Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,823 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion (1686 Views)

Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? / Atheist Logic Be Like... / Is God Beyond Science? - No (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by excadz(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
I think he forgot to mention that god is also evil. Afterall, he is everything.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 11:46am On Apr 16, 2017
MZLady39:
Muttleylaff,
Long time brother...hope you are well.

Anyhow, I basically summarized the essence of God in terms of our "human" understanding.
What you quoted scripturally was true....
however, I tend to think that an understanding of God's existence, Omniscience, Omnipotence, and Omnipresence...
defies human reasoning..as we know it regardless of being a believer or not
Are you admitting to finding it challenging to understand the existence of a self-existing all powerful authority influence?
Those are your words, not mine, repeated in almost exactly the same words as you used originally,

MZLady39:
So does that make me the following?
If the theists who thinks this way & says God is beyond logic and cannot be understood, happens to be a saint, then such person is termed to be immature, as to babes or infants in their faith in Christ and still feeding on milk (i.e. refer to 1 Corinthians 3:1-2 above)
The bible at least and to some degree informs us about the Self-existing all powerful authority influence
and informs all about the mind of the self-existing all powerful authority influence (i.e. God)
so only you can answer this question

MZLady39:
Adepeter26,
Brother, I say it because HE says it in His Word.
No one can ever explain how He came into being.
That's not really of importance at this point in time
4I have glorified You on earth by accomplishing the work You gave Me to do.
5And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed

- John 17:5-6

'Father, those whom Thou hast given to me, I will that where I am they also may be with me,
that they may behold my glory that Thou didst give to me,
because Thou didst love me before the foundation of the world.

- John 17:24

It is enough to say the self-existing all powerful authority influence (i.e. God) has no beginning or end.
He, before the foundation of the world, just exists

MZLady39:
But one has to have faith that He was and is and will ever be
Without faith it is impossible to please the self-existing all powerful authority influence (i.e. God).
Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists
and that He rewards those who sincerely seek him.

MZLady39:
I like the word "infallible".
My fallible mind cannot explain an infallible being.
I, being the creature, cannot explain the Creator.
Isaiah 55:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts
Since God has given us power and a sound mind,
then there are things about Him we can understand,
There are things about God that is within logic and explanation(s)

Dont look for a cop out
Using lines like that is like performing a manoeuvre
and have an ''escape route'' to get out of the responsibility of giving an answer(s)

Are you saying it's imposible for believers to speak for themselves?
Are you saying it's imposible for believers to explain the goodness, faithfulness, lovingkindness, fairness, truthfulness, righteousness, awesomeness etcetera of the self-existing all powerful authority influence (i.e. God)
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
MZLady39:
Excadz,
Anyone can be god
Though excadz's summation about God is seriously flawed, you not doubt sound surprised that anyone can be god

MZLady39:
Oooh brother, I surely hope not undecided
Anything and/or anybody can be a god to anyone
(e.g. appetites such as strong desire or liking for something, alcohol, god of this world, marijuana, the belly/stomach etcetera)

Now, IF God as Hes done before, says,
Hes made you a power authority influence (i.e. god) to X and/or Y
are you saying, you're going to refuse, protest against or resist it?
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
realmindz:

You don't believe in my magic wand, then I begin to read and quote from my magic book to prove it exists.

My sister, how can you prove god using the bible when I don't even believe in that bible in the first place??

Then u have to use convincing evidences outside the bible if you must preach, unfortunately, those evidences do not exist. We have never seen the gods perform wonders beyond the ancient tales in books

You are correct brother. I cannot make you understand spiritual things....if your mind is unwilling
unfortunately undecided

King James Version 1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Though excadz's summation about God is seriously flawed, you not doubt sound surprised that anyone can be god

Anything and/or anybody can be a god to anyone
(e.g. appetites such as strong desire or liking for something, alcohol, god of this world, marijuana, the belly/stomach etcetera)

Now, IF God as Hes done before, says,
Hes made you a power authority influence (i.e. god) to X and/or Y
are you saying, you're going to refuse, protest against or resist it?

