Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

***all In The Name Of Love*** - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ***all In The Name Of Love*** (27146 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Game Of Love And Obsession / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Eniqurl(f): 8:46pm On May 12, 2017
I dislike Tunde's mum already

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by bummybummy(f): 9:15pm On May 12, 2017
Hmmm, just watching wia dia drama will end to

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Stevenbright(m): 9:24pm On May 12, 2017
You are doing very well.

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 7:21am On May 13, 2017
Eniqurl:
I dislike Tunde's mum already
Lolzzzz..
That's the reason why you are rational being
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 7:23am On May 13, 2017
bummybummy:
Hmmm, just watching wia dia drama will end to

Not only you dear. We are in into this together
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 7:24am On May 13, 2017
Stevenbright:
You are doing very well.
hmmm, thanks so much bro.
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 7:25am On May 13, 2017
Next update soon
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:06am On May 13, 2017
***ALL IN THE NAME OF LOVE***
*****EPISODE TWENTY-THREE*****
Tunde's mother entered the sitting room and beckoned her to come closer to her.

Shade stood up and moved to Tunde's mother who has opened her arms to offer her warm hug. She was embraced. Then, Tunde's mother thanked her for the sacrifices she made and also enjoyed her not to react as if she had seen Tunde a day before, before she was being led to where Tunde was.

Shade's mother who was exonerating herself on the reason why she couldn't check on Tunde paused when Shade and Tunde's mother surfaced. She faced Shade and said

"Why did you stay behind? Or didn't I tell you the reason why we are here?"

Shade kept mute with her head bowed, trying to avoid eyes contact with both Tunde and her mother.

"Please leave my wife alone o." Tunde's mother said and then faced Shade "Shade, don't mind your mother jawe. That's how she does. Just come and stay beside me here." She added.

Shade's mother smiled.

"Shade, how far? Hope you were not maltreated?" Tunde asked in low voice.

"Not at all. I'm fine. What about you? Hope you're now very much okay?" Shade reciprocated shyly.

"I'm very much okay. I've said I won't forgive you for not checking on me on until when mummy told me what happened to you. Hope you're good?"

"Yes." Shade replied, feeling uncomfortable owning to the presence of her mother.

Tunde's mother could read hear reaction and give a meaning to it. So, she asked her friend to let them move to the sitting room, leaving both Shade and Tunde in the room. And which Shade's mother succumbed without any form of reluctancy.

"Tunde, take good care of your wife very well... Drinks are inside refrigerator or better still, you could come to bar for any." Tunde's mother said and she left for the sitting room with her friend.

"Alright ma." Tunde replied.

"What should I offer you now?" Tunde's mother asked her friend who was already on her seat.

"Am I a visitor here? Abeg, come here and gist me how everything went jawe." Shade's mother replied.

Shade's mother neglected her friend's response, then she took two glasses of cups coupled with a bottle of bluish wine from bar, placed them on a tray, walked smartly and dropped it on a stool placed beside the seat where her friend sat. She carried the stool gently and dropped it in front of her, opened the wine, and poured the wine into the glasses. She carried a glass, leaving the other, and then moved to a seat directly opposite her friend, seated.

Shade's mother carried her own glass of wine and sipped a little. Then she dropped it back on the stool.

"Now that I've been entertained, would you now gist me how everything went?" Shade's mother inquired inquisitively.

"You and gist! Must you know everything? After all, all we needed was success of the process and thank God, it was. And beside, I don't think telling you the whole process could be done by me but Baba, because both Cynthia and I were with Tunde while Baba was in charge of everything. So, what should I tell you, Amebo (gossiper)?"

Shade's mother was a bit bewildered with lackadaisical reaction of her friend. She felt reluctant. Is she still angry for not showing up while Tunde was ill? Or what could have caused this sudden change in reaction? Though, the words uttered by Tunde's mother were said jokingly, but one could still read meaning to it. Something must be fishing, she thought.

"If you like, call me different names, na you sabi. Sha gist me how Cynthia got you the girl. And in addition, I will like to know the girl for a reason."

"Know the girl? For what?"

"You know the implication of the girl sleeps with a man... And don't forget I have two matured sons."

"Would you tell them if you know the girl or how do you wanna address the issue?"

"I think the best way is to prevent them from going near her."

"How possible is that? Did you even think that what we buried will be exposed the moment your sons know about this?"

Shade's mother took a deep breath. She could reason along with her friend.

