Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? (7616 Views)

Nigerians Must Live With The Consequences Of "CHANGE" - FFK / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: This Is His Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by SMSguru(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
Most muslim youths may never go to US again until God-knows-when.
Nigeria may be seen as a terrorist nation.

What do you think?
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
US will bomb islamic nigeria soon ,all in the name of fishing out alqaeda,thats what!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by azeeza(f): 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
wahala dey shocked
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by snowdrops(m): 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
1. Muslims travelling from Nigeria to the USA will be seriously vetted and several will be denied visas.
2. Copy cat suicide bobmers will follow, and target places and people, mainly within Nigeria.
3. More resentment of christains from Northern Nigeria, and there might be spontaneous religious riots and massacres leading to the loss of hundreds of innocent lives. This likely to follow a verdict on Umar Farouk by the law courts.
4. Al queada will seek to establish a west african command in Nigeria as they have with Algeria/Libya in the north, somalia in the east and tanzania in the south. Their aim will be to overthrow the Nigerian government and make the country an Islamic state.

The oracle have spoken.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2009
^ story.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2009
Most muslim youths may never go to US again until God-knows-when.

Most hausa muslims rarely went to the US anyways grin
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by yemmight(m): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2009
SEFAGO:

It will now affect other muslims in the country unless those terrorists are seperated from us. Now they are imposing another illegal justice of fed on us. God punish those pple.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by azeeza(f): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2009
@SEFAGO

Tell me which country do they normally visit.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by suxes2005(m): 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
Infact dis guy did dis at the wrong time. there are prominent and genuine 9ja who wish to study abroad but dis guy's act might cause another fing

SHALOM
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by akigbemaru: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
SEFAGO:

Who told you that? A lot of Nigerian muslims in USA, but predominantly Yorubas. The good thing about is that (Yoruba muslims seem to be the most liberal muslims in the whole world). If you have been to Saudi, Pakistan, Yemen, Indonesia, Northern Nigeria and Iran; you will know what I am talking about.

As time goes on, religion with not be a priority again, because of too much evil people who parade themselves as servants of God to unleash afflictions on people.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Iposu: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
Na wa ooooooooooo!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by youngbest(m): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2009
i dont tink dis wil affect only muslims
it wil affect all of us,
check out dis page on facebook http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=219739857206&ref=nf
it the official disowning page 4 d muttalab guy,
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by joeyfire(m): 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2009
That spoilt brat, Umar Farouk has probably cast the the last possible stain on our national image. Dem say we be 419, drug traffickers and so on. At least they never called us terrorists but now they have an excuse. The only meaningful effect will be that visa approvals go funny sha as well as even more intense searches upon arrival at foreign airports. Nothing do us sha, after all USA had some of their sons fighting on the side of the taliban
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by bjmighty(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2009
We outside Nigeria are already feeling the consequence and there is still more to come. I agree with the contributor who said US will start bombing northern Nigeria with the excuse of fishing out Al-qaeda. Nigeria is about to break!!!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2009
Aside from the slowpoke's place of birth there is nothing remotely Nigerian about him.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2009
bjmighty:

We outside Nigeria are already feeling the consequence and there is still more to come. I agree with the contributor who said US will start bombing northern Nigeria with the excuse of fishing out Al-qaeda. Nigeria is about to break!!!
You outside Nigeria spreading this rubbish gist are just over reacting, you are not the only Nigerian abroad. Did the boy school in Nigeria? Get radicalised in Nigeria? Did he get bomb sewn to his dross in northern Nigeria? Did you hear anything about Al qaeda in Nigeria?

