Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,863 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:05 AM

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand (65920 Views)

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa / The Olorogun Title Of The Urhobo/isoko People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ovokoo:

I have to call you out on this. Only Ika, Ikwerre and Ukwuani are constitutionally empowered as ethnic groups. Enuani is considered a dialect of Igbo and is not in any book considered it's own language.
Please, you guys should quit peddling lies. There is no where in Nigerian constitution where these groups are recognized as separate ethnic group... besides The Nigerian constitution don't even regard ethnic group, but States, and LGAs.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by ztanleechima(m): 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
Trash.

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
bencarson007:
Oniovo meh @op, obo woh sie etine na, o ghe ne gba... Woh dav we re... As a warri boy born and raised in the slums of ogedegbe and iyara warri, I want to say a big thank you for telling the world about us... As for those foolish ipob yoots spilling trash about garri, na longthroat go kill you... Area... Area... Area... I salute... Any ipob yoot wey do anyhow go see anyhow... Clear road make I see... Their fad.... If anybody add 'A', naim sabi... I don peel out... #PEACE

Oniovo doo! Vwe kobiruo. Awanre oyin ka ji ma awanre kpenu. Etionye owa. Yanji Ipob youths na vwo. Ayen wan agwarhe e. Oho r'ayen gbate e!

Do!!

7 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hotboss: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:
I have decided to write on this at the request of a fellow Nairalander, Efewestern, who is also a namesake to Efe Ejeba, the recent Big Brother Naija winner that broke the airwaves and the internet on Sunday, April 9th, 2017.

Warri City
Warri is the most populous city in Delta State and the second largest oil city in Nigeria, coming only after Port Harcourt. It has had a rich history through the years from its modern manifestation as a small GRA in Agbassa-Warri area to its explosion as a metropolitan hub covering areas such as Okere-Urhobo, Okere-Itsekiri, Pessu, Otovwodo, Ajimimogha, Ogunu, Ejeba, Ugborikoko, Enerhen (suburb) Effurun (suburb), Udu (suburb), Ekpan (suburb), Osubi (suburb). Warri is mainly populated by the Urhobo people of Delta/Bayelsa/Edo States. However, the Itsekiris and Ijaws occupy significant areas in the city and both lay claims to ownership of Warri. Since this write-up is not on which tribe owns Warri, I won't go into it here (however, I have written about this earlier on so you may search for it). Warri also houses an annexe of the Delta State Government house. It has a very good nightlife, a large population of youths and a unique brand of Pidgin, influenced by Urhobo-Isoko, Ijaw and Itsekiri languages.

It should be noted that although Warri refers to the city of Warri as explained earlier, the term is now being used to identify with people from Delta Central and Delta South. Warri has become like a ubiquitous term to refer to all Urhobo-Isokos, Itsekiris and Delta Ijaws, whether or not they are from Warri. In fact, the Delta Igbos are beginning to identify with the Warri brand as it is now.

The Urhobo-Isoko People
The Urhobo-Isoko is an amalgam of two related ethnic groups, Urhobo and Isoko, with Urhobo being the larger and Isoko being an offshoot of Eastern Urhobo. They are constitutionally regarded as different ethnic groups but they are one people in everything else, hence my usage of the compounded term, Urhobo-Isoko. The Urhobo-Isoko people are the 5th largest ethnic group in Nigeria (2006 census). They number over 5 million both at home and in the diaspora. They are the 2nd largest ethnic group in the South-South and Niger Delta regions, coming only after their ethnic neighbour, the Ijaws. Urhobos occupy 12 LGAs in Delta State (8 in Delta Central and 4 in Delta South), 1 in Bayelsa State (Ofoni, among others, in Sagbama LGA) and 1 in Edo State (Oghara settlements in Ikpoba Okha LGA). Urhobo-Isokos also have faraway village settlements in Ikale, Ilaje (Ondo State) Oro (Kwara State), and other areas in the South West of Nigeria. The Isoko people, who are ethnically Urhobo and politically Isokos, occupy 2 LGAs in Delta South (Isoko North and South) and have an estimated population of 1 million at home and in the diaspora. Isoko and Urhobo are regarded as one people and the Isoko can understand Urhobo clearly. In the colonial period, the Isoko and Urhobo were both regarded as the Sobo people. However, the Urhobo Progress Union, under Chief Mukoro Mowoe, fought hard to change this name to Urhobo. Isokos were a part of Eastern Urhobo until 1959 when the Western Regional House created an Isoko division from Eastern Urhobo. That marked the beginning of a separate Isoko identity.

