he left the house last night…I’ve tried reaching him…I just hope he didn’t leave for the conference angry…’ she explained….

‘oh my God, how did he?’ Edima’s eyes widened with shock….

‘he listened to our call….’ Amaka replied….

‘well that’s not a problem right? You told him Ben kissed you and not the other way round…’? Lola wondered how her friend would feel after hearing about her affair with Abdul…

‘I did…but that infuriated him the more…he thinks I slept with Ben…I don’t know what to do…tell me guys what do you think? Zee says I should stay off the Ben completely and focus on Sly….’

‘let me get you something to drink…’Lola left the duo…

‘are you sure everything is okay down here? has Femi changed for real’? Edima whispered as Lola walked away…

‘I think so….we’re talking about me right now…I need your help…’

‘so do i….i can’t get Omale off my mind…what if June was lying? …I just feel she only did that to scare me off….’ Edima shrugged ….

‘and why would she do that’? Amaka asked….

‘that’s what I don’t know…I would never know…’ Edima’s voice was sad….

‘who is Omale…’? Lola returned with a jug filled with lemonade….

‘Edima’s boyfriend…’Amaka winked……..

‘wow, when did she get herself one’? Lola chuckled softly knowing Amaka and her teasing ways….

‘you guys should tell me what to do about him, I really like this guy….i’ve been searching for him on net…but I haven’t seen much except for his hospital…’

‘he owns a hospital’? Lola was surprised….

‘yes, he is an optical surgeon….’she smiled…

‘then pay him a visit….if you know where the hospital is…why beat round the bush’?Amaka suggested…

‘are you serious? You want me to look desperate?’Edima spilled her drink in shock….

‘I think Amy is right, this is the computer age, what’s the point of dying in silence? If you really like this guy as you claim…then go for it….’ Lola added….

‘wait, I gave him my number….why didn’t he call back’? she asked them….

‘things get complicated….if this June lady picked your call...and warned you to back off, then it’s obvious she must have done something to your number….’Amaka rubbed her face thoughtfully…

‘who is June again’? Lola was a bit lost….

‘you ask too many questions, Just pay him a visit and speak to him in person….that would help…before you develop a heart disease all for a guy…’ Amaka tongued her….

‘can we go together? Please? I’m just so scared…’Edima requested….

‘follow you on your man hunt? That’s absurd, I could only do that if you tell me what to do with Sly…’ Amaka paused and noticed Lola’s absent mindedness…

‘hey, what’s eating you up’? she patted her arm slowly….

‘yea I noticed that too….’ Edima concurred, what if Lola was still fighting with Femi?

‘uhmm….i’m fine…’ she stuttered, all her courage had fled….how could she tell them the truth?

‘no, you are not fine….what is it Lola? I though you told us you’ve reconciled with Femi’? Amy faced her curiously….

‘let’s talk about Sly….’Lola took a deep breath …

‘no, something is wrong with you and you have been acting up…’ Edima shook her head in disagreement

‘okay, this is difficult for me…what I am about to tell you may end our friendship forever….’She swallowed the pain that clogged her throat as heat crept up her neck and she found herself jittery before the two women…

‘this is serious…’Amy dropped her glass and focused on Lola….

‘I slept with Abdul….’ She forced the words out …

‘excuse me’? Edima was the first to speak after few minutes of silence…

‘big joke, not funny….’ Amy resumed her drinking…that sounded untrue…

‘the night I slept over at Zainab’s….we slept together…I am so sorry…I don’t know if you guys could ever forgive me for betraying Zee like this…’ tears streamed down her face…

‘oh my God, she’s serious….’ Amaka’s nostrils flared in confusion….Abdul? no, he was the most perfect man on earth…

‘oh no Lola…how could you knowing very well he was your friend’s husband’? Edima was disappointed….

‘why did you do it’? she continued….

