Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,628 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Where Is The President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The President Of Nigeria (3121 Views)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Ten Things I Would Do If I Were The President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The President Of Nigeria by monkeyleg: 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2009
My People, minus joke where is the president of Nigeria.

How can he be gone for 38 days with no word to his subjects. Which kind ruler be that. This one don pass joke, if e no well, make e come out come tell us, make someone else take over. It is never heard of that a president will be gone for so long without a single word, let him speak from his sick hospital reassure Nigerians that he is ok. If not make he hand over power to Jonathan make we hear word.

This is the problem with Nigeria, we are very good at doing nothing and not challenging our leaders when they err.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by kshow1(m): 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
, On life support machine ,
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2009
he iz watching football in Saudi Hospitu and also drinking kunuuu
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by monkeyleg: 8:50am On Dec 31, 2009
Maybe, but I think Nigerians are missing the opportunity to change things in our country.

What I always get on sites like this is complaints from all of us, but people not prepared to do anything to change the situation. Someone once commented that some of us have missed the oppotunity to enjoy a good Nigeria, but we must not prevent our children fron enjoying a fully functional and progressive Nigeria by not acting. Nigeria is probably the way it is today, because either our parents or the generation before us did nothing to change things.

I hear a lot of talk about about God coming to save Nigeria, even when her people are not ready to help save the country, we must show commitment and a true desire for change, and put in the effort before we get the blessing we so desperately seek.

Dont we see what is happening in Iran? change will definitely come you wait. Our collective will is so weak that I doubt it will ever change anything. Let us start by stopping all this unproductive finger pointing and start asking very serious questions i.e what can we do as a people to change things? if you are not happy with the current setup, how can you create an alternative? is it possible to host a credible opposition (a question I once posted on here, but no one was interested in answering), Will 2011 come and go with no change? how did we arrive at our current position? did I play a part in under-developing Nigeria? what are the consequencies of doing nothing? as a nation of 150m people, is it true that we can not find 100 good people to lead us, or does that challenge of change scare us? what is it as a people that excites us about remaining in our present position? The questions are plenty my people and we have got to start answering them
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by kosovo(m): 8:55am On Dec 31, 2009
monkeyleg:

Maybe, but I think Nigerians are missing the opportunity to change things in our country.

What I always get on sites like this is complaints from all of us, but people not prepared to do anything to change the situation.

enof said,  Nigerians are too good at talking from their cubicle, it is a total shame that close to 40 days, no body knows the whereabout of The President,  yet everyone is as though nothing has happend,  WHERE IS THE REVOLUTION?
            i pity our generations, we have created much more problems than our Ancestords did,  angry angry

What a country,
  words fail me
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 31, 2009
Last time i checked,he was on his sickbed in saudi where he signed the budget
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by puskin: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2009
He never signed any budget.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by monkeyleg: 9:43am On Dec 31, 2009
This is not about signing budget, but a deeper lying problem. If anyone actually sits down and does the maths to work out how long it will take us to reverse the current trend, some of you might be shocked to find that generations might pass before things change for the better. so the quicker we get our act together and start moving forward the better for everyone, including us armchair politicians.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 31, 2009
Ethnic distrust continues to be our major challenge.Simply ask,why cant yaradua resign and handover to goodluck?.North doesnt trust south vice versa and that is why it might take a long time before things work out in this country
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by monkeyleg: 10:18am On Dec 31, 2009
Good point, but not an excuse we must always call on for not moving forward. North, South, East and West, there is one common factor, all sides want a better Nigeria, what ever shape that takes. We should be thinking of alternative, and although I sympathise with those who seek separate countries, in my humble opinion, the time is not right. We should collectively be seeking to get a good leader, then we can all sit down and decide what form of Nigeria is best for everyone, maybe we can borrow a leaf from the United Kingdom.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by blacksta(m): 10:24am On Dec 31, 2009
As someone earlier mentioned " This is the best time to change this country - the window presents itself now" and nobody is taking it
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 31, 2009
I think what we need is true federalism but even at that some minority tribes will still complain of marginalization.Until we begin to put nigeria before our individual tribe,then the future can become a promising one.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by dmy(m): 10:47am On Dec 31, 2009
When The Head of a fish is BAD/SICK/SPOILT DEFINATELY the whole fish is rotten.Nigeria is like a rudderless ship just drifting without direction.God Help This Country!
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by monkeyleg: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2009
Our primary goal should be to pick a credible leader, issues such as race and trible,at this very critical point must be suspended till Nigeria as a country is stared clear of our current problems It is an important point, but not for now.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by monkeyleg: 11:04am On Dec 31, 2009
My brother, I am a firm believer that God helps those who try to help themselves. We talk a lot but do nothing. OK our country has no leader so what do we as citizens do? as always fold our hands, come to sites like this and talk till the cows come home. Our desire for change in my opinion is not real, we all display the typical Nigerian attitude, talk plenty and do nothing? We should be asking ourselves what our plans for the next election is, must we allow Nigeria to continue like this? Our children are going to suffer the consequences of doing nothing. Nigerians have practically just over 1yr to start thinking in the right direction, are you going to vote or are we all going to sit at home and do nothing and the complain when whoever comes in, and let people stop saying that is it not possible, You only have to look at Obama to know that everything is possible 40yrs after the stopped lynching black people in the US. Speak to some of those who helped make that change, and the commin response they all have is that they believed it could happen.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2009
I was about to open a new post titled same. It is time for us to raise awareness that the president is missing. If we have to do via foreign media outlets so that the senate? can come to some sort of senses, then so be it.

