Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. (65022 Views)

Ask That Girl For Her VIN Before Proposal And Marriage. Guy's Beware! (Pics) / Ladies Ask Any Question, First Guy To Nail It Earns An Exclusive PM From You / When A Woman Covers Her Face And Ask That Lights Be Turned Off During Intimacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 12, 2017
kimbra:
You said the gospel truth op. Those people live on credit card. Always working to pay off outstanding loans.

Unfortunately true !!
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 12, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
'Sir'Jeffrey:

Shouldn't the bobo ask the woman the same questions? What is good for the goose is good for the gander abi no be so?
My brother, na the ladies dey suffer in man hand pass for this kind issue naa. I know say na greed dey cause am shaa.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by lanchy: 12:30am On Apr 12, 2017
SmartMugu:

That's a complete lie. Only idiots in America think that way.

Even the current president of the US - Donald Trump filed for bankruptcy 4 times. His explanation- " I'm smarter than most people".
Yet Africans fill a huge portion of the spot he meant - the gullible ones! They know themselves, they can only brag of one thing alone - a US passport. Afterwards, everyone else in Nigeria is expected to listen to them whenever they talk - that how most of them think in their shallow minds.

There go a Nigerian lecturing people here on how the credit system in the US works when it's apparent he hasn't gotten the full picture yet.

Careful or the OP will come and abuse you for setting the records straight.....he also thinks everybody abroad is in Malaysia for some inexplicable reason.

One thing for sure about Nigerians is this, once they know 1% of something they are happy to make up the remaining 99%. A case of the blind leading the blind.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 12, 2017
SmartMugu:

OP, your topic started with "abroad", your story ended with "yankee". Where have you been to to concoct this nonsense, "abroad" or "yankee"? I asked because you sounded like you have no idea what "abroad" means and probably is hell bent on making some goro-chewing cats on nairaland feel like they're prettier and smarter than Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift etc,

Abeg, deal with ur problem wherever ure located.

If you are having problems with talking to girls wherever you are in any foreign country, you don't need TB Joshua to help you solve your problems. Stop discouraging people by saying all the crap you said above. Their problem is different from yours. Who knows if you're dealing with erectile disfunction? There you go trying to tell females to come to people like you and avoid others. Who wants to come to something that can't stand up as needed?

Na you suppose control ur idea, na ur idea dey control u. Abeg go si down.

Hehehe, did I get you bro? grin
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 12:31am On Apr 12, 2017
ikp120:

US dey owe China over $1 trillion. That's one of the most indebted country on earth. I wish Naija fit get up to $100 billion debt talk more of $1 trillion. sad sad sad

You got that right.

If a girl asks those questions, she will be talked of in derogatory terms.

Why would a girl ask a guy how much he has in his account?
Is that flashy car owned or financed? I challenge the OP to go down to a dealership and throw down $50k cash for a car. The system is not built like that. Dealerships prefer financing because banks must chop too. $50k becomes $60k with interest and add-ons. They have no incentive for cash deals except "mom and pop" used car dealers that love to fly below the radar for tax purposes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by AkinPhysicist: 12:35am On Apr 12, 2017
SirJeffry:
My brother, na the ladies dey suffer in man hand pass for this kind issue naa. I know say na greed dey cause am shaa.

Gbam! You don talk truth -finally. Women dey use marriage as Poverty Alleviation Program. Instead of these women to focus on self and career development dem go dey use ojukokoro eye dey look for mugu wey go suffer make money come give them - just like dat. If a woman makes her own money; and the man makes his own money then money will not be an issue when it comes to marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 12, 2017
pweetychyka:

grin grin grin grin

Wehdon sir.... Anambra man to the core cheesy cheesy
Yes ooo, they call us stingy but na sense we get. grin
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by AkinPhysicist: 12:39am On Apr 12, 2017
Women and Men:

If you wanna marry someone with good character then you should become someone with good character yourself.

If you wanna marry someone who is hardworking then you should become someone who is hardworking yourself.

If you wanna marry someone who is caring then you should become someone who is caring yourself.

If you wanna marry someone who is God-fearing then you should become God fearing yourself.