‘I don’t know, I was in a real bad state that night…I had the worst fight with Femi and he told me he was going to divorce me…I felt so lonely and depressed…and it just happened with Abdul’ more tears fell on her face…

‘this is going to hit Zee hard…’Edima rose to her feet and paced the room…

‘it’s okay Lola…I totally understand why you did it…it isn’t your fault…but this would hurt Zee real bad…’ Amy walked up to her and comforted her…

‘I don’t think we should tell Zee….do you know what this means? It could ruin our friendship…’Edima felt pity for Zainab…

‘we have to tell her the truth….we cannot keep this from her…that would be the height of betrayal…’ Amy replied…

‘so how long has this been going on’? Edima was angry with Lola…how could she betray Zee like that?

‘just two weeks…but I ended things with Abdul last night and he threatened to tell Zee I seduced him…’ Lola sniffled…

‘the way you sound isn’t helping matters, do you know what Lola was passing through? People make mistakes so stop acting all holy and help us out here…Abdul is also to blame…and why would he tell Zee you seduced him’? Amaka was a bit irritated by her Edima’s tone….

‘I am sorry Lola for taking sides…but you know how Zee has helped us in one way or the other…I just feel terrible for her….’ Edima apologized and walked up to Lola…

‘so? Should I tell her’? Lola looked from friend to friend…

‘does Femi know about this, because this is also his fault…’? Edima asked…
‘that’s correct’ Amy concurred…

‘yes, I told him last night and he advised me to tell you guys first then Zee…I’m so terrified, what if she hates me forever….’ Lola was visibly shaken…

‘wow, then Femi is actually changed…’ Amy smiled…

‘we would tell her together dear, I’m happy you told us the truth, it shows you are sorry for what you did…as for Abdul…am shocked because he was the perfect specimen of a husband….’ Amy sneered…

‘yes dear, we’ll support you….i think we should head to Zainab’s house …it’s better we do it now….’ Edima suggested…

‘what if Abdul is around? Wouldn’t that ruin their marriage’? Amy asked….

‘no, the least Zee deserves is the truth…but honey prepare yourself…she’s going to be mad at you for a very long time…just get ready for the worst….’ Edima patted her on the shoulder…

‘I think we should leave now, the earlier the better….’ Amaka grabbed her car keys….

‘not without me….’Femi walked towards the trio….

‘wow…look who’s here…’Amaka forced a smile….

‘hello husband of the year….’Edima winked at him….

‘how do you feel now’? Femi waved at the girls ….

‘I feel relieved….i hope I feel better after talking to Zee….’ Lola sighed hopefully….

‘you will honey, you will….’

‘who is she’? Faruk had told her someone had been staring at her….

‘Abdul’s wife….’Farida looked away briefly….then her phone buzzed and she knew he must be around somewhere….

‘Abdul is calling….’ Farida showed her cousin the phone….

‘don’t pick that….what does he want to talk about anymore’? her cousin grabbed the phone angrily from her….

‘I hate myself right now…’ she whispered…

‘let’s go and tell his wife the situation of things….i think it’s good she knows about the pregnancy…’Faruk suggested….

‘to what end? Please let’s forget about this whole thing, I feel sick already….’she rubbed her tommy gently…

‘no, you aren’t sick…you’re just scared but I don’t need your opinion…Abdul had all the time in the world to make up his mind…his wife needs to know the kind of husband she married….’ He grabbed the photos he’d taken the night he spotted Abdul with some lady….

‘no Faruk come back….this isn’t the right place for this…’ tears welled up in her eyes….

‘I am doing this for you Fafa…’ he ignored her pleas…
……………………………………..
‘Salam, Good afternoon Madam…’ he smiled at her….

‘Salam, please do I know you’? Zainab recognized he was the young man that had been with Farida, her husband’s secretary….

‘not really…this isn’t about me at all, it’s about my cousin over there…’ he pointed to where Farida stayed….

‘oh? Farida’? Zainab was lost? Where was Abdul and why did it take him so long to get back….

‘yes, I have something very important to tell you and you must believe me….’ He had no time to mice words…

‘I am not getting you at all…I think I have to leave…I don’t talk to strangers….’ She became uncomfortable…

‘Farida is pregnant for your husband….’ Faruk blurted out….

‘what’? her knees went weak…maybe she hadn’t heard right….

‘you lie….why didn’t the girl tell me herself’? Zee replied….

