Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money (12482 Views)

In Need Of Novels By Nigerian Authors / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country / Name Your Top 5 Novels Of All Time You Would Like Your Friends To Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by SpaceAngel: 8:44am On Apr 11, 2017
no idea. read tons and tons of novels in my lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by LilySopi(f): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2017
freeDR:
For you not to have bought novels with your money simply shows you have no love for reading them. Whatever is your passion will cost you money. That's the rule.

Understand something before u comment.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by ruggedtimi(m): 8:49am On Apr 11, 2017
I have read so many books but not novel,last time i finished a novel was in my JSS ....i feel most of these novels are transformed to movies which i can watch especially crime novels.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 11, 2017
I don't think I can put a # on it.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by onyii255(m): 8:54am On Apr 11, 2017
skillful01:
I've bought over a thousand novels and read over 2-thousand.

bibliophile.

#for the love of books#

Same here too....

If i decide to sell out my novels at the price i bought them, i will get ova 180k... And dey are all clean...
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by freeDR(m): 8:57am On Apr 11, 2017
LilySopi:

Understand something before u comment.
I'll appreciate an expatiation from you, sweetie.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by nmreports: 8:58am On Apr 11, 2017
xavieree:
Stephen king is more dan my favourite.....

If Stephen King is my favorite.
If Stephen King is more than your favorite.
Then you are my favorite.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:58am On Apr 11, 2017
Lunagirl:

I have a thousand books too. Let's share with each other naaaa
Enough is never enough for a book lover. A thousand and u still need more? tongue
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by finest0007(m): 9:02am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
How my e library looks like.. Enough to last a lifetime grin

What app is this? shocked
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:03am On Apr 11, 2017
xavieree:
D e library really got me...wud wanna hv sumfn like dat..SOS
You can! If you Know how to download from torrent sites, you can get hundreds of latest bestsellers.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2017
finest0007:

What app is this? shocked
Calibre

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by lexander(m): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2017
i've read over a thousand novels, i bought less than 100 over an 300 i borrowed from my sister and dad as for the rest i downloaded online it be approximately over 2000 i've lost count. Currently i'm reading chinese,korean and japanese novels.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Ramanto(m): 9:07am On Apr 11, 2017
was a hardley chase addict. bought about fifty of his novels

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by DesChyko: 9:07am On Apr 11, 2017
With the advent of ebooks, I don't buy anymore..

But before then, I own a handsome number of Agatha Christies, James Hardly Chases and John Grishams.. All bought between the prices of 300 and 500..

If you figure in the ebooks, Clive Cusslers, Michael Crichtons, Stephen Kings, Dan Browns, Ken Folletts and Dean Koontz are populat authors in my vast collection.

I downloaded all last two years and I'm yet to read all.. Lol
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 11, 2017
ArcFresky:
I miss those times, when I read any novel I see.... Then I was doing 2 books per week...

Made my English sound.

Now all I do is look for money and read Nairaland.

story of my life. cry now it's difficult going back to being a bibliophile
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by xavieree(f): 9:09am On Apr 11, 2017
nmreports:

If Stephen King is my favorite. If Stephen King is more than your favorite. Then you are my favorite.
lols....simply beautiful!
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by xavieree(f): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:

You can! If you Know how to download from torrent sites, you can get hundreds of latest bestsellers.
I cant download from torrent dear....i hv missed alot of books cos of dat....i fnk i did hv to open an account...ryt?
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Lunagirl(f): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
Enough is never enough for a book lover. A thousand and u still need more? tongue

Yes I do. Even if I have a million, I will still need more. I am never satisfied
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2017
xavieree:
I cant download from torrent dear....i hv missed alot of books cos of dat....i fnk i did hv to open an account...ryt?
Reply ur mail.. . #cheers
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by obidaddy: 9:17am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
How my e library looks like.. Enough to last a lifetime grin

Please kindly share some with me. I lost a life time collection to maleware and slowly and painfully rebuilding. I am glad you use caliber windows app too. It is versatile. Please send to me @ obidaddy73@gmail.com
God bless you.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2017
Lunagirl:

Yes I do. Even if I have a million, I will still need more. I am never satisfied
it's good to see people still read books in this times of social media infection. I like you..

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Maxymilliano(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2017
Ishilove:

Lol. I have no reason to lie. I finished John Grisham's The Odyssey File/ at age 9, and then on to James Hadley Chase and Agatha Christie! cheesy

Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth you mean ?

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Homers123(m): 9:22am On Apr 11, 2017
I have bought over hundred and read over hundred also.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by xavieree(f): 9:23am On Apr 11, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
Reply ur mail.. . #cheers
fnkz dear
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:24am On Apr 11, 2017
obidaddy:

Please kindly share some with me. I lost a life time collection to maleware and slowly and painfully rebuilding. I am glad you use caliber windows app too. It is versatile. Please send to me @ obidaddy73@gmail.com
God bless you.
My exact fear at the moment. Still thinking of compressing them to rar den back them up somewhere.
I'll create a Dropbox folder for them and upload link to you. Only challenge is Dropbox limited storage space
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by nmreports: 9:26am On Apr 11, 2017
xavieree:
lols....simply beautiful!

Really?.
Only beautiful people appreciate beauty.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Homers123(m): 9:30am On Apr 11, 2017
ArcFresky:
I miss those times, when I read any novel I see.... Then I was doing 2 books per week...

Made my English sound.

Now all I do is look for money and read Nairaland.
Growing up, I never thought anything will stop me from reading like my life depends on it but now,oluwa is involved sha.
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by xavieree(f): 9:35am On Apr 11, 2017
nmreports:

Really?. Only beautiful people appreciates beauty. Can we be friends?
lols...datz ok dear
Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 11, 2017
Have lost count i am an avid read from an early age, i remember when i was writing jss3 resiting exam on mathematics instead of read my.notes i was busy reading a novel in the hall. Most of my collections are Hardley chase, Pacesetters, John Grisham etc. Till date i still read and buy.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Novels I Read, And The Number Bought With My Money by nmreports: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2017
xavieree:
lols...datz ok dear

Smiles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Duke University Honorary Degree In Durham (Photos) / Dark Coward Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.