Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar (48380 Views)

'Taking Too Much Sugar Or Sugary Drinks Does Not Cause Diabetes' - Doctor Says / 7 Signs That Shows You Don't Drink Enough Water / 7 Signs You Are Unhealthy But You Probably Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by dammy13(m): 6:53am On Apr 13, 2017
Too much sugar in the body can result in damaging consequences. How much sugar is too much for your body? Jumia Travel shares 7 ways your body might be telling you your sugar intake is becoming excessive.

1. Higher Incidence of Acne on Your Skin
Eating too much sugar tends to wreak havoc on your skin. There is a relationship between a high-sugar diet and severe acne and a high sugar intake tends to result in severe acne issues.

2. Experiencing Energy Slumps
Especially after eating sugary foods lacking in satiating proteins, fiber and fat, you are likely to develop a pounding headache or feel extremely lethargic. This is because a high sugar diet, rather than a balanced nutritious diet, makes your blood sugar level unstable, with you constantly switching from ‘sugary high’ to ‘lethargic low’. You end up feeling very weak and sluggish throughout the day.

3. Cavities
Cavities are more often than not, a glaring sign of a sweet tooth. Cavities are painful and more importantly avoidable, and the key to avoiding them is to brush your teeth well after meals and eat foods that will keep your teeth healthy.

4. High Blood Pressure
One of the factors that contribute to a diagnosis of high blood pressure is a high-sugar diet. A high-sugar diet can push your blood pressure off the normal threshold. Limiting sugar intake is just as important as reducing your sodium consumption when it comes to a healthy blood pressure.

5. Exercising is Getting Extremely Hard for You
Whether fat, chubby or even thin, if exercise seems to be getting harder and harder for you to do, a high-sugar diet might be to blame. If you have a high blood sugar level and engage in activities that involve intense effort or physical extension, you’ll likely end up feeling very fatigued and quite miserable. You also tend to get exhausted very easily and quickly while exercising.

6. Weight Gain
Weight gain can be caused by a number of different factors and one of those factors is a high sugar diet. This is because a high sugar diet does not make you feel full (which makes you eat more) and does not compensate for total energy, that is, they do not displace other foods, so they add to your total calorie intake. A high sugar diet also tends to make exercise or physical activity hard, so it’s unlikely you’ll be able to burn off the excess calories through that route.

7. Nothing Tastes As Sweet As It Used To
Eating too much sugar basically bombards your taste buds and eventually this excessive sugar intake causes your taste bud sugar tolerance to build up and increase, as a result you need more and more sugar to satisfy your sweet craving. This is bad and you should at this point cut back (regardless of how tough it might be at first), so that you can lower your tolerance and once again be content and satisfied with minimal sugar.

http://fabinfos.com/7-signs-youre-consuming-much-sugar/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by kingphilip(m): 6:56am On Apr 13, 2017
Are you trying to help us or compound our problems

Those big terms for there who you leave am for to understand

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Idydarling(f): 6:57am On Apr 13, 2017
I hate sugar! I prefer honey to it

10 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by sanusense: 7:00am On Apr 13, 2017
Having high sugary foods will give you excess fats, so it's better to avoid them or try to less intake sugary stuffs whenever possible. It may also make your skin look saggy and bloating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Fonereporters: 7:01am On Apr 13, 2017
very informative

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by jomoh: 7:02am On Apr 13, 2017
Your body increases it's endurance to sugar intake over time but then, There is so much the system can take.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by nairaman66(m): 7:02am On Apr 13, 2017
Brilliant write up!

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by DjAndroid: 7:02am On Apr 13, 2017
Good one!

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by adorablepepple(f): 7:02am On Apr 13, 2017
undecided sugar is even too expensive to be taking lot of it

23 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Raypawer(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2017
Nice.. good info.. i prefer honey

3 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 13, 2017
Fonereporters:
very informative

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 13, 2017
Since i can't resist sweet things,recently switched to honey fully.....much better than sugar

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by uyiekpenn(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2017
Great writeup. Sugar is something I've been trying to reduce. Does anyone know how I can reduce my sugar intake?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by overhypedsteve(m): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2017
sugar can lead to diabetes, diabetes can lead to die, die can lead to

4 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Pvin: 7:03am On Apr 13, 2017
two minutes on the bed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by olumaxi(m): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2017
Shil i begin to take chloroquine then?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by HRich(m): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2017
Please can you name me any of Dangote foods and other foods that doesnt Contain Sugar?

Only God can save not even your being Careful, if your village witch remember you, i'm sure you will blame it on Sugar intake..

4 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by freshness2020: 7:04am On Apr 13, 2017
Weak erection.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Afoochekk1914(m): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2017
I only love fermented sugar* ;DI only love fermented sugar*

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by dabbyz(f): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2017
True talk!
The best gift a parent can give to their children is a good education. check the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/3523842/introducing-babcock-academylink
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by mosmartini(m): 7:04am On Apr 13, 2017
But am addicted to sugar, sugarcane and honey will I still experience those signs tongue

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by poshtimms20: 7:05am On Apr 13, 2017
back pain is already killing me softly.... am tired of C6H12O6
.... any recommended solution asap
[sub][/sub]

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Destined2win: 7:05am On Apr 13, 2017
OK. Seen

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 13, 2017
NOTED

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by poweredcom(m): 7:06am On Apr 13, 2017
unable to get a hard erection...and bang properly....hahaha

6 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by yaqq: 7:06am On Apr 13, 2017
the rate @ wc I drink coke ds days is getting me scarred

5 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 13, 2017
If it's not sweet, I'm not eating/drinking.

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by TinaAnita(f): 7:07am On Apr 13, 2017
Point number one noted. I couldn't agree less with that, it's high time I reduced my high sugar level

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 13, 2017
Idydarling:
I hate sugar! I prefer honey to it

guess you don't even know what is referred to as sugar

it's beyond those St. Louis cubes and dangote granulated

13 Likes

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by nezer83: 7:07am On Apr 13, 2017
This is very informative, too much sugar intake is like taking poison..it kills slowly. Be responsible with ur sugar intake.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Supplements For Weight Gain / Fake Female Medical Doctor Apprehended In Abuja (Photo) / My Fiancee Can't Have Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.