Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:22 PM

Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration (3127 Views)

Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List) / Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by AutoReportNG: 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2017
The Easter Holiday Season is around the corner. Many Nigerians will be making their way down to their villages and places of worships (and vice versa).

Road Safety is a major concern in Nigeria and world at large. Traffic volumes and the fatalities associated with road traffic crashes go up to insane levels this time of the year.

If you are traveling this Easter Holiday season, take note of the following Road Safety Tips to ensure that you Arrive Alive at your destination and to the embrace of your family.

1. Obey the rules of the road and carry your driver's license with you.
2. Plan the route to your holiday destination and give yourself enough time to reach the destination.
3. Make sure that your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition before departure. All lights and indicators, windscreen wipers, brakes, steering, exhaust system and tyres should be carefully examined for faults.
4. Do not overload.
5. Try to avoid driving after dark if possible.
6. Have a good rest before you embark on your journey
7. Take safety breaks every 4 hours.
8. Do not drink and drive.
9. Try to recognize potentially dangerous drivers on and pedestrians alongside the road and keep well clear of them.
10. Be visible – drive with your lights on.
11. Headlights should be dipped well before an approaching vehicle is within a range of the main beam.
12. Always wear your seat belt and check to see that everyone in the car is wearing theirs.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/04/safety-tips-for-drivers-during-easter.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by madridguy(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
NOTED.

THANKS FOR SHARING.

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by AutoReportNG: 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
From us at AutoReportNG, we wish you journey mercies and Happy Easter..

See more here

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/04/safety-tips-for-drivers-during-easter.html

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2017
Make sure that your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition before departure. All lights and indicators, windscreen wipers, brakes, steering, exhaust system and tyres should be carefully examined for faults.
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by shortgun(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2017
My only worry on our roads is robbers cos I will send them to their graves.

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by AutoReportNG: 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
shortgun:
My only worry on our roads is robbers cos I will send them to their graves.

LOL.. Bros, take am easy oo, thou shalt not kill oo

Happy Easter

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nice one...I have a wedding this Easter, thinking of how to drive interstate. Old age is really dealing with me, so lazy to drive these days.
Try to recognize potentially dangerous drivers on and pedestrians alongside the road and keep well clear of them
This reminds me of one man in an SUV,he'll overtake me anyhow, wink at me, then slow down and allow me meet up/overtake. I wasn't finding it funny at all. We got to a checkpoint and he positioned himself by my side. I just let my glass down and asked him,"Oga, do you know me before? Are we racing? Biko, burukwa uwa ojo gi gawa angry!" He gave me this smile and I knew immediately he wasn't about to back down.

Why do (some)men do that shii? a lady overtakes them and they start pursuing you like kidnapper.

7 Likes

Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 14, 2017
PaperLace:
Nice one...I have a wedding this Easter, thinking of how to drive interstate. Old age is really dealing with me, so lazy to drive these days.

This reminds me of one man in an SUV,he'll overtake me anyhow, wink at me, then slow down and allow me meet up/overtake. I wasn't finding it funny at all. We got to a checkpoint and he positioned himself by my side. I just let my glass down and asked him,"Oga, do you know me before? Are we racing? Biko, burukwa uwa ojo gi gawa angry!" He gave me this smile and I knew immediately he wasn't about to back down.

Why do (some)men do that shii? a lady overtakes them and they start pursuing you like kidnapper.
cheesy cheesy

I don't know, but I just love your British sense of humor.
You dey claim old age? You wey be sweet 16
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by GlobalGisting(m): 7:09am On Apr 14, 2017
IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFINE "HUMBLE" WATCH DIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eRIhT6jmwI VIEW, LIKE AND SHARE...LETS SPREAD THE HUMILITY GOSPEL #basedonlogistics

1 Like

Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by Sharon6(f): 7:11am On Apr 14, 2017
Informative... Thanks for sharing.

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by Tobicrystal(m): 7:12am On Apr 14, 2017
Please if you are in Ib....Help spread this message...

Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by Princess4ng(f): 7:16am On Apr 14, 2017
Thank you for this o.. It will help alot
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by Tazdroid(m): 7:26am On Apr 14, 2017
13. Don't see driving as war in which some drivers would not show you their next move by failing to trafficate and switching lanes
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by diablos: 7:28am On Apr 14, 2017
If u know ure prone to accidents during the easter period, simply park your car well in one corner and use your legs to move around...it will help avoid stories that touch sad
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by Idydarling(f): 8:18am On Apr 14, 2017
good one op
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 14, 2017
CFCman:

cheesy cheesy

I don't know, but I just love your British sense of humor.
You dey claim old age? You wey be sweet 16
Lols...Thanks joor.
The old age is coming o, very soon _we would be grandmas. cheesy
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by chech12345678: 9:48am On Apr 14, 2017
fixed matches for today are ready
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by cupidhero(m): 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
PaperLace:

This old age issue is really serious o...
Common Need For Speed Dating you can't play.
Re: Safety Tips For Drivers During Easter Celebration by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
cupidhero:

This old age issue is really serious o...
Common Need For Speed Dating you can't play.
Hehehe...trust me, the old age is real.
I will invite you if I am generous and buoyant enough to celebrate my birthday.

(1) (Reply)

Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! / Mercedes Auto Shop In Abuja / Paddle Shifters On Cars...i Love Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.