U na see where I dey go with this?

If you wanna marry a rich person then you should become a rich person yourself.

Say no to Gold digging

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 12:40am On Apr 12, 2017
SmartMugu:

That's a complete lie. Only idiots in America think that way.

Even the current president of the US - Donald Trump filed for bankruptcy 4 times. His explanation- " I'm smarter than most people".
Yet Africans fill a huge portion of the spot he meant - the gullible ones! They know themselves, they can only brag of one thing alone - a US passport. Afterwards, everyone else in Nigeria is expected to listen to them whenever they talk - that how most of them think in their shallow minds.

There go a Nigerian lecturing people here on how the credit system in the US works when it's apparent he hasn't gotten the full picture yet.

The sleazy ones use bankruptcy to their advantage. Unofficial report shows that a total of 125 US Congressmen had filed for bankruptcy one time or the other. But lower middle class and "9-5"ers dread that word. Trump is standing tall today because of his business teflon skin. 50 cents was coached to use bankruptcy law to its greatest benefits last year.

Corporate bankruptcy is even worse.

/

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by BlackOnassis(m): 12:47am On Apr 12, 2017
Blah blah blah. If u think im gonna drop 50 grand on a sweet 2017 Mercedes E-'class, then u r fvcking ret@rded. Finance the hell outta that whip, shorty! grin tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by oyienootieno: 12:48am On Apr 12, 2017
MsNas:

You're almost right except for the debt part. You don't have to have debt or service them to build up a superb credit profile. I run my bills through my credit cards then pay it off by the due date. I let a small amount report to the credit bureau though and then pay it off before incurring interest charges. That way, I don't have CC debt but I have some utilization reporting every month. Max of 15%.

Sharp girl...
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by chrisj2(m): 12:51am On Apr 12, 2017
The one question the girl, I am sort of interesed in, asked was when am I coming back to Nigeria.

The other questions from the OP was not entirely relevant as she saw my Facebook photo albums over many yeras, including so e scanned photos.

I will not tell anyone about my savings, the credit rating is not something most Nja girls will know about but having your own house with a mortgage answers that question.

Any girl intending to get involved with a guy abroad must face the fact that she is in a distant relationship and nowadays, she might not even get to move abroad with the guy. Unless, she is loaded herself and can sponsor studying. Or the man is so rich as to do all the running.

It is not ideal. And it is very expensive for the man.

So when are my coming back to Nja for good? After 2.5 months, I think it might be another 5 years at least. The country is pants and why come here to suffer - even if one is a cleaner, taxi driver, hotel worker, hospitality staff, parking attendant, bus driver, tube worker, kitchen porter (that is rank), data entry staff or even a teacher and so on...
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by ikp120(m): 12:52am On Apr 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

The sleazy ones use bankruptcy to their advantage. Unofficial report shows that a total of 125 US Congressmen had filed for bankruptcy one time or the other. But lower middle class and "9-5"ers dread that word. Trump is standing tall today because of his business teflon skin. 50 cents was coached to use bankruptcy law to its greatest benefits last year.

Corporate bankruptcy is even worse.

/
O boy, these guys have better business sense o. I was thinking that I am the only thinking like that o. I wish there's any serious credit system in Nigeria like US has, I for one would have taken out at least 10 million Naira credit for business purposes.

Those people are enjoying sha. sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Hotstew(m): 12:52am On Apr 12, 2017
MsNas:

Speak for yourself and your acquaintances auntie. Not all of us live on credit cards. I have multiple credit cards, but I don't owe anything on them, neither do I pay interests. I use it to build my credit profile and creditworthiness and get some cool cash back from them. Like I said, speak for yourself and for the people you know and not for all of us. Wehdone

Many of them don't understand how credit cards works. Tone they hear "credit" it means debt in their little minds.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by bameyi(m): 12:53am On Apr 12, 2017
SirJeffry pardon me and if you take offence am sorry.. based
You don't have to have credit to have a happy life. Two in the States there's a saying that cash is king most immigrants, buy their cars cash the only thing they apply for credit is home ownership. So debt profile is not import.

