Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 (77960 Views)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017 / Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur: FA Cup (4 - 2) On 22nd April 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona :El Clasico (2 - 3) On 23rd April 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
Criistiano Ronaldo scored twice in the second half to lead Real Madrid to a 2-1 win at Bayern Munich in UEFA Champions League quarterfinal play on Wednesday.

Bayern Munich couldn't overcome a missed penalty kick and had to finish a man down as Javi Martinez was sent off in the 61st minute. He had two yellow cards in rapid succession in the second half and his second, for a reckless foul, comes with the red.

Midfielder Arturo Vidal put Bayern ahead early with a goal in the 25th minute. He also squandered a chance to double the lead when he missed a penalty kick late in the first half.

Bayern have been handed a seemingly difficult but possible task at the Santiago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
The one wey we chop never digest u don cook another one.

Oga fear God nah

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
The one wey we chop never digest u don cook another one.

Oga fear God nah
grin grin grin
Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
Sanchez01:

grin grin grin
angry angry angry angry

But, if CR7 can make it to the finals or even lift another UCL cup, it's another Ballon D'or in the bag. I pray he lifts the Laliga also

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 8:10am On Apr 14, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
angry angry angry angry

But, if CR7 can make it to the finals or even lift another UCL cup, it's another Ballon D'or in the bag. I pray he lifts the Laliga also
grin grin grin grin grin

Lol! The Ballon d'Or is about 50% certain at this time, all thanks to the century mark. If we complete the riot on Tuesday, then there's no stopping Real for the dozen. The La Liga pressure has eased now, particularly after Barcelona's loss, and with a game still at hand, the el Clasico might not do much as it is a must win for Barce. Unfortunately, the Barce team is heavily disadvantaged as Neymar would be missing due to suspension. And with that horrible back line, the BBC might have a field day even though Barcelona would respond to goals.

All I want him to do come Tuesday is do a brace against Bayern, if possible, an hat-trick. As it stands, there is no stopping the centurion. Just call him legend cool

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

grin grin grin grin grin

Lol! The Ballon d'Or is about 50% certain at this time, all thanks to the century mark. If we complete the riot on Tuesday, then there's no stopping Real for the dozen. The La Liga pressure has eased now, particularly after Barcelona's loss, and with a game still at hand, the el Clasico might not do much as it is a must win for Barce. Unfortunately, the Barce team is heavily disadvantaged as Neymar would be missing due to suspension. And with that horrible back line, the BBC might have a field day even though Barcelona would respond to goals.

All I want him to do come Tuesday is do a brace against Bayern, if possible, an hat-trick. As it stands, there is no stopping the centurion. Just call him legend cool
CR7 you are not just a Legend, you are also a Heineken cheesy angry

9 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
Team News

Real Madrid

- Gareth Bale has suffered an ankle injury would miss the team's weekend clash against Sporting. The Welshman might miss the return leg at the Santiago if he fails to recover in time.
- Pepe and Varane remain unavailable for the Spanish giant after failing to recover in time for the second leg in Spain.
- Zidane has announced that Isco would start in place of Bale, following his best ever performance against Sporting Gijon at the weekend.

Bayern Munich

- Robert Lewandowski would feature in the return leg at the Santiago. This should be a huge boost to the German side.
- More bad news trail the team as defender Jerome Boateng has been confirmed injured. He now joins the likes of Matt Hummels and on the sidelines.
- Fabian Benko and Niklas Dorsch remain sidelined too.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 11:13am On Apr 17, 2017
Key Factors to Consider

-Real Madrid are on 11-match unbeaten run in all competitions
-Bayern Munich won only 1 of their last 4 games
-The Bavarians failed to score this weekend for the first time since November 2016
-Los Blancos have won last four meetings with Bayern Munich
-Real Madrid have always progressed after winning the first leg away from home

Conclusion

Real Madrid are relishing the opportunity to seal the win and finish what they’ve started in Germany against an out-of-form opponent. Bayern Munich are experiencing a worrying slump in form and will be challenged to improve their performances significantly if they want to progress into the Champions League semi-finals. Robert Lewandowski’s return promises plenty of excitements and goals should definitely be on the cards here.

Verdict: Both teams to score & Real Madrid to win

Bayern, be afraid... Be very afraid grin

4 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by purplekayc(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
Can they retain the cup?

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Suspect33(m): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2017
whether cr7 wins both ucl and la liga, balon dor is already sure for merciless MESSI(highest goal scorer in both UCL and La Liga, ronaldo is way behind the boss this season grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 12:16am On Apr 18, 2017
purplekayc:
Can they retain the cup?
Should we beat Bayern today, then I don't see any team stopping us, just as I don't see Barcelona beating Juventus.

Meanwhile, below is the highlight of last week's match grin

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2017
Suspect33:
whether cr7 wins both ucl and la liga, balon dor is already sure for merciless MESSI(highest goal scorer in both UCL and La Liga, ronaldo is way behind the boss this season grin grin
Let me break it down for you, the only reason Ronaldo might not win the Ballon d'Or this year is if he fails to win the Champions League. Messi might be leading tally-wise, but I'd tell you that Ronaldo currently has the spotlight at the European stage, all thanks to his first Century of goals. Both players have not been at their best so far but the best Messi would likely end up with is an European Golden Shoe should Madrid win the Champions League again.