The Urhobo-Isoko in Entertainment and the Warri Brand
The Urhobo-Isoko people, though regarded as a minority tribe in Nigeria, have attracted the attention of the majority tribes for various reasons. One of the reasons that the people have attracted so much attention is in the people's natural knack for entertainment. The Urhobo-Isoko language is very musical, demonstrative and filled with innuendos, humour and vulgarity. All these have aided the people to excel in the domain of entertainment. Over the years, Urhobo-Isokos have produced great giants in the Nigerian entertainment industry. So much that we have created a Warri/Urhobo niche for ourselves. The Warri brand is so strong that every entertainer from Delta State, and some from Edo/Bayelsa State, identifies with it.

The Warri brand manifests strongly on the Nigeria's stand-up comedy scene where Opa Williams (also an Urhobo-Isoko) launched the A Night of a Thousand Laughs show and gave voices to the many clowns and comedians from the Warri region. We have Urhobo-Isoko comedians such as Ali Baba (regarded as the King- Ose - of comedy in Nigeria, I Go Dye (one of the richest and most creative comedians in Nigeria), Bovi, I Go Save, Maleke, Gordons, A.Y. (Warri by association), Akpororo (Warri by birth/association), and many others.

In the music scene, the Warri brand has strong voices like Yung6ix, Erigga, Shun Bebe, Orezi, Dr Sid, Sammie Okposo, Kefee (now late), Harrysong (Warri-Ijaw), Omawumi (Warri-Itsekiri), Oritsefemi (Warri-Itsekiri), and many others.

In the movie industry, the Warri brand has pioneers like Fred Amata, Jeta Amata, Chico Ejiro, Richard Mofe Damijo (forget his name, he is a core Urhobo-Isoko from Udu Kingdom). Other actors include Bovi Ugboma, Isokoh Stanley, Joseph Okoro, Justice Esiri (now late), Ayo Makun, aka AY (by association), Omoni Oboli, Ufuoma Ejenobo Mcdermott, Sophie Okonedo (international actress), Balogun Fathia (forget the name, she is a core Urhobo-Isoko), Karen Igho, Peggy Ovire, and many others.

In the Reality TV series, the Warri brand has produced two Big Brother Winners: Karen Igho and Efe! Efe has been the man of the moment since he won Big Brother Naija on Sunday April 9th, 2017. He has attracted so much attention to the Warri brand through his down-to-earthedness and humour. Efe received massive votes across ethnic divides because he was considered to be "real", just like most Warri people usually are.

Features of the Warri Brand
I have been saying "Warri Brand" over and over again. So what exactly are the features of the Warri Brand in the Nigerian entertainment industry? Let me just outline some so that anyone can identify them:

1. Humour: The Warri brand in entertainment is filled with laughter and humour, whether in the movie, music or reality TV shows. Anything Warri people just makes everyone laugh. It's as simple as that.

2. Language: The way Urhobo-Isoko people speak English is very different from that of every other Nigeria. In Urhobo English, the accent, intonation and pronunciation of words usually elicit interest from every other person in Nigeria. When Urhobo-Isokos speak, they tend to demonstrate a lot and this makes their communication very effective and humourous. Discourse particles such as "Shuooo!", "Ewoooo!", "Oghene Biko!!!", "Okpetu!", "Ibabo!", etc, and the way they are pronounced, usually make other Nigerians reel out with laughter.