Sheesh enough of all this stupid speculation and wait till homeland security in the US releases a statement on a change of visa procedures, for now you guys should just shut it!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Mbeki: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2009
the al-kaida has been in the north since the return of democracy in 1999. they are the one causing all the religious riot and the imposing of sharia law in the Northern states. the northern elites knows these, and that will be the last thing they will admit.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
I find it really absurd how we have chosen to pretend in this that the only country that should care is the US. What about our security in Nigeria? Is this only about people planning to travel to the, yes, USA? What about people travelling from Nigeria? Why is our security so lapse? Note: Nigeria got the information FIRST, what did we do with it? Why did we still allow this man PASS? Why wasn't he stopped right there in Nigeria? I know we like to pretend ignorance tastes awesome, but when do we start acting right? Imagine a bomber or some bomb being placed on our own local flights or even international flights by radical and extremists?
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I find it really absurd how we have chosen to pretend in this that the only country that should care is the US. What about our security in Nigeria? Is this only about people planning to travel to the, yes, USA? What about people travelling from Nigeria? Why is our security so lapse? Note: Nigeria got the information FIRST, what did we do with it? Why did we still allow this man PASS? Why wasn't he stopped right there in Nigeria? I know we like to pretend ignorance tastes awesome, but when do we start acting right? Imagine a bomber or some bomb being placed on our own local flights or even international flights by radical and extremists?
SPOT ON!!
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by gidson12(m): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
its time this country divide, according to some bunch of americans they said 2015, abeg let it divide b4 then
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
hausas are more populated in the UK and not the US.

and nothing will happen to Nigeria look at pakistan, iran with all their terrorist , the US is trying to make them  a stronger alliance.

UK wants stronger economic ties with Pakistan : British Dy HC

KARACHI, Jan. 22 (APP): British Deputy High Commissioner in Karachi and Director UK Trade and Investment (Pakistan), Hamish St. Clair Daniel on Tuesday said his country wanted to further strengthen economic ties with Pakistan by exploiting new avenues to enhance the mutual trade and investment.
During his four years tenure as Director , United Kingdom Trade and Investment here, British investment in Pakistan has significantly increased and more than 100 British companies with their offices in Pakistan were evolved in trade within the country, he said during a meeting with members of Karachi Chambers of Commerce and Industry at its Secretariat here.

Obama Sends Holiday Message to Iran Calling for Stronger Ties between Iran, US'

President Barack Obama releases a video message directed at Iran. The White House sends the message to commemorate the Iranian holiday of Nowruz, or “New Day,” the Iranian New Year. Obama begins by lauding the history and culture of the Iranian people. He acknowledges that the US and Iran continue to have strained and difficult relations, but says, “[A]t this holiday we are reminded of the common humanity that binds us together.” Obama promises that the US will work to build a strong relationship through honest, respectful diplomacy.

Why should they give two f*** about Nigeria? If anything the US is scared of Nigeria leaning more towards the CHINESE.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
The Northerners have now taken abroad the act of terrorism which they have been practicing in Nigeria for long, killing fellow innocent citizens in the name of religion. Very soon God will re-organize the country called NIGERIA. If this plot succeeded, there would have been a wild celeberation in Kastina, Kano and other Northern state. The UK and American Government should now know better where their problems can always come from and not to be supporting the Northeners politically all the time just to make sure they get a share of their Nigerian Oil coming from empoorverished communities in the Southern Nigeria. Everyone in this country will for sure get a a share of this disgrace from this useless boy. Me self, I have got a real dose of it. My American fiancee has been calling and crying for an explanation to this. I hope this doesnt cost me losing her, lol, It is not about Green Card, I really do love her. I havent had rest in d past two days as she and her family are deeply worried. I just can imagine how Nigerian living especially in the US is coping with this. The consequence of this is far-devastitating to any Nigerian man or woman of goodwill and love for the global community
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2009
Kobojunkie
the level of threat in nigeria is far more less than that of america.The only terrorists in nigeria spring from the north and apart from that,most nigerians have never thought that one of their would ever ever become an international terrorist.I think thats why our borders and airports have been porous over the years but with this development,i hope our security agencies will live up to their responsibilities.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by SamMilla1(m): 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2009
BTW why are people feigning ignorance by shouting Muslim Nigerians wont travel To USA ?

IN THE EYES OF THE WEST , THERE IS ONLY ONE NIGERIA.
I dont think there is any indication about your religion on that green passport.
I was stopped On October 24 In Schonefeld Airport Berlin and the first thing the Officer said was :: NIGERIANA::
before hauling my backside into a secret room for search.

Today people tried checking in online as usual but of course some airlines activated online check in restrictions for the passport called Nigeria.

so please stop this MUSLIM NIGERIA poo.

all of us are deep inside the water now.

This is what we all look like to them
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by bjmighty(m): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

You outside Nigeria spreading this rubbish gist are just over reacting, you are not the only Nigerian abroad. Did the boy school in Nigeria? Get radicalised in Nigeria? Did he get bomb sewn to his dross in northern Nigeria? Did you hear anything about Al qaeda in Nigeria?

