Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,656 members, 7,805,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. (25805 Views)

Osinbajo To Monitor Implementation Of ₦2.3 Trillion Stimulus Package / Senate Plans To Reschedule Presidential, NASS, Guber Elections / Magu: Senate Plans Fresh Showdown With Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by emu22(m): 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
Good idea but with criminals in govt,forget it.that fund is as good as share d money..
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by slap1(m): 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
wedeonline:
Hmmmm. I personally use two of my dormant accounts as my savings. Infact i have more funds there, so what happens if senate just take my money without my consent? Wrong move if you ask me because a lot of people saving for projects leave some account dormant and just make deposits only.

An account that receives deposits is not dormant.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by tommysparks: 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
If they can award a contract to build a refinery from that money, I am in support. But for road and power station. It's going to be grass cutting all the way

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Jabioro: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2017
Looking for another morsel to joined the already choked one in my mouth.. The Senate wanted to swindle both dead and alive.. taken along someone else benefits..
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by RaptorX: 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
maxiuc:
guess who is this boy
Jacob Zuma ?
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by TinaAnita(f): 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
Since when did Nigeria become a civilized clime? After stealing from the living the dead is their next target alongside the living? Why don't they use their jumbo allowances and salaries to do the needful? Thieves! Make I hear say something happen to my mulla
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by abbey621(m): 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
I know a lot of people won't bother reading the entire post before commenting but here is the most crucial part:

“If the owners ever show up, you can pay back the principal to them with 1.5 per cent interest which is very, very cheap. If they don’t, it remains bona vacantia.”

This is very fair as I'd rather have a case to recover my money with CBN than a bank not sure of existing in 20 to 30 years time. As long as the above quote is included in the law, Nigerians should rejoice! The dormant accounts with Nigerian banks are nt useful to the country, the banks are making money off of it with no benefit to the consumers, worse comes to worst the governmnt too will embezzle, in that case no harm done grin grin grin
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by 989900: 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
I voluntarily contribute my 87,500 kobo with WEMA Bank to the development of this country.

Thank you.

Asante Sana.

Obrigado.

Shukran.

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Ryda(m): 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
hmmm this world is strange o

systematically they want to start stealing from the dead...no be person born dead body? or the dead don't have successors
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by samomoli: 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
SENATORS THIEF,OLE,BARAWO STOLE FRM D LIVING NOW WANT 2 STEAL FRM D DEAD
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Luizville(m): 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
I don't like the mention of power supply in this matter. It sounds scamish..
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by atakamus: 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
Sorry for Nigerians. The one they de appropriate never reach them. Na de one to mop up go reach them. Well they go de mop and the banker go they mop as well. Time don reach wey u go get alert we say your account has been closed and at night assassons will come after you. They go mop your money before they come after you. U go see guys they run if they get alert say their account has been closed.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Fourwinds: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
as usual. house of robbers...stealing from d poor from time immemorial...
it will never be well with out Nigeria Senators...
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by AuroraB(f): 6:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
Kedu Maka the ones wey bank staff don code take am dey kulu temper undecided grin lipsrsealed
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by ceejay80s(m): 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
slap1:

An account that receives deposits is not dormant.
What of the one thst receives only interests ?
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by bravesoul247(m): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
May thunder from above fire those senators. Very stupid and crazy people.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by fkj950ax(m): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Our leaders are heartless.

Bank CEOs and Board are wickedly evil.

Instead of compelling the banks to use all resources conceivable to get those funds to the next of kin of the account holders, they want to divert and embezzle the funds.

We don't want infrastructure paid for from peoples blood and sweat!

If all these funds were debt and loans owed to the banks, they would be quick to send loan recovery agents, EFCC and AMCON after people.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by felixomor: 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
Is Nigeria becoming a Communist Country?
What kind of News is this?
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by fkj950ax(m): 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2017
abbey621:
I know a lot of people won't bother reading the entire post before commenting but here is the most crucial part:

This is very fair as I'd rather have a case to recover my money with CBN than a bank not sure of existing in 20 to 30 years time. As long as the above quote is included in the law, Nigerians should rejoice! The dormant accounts with Nigerian banks are nt useful to the country, the banks are making money off of it with no benefit to the consumers, worse comes to worst the governmnt too will embezzle, in that case no harm done grin grin grin

Will the banks wait for debtors to ever show up.

They should keep the interest and get their staff to go look for next of kins.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by fkj950ax(m): 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2017
chloride6:
3 trillion?

i doubt

Don't

Add that to unclaimed dividend funds and you'd get dizzy...
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by abbey621(m): 6:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
fkj950ax:

They should but we all know Nigerian banks grin. This is why the government is stepping in, unfortunately Nigerian government cannot be trusted!

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by klax(m): 7:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
Stealing by proxy.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Eldersege(m): 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2017
With all due respect, if this bill scale through, it will be a plus to our economy rather than for those bank owners. Imaging if your grandparent dies and leave billions of dollars in his account, it will be near impossible for you to access it. If you can concluded the papers, fine, it means it's not under this category. No matter how small or big this amount is, Banks won't give you access to it. Banks have been robbing the dead since, so, why can't this fund be redistrubed to create jobs through infrastructural development.
We must face reality here, this government is broke and will seek every legitimate means to raise funds.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Eldersege(m): 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
fkj950ax:

You are right but they never do that. The reason for next of kin for bank is only when they want to recover debts.
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by brojoshua: 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
New and another method of looting by the crooks and criminals
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
oruma19:
Ovie Omo agege... The big heart from delta. This man is just too intelligent. Making Deltans in general and urhobos in particular always very proud. Since he joined the Senate, his performance has been outstanding. Next Governor of delta loading..,

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
tommysparks:
If they can award a contract to build a refinery from that money, I am in support. But for road and power station. It's going to be grass cutting all the way

Refiner sef grin grin

Make dem just giv am to Audu Ogbe fo importation of grass.
At least, the Presidency will be happy and the grasscutter will be engaged.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
arent these senators just mad? they are looking for more ways to fund their frivolous spending habits. bunch of morons
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by enjoy1100: 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Now this is hilarious
Re: Senate Plans Law To Harvest 3 Trillion From Dormant Bank Accounts. by refiner(f): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
mykl01:

Refiner sef grin grin

Make dem just giv am to Audu Ogbe fo importation of grass.
At least, the Presidency will be happy and the grasscutter will be engaged.
huh? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures / Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized / Police Lay Siege To Emefiele’s Abuja Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.