3. Warri Pidgin: The Warri people speak a unique type of Pidgin which, together with Sapele Pidgin, forms the Urhobo-Isoko dialect of Nigerian pidgin. This pidgin is influenced by the Urhobo language, as well as by Itsekiri and Ijaw languages. The pidgin is innovative, humorous, and expressive. Warri people can speak certain types of pidgin that no one else can decode. i.e. "Kasala just burst for area as men carry shaka bula commot from Ekoro. As we observe them, some men just Va, me and my kidney just perm small so that my blood nor go boil egg. Oniovo, the omutan and opata wey Akpos de throway go put am for voicemail soon and na okpetu go end the kasala". I challenge others to attempt at decoding this (mind you, this is a VERY LIGHT Warri pidgin expression). Erigga, an Urhobo-Isoko rapper from Warri, as well as Shun Bebe, are known for using the Warri dialect of Pidgin to rap.

4. Slangs: Warri people are known to have some very funny slangs and expressions found nowhere else. These slangs are found in both the English and Pidgin spoken in Warri. Warri people even have their own terms for many things. i.e. "Sun too hot nor mean say fowl go lay boiled egg", "no matter how rough they drive motor inside TV, e can never jam you wey de watch am", "Warri nor de carry last", "at all at all naim bad pass", "kpata kpata na draw", "anybody wen de dull na odonyo e be", etc. Again, Erigga expresses these in his music alot.

5. Simplicity: The Warri brand is known for simplicity and "real". You hardly find people forming "posh" or what they are not in Warri. Even RMD, with all his money and class, is still that confirm Warri boy anytime. The Warri brand is simple and real, no complications, no scandals, no stress!!!

Warri and its Future Potentials as Nigeria's Ultimate Entertainment Hub
I have written on the Warri brand already and its position in the Nigerian entertainment scene. However, much is left to be done. Warri has gained its niche largely through stereotypes. There are many divergent artists, actors and entertainers that are yet to be discovered. All they need is support. This is why I am very glad about the way every Nigerian (regardless of tribe) voted Efe, a simple Urhobo-Isoko boy of the Warri brand. Many people said that Nigerians did not vote for Efe but voted for the Warri Brand and I agree with this in a way. Warri needs to take a large share of Nigeria's entertainment industry but this can't do this alone. Warri needs support to get to this stage. Below are some of the reasons why Warri can be the next entertainment hub in Nigeria:

1. Warri has a large population of youths who are very creative and need a platform to show their creativity. In fact, the average Warri youth can act, sing, rap, dance or crack jokes with ease. Most of the shows in the Warri axis are done on a very low key. Warri and its environs need more shows and more support from sponsors.

2. Warri has the potential market for entertainment. With an estimated population of over 1 million residents only within the city (not to mention those in Sapele, Ughelli, Abraka, Oleh, Ozoro, etc), Warri has a good market for entertainment. If sponsors key into this population and the people's love for "flexing", they would realise that Warri is a good market.

3. Warri is an oil-rich city that attracts lots of people from all over the world. These people need places to relax, enjoy and express themselves. If the entertainment tourism potentials of Warri can be reached, more and more people will flock to this city and the boom will continue.

4. Warri has the potential wealth to keep the entertainment industry running. With young billionaires and millionaires dotted across the city, Warri has the wealth to keep showbiz afloat. All that is needed is for show promoters to look for good sponsorship from these big names and use this to encourage Warri-based entertainers, as well as to bring in other entertainers from all over the country.

5. Warri has a large swathe of celebrities who would be willing to work with new entertainers from the region provided they are provided with good platforms to market their music and carve their own niche. The older celebs are very open and willing to help the younger ones. All that is needed is the encouragement and show promotion by entertainment gurus.