Don't forget that Barcelona's highlight so far is the incredible comeback against PSG. Messi was in the team when Juventus trumped them. Goals enough won't earn Messi the Ballon d'Or.

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 12:26am On Apr 18, 2017
Real eye record - the stats

1. All five previous teams winning 2-1 away from home in the first leg of their Champions League knockout tie have progressed to the next round.

2. This is the 24th European Cup/Champions League fixture between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid - the 18th under the Champions League era - a record in the history of the tournament.

3. Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are perfectly level in their European Cup/Champions League knockout encounters, progressing five times each.

4. Bayern have lost eight of their last 10 away games against Real in all competitions (W2), including the last five. In fact, Bayern last beat Real Madrid at the Bernabeu in May 2001 thanks to a goal by Giovane Elber (1-0).

5. Real Madrid have reached the semi-finals in each of the previous six seasons. A seventh in a row would constitute a new record.

6. Since 2010-11, Real Madrid have won 34 of their 40 Champions League games at the Bernabeu (D4 L2). Their two defeats during that time were against Barcelona in April 2011 (0-2) and Schalke in March 2015 (3-4).

7. Real Madrid have also never failed to score in their last 34 Champions League home games, longest ever run in the competition. Barcelona were the last team to leave the Bernabeu with a clean sheet (2-0 in April 2011).

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by collinometricx: 3:19am On Apr 18, 2017
we are winning dis one #halaMADRID

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Lordemperoris100(m): 7:33am On Apr 18, 2017
Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Suspect33(m): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
UCL Prediction... Bayern beat madrid 3 - 0, barcelona beat juventus 5 - 1, barcelona face atletico in the finals and win 4 - 1, barcelona wins treble again, messi wins balon dor, ronaldo wins diving d'or.. Quote me at the end of the season.... Forca Barcáááááá cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
Suspect33:
UCL Prediction... Bayern beat madrid 3 - 0, barcelona beat juventus 5 - 1, barcelona face atletico in the finals and win 4 - 1, barcelona wins treble again, messi wins balon dor, ronaldo wins diving d'or.. Quote me at the end of the season.... Forca Barcáááááá cool cool
There is no need waiting. Bayern, at this stage, have nothing to lose and would seek to run riot at the Santiago. Unfortunately, they cannot stop Madrid from scoring goals, which would dash their dreams.

As for Barcelona, PSG might have been useless, but don't expect that level of craze from The Old Lady. Barcelona would be seen out and Madrid would have a pound of flesh at the weekend. This whole thing would take place in less than a week.

We gat this cool

5 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Suspect33(m): 3:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
Sanchez01:

There is no need waiting. Bayern, at this stage, have nothing to lose and would seek to run riot at the Santiago. Unfortunately, they cannot stop Madrid from scoring goals, which would dash their dreams.

As for Barcelona, PSG might have been useless, but don't expect that level of craze from The Old Lady. Barcelona would be seen out and Madrid would have a pound of flesh at the weekend. This whole thing would take place in less than a week.
bro the camp nou is the home of impossiblities, but that aside, do you have any idea what lewandowski has in store for madrid? grin grin, if madrid qualify, i will post my GF nudes grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Sanchez01: 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
Suspect33:
bro the camp nou is the home of impossiblities, but that aside, do you have any idea what lewandowski has in store for madrid? grin grin, if madrid qualify, i will post my GF nudes grin grin
Chisos grin

Truth is, Juventus is the most defensive side in the Champions League, and I must also admit that the only team with all four (goalkeeper-defenders-midfielders-attackers) balanced part of the pitch is Juventus. Barcelona's backline would be duly exploited again, just like it was in the first leg. Messi would need more than Magic to beat Buffon repeatedly, while putting Alves, Chiellini and other defensive monsters into consideration.

The most important question is, can Barcelona prevent Juventus from scoring?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by oludavis123: 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
Amust watch am
Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ojoro Referee..Just hoping Madrid shows Barca the right Fifa official to pay to to ensure Chielini,Bonucci,Barzagli,and Dybala collect red card tomorrow sad

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Philinho(m): 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
Madrid and Juventus all d way

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Putinbo: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
I give it to Real Madrid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by crackerspub: 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ronaldo show activated!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by KKKWHITE(m): 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Today is Real Madrid's day True or False ?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Punctual(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
angry angry angry angry

he can win laliga but forget champions league

leicester owns it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Tenim47(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
i go for bayern
enough of spanish dominations
Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by tonyflash43(m): 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2017

Modified...
Weting concern me, was only working hard to be on page 0 grin.

Mean while check my sign
Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by intruxive(m): 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
Halla madrid

3 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
Madrid can't survive this 5- 4 (Aggregate)
Re: Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 by Drunkinlove(f): 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
Hail real madrid!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.