"Yes, you're very much correct. But how did you intend to keep the secret? Did you trust Cynthia? What about the girl herself, did you trust her?"

"That's what is giving me headache for now. But I think the secret should be kept because I've paid Cynthia and she has settled the girl?"

"But did you follow up the issue?"

"Follow up? As how?"

"If Cynthia truly settled the girl. What if the girl later come up and starts threaten you? Even, Cynthia herself could turn you to money making machine and starts extorting you. As for me, I don't trust any of them."

Tunde's mother sighed.

"You're right. But what do you think it's the way out?"

"I don't know how you're going to react on my suggestion."

"Just tell me something. I'm ready to do whatever you say so far the secret will be kept."

"Good!" Shade's mother said and moved to her friend's side. She poked her mouth into her friend's ear, then whispered some words into it.

"Haaa! We should do what? Kill the two of them?" Tunde's mother shouted out of shock.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Who is the most wicked being among them?

*Cynthia

*Tunde's mother

*Shade's mother

Justify your claim with atleast two reasons.

Your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 9:57am On May 13, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by bummybummy(f): 10:21am On May 13, 2017
did women at somtin else, don't even know who z most wicked person BTW dem

2 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by feyorpe: 5:11pm On May 13, 2017
The most wicked is Shade's mother because she he's been the architect of the drama since when her friend was desperately in need of a child.

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Fijumokesayo(f): 7:47pm On May 13, 2017
The Yorubas will say" eepa npa ara e, o lohun npa aja" smh! This Iya Shade is a wicked human being. How can sha advise her friend to take a life? I mean two lives that included her daughters own for that matter! Hmmmmmm let he/she that dig a hole for his/her enemy not dig it deep, cuz he/she may also end up in that pit... I'm watching Iya Shade's life video...

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:50pm On May 14, 2017
bummybummy:
did women at somtin else, don't even know who z most wicked person BTW dem

Lolzzz
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:51pm On May 14, 2017
feyorpe:
The most wicked is Shade's mother because she he's been the architect of the drama since when her friend was desperately in need of a child.

We are on the same page
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:52pm On May 14, 2017
Fijumokesayo:
The Yorubas will say" eepa npa ara e, o lohun npa aja" smh! This Iya Shade is a wicked human being. How can sha advise her friend to take a life? I mean two lives that included her daughters own for that matter! Hmmmmmm let he/she that dig a hole for his/her enemy not dig it deep, cuz he/she may also end up in that pit... I'm watching Iya Shade's life video...

hmmm.... confirmed

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:53pm On May 14, 2017
I so much appreciate your comments. You're blessed
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:55pm On May 14, 2017
*****EPISODE TWENTY FOUR******
Shade's mother quickly covered her friend's mouth with hands.

"What now? Our children are around now. You just shouted like that. Is there anything special in that?" Shade's mother said, and returned to her seat.

Tunde's mother gazed at her friend weirdly. She never thought such suggestion could come from her friend's mouth. So, mama Shade also has no human feelings; she is so rigid and heartless. She thought.

"But, why did you think eliminating them is the best option?"

"I want you to understand something...all what have been doing are not done because of myself, but you and your son. Didn't you know that I will not be able to sleep whenever you're in trouble. Your problem is my problem. And beside, come to think of it, if the girl is not eliminated, didn't you know that she could cause problem for either my sons or yours accidentally? And you know how deadly the implication is. God forbid bad things. Precaution is better than cure."

Tunde's mother took a deep breath. If Mama Shade could think this way, then what would be her action if she gets to know that her daughter is the girl in question? Huunn! This is a very serious and sensitive issue. Her thought ran wide.

"I will like to subscribe to your suggestion, but the issue of Cynthia..." Tunde's mother paused.

"Yes, what happened to her? You wanna spare her?" Shade's mother asked with weird look.

"I'm thinking of sparing her. The lady has been good to me. In fact, her impact in bringing Tunde back to life couldn't be over accentuated. I will be an ingrate if I pay her back with such brutal action. And my conscience will not let me sleep."

"The ball is in your court. You can play it as you like. But, it's better to play the save game. I rest my case."

Tunde's mother heaved heavily. Though, she has made up her mind initially to give it whatever it takes to keep the secret. In fact, her friend's suggestion was her target, but how to carry out the assignment with the involvement of her friend was given her headache. She couldn't reason straight.

"You know what is going to happen? I will need to feed you back on my conclusion."

"Okay o. But hope you're not seeing me as a ruthless being?"

"Funny you! Thanks so much. I really appreciate all your efforts. In fact, you're indeed a friend."

