Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard (3452 Views)

What Is It With Fabregas And Trophiless Seasons (Arsenal Fc and Fc Barcelona) / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? / Mikel Obi, C.ronaldo, Fabregas And Messi. Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by emmacent: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
cesc fabregas of arsenal and frank lampard of chelsea who is more creative in the midfield i need ur opinion soccer fans
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by azeeza(f): 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
lampard is good but fabulous fabregas is better.

HAPPY GUNNERS HAPPY DAY cool
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by duduspace(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
how on earth did yu mention Lampard and creativity in the same sentence? effective yu meant?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
English players and creativity dont go together
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by allboyz(m): 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2009
no games no kidding straight to the topic - Fab4 RULES!!!!
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2009
Lampard is better. . . . . . .He has won league titles for his club.
Until Cesc does that, he should never be mentioned in the same breath with Lampard.

Are we talking about the same Frank Lampard that hasn't failed yet to score 20 goals per season for Chelsea in the last 4 seasons?
Cesc ko, Sex ni. . . . .Lampard is a starter for his country, Xavi and Iniesta won't let Cesc wear a shirt for Spain.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by sammy6(m): 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2009
Lampard is my best footballer
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Olisa4all: 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
Sauron,i think d question ws,"who's more creative". . .4 d past 3 seasons,who hs hd more assists lampard or Fabregas?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
Olisa4all:

Sauron,i think d question ws,"who's more creative". . .4 d past 3 seasons,who hs hd more assists lampard or Fabregas?

Even if we go by your criteria, Lampard whups Fabregas.
Creativity = goals + goals assists

2006/7

Lampard----11 goals + 10 assists
Fabregas---2 goals + 13 assists

2007/8

Lampard----10 goals + 8 assists
Fabregas---7 goals + 17 assists

2008/9

Lampard---12 goals + 10 assists
Fabregas---3 goals + 8 assists
----------------------------------------

Overall. . . . .

Lampard has 61 points
Fabregas has 50 points.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by allboyz(m): 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2009
Xavi + iniesta and older than FAB4 who is just 22yrs. . . .and when FAB4 is called upon,he has yet never failed! Spain midfield plays and formations does not accommodate 3 CM/ and offensive players without playing some on the wings and a DM. we all know the Xavi is class and FAB4 is also Class but Xavi gat to start. . . .and FAB4 is a 100% great deputy for him too. . .no diff but for age sake!

cesc with lamps. . . .cesc will rape lamps left right and center!
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by allboyz(m): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
@SUARON - WOT abt the play time in BTW ur stats? i mean the injures. . .?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2009
allboyz:

@SUARON - WOT abt the play time in BTW your stats? i mean the injures. . .?

Playtime? I dunno about that one, abeg.

allboyz:

Xavi + iniesta and older than FAB4 who is just 22yrs. . . .and when FAB4 is called upon,he has yet never failed! Spain midfield plays and formations does not accommodate 3 CM/ and offensive players without playing some on the wings and a DM. we all know the Xavi is class and FAB4 is also Class but Xavi gat to start. . . .and FAB4 is a 100% great deputy for him too. . .no diff but for age sake!

Heskey, Owen, Crouch are all older than Rooney.
If you are a good player, age shouldn't come into play.
The point is. . . . .With everyone fit, Fabregas cannot start for Spain.

cesc with lamps. . . .cesc will despoil lamps left right and center!

Like Lampard took your midfield apart at the Emirates?
The scoreline was 3-0 in case you cannot remember. grin
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by RuuDie(m): 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

English players and creativity dont go together

& i s'pose germans are over-creative & thats why they raid poor african & european nations & steal their players to make up their national teams abi angry
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
Another of una funny questions.
I'll give it to Fab this season.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by RuuDie(m): 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ topic,

definitely FAB4!
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by duduspace(m): 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

Like Lampard took your midfield apart at the Emirates?
The scoreline was 3-0 in case you cannot remember. grin

Lampard had nada to do with any of those goals. This is not a comparison between Arsenal and Chelsea. In the only season where Lampard had more assists than Cesc, he was out for 2 months and played a paltry 24 games to Lampard's 37. That is why I asked for clarification between effectiveness and creativity. You shldn't even think of comparing Cesc and Lampard in terms of creativity as the gulf is too wide. The english are not too keen on creativity but on guts and graft.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
duduspace:

Lampard had nada to do with any of those goals. This is not a comparison between Arsenal and Chelsea. In the only season where Lampard had more assists than Cesc, he was out for 2 months. That is why I asked for clarification between effectiveness and creativity. You shldn't even think of comparing Cesc and Lampard in terms of creativity as the gulf is too wide. The english are not too keen on creativity but on guts and graft.