Final Words
Warri is a brand! Having evolved from a modest Government Reserved Area to a metropolitan city, it has become a hub for latent talents in Nigeria. The Urhobo-Isoko people that populate Warri and its environs have a solid representation in the entertainment industry. However, there is more to be done. Warri can be the new Lagos, the entertainment hub in Nigeria. With just a little push and encouragement, the Warri phenomenon can explode to entertain and delight all Nigerians!!!

Congratulations to Efe Ejeba on his success at the Big Brother Nigeria show. He has done Urhobo-Isoko, Warri, Delta and Nigeria proud. I also wish to thank all Nigerians, be it Yoruba, Igbo, Nupe, Igala, Tiv, Junkun, Anaang, Ibibio, Oron, Efik, Baruba, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Itsekiri, Ijaw, Ogoni, Ebira, Gbagyi, etc, that supported Efe and the Warri brand. Keep supporting us and we will never let you down!

Warri!
Warri!!
Warri!!!
Their .........!

Urhobo-Isoko Wadoooo!!!!
Misiagware oooo!

N.B. I noticed that after Efe won, even Hausa people in far away Sokoto were claiming to be Warri people grin grin grin grin.
Igbos in far away Enugu started updating their status with ChukwunEFE,
Even Yorubas were claiming "area" like say dem bam from Agbassa
Even Lalasticlala and Seun de post Efe threads go frontpage since like say dem relate to Efe
Is ok, is ok!

- Iroro Orhero

On a norm. Our doings dey faint people

3 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
ztanleechima:
Trash.

Thank you!
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by masseratti: 10:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
Why should yorubas claim "area" the itshekiris are yorubas and part of warri,besides Yorubas have enough problem with "area boys" already,so you guys are free to have them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
Amarabae:
If the ika, ikwele, Enani are claiming wholly to be Igbos, he wouldnt have said that.. whats the essence of defending them when they will turn around and deny their origin?
Igbo identity is not for sale, we are a great people, I don't see why someone will lose sleep over who claim to be Igbo or not.
Open the windows, feel the fresh air and chill out.

THE IKA PEOPLE ARE WHOLLY IGBOS AND WE HAVE NEVER ASSOCIATED OURSELVES WITH THE URHOBO PEOPLE OR IJAW ITSEKIRI OR WHATEVER...THE OP MADE A MISTAKE BY SAYING THAT...WE ARE IGBOS AND WE ARE PROUD,,,THIS URHOBO PEOPLE AND BUSTING BE LIKE 5 AND 6 PRIDE HAS KILLED THEM...HOW CAN WE ASSOCIATE OUR SELF WITH THEM ?ATRE THEY BETTER OFF THAN THE DELTA IGBOS...THE ANSWER IS NO....IS JUST THAT THEY LIKE SHOWING THEMSELFES TOO MUCH....BECAUSE EFE WIN BB WE NO HEAR WORD...,,,PEOPLE LIKE NELSON MANDELA NA PERSON VILLAGE THEM FROM COME
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by tex25: 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ur teeth complete bro's

No place like waf town!
#One love all
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
masseratti:
Why should yorubas claim "area" the itshekiris are yorubas and part of warri,besides Yorubas have enough problem with "area boys" already,so you guys are free to have them.

Lol. It was just a joke.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:

THE IKA PEOPLE ARE WHOLLY IGBOS AND WE HAVE NEVER ASSOCIATED OURSELVES WITH THE URHOBO PEOPLE OR IJAW ITSEKIRI OR WHATEVER...THE OP MADE A MISTAKE BY SAYING THAT...WE ARE IGBOS AND WE ARE PROUD,,,THIS URHOBO PEOPLE AND BUSTING BE LIKE 5 AND 6 PRIDE HAS KILLED THEM...HOW CAN WE ASSOCIATE OUR SELF WITH THEM ?ATRE THEY BETTER OFF THAN THE DELTA IGBOS...THE ANSWER IS NO....IS JUST THAT THEY LIKE SHOWING THEMSELFES TOO MUCH....BECAUSE EFE WIN BB WE NO HEAR WORD...,,,PEOPLE LIKE NELSON MANDELA NA PERSON VILLAGE THEM FROM COME

Why so pained man?