‘I don’t know….but just know Abdul has impregnated my cousin and he has to take responsibility…meanwhile she isn’t the only one he’s been having an affair with…have this…’ he dropped the package on the table….

‘no….’ Zee pressed her hands to her chest to help her stay calm at the restaurant….this wasn’t true? This betrayal was sharper than a knife…

‘I’m here baby….’ Abdul returned tired of waiting for Farida…he would talk to her later but he came up with something to get Zainab out of that place…

‘Take me home Abdulrasaq’ she couldn’t face him now….

‘is something wrong Zee’? he panicked and searched for Farida but she wasn’t there…..

‘you hear me?…take me home’ her voice was darkened by an emotion he hardly knew….she was angry….

5 Likes

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 08, 2017
This is what I call "ghen ghen"
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Angelsss(f): 5:50pm On May 08, 2017
Hello angels, sorry I hardly reply comments, get ready for the final episode, drop comments, I promise to reply all. Thanks all, if you need anything, send me a message via my mailbox(aishayasmina @yahoo.com), if you wanna go personal, add me up or follow.on Facebook @Rose Akpabio
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by dahunsy(f): 7:02pm On May 08, 2017
coughs**clears throat# .....this is epiccccccccccccccccc!
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by kinah(f): 7:40pm On May 08, 2017
odikwa serious!!!
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Eniqurl(f): 7:41pm On May 08, 2017
This one is strong oh
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Eminenttemmy(f): 9:24pm On May 08, 2017
chisos is Lord!!! this is seriously serious...thumbs up babe

1 Like

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Angelsss(f): 1:46am On May 11, 2017
‘am happy you took out time from your busy schedule to do all these for me….’ June relaxed on the cool grass….

The scenery was perfect for her birthday, he’d taken her to a park….there was a pool nearby and flamingoes floated on it….
The fragrance from the water lilies and other flowers filled the air, the sun wasn’t able to penetrate the canopy of tall trees…so the atmosphere remained cool…

‘it’s so beautiful here, I wanted you to have the best….’Omale watched as kids ran around with balloons….he wished for this, to start his own family…

‘thanks dear….’June saw the way he watched the kids play… her heart ached at his ignorance….what if she told him about her feelings? Of what gain was it to hide them from him?

‘so …how old are you today’? he leaned forward and tickled her….she reeled with laughter…he knew women hated talking about their ages …he wanted getting on her nerves…

‘stop it Omale….’ She shifted closer to him and their faces met that instant….eyes to eyes, the world stopped ….

There was this tension that had built while they stared at each other quietly, she decided to take a bold step…she knew this could change their friendship together but she was willing to test the waters….

She leaned closer and pressed her lips to his, her heart throbbed with joy as he reciprocated her action….

‘don’t move, you two are perfect for each other…’ a man captured them with a camera….

The voice brought Omale back to reality and he suddenly pulled back and left her shaken and vulnerable…

‘June’? he drawled her name, why had she kissed him?.... he searched her eyes for answers, for the truth behind the sudden kiss….then it dawned on him that she had feelings for him….

‘I’m sorry June…but you know me….’ He rubbed his head and looked away…

‘it’s okay Omale….i’m sorry I kissed you…I don’t know what I was thinking….’ She felt sick at his rejection….

‘do you want to talk about it’? he asked gently…..

‘I’ve been in love with you since the day I saw you with Ene, I am not going to lie…I don’t know I feel stupid…’ she rose to her feet and began packing her bags….

‘no don’t say that…’ so she had feelings for him?

‘I am Omale…there’s nothing you can offer me…I let my feelings blind me into doing something stupid which you’ll probably hate me for…’ she bit her lip…obviously he had no affection for her…she had to tell him the truth…

‘I always dissuaded you from going after Edima because I was jealous…but now I’ve seen it myself…you really love her…’ she knew he would hate her for what she was about to say…

‘I understand….i’m sorry June…maybe you should’ve told me this earlier…before Edima came along, maybe we would’ve tried something’ he wished his words could soother her, could heal her pain…

‘if you really care about me…I have something to confess, I did something terrible…promise to forgive me…’she begged…

‘what did you do?’ he wondered….

