Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,910 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Visiting The Caribbeans - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting The Caribbeans (3580 Views)

Tips On Visiting The Seychelles / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting The Caribbeans by dablessed(f): 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
Hi Peeps, i will like to know whether visa is required to visit Dominica and Barbados from Nigeria. If yes, then any info about their consulate in Nigeria would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by OAM4J: 12:47am On Dec 31, 2009
You don't need a visa as a Nigerian to those places. You will be given visa on arrival.

The problem would have been transist visa, since there is no direct flight from Nigeria to those places

But if your location is UK as your profile suggests, then you are ready to go. Go book your ticket.  wink grin
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by dablessed(f): 1:54am On Dec 31, 2009
Thanks for your input. However, i understand that Nationalties of Nigeria do now require visas, not sure if this is correct but info was obtained from the web link below:

http://www.dominica.dm/site/entryreqs.cfm

Do you have any relevant authority that states that nationalties of Nigeria do not require entre visa to dominica.

Regards and thanks again
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by OAM4J: 2:45am On Dec 31, 2009
Well am not sure of any changes. You best option is to go to any of the IIATA agents and confirm.

What I know is that if you are not staying up to 6 months, you don't need visa.

check this Delta Airline link. Indicate your nationalities and destinations, it will give you some information

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by Sammy107d(m): 4:25am On Dec 31, 2009
For how long do you intend to visit?
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by OAM4J: 4:32am On Dec 31, 2009
Sammy are you still in Barbados? edited
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by Sammy107d(m): 4:33am On Dec 31, 2009
Yeah I'm still here O smiley

Dull as death. . .
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by OAM4J: 4:39am On Dec 31, 2009
Edited
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by Sammy107d(m): 4:45am On Dec 31, 2009
I heard that side rocks  sad

Naijas don't need visas for short term visits, and they wouldn't give much trouble at the airport if you have a clear itinerary. You'll enjoy b'dos much more than rastaland if you're staying for about a week. It's is expensive as hell.

I just added you on YIM; you know how dem nairaland predators be  lipsrsealed
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by dablessed(f): 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2009
Many thanks for your info on this, much appreciated. I am hoping a visa is not truly required.

I plan spending just about 5 nights, basically need to visit the carribeans and Dominica has featured as a place to be.

Thanks
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2009
dablessed:

Many thanks for your info on this, much appreciated. I am hoping a visa is not truly required.

I plan spending just about 5 nights, basically need to visit the carribeans and Dominica has featured as a place to be.

Thanks

Only u? Put me in ur bag, u will not be caught wink
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by Tats(m): 3:05am On Jan 01, 2010
Barbados Visa requirements:
http://www.foreign.gov.bb/UserFiles/File/VISA%20info2.pdf
http://www.foreign.gov.bb/pageselect.cfm
http://www.barbados.org/docs_requirements.htm
Summary is that you do not need a visa.

Dominican republic:
http://www.dominicanembassy.org.uk/Touristcard.html
Basically, if you live in Nigeria and hold a valid visa for the United Kingdom, United States, Canada or Schengen countries, then you can visit without a visa.
If you live in the UK, then you don't need a visa.
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by dancewith: 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2010
Barbados has no visa requirement for Nigerians for short term visits. Same with Dominicans which will give you a short term visa on arrival. That is the current rule and you should disregard others
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by dablessed(f): 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2010
Tats, Dancewith, thanks a bunch!!
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by omega25red(m): 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2010
well i went to bahamas with my naija pali and no visa needed or course i had my green card. The thing is most of these places a torist driven so if you show up with your vacation hotel address and reservtion, they wont stop you from coming in. i went to punta cana in dominican republic they didnt even check your paper as long as you had the $20 needed for the arrival visa but then again i went there from NY so maybe that makes a difference.
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by OAM4J: 1:57am On Jan 04, 2010
omega25red:

well i went to bahamas with my naija pali and no visa needed or course i had my green card. The thing is most of these places a torist driven so if you show up with your vacation hotel address and reservtion, they wont stop you from coming in. i went to punta cana in dominican republic they didnt even check your paper as long as you had the $20 needed for the arrival visa but then again i went there from NY so maybe that makes a difference.

You are very right, most of Caribbeans Islands are tourist friendly. And coming from US or Europe is also an advantage.
Re: Visiting The Caribbeans by ayomifull(f): 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2010
dablessed have you been there? Please do you mind telling me about it? Im looking at taking holiday in February, my last major holiday in Dubai was da bomb, looking for something similar. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Renewing Passport, Nhc.3tb.co Says NHC No Longer Accepts Appointments / Botswana:From 2nd Poorest Country To Fastest Growing Economy In The World / Hilarious, Funny And Embarrassing Visa Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.