"It's nothing. Lest I forget, I will want us to visit Baba for appreciation." Shade's mother said.

"Is that necessary again?"

"Yes, it is. Could you believe Shade was released without paying a kobo. And if you could remember what Baba prophesied that Shade will come home without any problem. Or were you not the one who told me?"

"Yes, I was. But that doesn't mean we should turn him to God now."

"It's good for you anyway. But it shouldn't be you. Just let me know if you're interested in going or not." Shade's mother said with slightly raised tone. Then she stood to her feet.

"Why taking this issue personal now? Okay, we are going together. So, when are we going?"

"Hope I'm not forcing you to do what you're not interested in doing?"

"Funny you! Abeg, when are we going jare?" Tunde's mother asked jovially.

"Let me know whenever you want us to go." Shade's mother replied and called on Shade.

Shade and Tunde came out to the sitting room.

"So fast ma?" Tunde asked.

"Don't mind me jare. We are still going to pay you another visit some other days, my dear."

"Alright ma." Tunde replied.

"Shade, hope you have nice time with your friend?" Tunde's mother asked Shade.

"Yes ma." Shade replied with smile on her face.

Tunde and his mother saw off their visitors.

Shade and her mother entered the car they came with. Shade and Tunde, who stood at the exit door, gazed at each other passionately while his mother who stood by the car's door, resting her elbows against the window of the driver's side, discussing with Shade's mother. Then, the engine of the car was ignited. Just then, Cynthia came out from her apartment, she greeted both Tunde's mother and her friend subtly from afar and then moved towards the entrance of the compound's gate majestically, and then exited.

"What just happened now?" Shade's mother asked her friend.

"As in?"

"What made Cynthia acted that way?"

"Maybe she is not in mood. Everyday is not festival."

"Alright." Shade's mother replied and punch the horn of her car, signaling she was ready to be on her way.

Tunde, go and open the gate." Tunde's mother called on Tunde.

Tunde moved to the gate to pave way for them. He stood at the gate and waved to Shade till he lost sight of her and then returned to the house.

TO BE CONTINUED.
Unedited

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Eniqurl(f): 11:12am On May 15, 2017
Nice work... Keep it up.

Cc: Hadampson
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2017
Eniqurl:
Nice work... Keep it up.
Thanks dear
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2017
Eniqurl:
Nice work... Keep it up.
Thanks dear
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 12:29pm On May 15, 2017
******EPISODE TWENTY-FIVE******
Cynthia knocked on Uche's door for several times before she was being asked to come in. She opened the door and walked in majestically to have her seat. She crossed her legs over the other while looking at Uche like a hungry lion who just sees a pray. She was ready to attack without any consideration if Uche was not ready to succumb to her will.

Uche turned down the volume of his deafened home theater, and sat directly opposite of Cynthia.

The appearance of Cynthia was not an impromptu to him. He has been expecting her visitation, and he was ready to maintain his stand and prepared for the worst.

They both gazed at each other out of phobia for they didn't know the plan of oneself for each other.

"Could you just tell me what happened yesternight?" Cynthia asked to break the silence.

"Happened? As in?" Uche replied, squeezing his face to show that he didn't understand her.

"Why did you drop and off your phone when we were not yet done with our conversations?"

"Hun? Drop and off?" What did you mean by that?"

Cynthia was a bit furious about Uche's stance towards her. She believed Uche understood, but only trying to play upon her intelligence. She banged the table in front of her and stood to her feet, to express her grievances.

"Uche, I'm not here to play, but for business. Therefore, I would urge you to stop all these pranks, otherwise, what you don't expect might happen."

Uche laughed sarcastically. Though, he knew what Cynthia was capable of, but he was not moved with her threat.

******************************************************************************************
Uche and Cynthia attended same higher institution and graduated together. Though, Uche, a fair handsome guy, but with a scaring look was an engineering student while Cynthia was a science student. They both stayed in the same hostel, some miles away from their School.

Uche was feared by almost everyone because of his rascality. No one knew his secret whether he belonged to a secret cult or not. This was because he was being attacked by different sect of cultists, but didn't meet his Waterloo.

Cynthia's beauty caught the Uche's fancy the very moment she resumed hostel. Uche, who was in two hundred level then find a way of closing to her. And later asked her out, but which Cynthia declined her request, claiming she was a fresh student, and beside, she had a guy in her department, who she was already dating.