Living by your self if you are new as an immigrant pls. one of the best way to save is to have a roommate. If am not marry why not have a roommate. So what's the relevant of that question

SirJeffry you've never had an American experience.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by pweetychyka(f): 12:56am On Apr 12, 2017
SirJeffry:
Yes ooo, they call us stingy but na sense we get. grin

Lol... person wey stingy, don stingy! No be by tribe biko!
Na individual preference! grin grin grin

Btw, if na sense una feel say una get, make una use am well sha!
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Motolank: 12:57am On Apr 12, 2017
This is why most guys who brings wife from naija always end up loosing them, because they think they are coming to bed of roses here......ko easy o.
It's same way as naija abroad, even you have to do dirty jobs and work your ass out

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by colonel20: 12:58am On Apr 12, 2017
CplusJason:
That's the big mistake my cousin is making in Australia.
kimbra:
You said the gospel truth op. Those people live on credit card. Always working to pay off outstanding loans.

Having credit cards doesn't translate to depending on Credit to survive. credit card/credit history in USA is a NEED

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by MsNas(f): 1:05am On Apr 12, 2017
dingbang:
hi.. Are you married?
YES
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by FemiZets(m): 1:06am On Apr 12, 2017
The debt profile and total saving amount part of the write up will be a bit hard to swallow. Its like asking someone how much you've in your pocket for raining days. How much you owe to others like your bank, mortgage etc! Over here, first thing to know is that, as a society, we are addicted to credit cards. Almost everybody has used one at some time in their life, and more than half of people carry a balance on their credit card from month to month.
That means a ton of us (maybe you) are spending money needlessly on interest and fees.
It’s because we’ve been convinced of the myth that credit cards are a necessary part of life. That’s just a broad myth that way too many people believe. But when you consider reality, these myths just don’t hold up.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 12, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
most of these fellas abroad live on debt aka mortgage.
infact I remember a survey that says just about 25% of the American citizenry had savings of at least $100,000
It must be fewer people who have such an amount in their savings account.
I know that 75% of Americans cannot pony up $500 for an emergency; but we invest in 401k and other retirement plans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by MsNas(f): 1:07am On Apr 12, 2017
Hotstew:

Many of them don't understand how credit cards works. Tone they hear "credit" it means debt in their little minds.
Pay them no mind. They will always find a way to undermine you like saying all of us are in debt or we wash plates or dead bodies for a living. Yeye dey smell grin
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Elrex(m): 1:09am On Apr 12, 2017
CASH OUT SURE DIE AND LETS SHARE HUGE MONEY,
SUBMIT YOUR CREDIT CARD USA FOR TOP UP NEXT DAY CASHOUT 100%, AND ALSO SUBMIT ALL YOUR DROPS, ALL LOCAL BANKS AND CREDIT UNION FOR SURE CASHOUT NOTE...NO GHOST WORK NO LAZY CLIENT NO BUSY CLIENT
HONEST MIDDLE MAN ARE WELCOME GOD BLESSS US ALL
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by MsNas(f): 1:11am On Apr 12, 2017
bameyi:
SirJeffry pardon me and if you take offence am sorry.. based
You don't have to have credit to have a happy life. Two in the States there's a saying that cash is king most immigrants, buy their cars cash the only thing they apply for credit is home ownership. So debt profile is not import.

Living by your self if you are new as an immigrant pls. one of the best way to save is to have a roommate. If am not marry why not have a roommate. So what's the relevant of that question

SirJeffry you've never had an American experience.
Lmao. Oya please tell me how many immigrants have $45K cash to pay on a car immediately. Lolol. So I won't buy a house because I do not wanna have credit cards? Or I won't marry because I don't have cash to pay for a $400K house? Lol.