Lampard is a better player than Cesc Fabregas every day of the week.
Playing fanciful football without results ain't the thing for me. . . . . .Lampard has no flair but he delivers.
Scoring 20 goals per season as a midifielder for the past 4 seasons is ridiculous. . . .Something Cesc can only dream about.

If Cesc is so good, let him lead his Arsenal side to a title.
No ifs, no buts!!!
I have seen Lampard several times rolling his sleeves and delivering titles for his club. Cesc should follow suit.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2009
& i s'pose germans are over-creative & thats why they raid poor african & european nations & steal their players to make up their national teams abi

Lemme put you to task

Name any English player that has the skill Thomas Hassler has in his toe nails. Old times?

Name any English youngster that has one- third of Mesul Ozils skills

Most players Germany used were all born in Germany

Just like saying England raided Nigeria for Agbonlahor, and raided the carribean for lennon, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand and other black guys

Or Oguchi Onyewu is Nigerian
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Lemme put you to task

Name any English player that has the skill Thomas Hassler has in his toe nails. Old times?

Name any English youngster that has one- third of Mesul Ozils skills

Charlton is better than any German player as far as skills and technique is concerned.
If you know any German player better than Bobby Charlton, post their Youtube Video or TAPE IT SHUT!!!
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2009
Does Bobby Charlton have youtube videos?

Tell me what Bobby Charlton did in his life.

Compare him to Beckenbauer, Muller, Rummenigge, Breitner, Sepp Maier nd you would see he is a dud.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Does Bobby Charlton have youtube videos?

Tell me what Bobby Charlton did in his life.

Compare him to Beckenbauer, Muller, Rummenigge, Breitner, Sepp Maier nd you would see he is a dud.

Bobby Charlton won a world cup, won Champions League and won Ballon d'Or. . . .He came 2nd TWICE.
U must be a flaming retard to be asking me what Charlton did in his life.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2009
Gerd Muller, Ulli Hoeness, Beckenbauer, Sepp Maier

All won World cup, Euro cup, Champions league,

Gerd Muller won Ballon D or
Rummenigge won Ballon D' Or
Beckenbauer won Ballon D' Or
Matthaus won Ballon D Or
If Charlton were to be German he wont make top 10
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

Gerd Muller, Ulli Hoeness, Beckenbauer, Sepp Maier

All won World cup, Euro cup, Champions league,

Gerd Muller won Ballon D or
Rummenigge won Ballon D' Or
Beckenbauer won Ballon D' Or
Matthaus won Ballon D Or
If Charlton were to be German he wont make top 10

O'Shea won Ballon d'Or. . . . . .Does it make him more skilful than Sagna or Bosingwa?
The issue is about SKILLS not what the GERMAN OAFS won?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2009
What skill does Charlton have that made him need a controversial deciion to win a World cup

Something Muller, Beckenbauer won with ease

Muller European best striker of the last century

Beckenbauer was runner up behind Cruyuff in Player of the century

1."Pelé" (Brazil) 1705 (Edson Arantes do Nascimento)
2.Johan Cruijff (Netherlands) 1303
3.Franz Beckenbauer (Germany) 1228
4.Alfredo di Stéfano (Argentina) 1215
5.Diego Armando Maradona (Argentina) 1214
6.Ferenc Puskás (Hungary) 810
7.Michel Platini (France) 722
8.Garrincha (Brazil) 624 (Manoel dos Santos Garrincha)
9.Eusébio (Portugal) 544 (Eusébio Ferreira da Silva)

Where is Charlton?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
dayokanu:

What skill does Charlton have that made him need a controversial deciion to win a World cup

Something Muller, Beckenbauer won with ease

Muller European best striker of the last century

Beckenbauer was runner up behind [b]Cruyuff in Player [/b]of the century

1."Pelé"                 (Brazil)        1705  (Edson Arantes do Nascimento)
2.Johan Cruijff          (Netherlands)   1303
3.Franz Beckenbauer      (Germany)       1228
4.Alfredo di Stéfano     (Argentina)     1215
5.Diego Armando Maradona (Argentina)     1214
6.Ferenc Puskás          (Hungary)        810
7.Michel Platini         (France)         722
8.Garrincha              (Brazil)         624  (Manoel dos Santos Garrincha)
9.Eusébio                (Portugal)       544  (Eusébio Ferreira da Silva)

Where is Charlton?

Who the Bleep is Cryuff?
Charlton made the FIFA World Cup ALL TIME TEAM and you are mentioning Cryuff?
Can he see beyond his nose?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2009
FIFA Magazine and Grand Jury vote
This part of the award was decided by the FIFA Magazine and Grand Jury.

