Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,981 members, 7,803,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? (48629 Views)

Please Help, Will My Church Accept This First Fruit (photos) / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Bollinger(m): 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
He'll be very s.tupid to give that amount to fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by dingbang(m): 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2017
grin I love that question...

Its now you know who the hypocrites are.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by goldedprince: 11:45pm On Apr 15, 2017
doyinbaby:
change your ways
tongue undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by pastoray(m): 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
Tallesty1:
Thank You

You need help undecided

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Make I hear say dem no accept am shocked
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by jonero4(m): 11:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
darichlife:
I have been wondering if after so much curses and abuses being dished out by some churches calling BBN an immoral show would accept any thanksgiving from Efe who just won the 25million cash prize.

My fellow nairalanders abeg which pastor go reject 25million Immoral show money?
sad
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by jonero4(m): 11:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
I wish am his pastor, cheesy grin
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lol church don hit jackpot grin
Business is booming
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by KnightB(m): 12:01am On Apr 16, 2017
Why not? When God wants to work He could use Devil himself.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Meti99(m): 12:01am On Apr 16, 2017
If he pays he pays to the Lord..
The church may not even know or notice that he'd paid his tithes..

I have a friend who had once paid a tithe of #6,000,000:00 before,
so kini big deal
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by SAMBHOSS(m): 12:12am On Apr 16, 2017
Why them no go collect grin grin grin grin

Land flowing with hypocrisy and honey....
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Sylverofficial(m): 12:13am On Apr 16, 2017
An2elect2:
The church of God does not receive tithe. All those collecting tithes are liars and robbers and they obey no one but their father, the devil.
hey!! Pls becearful,tithe are to be paid to pastors,for d Bible says,drop it at d Apostles feet,so u might be wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by grandstar(m): 12:15am On Apr 16, 2017
An2elect2:
The church of God does not receive tithe. All those collecting tithes are liars and robbers and they obey no one but their father, the devil.

The Greek scriptures or what people normally refer to as the Hebrew scriptures does not even contain the word tithe.

Tithe were for Jews under the law of Moses which they receive while in the wilderness. The tithes collected was used to fend for the Levite's who had no land inheritance.

However, the death of Jesus brought that Law to an end. Galatians chapter 3 clearly explains.

Its a real pity his religious highway men have ruined Gods name

5 Likes

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Superman7: 12:21am On Apr 16, 2017
An2elect2:

Shut up! Better ask God to forgive you for misusing your phone and MB.

1 Like

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by terrezo2002(m): 12:25am On Apr 16, 2017
darichlife:
I have been wondering if after so much curses and abuses being dished out by some churches calling BBN an immoral show would accept any thanksgiving from Efe who just won the 25million cash prize.

My fellow nairalanders abeg which pastor go reject 25million Immoral show money?

Even if he gives the 25million, that's his business with God. There are people who donate hundreds of millions for church projects and they don't want their names mentioned. And some donates lands and properties that runs into millions.
God is not a beggar. He owns all things. The earth and the fullness thereof belongs to Him. If He wants to build Church buildings, He doesn't have to come and beg anyone, He takes from wherever He wants to take. But it is unfortunate that some fake men of God who are into ministry for money will accept anything as long as it is money.
My warnings to you OP, please for your own sake don't make fun of the church cos the Church is the bride of Christ and Christ is not pleased with that.
Thanks and God bless

2 Likes

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by franklynsunny(m): 12:28am On Apr 16, 2017
I feel in ma own opinion dat efe should giv less privileged
Orphans

Share it round like five organization
N500k each

Churches are kindly wayword nowadays

Jus d money n tithe

Fela say na Pastor house dey fine PASS Na lie

2 Likes

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by JegaQuin: 12:37am On Apr 16, 2017
Church is an enterprise! So why wouldn't they?
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Believe7(m): 12:44am On Apr 16, 2017
adepeter26:
Church na business enterprise.

Jesus will accept it let alone pastor....

BTW, they will always have biblical verse(s) to support their actions

God work in miraculous ways, things of the spirit cannot be physically comprehended.... Àwọn hypocrites lásán-làsàn

U are a cursed fool. .idiot
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by sirfee(m): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2017
An2elect2:
Please madam,which one is church of God again?no offence.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by pcei: 12:45am On Apr 16, 2017
annunaki2:

Evidently you are the one who is a blind follower, cause if you bothered to study the bible well, you will realise a christian has no business paying tithe.
please educate me senior man
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by sirfee(m): 12:49am On Apr 16, 2017
PapiSmith:

The same competition pastors call evil and devilish?