‘i….i told Edima to keep off you that you had a woman in your life and I deleted her number after that…’ she struggled for words…

‘my God June….how could you be so callous? You’ve ruined my chances with her completely….’she irritated him right then….

‘I’m sorry, I was just jealous…I know you wouldn’t understand…but please forgive me…if this will help have it…I wrote out the number …’ she searched her purse and brought out a piece of paper where she’d written out Edima’s number for future use…

‘I’m disappointed in you June….you knew how much she meant to me…what if she has found someone else’?

‘I am sorry….’ She sobbed but Omale walked away angrily…

‘here’s your picture ma’am’ the photographer returned…

She wiped her face and settled on the grass…this was all she wanted, everything had seemed so beautiful …
She caressed the picture, without second thoughts tore them to shreds….
Love had abandoned her…there was nothing left for her….
‘oops she’s out…’Amaka settled on the veranda with the others waiting for Zee’s return….silence hung like a spell over them, each to their own thought…

‘excuse me, let me get this….’ Edima wondered who was calling, the number was strange but she picked anyway, she could do anything to distract herself from what Lola had told her…

‘and there she goes….’ Amaka sighed and smiled as her friend walked away….she dipped her hands in her bag and fetched her phone, Sly hadn’t returned her messages or her calls…this was going to be a tough one…
And neither did she have Ben’s number…she was stuck…

‘be strong for this….’ Femi rubber her shoulders…he was glad she’d made up her mind to confess…that made him like her more…

‘thanks Femi…’ she smiled ruefully, waiting for the grenade to explode…she prayed she never got burnt…

‘hello, please who am I speaking with’?the voice was strangely familiar but she didn’t want to be overly optimistic…could he be the one?

‘good day Edima…it’s Omale Ibrahim…do you remember me’? he asked…

‘yes, yes I remember you…’ she paused not knowing what to say next, he’d called!

‘I know what June said to you and I am very sorry about the whole thing, I don’t know what came over her…I really have to see you so we can talk, get to know each other better…’ he was taking this to the next level…

‘wow, I am very glad you called, thank you Omale…’ she grinned…

‘can we meet right now? I’m free…how about you?’ he was hoping they could hang out…

‘I am sorry Omale, but now is not a good time…but we could do it tomorrow or later tonight’ she suggested and hoped she was doing the right thing…

‘tomorrow? I have surgeries tomorrow, let’s see in the evening….’ He was happy she was giving him this chance to know her…

‘alright, I’m looking forwards to our meeting again…’ she bit her lip shyly, as if he were watching her…

‘it’s a date Edima…I really missed you…’ his voice was husky with emotion…

‘wow, I miss you two….’ She got off the phone pretty excited by the turn out of things….

One look at Lola’s swollen face caused her excitement to wane…this was going to be tough….

‘why is she happy’? Amaka beckoned to her….

‘Omale called…we’re going on a date tonight….’ She was calm about it as Lola resumed sobbing….as a car drove in….
That moment they’d all been waiting for had come….
The drive had been long and uncomfortable for Abdul…his heart beat faster than normal and he prayed Farida hadn’t done anything stupid, he was going to end her….

‘what is going on here’? Zainab stormed angrily from the car and regarded her friends …

‘welcome Zee….’Amaka was the first to speak….

‘you, you cheap LovePeddler….you were going out with my husband…’ she flung the pictures at Lola angrily….

‘Zainab…please this all happened because I neglected her….’ Femi came to her rescue but Lola had already started crying as she saw the pictures….

‘you slept with Abdul, I trusted you Lola…how could you do this to me’?

Abdul watched as his wife yell angrily, he felt relieved, at least Farida hadn’t exposed him…he could wriggle out of this one…

‘I think we should stay out of this….’ Edima suggested to Amaka…

‘I am sorry…it was a mistake…it was never supposed to happen….’ Lola shivered…without warning Zainab’s bony hands fell on her cheeks….