Take it easy. Your time to shine is already beckoning!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
H a, nairaland never a dull moment.
Make I just they observe.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
Amarabae:
what brought the Igbos into this nice thread about warri people, why are you Igbos embarrasing Igbos?
SHAME.

So u truily believe an igbo man will spell igbo as ibo? The person u quoted is a yoruba man posing as an igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by masseratti: 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

Lol. It was just a joke.
yeah I know,dont mind me jare
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
So much hatred and tribalistic comments from non-deltans here (especially the so called delta ibos). You Nigerians be complaining about racism from whites and here in Nigeria you cannot respect and love other people's culture. Op did a fine piece of writing here. Why is it difficult for you dimwit Nigerians to accept and love others? You people will carry religion on top head but your hearts are dark. Everything on this article is true. You are proud of your tribe so why can't op be proud of his? Stupid tribalistic brain dead africans! No wonder the whites call you monkeys!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by TeflonBlixx: 10:39pm On Apr 10, 2017

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 10:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:
if this thread is for urhobo-isokos why mention Igbo's and if those groups are identified as a distinct ethnic group who are the Igbos you referred to in your post that identity with warri.? And why did Mr president tag, Godwin Emifele, as Igbo, how about tony Elumelu, Pat Utomi, Ngozi Iwela, Kachukwu, Your Governor Ifeanyi Okowa are they not Igbo too, ? The truth is you actually wish they were a distinct group from the Igbo's, but sorry that is your loss...

DONT MIND HIM JOOR,AS IF THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE PEOPLE THAT HAVE MADE ACHIEVEMENTS..HIM JUST THEY MENTION NAMES..
HAS HE NOT HEARD OF THE WORLD ACKNOWLEDGED CARDINAL NZIOGU WHO IS A DELTA IGBO,,THOSE ARE PEOPLE WITH BRAVE HEARTS..
HIS HERE CALLING PEOPLE ;LIKE THE LAZY EFE WHO HAS NOTHING TO OFFER

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 10:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodIsBiafran:
God forbid for we Ibos to identify with Warri. The same Itshekiris and Ijaws and Urhobo that are opposed to joining biafra! Tufiakwa!! I demand the OP to rectify that lie from his post. RIGHT NOW!!

U must not drag igbos into every thread u know? Mr Igbo that can't spell Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by odinga1of: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
Efewestern:

what's anti igbo here, oga swerve jor.. you think say na only you sabi yan, he never insulted any body/tribe/state /country.

if you have trouble with him please go and settle it elsewhere, instead of crucifying him for nothing... enough of this.

The op only mentioned igbo twice, yoruba twice, hausa onces, he never insulted you.. the main purpose of this thread is to let Nigerians know the future potention of Warri.

this has nothing to do with any tribe apart from urhobo. stop it already please.

Oniovo the thing funny die, abeg live those guy.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by AkinPhysicist: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2017
bencarson007:
Oniovo meh @op, obo woh sie etine na, o ghe ne gba... Woh dav we re... As a warri boy born and raised in the slums of ogedegbe and iyara warri, I want to say a big thank you for telling the world about us... As for those foolish ipob yoots spilling trash about garri, na longthroat go kill you... Area... Area... Area... I salute... Any ipob yoot wey do anyhow go see anyhow... Clear road make I see... Their fad.... If anybody add 'A', naim sabi... I don peel out... #PEACE

grin grin grin
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Sanchez01: 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
tex25:
Ur teeth complete bro's

No place like waf town!
#One love all
This is an example of what I'm saying! grin
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
Favybloom:
So much hatred and tribalistic comments from non-deltans here (especially the so called delta ibos). You Nigerians be complaining about racism from whites and here in Nigeria you cannot respect and love other people's culture. Op did a fine piece of writing here. Why is it difficult for you dimwit Nigerians to accept and love others? You people will carry religion on top head but your hearts are dark. Everything on this article is true. You are proud of your tribe so why can't op be proud of his? Stupid tribalistic brain dead africans! No wonder the whites call you monkeys!

