Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money (12446 Views)

In Need Of Novels By Nigerian Authors / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country / Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 11, 2017
I have read up to a hundred novels, but I never used my money to buy any of them. Truth is that when I was a novel freak, I could boast of no kobo of my own.

Now if everyone is like me, writers will make reasonable money only from awards.

What about you?

Zarzar
Macbrooklyn

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 11, 2017
Snow84:
I have read up to a hundred novels, but I never used my money to buy any of them. Truth is that when I was a novel freak, I could boast of no kobo of my own.

Now if everyone is like me, writers will make reasonable money only from awards.

What about you?

Zarzar
Macbrooklyn

I grew an interest in reading from a very young age, around 9 or 10, I think, so I've probably read thousands of books...mostly from the library. Got my 1st library card around that time too. 6 books each time to last me a month. While still in primary school, my cousin, who is 7 years older & was in high school at the time, used to give me her school books to read & summarize for her. I really didn't mind because I enjoyed it.

I never buy books either. My home collection is small but I'm planning on expanding it. I got 3 so far smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by freeDR(m): 7:21am On Apr 11, 2017
For you not to have bought novels with your money simply shows you have no love for reading them. Whatever is your passion will cost you money. That's the rule.

21 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 11, 2017
I've bought over a thousand novels and read over 2-thousand.

bibliophile.

#for the love of books#

8 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Ishilove: 7:32am On Apr 11, 2017
I have no idea. I started reading novels when I was 7 ( The 3 Golliwogs & Five Fall Into Adventure, both by Enid Blyton), and up until now I'm still reading. grin

3 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by tollytexy(m): 7:32am On Apr 11, 2017
Na game boy cartridges I dey use money buy when I small.. now we don upgrade the matter to PS4 discs. grin

8 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2017
Used to be an avid novelist growing up. Would finish a 500 page tiny print in days. But see ehn, as the going got tough, I had to gradually drop fiction for reality.
Now I am continuously faced with tonnes of professional materials begging for attention.
So let's say I'm on sabbatical from novels till I retire from this hustling profession cheesy grin

6 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by BreezyCB(m): 7:33am On Apr 11, 2017
Zero
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by tollytexy(m): 7:34am On Apr 11, 2017
Ishilove:
I have no idea. I started reading when I was 7 grin

Waaasheere ishilove grin NL Robot or Moderator wey lie pass Pinocchio lol

4 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by lilfreezy: 7:34am On Apr 11, 2017

Half of a Yellow Sun

Under the Udala Trees

The Last Duty

Everything Good will come

Sunset in Biafra

Sozaboy

Sunset at Dawn

There was a Country

Survive the Peace

The Biafran Story

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by nmreports: 7:35am On Apr 11, 2017
I used to have over 250.
I was an addict.
Some of the ones I still have:

Stephen King, my favorite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by ArcFresky(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2017
I miss those times, when I read any novel I see.... Then I was doing 2 books per week...

Made my English sound.

Now all I do is look for money and read Nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Drabrah(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2017
Read....... Plentifully, Bought....... Mba!
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by chieveboy(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2017
I lost count of mine
freeDR:
For you not to have bought novels with your money simply shows you have no love for reading them. Whatever is your passion will cost you money. That's the rule.

Ah bros, this is not entirely true na. No man can read over a hundred books without trully loving to read! They can't go beyond a paragraph...you can confirm it here on Nairaland. There tones of places to get free books especially if you're 6...even as an adult.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Ishilove: 7:36am On Apr 11, 2017
tollytexy:

Waaasheere ishilove grin NL Robot or Moderator wey lie pass pinocheo
Lol. I have no reason to lie. I finished John Grisham's The Odyssey File at age 9, and then on to James Hadley Chase and Agatha Christie! cheesy
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2017
ZarZar:

I grew an interest in reading from a very young age, around 9 or 10, I think, so I've probably read thousands of books...mostly from the library. Got my 1st library card around that time too. 6 books each time to last me a month. While still in primary school, my cousin, who is 7 years older & was in high school at the time, used to give me her school books to read & summarize for her. I really didn't mind because I enjoyed it.

I never buy books either. My home collection is small but I'm planning on expanding it. I got 3 so far smiley
ZarZar I recommend to you some of Ayan Rand's books...what an intelligent woman she was
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by coalcoal1(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2017
the first and only set of novels I ever finished reading is the James Hardley Chase series grin
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by symbianDON(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2017
i bought my first novel, oliver twist, at 8!....looking back, i am glad i did grin

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by niggi4life(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2017
I started reading comics at a very tender age. Would lock myself inside the room alone and take my DC Comics and Enjoy my super heroes. From there i migrated to Super stories by Wale Adenuga, Ikebe Super and from there i migrated to nackson Dauda d sexy guy.. then to Mills and boom, and finally to detective books by james hardly chase.

Back then it was fun reading, but now...... i swear na hustling for money sure pass o

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by geekybabe(f): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2017
Ted dekker novels.
Karen kingsbury novels
Frank perretti novels
Francine rivers novels.
These are my all time best.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by tollytexy(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2017
Ishilove:
I have no idea. I started reading novels when I was 7 ( The 3 Golliwogs & Five Fall Into Adventure, both by Enid Blyton), and up until now I'm still reading. grin

Double twaile and 3 gbosa for you.. along with 11 halleluyah
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 11, 2017
Jayceon:
ZarZar I recommend to you some of Ayan Rand's books...what an intelligent woman she was

I never read her books. I only know her for being an Aquarius lol. What books of hers can you recommend?
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 11, 2017
i dont like reading, only these days i am forcing myself to read.

many stuffs usually run in mind while reading which made me to not grow interest in reading

1 Like

1200 and counting...My first was Sidney Sheldon's 'master of the Game' and the last I recently read was Sidney Sheldon's 'Other side of midnight'

3 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by VickyRotex(f): 7:40am On Apr 11, 2017
Countless! embarassed

I need new Crime Novels! embarassed
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by BeenieB: 7:42am On Apr 11, 2017
I got 2 damaged deep freezers filled with books especially crime,detective, law and drama.

Need more embarassed

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 11, 2017
grin grin grin grin

I have a Kindle with 1200+ books/Novels I've read 300+ so far.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by repogirl(f): 7:44am On Apr 11, 2017
Can't count the number I've read, and my present book collection is quite impressive with about hundred books on my kindle device and more in the cloud, waiting for me to read them. I keep downloading from the kindle store/ Audible both free and paid. Also on my phone via okadabook store. Then sometimes from free websites which I read via the robotic text to speech reader on my phone.

Even my old iPod has some audio books I listen to from time to time. I have only very few paperbacks as they are quite bulky, take up space and gather dust, so everything is digital for me.

How much have I spent on books, hmmm.... enough but not in millions.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Bukunming(m): 7:47am On Apr 11, 2017
I've lost count too. I have a library of over two hundred books with 70% of them thrillers. Sadly, I don't read much these days, all I do is take pictures to tell my own stories.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 11, 2017
Ishilove:

Lol. I have no reason to lie. I finished John Grisham's The Odyssey File at age 9, and then on to James Hadley Chase and Agatha Christie! cheesy

i see you and i raise you alex haleys roots at 10 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:50am On Apr 11, 2017
How my e library looks like.. Enough to last a lifetime grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dark Coward Prince / Chimamanda Adichie Shortlisted For IMPAC Dublin Prize / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Duke University Honorary Degree In Durham (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.