Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria (6521 Views)

Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria / Top 4 Tips To Keep You Motivated During Job Search / Top 4 Free Websites To Acquire Skills Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria by dayo23(f): 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2017
excellence44:

this schools above do we their branches in Abuja?
Any idea of the fees and other commitments?
thanks
bro as far as I know Afrihub and NIIT are the best in terms of international recognition and good job link up, while doing my Networking Engineering programme at NIIT in Abuja, I started getting good link up and job offers right from my first year, I graduated as a certified networking Engineer, formerly worked at Abuja Electric incharge of there ICT dept but hav moved to Petroleum equalisation Trust fund, I also do part time work for some I.T companies. When you are hot people will come calling for your services, go to NIIT that the best place to get yourself certified and trained

1 Like

Re: Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria by kellyboo: 11:26pm On Jun 26, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
I decided to write about the Top IT Institutes in Nigeria because it is clear that IT is now the next big sector in the country like this testimony http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-of-a-working-graduate-to-his-jobless-past/. I have pursued about 4 (four) different certification in various IT institutes in Nigeria, and I can tell you that I write from experience. Most institutes brag about having the best tutors and so many other facilities, but I believe this write-up would serve as a guide to intending students who wish to pursue a career in Information Technology.

Briefly, I will be looking at the top IT institutes in Nigeria and grade them according to personal interaction and relationship. Every of them is good in its or her own way, but this ranking will definitely serve as a guide.

Top IT Institutes in Nigeria

IIHT Nigeria (INDIAN INSTITUTE OF HARDWARE TECHNOLOGIES)

It was founded in 1993 by Indians and was established not quite long ago in Nigeria. They took the top spot in my list of top IT institutes in Nigeria as a result of their

Teaching Methodology = 9/10. Most of their instructors are either foreigners or people with greater experience. They teach more of what they have done than what they read from the course materials. Students are given original course materials to support their learning from abroad.

Career Assistance = 10/10

Intensive practical sessions = 9/10

Mock Exams for intending candidates who wish to write foreign certifications.

Class division: They believe in having small classes as a way of allowing students relate well with their instructors.

Affiliate Networks: 10/10. Their affiliations with Top brands make it easier for outstanding students to get internships or job placements with ease. This help to make students who funded themselves see the value of their learning.

APTECH Nigeria

This is another Institute that has taken the IT world in a good fashion. With wider branches than IIHT, they are considered a good replacement in places you can’t find IIHT. They took the second place in my list of top IT institutes in Nigeria due to

Teaching Methodology = 7/10. Their instructors are good, but they teach like those who just know than those with real life experience. Course materials are given students also. Nice place to learn.

Career Assistance: 2/10. Once you are done with your learning, your period of friendship with them is over. Nothing left for you.

Intensive Practical Sessions: 7/10. The majority of their instructors knows it but can’t just show you clearly how it is done.

Mock Examinations: 0/10

Class division: Just like IIHT, they believe in having a balanced class to help bond instructors with their students.

NEW HORIZONS Nigeria

A U.S franchise owned by a Nigerian is ranking third in my top 4 IT Institutes in Nigeria. The only gross I have with them is the over populated classes and the over pricing with relatively small benefits attached.

Teaching Methodology = 6/10. Instructors teach more of what they read than know.

Career Assistance: 8/10. Just like IIHT, New Horizons offer career assistance to students who finished from their institute but with lots of attachments to it.

Intensive Practical Sessions: 5/10. Except for some few talented instructors, the rest can mess up the huge amount you have paid to learn a course

Mock Examinations: 0/10.

Class division: Overpopulated classes.

Other Notable Mentions Include;

NIIT

GIIT

Ultra Media Solutions.

When next you have to make a choice to learn a skill in any of the IT institutes, I believe this article can be of help in your decision making.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/top-it-institutes-in-nigeria/

lalasticlala.
Op I challenge ur view on NEW HORIZON..new horizon ought not to be in this list...I was training at their FESTAC branch at Mr Biggs building...they frustrated me to the point of forgoing my money and left the program ...I registered for web development..diploma and advance..diploma was suppose to last for 3 months..
HTML, CSS,FIREWORKS,PHOTOSHOP,DREAMWAVER and PHP were the modules that were suppose to be taught...they took more than 5 months dwelling on just this first module..they started giving unnecessary holiday..u can imagine..one of the instructors resigned it took them forever to get a replacement..pls take NEWHORIZON from this list nw...they only av name..and facility... instructors don't av passion for what dey re teaching...they suck pls
Re: Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 9:49am On Jun 28, 2017
kellyboo:

Op I challenge ur view on NEW HORIZON..new horizon ought not to be in this list...I was training at their FESTAC branch at Mr Biggs building...they frustrated me to the point of forgoing my money and left the program ...I registered for web development..diploma and advance..diploma was suppose to last for 3 months..
HTML, CSS,FIREWORKS,PHOTOSHOP,DREAMWAVER and PHP were the modules that were suppose to be taught...they took more than 5 months dwelling on just this first module..they started giving unnecessary holiday..u can imagine..one of the instructors resigned it took them forever to get a replacement..pls take NEWHORIZON from this list nw...they only av name..and facility... instructors don't av passion for what dey re teaching...they suck pls

Same thing they did to me too.. lol.

But I had to be fair, at least they have people who can still testify good about them.

Sorry about that. New Horizon suck most times
Re: Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 9:50am On Jun 28, 2017
dayo23:
bro as far as I know Afrihub and NIIT are the best in terms of international recognition and good job link up, while doing my Networking Engineering programme at NIIT in Abuja, I started getting good link up and job offers right from my first year, I graduated as a certified networking Engineer, formerly worked at Abuja Electric incharge of there ICT dept but hav moved to Petroleum equalisation Trust fund, I also do part time work for some I.T companies. When you are hot people will come calling for your services, go to NIIT that the best place to get yourself certified and trained

Is it the NIIT I studied in or which one?

Please explain.
Re: Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria by Impulse80(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2017
dayo23:
bro as far as I know Afrihub and NIIT are the best in terms of international recognition and good job link up, while doing my Networking Engineering programme at NIIT in Abuja, I started getting good link up and job offers right from my first year, I graduated as a certified networking Engineer and am working with Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, am in charge of there ICT, I also do part time work for some I.T companies. Bro go to NIIT that the best place to get yourself certified and trained
Please how much did it cost you overall?
Re: Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
dayo23:
thanks a lot
like to get your mail I will send you a pm. Thanks
Re: Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria by Kescott(m): 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
Sowhizy:

For someone who knows nothing about computers how do I go abt it cos I want to switch to IT tech after my service and I'm a computer illiterate

You can get in touch with me, I can help you out..whatsapp will be better 906 956 5847
Re: Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria by Sowhizy(f): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2017
Kescott:

You can get in touch with me, I can help you out..whatsapp will be better 906 956 5847

OK thanks. Will do
Re: Top 4 IT Institutes In Nigeria by Haywhyluv: 6:07am On Nov 29, 2020
BiafraBushBoy:

lol... you can't be a certified Hacker without prior knowledge of Networking.

How can you now hack into networks??

Add me up let's reason... are you in Lagos?

Can I have ur contact bro,, I want to ask a question from you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Job Recruitment For National Diploma Holders @sol Nigeria / Who Else Got An Invitation From PATH MULTI LTD / Please Help Me With Dragnet Logical Reasoning Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.