‘how dare you slap my wife’? Femi roared…why was she channeling all her anger at Lola…Abdul deserved some too…

‘your wife was the one who seduced me….Zainab I swear, she seduced me…’ Abdul marched forward to defend himself…

‘you know what? I want you all out of my house…I cease being friends with you Lola…in this life and in the next, you remain my enemy…get out…’ she broke down in tears….

‘Zainab look at me….it’s going to be okay…’Edima rushed to her side while Amaka left with Lola and Femi…

‘Zee…please don’t listen to Lola…she was the one that came to me….’ Abdul insisted….

‘really Abdul? Your wife Is hurt…what you’re doing isn’t helping’ Edima looked up to him…

‘I trusted her…she was just like family and she did this to me….’ Zainab sobbed uncontrollably…

‘I know…but you have to try and forgive her….if Femi hadn’t neglected her. …well I doubt this would’ve happened ….

‘is that her excuse for sleeping with my husband’? this pain was worse that Farida’s pregnancy….this pain was dealt her from her best friend’s blade…it would take a long time to heal…

‘it’s not an excuse…Zainab I am so sorry…I wish I could take away your pain….’Edima rubbed her shoulders….

‘Abdul’? she called him gently as she had no strength left in her….

‘Zee I am sorry….please forgive me…’ he went on his knees…

‘you lied to me Abdul, you bought my trust and sold it….i loved you…I gave you everything you ever wanted and you had to go sleep with my best friend….how could you Abdul’? she was hurt beyond repairs…

‘I am sorry Zee….’ He had no words to say apart from that …

‘I am getting a divorce….our marriage is built on lies…you’re the worst man on earth Abdul…I ahte you so much….’ She rose to her feet…

‘divorce? No Zee….you can work things out…’ Edima was shocked….

‘no please don’t say that Zee…’ his heart sank as she watched those angelic eyes cry…if Zainab left him, he would die a miserable man….

‘you got Farida pregnant!!! …you keep lying to my face…’ she shook her head in disbelief….

‘is this true’? Edima was stunned…

He didn’t speak….tears welled up in his eyes as he realized what would happen to him, he’d lost Zainab forever….

‘I gave you all Abdul, I gave you everything I had….my love, my trust and you threw them to the dogs…get your lawyers…’ she wiped her face and hurried into the house….

‘help me beg her….’ He called out to Edima…
He couldn’t live without Zainab, he’d let his lust get the better part of him and he was about to lose his only cherished treasure….

‘I don’t know Abdul…you’ll have to fix this one all by yourself….’she replied….

‘are you sure we did the right thing by leaving’? Lola asked her husband….they’d dropped Amaka off at the house…

‘yes, your friend had no right to hit you….why didn’t she do same to her husband’? Femi was infuriated …

‘I feel terrible Femi…I’ve ruined someone else’ marriage…would God ever forgive me’? tears poured from her eyes…

‘Lola, I told you to be prepared for this….you have to be strong….you’ve done your part…you cried…you begged her…just let her be…she’s hurt…when she recovers, it’s left for her to be happy again…’ Femi pulled her closer for a hug….

‘did you see those pictures? I wonder who took them’ Femi wondered…had Zainab known about their affair all along? Had she paid someone to follow Lola and Abdul?

‘ I brought them back…’ she sniffled….

‘alright, I’ll burn them…you need to forgive yourself too Lola…’ he released her…

‘yes, I’ll try…’ she wrapped her hands round him….

Though things may never get right between her and Zainab, but she was relieved…her burden was light...but she still felt a void in her heart…and she knew that the comfort friendship offered really mattered…

‘what a day….’ Amaka fell on the couch…she stretched her full length and groaned…

She closed her eyes for a moment and went over the events of the day….why did things have to be so complicated?

Now that Lola had finally found happiness, she’d gotten herself into a mess…Zainab’s teary face replayed itself in her head…

She knew that that bond the four girls had shared was completely broken, it was never going to be the same…they were never going to be happy…

She walked to the cellar and fetched the strongest wine she could find…she needed to drown herself in liquor…

What depressed her more was Sly’s rejection…why was he this heartless? She wished she’d told him earlier about Ben…but she hadn’t …maybe he deserved to be mad…

She inhaled the brown liquid and poured it down her throat, the sensation it gave her tingled her senses and she knew that was just what she needed…

‘it’s just me and you baby…’ she smiled at the bottle and gently shook it for another one….