Sheesh enough of all this silly speculation and wait till homeland security in the US releases a statement on a change of visa procedures, for now you guys should just shut it!

I know you are drunk as a result of the cheap roadside paraga u took b4 going to cybercafe to buy 15mins time. Did i say anything about the alleged bombers schooling or where he got the bomb sew on his clothing. I only reported what i experienced as a result of the development and predicted what more to come, then you picked on me for no reason. You even ask of there was Al-qaeda in Nigeria. You must be outta ur mind! Yes u are outta it.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by olubuffett: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2009
@post
The guys checking the passport @ d us embassy wont be for a Muslim name only, it Will affect christain, ogun worshipers and every alot of people, and why put all d blame on 9ja after all CIA had is info weeks ago, what did they do? he even bought if ticket in Ghana, and no one is talking about the lapses in Amsterdam.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Kobojunkie
the level of threat in nigeria is far more less than that of america.The only terrorists in nigeria spring from the north and apart from that,most nigerians have never thought that one of their would ever ever become an international terrorist.I think thats why our borders and airports have been porous over the years but with this development,i hope our security agencies will live up to their responsibilities.

Let’s look at this from another angle please. 1000’s of lives have been lost in the last decade to home grown terrorists. That didn’t happen in America in the same time period. We have received numerous warnings of possible Al-Qaida connections in the north. Even after all that, we continue to have lapse and porous security everywhere in Nigeria.

Now, the war against terrorism, which went worldwide almost a decade ago, started with the US calling on countries to help in the fight, Nigeria being one of them. What happened over the weekend clearly shows that we have NOT been a part of that fight and are likely, yet again, to be pushed aside, for the umpteenth time. I know if Nigerians and individuals flying in from Nigerian ports to any external ports are subjected to extra searching, some idiots will come in to tell us that “Almighty” America hates Nigerians, but this is sort of where and how it all starts. If we keep showing that we are incompetent/not to be trusted with responsibility, what do we expect the world to do?

I do fault Amsterdam as well and was kind of calmed when the officials admitted there were problems from there end and they were working on installing body scanners in the next three weeks on their end. We already know that the US is taking the bulk of the blame for their allowing this man continue under the radar even though he was on a list of over 400,000 people, but I wonder if we are willing to do the right thing on the Nigerian end? Are we willing to take responsibility for the part we played in this, allowing a terrorist, whose father ,Nigerian big shot, reported to our own authorities that his son was exhibiting terroristic behavior, walk through our airport.

NOTE: when it comes to world politics, countries willing to take responsibility for faults are usually viewed as the big guys.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by deor03(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2009
A Nigerian friend US visa application was rejected this week.

His name is Ahmed Mohammed,
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by touchmeder: 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2009
SamMiller u have spoken well. made sense
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by Zubebe(m): 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2009
Hey guys look at the brighter side of this saga.
Nigerians will be under microscope all over the world and the result will be less 419 scams, less illegal immigrants etc. It will also mean less travel yonder for nigerians. Dubai will be a no go area for example. The boon here is it will affect us all including our theiving leadership and so thye have to spend their loot here.
Those hoping for a muslim/christian distinction in the eyes of americans are in for a shock. They dont care about your religion or crazy name. You are a nigerian and carry the green passport and thats it for them.
The north may be a hot bed for extreme religious views both muslim and christian but it is also the most tolerant and has been voted as the most business friendly. No wonder you find southerners all around. There are more southerners in the north than northerners in the south. They maintain businessess and enroll in schools all over.
Dowsnt this prove something?
Re: What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria? by ugo2u(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
The truth is this is bad for Nigeria's reputation (which has been bad from the word go), we shouldnt let this divide us further, i for on am a christian and I know muslims that are very good friends of mine and treat each other like brothers, in every country there are bad eggs, no matter how many bad eggs we have Nigeria shall survive, must survive and will survive, till I die I will 4ever thank God dat i am a nigerian. Its up to us to make good things happen and prove to the world especially USA that WE ARE NOT TERRORISTS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Investigation Of Strange Disease In Jigawa State / Gov. Ugwuanyi Hosts Rortay International President / We’re Ready To Work For Nigeria, Tinubu Assures Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.