Yeah, I'm kinda shocked about that. But I do see what you are saying now. I guess I was thinking on the terms of a Higher Being...
But you are right.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2017
MuttleyLaff,

In response to the following words that you wrote:

Since God has given us power and a sound mind,
then there are things about Him we can understand,
There are things about God that is within logic and explanation(s)

Dont look for a cop out
Using lines like that is like performing a manoeuvre
and have an ''escape route'' to get out of the responsibility of giving an answer(s)

Are you saying it's imposible for believers to speak for themselves?
Are you saying it's imposible for believers to explain the goodness, faithfulness, lovingkindness, fairness, truthfulness, righteousness, awesomeness etcetera of the self-existing all powerful authority influence (i.e. God)

I must say that you are correct. I didn't fully explain what I actually meant. I'm a little "off the band-wagon" right now. Will get back on it... I will do better with that in the future.
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 1:43am On Apr 18, 2017
MZLady39:
Yeah, I'm kinda shocked about that. But I do see what you are saying now
And the LORD said unto Moses,
See, 1I have made thee a god to Pharaoh:
and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet
[sup23[/sup]You are to speak everything I command you,
and your brother Aaron must declare it to Pharaoh that he must release the Israelites from his land

- Exodus 7:1-2

Aaron will speak for you to the people,
and it will be as if he were your mouth
and as if you were his God
(i.e. and you will serve as God to him, telling him what to say)

- Exodus 4:16

They are headed for destruction. Their god is their stomach,
they take pride in the shameful things they do. They are focused on earthly things
(i.e. they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth)

- Philippians 3:19

Yeah, anyone or anything can be a god (i.e. power authority influence)

MZLady39:
I guess I was thinking on the terms of a Higher Being...
Yeah and that Higher Being is the one and only true self-existing all powerful authority influence (i.e. God)
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 1:43am On Apr 18, 2017
MZLady39:
I didn't fully explain what I actually meant.
I'm a little "off the band-wagon" right now. Will get back on it... I will do better with that in the future
The Lord's power matures in our weakness
so please most gladly boast all the more about any weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest upon and reside in you.

The subconscious mind is 300,000 times more powerful than the conscious mind
The Lord will give you sufficient grace to do all you've about yourself just affirmed to do
Re: Is God Beyond Logic? - Discussion by jom28gy(m): 3:26am On Oct 04, 2019
ifenes:
God in the religious term is how you explain how the different forms of energy works to a toddler. As the child grows he gets to understand that he himself/ herself is the Energy we talk about.

Saying that God is the creator, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient is the same things as Energy is everywhere, has the ability to take any form and is everything we can imagine.

Both science and Religion are saying the same thing but on different levels.

Atheism is right to go against the suprem white beard guys spying on my naked wife in the bathroom, watching her every move.... That idea is pervy, isn't it? There isn't a God in the sky.

Another group who studied the bible believe that God is an idea that came from the stories of a group of life forms who were way more advance than today's humans/ ancient humans. They believe these life forms gave rise to the misunderstanding of what God is in Christiandom and other religions.

Is God beyond logic? Yes and no, depending on which God ideology. The White God patrolling the heavens, creator of hell fire and always in constant need of worship false. But it is a misunderstanding of the human being a vehicle of pure energy who is capable of making his life hellish or heavenly.

Honestly the Christian God idea is unfortunate in the sense that crushing it also means you crush the essence of the true human itself.

My opinion, Man is God Energy that cannot be destroyed. This concept is misunderstood and makes Atheism wrong in saying there isn't a God. There is a God/ Energy in all of us. Otherwise we wouldn't function.

first,God, cannot be found in a sky, but he is living among men here on Earth, and possibly can be found everywhere,
let me ask you,who made you, since you don't believe in existence of God?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should The 80's And 90's Kids Also Keep Quiet And Accept These Religious Lies? / Can Anyone Prove That The "Soul" Exists / Appreciate Small Blessings & Bigger Ones Will Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.