Cynthia never thought of having any close relationship with Uche based on the information she heard about him. But no one is perfect and everyone on earth has his or her own flaws. Cynthia was hot temper. She acted furiously whenever she was angry and may later regret her action. And this her deficiency was what led her to unsolicited relationship with Uche.

Cynthia unfortunately stabbed her claimed boyfriend she has been dating right from hundred level when she was in three hundred level to death as a result of misunderstanding that happened between them. And the body was disposed through the help of Uche without any trace or suspect.

Uche wondered what could make a lady to be as so cruel to the extend of murdering her boyfriend. He was a bit scared, but being a strong guy, he believed he could handle her, no matter how stubborn she is. And beside, he believed with her secret he had at hand, he would be using that against her; to key her down. And therefore entered relationship with her, though they didn't have intention of marrying each other.

********************************************************************************************

"You're very funny! What is that unexpected? Hun? Open your eyes dear. This is Uche. I'm not the type you could be threatening. Okay?" Uche replied frankly, still maintaining his position.

Uche's words aggravated her anger. Her eyes scanned through the room, searching for what could be used to attack. But her attention was caught by the question asked by Uche

"What was our agreement? Wasn't one hundred thousand?"

"Yes, of course." She replied.

"So, why are you disturbing my life? Can't you just get your own share from her?"

"What are you telling me? Are you telling me you didn't know the amount that was sent into your account?"

"One hundred thousand naira of course. And I'm not ready to share any kobo with anybody, because I've budgeted the money."

Cynthia couldn't believe her ears. How possible is that? Who is deceiving who? Could it be that Tunde's mother was lying to her or Uche was the one playing her? She was totally lost in confusion. Calling Tunde's mother for verification was not an option, she thought.

"A Hundred thousand or what did you say?" She asked to be sure.

"I don't have time for all this rubbish. How many times will I tell you that? And if you're not satisfied with that, the message alert is still on my phone for confirmation."

Cynthia was a bit sober and almost gave up, but her instinct pushed her to ask for his phone which he gave voluntarily. She opened the messages; it was the first message on the list, then she read through it keenly...

"Your Acct 305XXXX809 Has Been Credited with NGN1,000,000.00 On 14-MAY-2016 10:46:42 By Trns Frm GLOBAL BANK To FBN: 005XXXX809. Bal: NGN1,002,7869.46CR"

She wiped his face to be sure she was seeing one million naira. And yes, it was. Then, she turned to Uche with crimson look and pointed at him...

"You're a thief!"

Uche was shocked and confused. He couldn't understand her allegation. He looked at her in wonders.

Cynthia threw his phone to him so as to understand.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Unedited

*What did you think is happening?

*Could you guess what is likely to happen in the next episode?

*Let's see how good you are in guessing

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by bummybummy(f): 1:07pm On May 15, 2017
no b uche's fault, him no know book
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by MhizDherbee(f): 9:54pm On May 15, 2017
Wow! Another update Please!!!
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Hadampson(m): 9:55am On May 16, 2017
Eniqurl:
Nice work... Keep it up.

#Parks red ferrari in the garage
#walks in majestically with 2 bouncers alamiendagash and stephengee12
#arranges a table for two
#spreads Tortilla de patatagrin

Hey eniqurl i see u (tanx 4 d mention) plz help me get bottle of ORIGIN for NL amebo hormobolanle and NL landlady mama nnenna

Lemme go and read first b4 i comment

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2017
bummybummy:
no b uche's fault, him no know book

Lolzzz... Thanks for following anyway
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 5:43pm On May 16, 2017
MhizDherbee:
Wow! Another update Please!!!
You have joined the train too... welcome
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 5:44pm On May 16, 2017
Hadampson:

Hey eniqurl i see u (tanx 4 d mention) plz help me get bottle of ORIGIN for NL amebo hormobolanle and NL landlady mama nnenna

You're fully welcome bro
Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 5:47pm On May 16, 2017
Cooking on point... it will soon be available to be dished out for your pleasure.

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by ajodem(m): 6:26pm On May 16, 2017
*******EPISODE TWENTY-SIX*******
Uche collected the phone and went through the message. He read in between lines for several times, and he was knocked down when he finally realized it was truly a million naira. His heart was saddened for not realizing this before that period. And this made him weak.

"One milla (million)! So, it was one milla I read as hundred thousand! Shit mehn! Stupid me!" Uche uttered, still couldn't believe it. He dropped the phone and then relaxed his back soberly, with his head placed against the back of the chair. He took a deep breath and his eyes were closed gently with his right hand placed on his forehead, meditation on what will be his next action.

