Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers (5874 Views)

SCAM ALERT!! Admins, Stop Shielding This Guy! / Osinbajo Announces 80% Slash For NAFDAC Registration Fee / One Slumps As Fire Razes Anambra Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by Africonji: 8:22am On Apr 11, 2017
Tony Okafor, Awka

The National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control has threatened to sanction market leaders in Anambra State for allegedly shielding those who produce fake and adulterated products.

The Chief Regulatory Officer, Enforcement/Investigation Directorate, NAFDAC, Lagos, Mr. Hassan Abubakar issued the threat on Saturday during a raid on Ogbaru Relief Market, near Onitsha.

Abubakar wondered why market leaders would not act while fake and adulterated products were produced and sold in markets under their watch.

Tanko called for collaboration of the market leadership with NAFDAC to combat the scourge.

He said the agency would continue sensitisation against counterfeiting and unwholesome products as well as carry out regular enforcements and prosecution of offenders to deter others from the illegal business.

He added, “Nigerians are not fair to themselves from what we saw at the market; we will invite the management of the market to come and explain why such had been happening for years without them doing anything.”

During the raid, the agency nabbed eight suspects, including a nursing mother, who were allegedly producing fake alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks.

It confiscated adulterated drinks and production materials worth millions of Naira and sealed off no fewer than four shops in the market.

Some of the registered drinks discovered and confiscated by the agency were J&W, Baron Romero, Lord’s Dry Gin, Seaman’s Schnapps, Carlo Rossi, Red Label, Hennessy, McDowell’s and Remy Martins.

The Assistant Director, Enforcement and Investigation Directorate, NAFDAC, Lagos, Mr. Waheed Agboola, said, “Factories are not supposed to be sited in markets; you saw the factories, very unhygienic environment and we even saw maggots and cockroaches.

“These finished fake products are sold within the market. It was difficult to differentiate between the original and fake of such products which might probably be the reason why people go down with liver and kidney problems.

“The mischievous productions have been going on for years because we saw receipts dated as far back as 2006 and nobody reported until recently,” he said.

Agboola said the eight suspects would be investigated to ascertain their level of culpability, adding that some of them may be taken to Lagos for further investigation.

http://punchng.com/nafdac-accuses-anambra-market-leaders-of-shielding-fakers/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by rusher14: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2017
sad
Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by paskyboy: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2017
That's where I get angry about we the igbos, sometimes we value money more than human lives which is bad, although other tribes does but ours is just too much, God help us

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by damton(m): 8:33am On Apr 11, 2017
Desperate desire to make money is the bane of our society.

We should learn that Money in itself is no what matters, but the means by which we got them

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by ekems2017(f): 8:34am On Apr 11, 2017
Nafdac do your job and stop apportioning blame. When Dora of blessed memory was there she fetched them out on her own. How do you expect a co dealer to expose his partner?

11 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by MrGreenMavro: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2017
grin

Why?
Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by phydell(m): 8:34am On Apr 11, 2017
angryBad folks...
Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by smartty68(m): 8:34am On Apr 11, 2017
Please continue arresting those fakers and copycats. I've really wasted so much money buying fake things I thought to be original. Some reacted on my skin almost damaging my skin. Even tin milk, satchet milk, custard, soaps, body wash, etc... Funny enough bigger super market also sell fake stuffs. At a point I thought NAFDAC and Consumer Protection Agencies were dead. Naija which way?
Nice move NAFDAC

11 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by ipobbigot7: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2017
Another name for biafuro people is counterfeit.

19 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by kasheemawo(m): 8:34am On Apr 11, 2017
IPOD again cry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by Demsay1(m): 8:36am On Apr 11, 2017
Space bookers everywhere angrySpace bookers everywhere
Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by profsho1(m): 8:36am On Apr 11, 2017
Too Bad.
FTC
Based on logistic
Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:36am On Apr 11, 2017
This is serious.
Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by profsho1(m): 8:37am On Apr 11, 2017
Too Bad.
Based on logistic
Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by Sanchez01: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2017
How about a clamp down and a possible suit filed against the leadership of the market for aiding and abetting suspected criminals in the market?

10 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by Senorprinz(m): 8:37am On Apr 11, 2017
paskyboy:
That's where I get angry about we the igbos, sometimes we value money more than human lives which is bad, although other tribes does but ours is just too much, God help us

as in, every igbo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by xnsandrxns: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2017
As expected, it's them
Like the proverbial tortoise, always appearing in every bad story
All they think about is money
Terrible people
Developers of fake and inferior products

8 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by itsIYKE(m): 8:39am On Apr 11, 2017
Gh
Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by Kingjags: 8:39am On Apr 11, 2017
This thing is everywhere, I'm a Yoruba guy and I know of a market in Badagry where something like this is done. even the police come there to collect their share, you need to see the smell of this Ogogoro they be chunning out in the market, Choi. the greatest war is being at war with ourselves, let embrace one another and fight this war together.

16 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by Sanchez01: 8:40am On Apr 11, 2017
ekems2017:
Nafdac do your job and stop apportioning blame. When Dora of blessed memory was there she fetched them out on her own. How do you expect a co dealer to expose his partner?
It doesn't work that way. If people won't cooperate with the agencies, it might be difficult for them to achieve a thing. Late Dr. Dora Akunyuli achieved a whole lot because she enjoyed the cooperation of so many people.

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by itsIYKE(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2017
ipobbigot7:
Another name for biafuro people is counterfeit.
Another name for China is also counterfeit....look where they are today....Biafra must surely rise

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by airminem(f): 8:41am On Apr 11, 2017
They Need To Temporary End This Atittude Around Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by dereborn(m): 8:41am On Apr 11, 2017
Dat wat d Igbos ar guud @..... production nd importation of fake nd substandard products

8 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by kingdenny(m): 8:41am On Apr 11, 2017
This is really bad.. . Do these people really have conscience? Making money at the expense of your fellow man health .
Tomorrow you give testimony and tithe in church.
Some news are really depressing.

9 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2017
paskyboy:
Speak for yourself, bro. In every state in Nigeria there's a gang of thieves heading the boards.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by orbgoblin: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2017
Don't forget they tried to kill that great woman there when she was fighting the same thing. She baarely escaped with her life with a bullet hole in her head tie.
ekems2017:

6 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by ObikeNkem: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2017
This is an open secret. As an Igbo man myself, I know that Igboland is a hotbed for all sort of criminal activities. The trade associations in Igboland are all criminal syndicates

8 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by konkonbilo(m): 8:45am On Apr 11, 2017
That's my problem with the fakers. 80% of drinks in this country are fake, thank God I don't take alcohol

7 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by iKnowevents(m): 8:46am On Apr 11, 2017
Then go and unshield the fakers, that was why the body was created.

Giving unnecessary excuses for ineptitude.

https://www.nairaland.com/3734419/he-wants-only-dance-cut
Re: NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers by kingdenny(m): 8:46am On Apr 11, 2017
Sanchez01:
How about a clamp down and a possible suit filed against the leadership of the market for aiding and abetting suspected criminals in the market?
Nafdac has been taking bribe for a long time from these market leaders. It takes two for a crime to continue for a long time. The authority and perpetrators.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imex Lister Generator With Alternator For Sale / Operating A Airport Taxi In Abuja / Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.