This one has become endstage craw craw. No name calling, just let the world know that our president is MIA/AWOL

Moderator, biko put this on front page.

I want to know and so do my fellow Nigerians
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 31, 2009
Our political class are just being recycled over the years.They consist of old greedy men who want nothing but power.As of now,i dont think a credible person will remain credible soon as he gets any public office in nigeria.All we just need is God's intervention,our politicians will do us no good at all
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by otawa: 11:16am On Dec 31, 2009
Mr President is 'brain-dead'.

I wonder how long it will take before the 'army boyz' will strike!

Not that I wish for them but when there is power-vacuum, anything can happen.

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 31, 2009
Kosovo
I seconded ayinba1 view that this thread should hit the homepage.Its just getting boring that for all most 40 days we dont have a president.Some of us are really pi.ssed
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by naso2(m): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2009
" imoru, imoru,imoru can you hear me? I want to ask are you dead?"
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2009
Is he on facebook?
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by monkeyleg: 11:44am On Dec 31, 2009
Nigeria can not remain the way it is. And yes we pray desperately for God's intervention, but we all know that Faith with no deeds is no faith at all. Why must we use recycled leaders, I do not accept that in a country of 150m people, we cannot pick a leader, if that is the case we are dooms as a people. I have come accross decent credible Nigerians.

Would it be said that the people of US or UK or any developed country would go 1 week without knowing or hearing from thier leader, let alone 38 days. We have been treated like this because the people that rule us think they can get away with it as they have done in the past.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by superboi(m): 11:54am On Dec 31, 2009
I have an idea.let's call random cell phone numbers and ask the recevier where mr president is.let all take a particular hour and each make 10-20 random call in that hour frame.we would hide our caller id to remain anos.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2009
Superboi:

Whose numbers would those be? the average Nigerian? It is a good idea but I think we may be more effective if we can call the senators and representatives. What we need though are their phone numbers.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
Our "dis" honourables and senators have gone on xmas and new year.I dont think they will be back till february.Trust me!
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2009
Please see the link below. If you click on the senator's name, it will bring up an info page. The least each of us can do is to send the email. A one liner is good enough.  Where is President/ Mr YaraAdua?

If you can make phone calls, that would be real super.

Let us update this thread as we take action. This is an opportunity for those of us who really wish to do and not just complain.

http://www.nassnig.org/senate/member.php?senator=116&page=1
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by superboi(m): 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2009
It doesn't really matter who(imho),but i think my idea is to alert people that whats happening is not normal and if a couple of make this calls it would get the attention of the govt. As they say there is only 6 degrees of seperation between people.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 31, 2009
ayinba1
stop tripping.You are making a honest issue out of those retards.They paid out money to guys to help them with those sites you see
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2009
Bluetooth,

Honestly, you surprise me. I know you agree that it is better to do something than nothing. Please go back and read the first post

"
monkeyleg:

My People, minus joke where is the president of Nigeria.

How can he be gone for 38 days with no word to his subjects. Which kind ruler be that. This one don pass joke, if e no well, make e come out come tell us, make someone else take over. It is never heard of that a president will be gone for so long without a single word, let him speak from his sick hospital reassure Nigerians that he is ok. If not make he hand over power to Jonathan make we hear word.

This is the problem with Nigeria, we are very good at doing nothing and not challenging our leaders when they err.

So does the bolded part apply to ALL NIGERIANS? I'll say no, I am makng my own effort but I know that if more people join in, we have definitely done something which may actually WORK> No harm in trying, is there?

I am at the bottom of page 1 of the senator's list.

More to come.
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Gadols(f): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2009
He has just been discharged and the latest news is, Turai and Presido ar lost in transit.
The Saudi authorities are at a loss as to what went wrong. The FEC is in a very serious meeting now
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2009
Ayinba1
I like your feminine ego cause i have lost faith in our politicians a very long time ago.I'm waitin for a whirlwind to blow them off to atlantic ocean
Re: Where Is The President Of Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2009
grin

Hey I feel your pain but while we wait for that whirlwind, let's give it another shot, shall we?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don Omorodion Confirmed As Edo State Nddc Commissioner / Shocking Massive Corruption In Nigerian Stock Exchange Audit. / Nigeria Come Tops On Dollar Remittance To Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.