Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide (27389 Views)

Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office / Nude Photos: Katie Hill Resigns. Had An Affair With Male & Female Staff / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by peddy231(m): 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
admax:
Before you guys start yabbing Nigerian leaders remember President Bill Clinton of the same United States slept with his aide Ms. Monica Lewinsky few years ago!

He admitted to the affair and didn't resign neither was he impeached, so please chill
He was actually impeached but wasn't convicted or found guilty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by sundayojerinde(m): 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2017
Saraki should read this
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by davidif: 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
Heavance:
Definitely not in Nigeria, they will even tell you its just an affair.

In Naija, his supporters will even come and tell you the evidence against him was photoshopped or that it is a witch hunt.
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by davidif: 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
AntiWailer:
No be naija

They will die there.

In naija, even his supporters will even come and tell you the evidence against him was photoshopped or that it is a witch hunt.

1 Like

Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by KINGOZEK(m): 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
Do you have weak Erection, Low sperm Count? read this... www.fertilitycure.com.ng/malecure1.html
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
admax:
Before you guys start yabbing Nigerian leaders remember President Bill Clinton of the same United States slept with his aide Ms. Monica Lewinsky few years ago!

He admitted to the affair and didn't resign neither was he impeached, so please chill
He was impeached by the House of Reps, but was acquitted by the Senate
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by lexy2014: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
admax:

but he later admitted 2d affair and apologized
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by logica(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
TosineGuy:
God bless America. These are men of integrity.
This has nothing to do with integrity. His matter would simply get worse if he didn't resign. That's what happens when you have an active and strong electorate as opposed to docile and ineffectual.
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by ebby9z(m): 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
admax:

And the issue will never die down in American history till the end of time.
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by BABANGBALI: 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2017
HRich:
Lolz, so you were there?
he tolded me
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by Abbeyme: 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
goshen26:

NOT IN MY COUNTRY

I tell you
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by goodnews777: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
Sex has destroyed too many men. Every young man must marry a woman who is ready to be there whenever you need it. This thing for ages has brought down too many men.wish it was never there in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by andyanders: 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
GreenMavro:
If na Nigeria Politician he go deny am, he will not resign, even if them play d clip of him and d babe, he go deny m, if possible self, dem fit assasinate d gal angry angry angry

Nigeria Politicians are the worst on the face of this earth.

1 Like

Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by akigbemaru: 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
Esseite:
It was not even a billion/million dollar alledged corruption... but he took a bow and gave way when the ovation is high....

I dont even know what is wrong with this country.. other people are moving forward... what useless leaders are we caused with?....

angry angry
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by TijaniAbu: 1:46am On Apr 12, 2017
Millz404:

If you like bring pictures, videos, live stream etc... Nigerian politicians will say its photoshop and videoshop and work of detractors to prevent him from carrying out his God given mandate.... Lol

Nigerian politician will not even deny. The female aide will start harassing d wife.

1 Like

Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by BiggyBamBam: 7:19am On Apr 12, 2017
admax:

Get your facts right!!!
Clinton NEVER slept with the lady.
Re: Robert Bentley Resigns As Alabama Governor Over Illicit Affair With Female Aide by Bisola80: 10:24am On May 05, 2017
Abbeyme:
Alabama Governor Robert Bentley resigned on Monday after pleading guilty to two campaign misdemeanours amid allegations that he misused public resources to pursue an affair with a former aide.

He was also accused of intimidating officials in an attempt to cover it up.

Public allegations of an affair between Bentley and former senior political adviser Rebekah Caldwell Mason did not break out until March 2016, according to reports.

“I have decided it is time for me to step down as Alabama’s governor,” Bentley, a Republican who faced mounting criticism from his own party, said at the state Capitol shortly after he was booked into the Montgomery County Jail and released.

Shortly afterwards, Lt. Gov. Kay Ivey, a former state treasurer, was sworn in as Alabama’s 54th governor, vowing that her administration “will be open, transparent, and it will be honest”.

As part of a plea deal, Bentley agreed to perform 100 hours of community service and repay his campaign fund 8,912 dollars. He also forfeited the $36, 000 in the campaign account.

In turn, the state Attorney-General’s office will not pursue felonies against him.

Bentley, 74, had faced an impeachment move from his Republican legislators. He apologised to the citizens of the state.

“I’ve always believed the honour of serving as your governor was a calling that God placed on my life.

“Though I have committed myself to working to improve the lives of the people of our state, there have been times that I have let you and our people down, and I’m sorry for that”.

Speculation about the governor’s inappropriate behaviour began in August 2015, when Bentley’s wife of 50 years, Dianne, abruptly filed for divorce, stating in court records that their marriage had suffered an “irretrievable breakdown”.

Speculations became rife after Bentley fired the state’s top law enforcement official, Spencer Collier, saying that an internal investigation at the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency uncovered possible wrongdoing.

Within hours, Collier spoke out against the governor, alleging that he had seen and investigated sexual text messages and audio recordings between Bentley and Mason.

“When I stand behind you, and I put my arms around you, and I put my hands on your breasts and just pull you real close. I love that too,” Bentley said in one audio recording.

“If we’re going to do what we did the other day, we’re going to have to start locking the door,” he was also heard saying.

According to reports, Bentley made little effort to hide his relationship with Mason while at one point, he mistakenly sent a text message saying, “I love you Rebekah”, to his then-wife, Dianne.

Dianne also secretly recorded her husband speaking to Mason, reports said.

Bentley, a state representative and dermatologist, was elected governor in 2010 and re-elected in 2014.

http://omojuwa.com/2017/04/alabama-governor-robert-bentley-resigns-affair-aide/

We all know that this can not yet happen in our present day Nigeria

grin grin sad angry

Pls message me on whatsap 081 67015961

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Huge Explosion Hits Bogoso, Ghana. Scores Feared Dead / Second Kabul Airport Attack Likely In 24-36 Hours - President Biden / Poland's Prime Minister, Czech Republic And Slovenia Leaders Arrive In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.