Why do you think the Bible says judgment will start in the church?
grin Religious people won't kill me.
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by gemale(m): 12:49am On Apr 16, 2017
chisco82:

Check the real meaning of anti christ' you will get sense after that. Trust me.
So because someone spoke against tithe, he/she is Antichrist? SMH. Meanwhile Jesus Christ didn't go about collecting tithe or asking people to pay tithe to Him or his ministry neither did he instruct His disciples to do such. The early disciples & apostles didn't collect tithe so why should anyone who claims to follow Christ ask for tithe?

6 Likes

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by gemale(m): 12:56am On Apr 16, 2017
grandstar:

The Greek scriptures or what people normally refer to as the Hebrew scriptures does not even contain the word tithe.

Tithe were for Jews under the law of Moses which they receive while in the wilderness. The tithes collected was used to fend for the Levite's who had no land inheritance.

However, the death of Jesus brought that Law to an end. Galatians chapter 3 clearly explains.

Its a real pity his religious highway men have ruined Gods name

Even Jews that were given the injunction don't pay tithe again because they can no longer trace their genealogy so why are some people enforcing it? I'm not saying people who decide freely to give are wrong. What I'm saying is that the fact that someone climbs a pulpit & demands a portion of people's wages is tantamount to a shaking down.

4 Likes

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by otipoju(m): 1:07am On Apr 16, 2017
annunaki2:

Ancient israelites. Not even the modern day israelites cause the levitical priest that was authorised to receive tithes no longer exists. Any body that claims he is entitled to collect tithes today is a thief and a robber. Even Jesus christ and his apostles never collected tithes.

Tithing is neither a Christian nor Judaistic teaching. It is a universal principle that activates manifold blessings.

Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedek who was a priest of the Most High...over four hundred years and long before the Laws that formed the bedrock of Judaism was giving to the Israelites by the hand of Moses.

What you really do when paying tithes is to declare abundance to the universe which in turn reciprocates by increasing the giver.

It's not a Judaistic nor Christian concept its God's principle that cuts across any religion.

Give and you shall receive in abundance.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Dynamicbliss: 1:17am On Apr 16, 2017
An2elect2:

Guess you learnt that from john Calvin....... Isoria
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by FavoredGuy: 1:17am On Apr 16, 2017
Kentura:

Taaah, sheraap there osiso!

Abeg, park one side with your lies and fake doctrines!!

Blind follower thaa cannot open her bible and study for herself.. na you wey dy obey devil by preaching against what's in the bible.
Are you a pastor or related to one? Or is a pastor paying your school fees? Why are you taking it so personal. Leave her to her doctrine and follow your own.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by straynt(m): 1:21am On Apr 16, 2017
God does not need anyones tithe. Tithing was part of Judaism which was brought to an end by Christ. Even then, it's primary purpose was to Carter for the needs of the levites(a line of priests) -whom were not allowed to work or own properties.

Jesus never commanded anyone to give 10% of his earnings, neither did he collect tithe in his lifetime. it is quite unfortunate that some greed elements have made it a law but it is not suppose to be so. I repeat again, God does not need your money, HE WANTS YOU.

Though it is good practice when done cheerfully and not grudgingly. And it definitely attracts a reward for it is written in scripture that God loves a cheerful giver. But God does not need it.

1 Like

Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 16, 2017
chisco82:

Check the real meaning of anti christ' you will get sense after that. Trust me.
Well said! I even believe a lot of people parading themselves as Christians on nairaland are not!
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 16, 2017
I used to think paying of tithes was not important until I got a direct instruction from God that I should be paying my tithes.It is better to over obey God and make heaven than to under obey God and miss heaven .
Re: Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? by azaino: 1:33am On Apr 16, 2017
otipoju:

Tithing is neither a Christian nor Judaistic teaching. It is a universal principle that activates manifold blessings.

Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedek who was a priest of the Most High...over four hundred years and long before the Laws that formed the bedrock of Judaism was giving to the Israelites by the hand of Moses.

What you really do when paying tithes is to declare abundance to the universe which in turn reciprocates by increasing the giver.

It's not a Judaistic nor Christian concept its God's principle that cuts across any religion.

Give and you shall receive in abundance.
so you are trying to say that what Abraham gave was what increased him, ? lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Young Man Mimics Bishop Oyedepo. See Reactions / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War, A Step In Right Direction —kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.