Key is to educate yoursel sir. I have never paid one cent on CC interest and I have gotten more than $1K back in cash backs.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by MsNas(f): 1:13am On Apr 12, 2017
CFCman:

It must be fewer people who have such an amount in their savings account.
I know that 75% of Americans cannot pony up $500 for an emergency; but we invest in 401k and other retirement plans.
Exactly. Invest in 401K and retirement. Depending on the terms of the 401K, you can withdraw or loan from it once a year. If you're like me, invest in 401K and also have a separate savings account that is not tied to terms like a 401K

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 12, 2017
MsNas:

Exactly. Invest in 401K and retirement. Depending on the terms of the 401K, you can withdraw or loan from it once a year. If you're like me, invest in 401K and also have a separate savings account that is not tied to terms like a 401K
You invested smartly
I'll soon start a 401k investment; I'm only doing my research on the best deals out there.
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by ikp120(m): 1:16am On Apr 12, 2017
Elrex:

CASH OUT SURE DIE AND LETS SHARE HUGE MONEY,
SUBMIT YOUR CREDIT CARD USA FOR TOP UP NEXT DAY CASHOUT 100%, AND ALSO SUBMIT ALL YOUR DROPS, ALL LOCAL BANKS AND CREDIT UNION FOR SURE CASHOUT NOTE...NO GHOST WORK NO LAZY CLIENT NO BUSY CLIENT
HONEST MIDDLE MAN ARE WELCOME GOD BLESSS US ALL

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by MsNas(f): 1:18am On Apr 12, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
most of these fellas abroad live on debt aka mortgage.
infact I remember a survey that says just about 25% of the American citizenry had savings of at least $100,000
What's the percentage of Nigerians that have #4,000,000 (roughly $11K) saved up? Not to talk of #36,000,000? Lmao. Mortgage is inevitable, except you have $400K stored up in the corner of your room to pay for your house cash down or you want to continue helping your Landlord pay for his mortgage via your monthly rent check. Your choice...pick one.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by InvertedHammer: 1:19am On Apr 12, 2017
ikp120:

O boy, these guys have better business sense o. I was thinking that I am the only thinking like that o. I wish there's any serious credit system in Nigeria like US has, I for one would have taken out at least 10 million Naira credit for business purposes.

Those people are enjoying sha. sad sad sad sad

Such is life. Folks are comfortable in their levels thinking they know it all. There was a big scandal few years back about a leak in Panama papers involving shell corporations. Who were the perperators? Millionaires and billionaires of the world. How many people living 9-5 know about shell corporations? They live paycheck to paycheck, able to afford some things and pretend they understand the world of finance, money and how it works.

Sometimes it is better to let them entertain themselves.
//

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by MsNas(f): 1:21am On Apr 12, 2017
CFCman:

You invested smartly
I'll soon start a 401k investment; I'm only doing my research on the best deals out there.
The earlier the better bro. It can never be too early. My hubby actually advised me to do so. My company has a good 401K package. They match a very high percentage of my annual salary. Hubby does so too. Combined, we were able to shore up 20% downpayment for our house to avoid paying PMI on the loan

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Taryur3(m): 1:21am On Apr 12, 2017
MsNas:

Speak for yourself and your acquaintances auntie. Not all of us live on credit cards. I have multiple credit cards, but I don't owe anything on them, neither do I pay interests. I use it to build my credit profile and creditworthiness and get some cool cash back from them. Like I said, speak for yourself and for the people you know and not for all of us. Wehdone
Don't mind those stupid people, most of them mixed up their morning with evening drugs before spilling poos here, I have up to six credit card and which I maintained perfectly...I paid back directly after purchase to keep building the credit...and I think those that have car loan are capable of paying back, though I never like that kind of life...but it's not this assholes headache naaa...
Re: Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 12, 2017
MsNas:

What's the percentage of Nigerians that have #4,000,000 (roughly $11K) saved up? Not to talk of #36,000,000? Lmao. Mortgage is inevitable, except you have $400K stored up in the corner of your room to pay for your house cash down or you want to continue helping your Landlord pay for his mortgage via your monthly rent check. Your choice...pick one.
Lol
If an immigrant wants to buy a house in San Francisco/Silicon Valley, the immigrant must have saved up to $800,000... but we all know it's only Dangote or Davido who have thank kibd of money saved up from years of hard work

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

5 Ways To Take Off The Bra By Joseph Edgar / Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking / Nigerian Groom Cries At His Wedding (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.