Player Nationality Percentage
1 Pelé Brazil 72.8%
2 Alfredo di Stéfano Argentina
Spain
9.8%
3 Diego Maradona Argentina 6.0%
4 Franz Beckenbauer Germany 4.0%
5 Johan Cruyff Netherlands 2.0%
6 Marco van Basten Netherlands 1.5%
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by nateevs(m): 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
How did I miss this thread?
Absolute load of garbage. . . Only Arsenal fans start such threads.

Lampard is 31 and nearing the end of his career yet some people have the guts to put Lamps and Fab in the same room for comparison. How disrespectful!

Chelsea fans know I am not a big Lamps fan but please give respect to whom respect is due.

Lamps is English and Fab is Spaniard. . The English play effective football whilst the Spaniards play creative football. Lamps at his prime was the 3rd best footballer in the world and that was in the days when Dinho was the world best.

What has Fab achieved to merit comparing his creativity with Lamps?. .It's a meaningless thread. .

Very soon some of you will be comparing Bendtner's creativity with Drogba's . . all becos of discussing something. .

Buncha twats.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 8:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
nateevs:

How did I miss this thread?
Absolute load of garbage. . . Only Arsenal fans start such threads.

Lampard is 31 and nearing the end of his career yet some people have the guts to put Lamps and Fab in the same room for comparison. How disrespectful!

Chelsea fans know I am not a big Lamps fan but please give respect to whom respect is due.

Lamps is English and Fab is Spaniard. . The English play effective football whilst the Spaniards play creative football. Lamps at his prime was the 3rd best footballer in the world and that was in the days when Dinho was the world best.

What has Fab achieved to merit comparing his creativity with Lamps?. .It's a meaningless thread. .

Very soon some of you will be comparing Bendtner's creativity with Drogba's . . all becos of discussing something. .

Buncha twats.

ROFLMAOWPIMP. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Olisa4all: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2009
Sauron. .fabregas hd 38 assists in 3season & lampard hd 28 assists(accordin2d stats u gave) within d same 3season & u stil say lampard is more CREATIVE!?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Olisa4all: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2009
Sauron. .fabregas hd 38 assists in 3season & lampard hd 28 assists(accordin2d stats u gave) within d same 3season & u stil say lampard is more CREATIVE!?
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Ibime(m): 11:24pm On Dec 30, 2009
Fabregas is the best midfielder in England. I have been saying this since 2007.

All that was missing was the goals. Now he is scoring at an alarming rate with a composure that most strikers would sell their grandmother to possess.

What we are witnessing from Fabregas at this time is a moment of genius.

Ordinarily, central midfielders should not be dominating games as exclusively as Fabregas is in the Premiership. That is traditionally a wingers role in England.

Fabregas this season goes into the same echelon as Ronaldo, Henry and Cantona. . . . they are the only 4 players in that class in the last 20 years. . . . players who dictate games single-handedly.

Lampard belongs on the rung below with Gerrard, Drogba, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Vieira, Pires etc.
Re: Cesc Fabregas And Frank Lampard by Sauron1: 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
Olisa4all:

Creativity includes GOAL-SCORING. wink

Ibime:

Fabregas is the best midfielder in England. I have been saying this since 2007.
All that was missing was the goals. Now he is scoring at an alarming rate with a composure that most strikers would sell their grandmother to possess.

The only great midfielder that is yet to lead his team to win any title in England.
You are a disgrace!!!

What we are witnessing from Fabregas at this time is a moment of genius.
Ordinarily, central midfielders should not be dominating games as exclusively as Fabregas is in the Premiership. That is traditionally a wingers role in England.

Van Nistelrooy was not a winger when he took this league apart in his debut season.
Vidic wasn't a midfielder when his name kept appearing at the back of newspapers in the last 2 seasons.
To be a great player, leading your team to win something(or anything) must be a criterion.

Fabregas this season goes into the same echelon as Ronaldo, Henry and Cantona. . . . they are the only 4 players in that class in the last 20 years. . . . players who dictate games single-handedly.

You are a goat.
What is the common denominator in the players you mentioned above?
They all won tonnes of titles. Fabregas should follow suit.

Lampard belongs on the rung below with Gerrard, Drogba, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Vieira, Pires etc.

U wouldn't have said this when Lampard was in his PRIME.
When Frank Lampard was the hub in Jose Mourinho's Chelsea pinging ridiculous passes and delivery to team-mates.
I will have Essien and Gerrard ahead of Cesc Fabregas.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Like To Be Buried In Your Club's Official Cemetery? / Who Is The Best No 9? Aguero, Suarez,benzema, Costa,lewandoski. / UCL Play-off: Arsenal(3) Vs Celtic(1) [Agg: 5-1] On Wed 26th August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.