HE CAN BE PROUD OF HIS TRIBE BUT NOT TO THE EXTENT OF TRYING TO BE LITTLE OTHER PEOPLES TRIBE,,WHAT DEOS HE MEAN BY DELTA IGBOS ARE TRYING TO ASSOCIATE TO THE WARRI BRAND?WHAT NONSENCE BRAND IS THAT?

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by oruma19: 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2017
Guy u finish work . U na correct brot up.... We nor de Carey last...
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by nkemdi89(f): 10:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
Warri is a great place, as a proud deltan I love to identify with them, that aspect of pidgin English I am trying to minimize my speaking, because have observed it creates an impression of one being rude, academically backward especially when communicating with people from other regions. The slogan warri no dey carry last indirectly has negative effects on the people as most of them are lazy and are always looking for short cut to success. If an urhobo man dupes you, you will understand that an IBO man is learning, that's why the anioma people refer to them as urhobo wayo. The op is a passionate urhobo man who has the love for his people, warri people should keep pride aside and develop other hidden potentials in them.

4 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by silos(m): 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Sanchez01:

You could have passed without your madness angry

The Kanuris were thought to be the fourth largest ethnic group, beating the Ijaw nation to the spot. There were controversies surrounding this in 2006, following Jonathan's emergence, one which many claimed tipped the Ijaws to the spot against the Kanuris. However, following the wake of of terrorism in Borno and other areas, the size of the ethnic group has dwindled. World atlas confirms this and even claim that Boko Haram is of Kanuri descent. Presently, the Kanuris make up just 4% of the country's population.

Urhobo is the fifth largest ethnic group with over four million people (according to the 2016 census). The number has increased dramatically over the past 10 years.

Interesting!!!
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by nengibo: 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Amarabae:
I don't think that Urhobos or Isokos are not the 5th largest tribe in Nigeria.
Kanuris are more populated than Urhobos.
Btw Nice thread.
Are they more than the Efik/Ibibio/Annang peoples
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Godchild2015:
H a, nairaland never a dull moment.
Make I just they observe.

THAT IS YOUR BUSSINESS I AM ONLY MAKING MY POINT AND DEFENDIN MY TRIBE

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nixiepie(f): 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Deseo:
#proudly Isoko kiss
lol same here grin

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by GodIsBiafran: 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
bencarson007:

angry Look at this weakling...threatening the great Igbo race...in your weak mind you think you can stand toe to toe with an Nwafor...nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
NNAMDICE:

HE CAN BE PROUD OF HIS TRIBE BUT NOT TO THE EXTENT OF TRYING TO BE LITTLE OTHER PEOPLES TRIBE,,WHAT DEOS HE MEAN BY DELTA IGBOS ARE TRYING TO ASSOCIATE TO THE WARRI BRAND?WHAT NONSENCE BRAND IS THAT?

I guess the below answers you:

nkemdi89:
Warri is a great place, as a proud deltan I love to identify with them, that aspect of pidgin English I am trying to minimize my speaking, because have observed it creates an impression of one being rude, academically backward especially when communicating with people from other regions. The slogan warri no dey carry last indirectly has negative effects on the people as most of them are lazy and are always looking for short cut to success. If an urhobo man dupes you, you will understand that an IBO man is learning, that's why the anioma people refer to them as urhobo wayo. The op is a passionate urhobo man who has the love for his people, warri people should keep pride aside and develop other hidden potentials in them.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
Nixiepie:
lol same here grin

na all of us follow Oooo! how body? grin
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
fratermathy:

This thread has nothing to do with Efe. Try and read it. Reading does't kill and it's free.

i wonder tire o. people and mental laxity. that's why they stay at level minus 100

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo) / Bode Thomas: How Nigerian Lawyer Died Mysteriously After Insulting Alaafin / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.