‘do you want to get drunk’? she suddenly felt a presence and she gasped in fright as she saw Sly behind her….

‘Sly!’ she shook and the glass fell to the floor…

‘I shouldn’t have behaved that way Amy…it was only a kiss and I blew it out of proportion…’ he felt ashamed…

‘oh no Sly, you had every right to be angry…I should have let you know…..’ she walked towards him…

‘Ben told me the truth and sends his apologies….’ He held her closely and watched her beautiful face as it glowed …

‘okay’? she returned his gaze…

‘he travelled back to Berlin….’Sly announced….

‘I am sorry for everything, I forgive you completely Sly…’ she kissed his forehead…

‘I’m glad we’ve found ourselves again….’his hands strayed to her buttons...

‘what are you doing’? she tried to escape from his grip…

‘apologizing the right way’ he winked and carried her to the couch….

‘naughty boy….’ She rubbed his head gently as his mouth came crashing down on hers…

‘I like this place….’ Edima glance around the restaurant, it was every bit classy…

‘I knew you would….’ He smiled and fixed his eyes on her…she looked very adorable in her milky gown, which fitted her like a second skin and accentuated her curves…

‘you look beautiful Edima….from the first day I set my eyes on you, I wished for this…’

‘thanks Omale….’ She looked away shyly…his gaze was so piercing…like he read her mind al the time…

‘I’m sorry for the way I spoke to you…the first time I met you…’She smiled back at him…

‘yes, I was too inquisitive…I’m sure I probably annoyed you….’he reached for her fingers…

His touch was warm and gentle….it brought back so many memories, he stared at her quietly, it was as if he was asking her a question…could she answer it?

‘I had a wife, Ene….’he started, there was no point keeping that part of his life away as June had suggested…

‘oh’? she blinked in surprise…

‘she’s late, she died five years ago….’ He quickly added….

‘I’m so sorry Omale…’ five years? And he still wasn’t married? That spoke a lot about his character…she wondered if he had kids…

‘we didn’t have children….’ He added as if reading her thoughts…

She didn’t say anything, she just nodded…

‘I know you lost your husband….and this relationship thing is new for you…but I want you to know that you aren’t alone…I’ll always be with you…’ he lifted her hands to his lips…

‘I don’t know what to say Omale…sometimes it feels like we’ve known each other before…’ her voice was husky with emotion…
She felt peace being with him, he looked perfect for her and she prayed this worked out for them both…

‘I love you Edima, as crazy as that sounds…we don’t even know each other much…but I feel something very strong for you…’

‘I feel same too…I get scared at times…I ask myself if it is real…I find it hard to get you out of my mind…’ she poured out her heart to him…

‘can we explore this feeling? Should we allow it to lead us somewhere’? he asked…and she knew what that meant…

‘yes, let’s explore it…’she fetched his hand and squeezed it….

He leaned forward and adored her lips with his kiss…she pressed her head against it…that moment was theirs alone…

‘excuse me sir....’ the waiter had returned with steaming plates of fresh fish pepper soup, but the lovers were too engrossed in such a kiss to take notice of him….

4 Likes

Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by abefe99: 7:34am On May 11, 2017
marriage unhmmm tanks for the update
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by princessadeola(f): 9:05am On May 11, 2017
Things are taking shape
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by meneski(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]just wat i wana see.....but........
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by Alennsar(f): 11:49am On May 11, 2017
eeyah zainab sorry eh.
Re: Love, Lies And Divorce(lld) by missyadorable(f): 10:19pm On May 11, 2017
Zainab is a foooool...Any woman who believes her husband is faithful is a goat,ah swear!!

Abdul is strange..why is he so afraid of Zainab leaving him? Abi is his money her own? he can marry as many women as he can afford na.

I pity Lola....Femi is a human being,he will definitely use this against her later

As for Edima...Just met a man and getting to know him,you are already so emotionally n physically entangled.

issorite...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Renata "The Vengeful Girl" / Prof. John Pepper Clark Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.