Cynthia was thrown into confusion with his reaction; was he not the one she spoke with me when he said "the woman did well by sending one million" the other time? What has got over this guy? Probably, he was under the influence of marijuana when he was speaking with me then, she concluded. And yes, she was right. Uche couldn't let go a day without smoking it. He was highly high when the alert entered and saw the right thing, one million naira, but later saw something different from the actual amount sent.

Silence rented the air as Cynthia went back to her seat with her arms folded across her chest, expecting his next line of action. She sat down calmly with her eyes closed, meditating and strategizing on how to get her own share out of the money.

The ringing of Cynthia's phone interrupted every thought going on their individual mind.

Cynthia opened her eyes gently and grab her bag, grappling with it so as to pick up the call, but the call was missed...it was Tunde's mother.

"Why is she calling me?"

She murmured and frowned her face. She has not dropped the phone when it started ringing again. She looked at its screen weirdly, thinking of neglecting the call but later changed her mind when the call was about to lapse and then picked up...

Tunde's mother greeted and appreciated her for the service she has rendered her and also requested for her urgent attention which Cynthia promised to grant before the call was hung up.

Cynthia knew what's likely to be the reason behind the call. She believed it would be on the suspense she has kept her. And she believed that would be another avenue for her to get out another huge amount of money.

"Uche, you know what?" Cynthia asked.

"What's that?" Uche curiously asked in response.

"Madam was the one who called me just now. She needs me right now, but I have to let you understand that she will be giving us another task to perform soon."

"Another task?" Uche cut in.

"Yes, another one. That's the reason for the call. And the money in your account is paid in advance to complete the task, though the task is not yet known."

On hearing that, Uche's two banana's leaves were widely spread. He readjusted himself on his seat and concentrated.

"Gist me more please!" Uche said curiously.

"Lemme just meet her first to confirm if it's a kind of job we could embark on."

"Forget about the type of work. I, Uche Otoponko, I'm ready to embark on the whatever job she wants so far all the money will be mine. Even, if it is to kill this country's president, I'm ready."

Cynthia looked at him and weirdly. She wasn't shocked about the response she heard from Uche. She knows how desperate he is when it comes to money issue. And therefore, she only caution him by letting him aware that the money will be shared in-between both of them.

Uche wasn't that satisfied with Cynthia's condition, but pretended to be okay with it. And told her to let him know whatever the task is, promising to do it once and for all.

Cynthia was very optimistic that Uche is going to carry out the job, perfectly well without any trace if he is interested in doing it. But her fear was how she won't be betrayed by him... Won't he run away with the money in his account without gotten the job done?

She smiled wickedly.

"Uche dares not try it! Who dares sew clothes with cobwebs? I trust him. He won't like to play upon my intelligence. And if he does, then he has rattled bee's nest and he will definitely bear the consequences." She concluded in her mind.

Then, she stood to her feet and walked to Uche's side, then sat on the arm of the chair, rightly beside him and rested on his shoulder. Thereafter, she started playing thoroughly with his head, caressing it.

"Cynthia, what are you trying to insulate now? This is not the right time to make love, but to do business. Go and meet the Madam first and let's know what to do. Then, we can later celebrate the success of the job with that." Uche said calmly.

"Alright dear." Cynthia responded and stood up.

"I'm gonna update you as soon as possible" she added and walked briskly out of the room."

Uche eyes accompanied her as she walked briskly out of the room. Then, he stood up and looked through the window to confirm if she has finally left. And he was convinced. Then, his arms were at akimbo.

"One Milla (one million)." He said in wonders.
"This is Igbo(marijuana) don dey turn my sha. No problem anyway, just go and come back." He added.
TO BE CONTINUED

Unedited

3 Likes

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by Toyin223(f): 7:04pm On May 16, 2017
Gud Work

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by AlamienDagash(m): 8:39am On May 17, 2017
Hadampson:

Anoda story?
okay oo lemme adjust MAHSelf.
thanks for the mention.

1 Like

Re: ***all In The Name Of Love*** by stephenGee12(m): 9:13am On May 17, 2017
Hadampson:

So na we b bodyguard abi. U don see were bidy guard dey kill him oga.
*enters thread with my gold plated geebourghini grin grin *
Sees dat d thread has begunneth already.
Oya let's roll with d thread no worry my machine fit fly and swim so I go catch up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Naked Truth (18+) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Didn’t Know About Him / Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.