Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi (14923 Views)

Whistleblower Narrates What Transpired In The Lagos Apartment Where EFCC Seized / Nigeria Intelligence Agency NIA, Claims Ownership Of $43m Found In Ikoyi Lagos / National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by kahal29: 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
The National Intelligence Agency of Nigeria (NIA) has vehemently denied a report that its officials were laying claims to the cash hoard of $50 million recently seized from an apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos by officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

An online publication (not SaharaReporters) had reported that officials of the NIA were insisting that the seized cash was part of the agency’s covert operations. The publication had also claimed that NIA officials were furious that the EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu, had undermined their covert tasks by sending agents of the anti-corruption agency to impound the cash. Seizure of the huge haul of cash, which included millions of US dollars, British pound sterling and the Nigerian currency, the naira, has dominated news coverage in Nigeria for two days.

A top NIA official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told SaharaReporters that the agency was in no way tied to the scandalous amount discovered in an apartment that was built by a former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Adamu Muazu. According to the source, the NIA never claimed ownership of the funds, contrary to the assertion made by an online paper.

SaharaReporters briefly spoke to the Director-General of the NIA, Ayodele Oke, who said he had not seen such a report and couldn't comment on it. Pressed further, he said he had not met President Muhammadu Buhari to discuss owning the cash, he then pleaded to speak with our report when he wakes up in the morning saying he had a 'headache'.

One of our sources said the version of the story claiming that NIA owns the money was being spread by Nigerian Senate president Bukola Saraki who claimed the NIA had warned EFCC chairman Ibrahim Magu not invade the apartment with the cash, claiming the NIA was using it for covert operations.

The EFCC has yet to unveil the owner of the stash of cash unearthed in safes that were concealed behind a false wall at an apartment in Ikoyi, an upscale area of the sprawling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria’s major commercial city.

Earlier this evening, some individuals began circulating a WhatsApp message stating that former Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State was the owner of the apartment where the cash was found. The WhatsApp message, which was also tweeted by Lere Olayinka, a spokesman for Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State, claimed that Mr. Amaechi bought apartments 7A and 7B in the apartment complex and then gave one to famous Nigerian TV personality, Mo Abudu.

In an interview with SaharaReporters, Mr. Amaechi, who is Nigeria’s current Minister of Transportation, said he had no connection whatsoever with the apartment or the money. He added that he does not own any apartment or house in Lagos, stating that his only property in Nigeria was in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/13/nigeria%E2%80%99s-intelligence-agency-former-gov-amaechi-dismiss-reports-linking-them-50m-cash

2 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by madridguy(m): 11:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
The FG should confiscate the building and the funds. Shikena

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by deantimes(m): 11:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
Which one wet we go believe?

Still cool

1 Like

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by kunlexy1759(m): 11:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
Ok. Everybody/agency is denying d money. But who own d bulding?

4 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by cktheluckyman: 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
I suspect the monies belong to someone in this government hence there are running out of ideas on how to cover it up

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
Another distraction after BBN from the dying corpse called buhari undecided

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by Scream(m): 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
madridguy:
The FG should confiscate the building and the funds. Shikena
Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by ojun50(m): 11:54pm On Apr 13, 2017
Who won go prison na him be dis case so

1 Like

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by Aufbauh(m): 11:58pm On Apr 13, 2017
Wailers and LiePob has been masturbating on a fake news to console their bitterness and reflate their ignorance.

Truly i don't understand the logic of their bitterness. They complained about harsh economic conditions, and when money is been recover to better their lots they become sad, bitter and antagonistic.
Should we attribute this attitude to a spell because this is beyond mere wailing

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by Lusola15: 12:00am On Apr 14, 2017
Confusion everywhere, Someone rented or brought that flat and I believe there are records so why is it taking so long to get it

I no longer pity this generation, I pity the next generation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by kahal29: 12:00am On Apr 14, 2017
cktheluckyman:
I suspect the monies belong to someone in this government hence there are running out of ideas on how to cover it up

So you now believe that money was found and it's not just mere propaganda by EFCC? However, I share your suspicion but finding it hard to place who the person might be?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by donmalcolm21(m): 1:01am On Apr 14, 2017
Aufbauh:
Wailers and LiePob has been masturbating on a fake news to console their bitterness and reflate their ignorance.

Truly i don't understand the logic of their bitterness. They complained about harsh economic conditions, and when money is been recover to better their lots they become sad, bitter and antagonistic.
Should we attribute this attitude to a spell because this is beyond mere wailing
But you and Omenkalives were screaming your lungs out when Esther Ogbue was mentioned.

I rarely comment on SR matters because I've had to take my words back times without number after their fake news was bursted

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by AuroraB(f): 1:22am On Apr 14, 2017
What would NIA's money be doing in Amaechi's flat

16 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 14, 2017
AuroraB:
What would NIA's money be doing in Amaechi's flat
Anything is possible!
Nigerian politicians defy all logic.

4 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by a2personal2013: 4:07am On Apr 14, 2017
Oh my country. This is another blunder from the incompetent EFCC. They are always in a hurry to score cheap media points. This raid could have gone unnoticed and the culprit caught pants down. They leave too much noose for the thieves to free themselves. They enjoy the media hype forgeting the legal and investigative implications.

I wish I could suggest a better approach. I am pretty sure this method and approach is not in the best direction.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by cktheluckyman: 4:40am On Apr 14, 2017
kahal29:

So you now believe that money was found and it's not just mere propaganda by EFCC? However, I share your suspicion but finding it hard to place who the person might be?
Am I efcc who claimed to have recovered the money. Shebi someone whistleblowed.He could as well has disclosed the owner of the funds. This is becoming quite embarrassing

4 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by MakeADifference: 5:27am On Apr 14, 2017
Buhari is 'working' ...

Nigeria: a govenmentless country
Nigerians: a countryless people

$50m dollars cash found
No arrests made yet!

Case of careless owner, stupid finder?

9 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by Aufbauh(m): 5:39am On Apr 14, 2017
donmalcolm21:
But you and Omenkalives were screaming your lungs out when Esther Ogbue was mentioned.

I rarely comment on SR matters because I've had to take my words back times without number after their fake news was bursted

Hmmm....really? There's a whole lot of difference between the news in SR and the one circulating on one unfounded blog "THE WILL".
While SR was misinformed, the later was an entirely fake,nonexistent, disjointed and concuted news by mischief makers. Such cannot appeal to a discerning mind.

My joy is that money was recovered. Whoever owns it though,is immaterial & secondary.

4 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by omenkaLives(m): 6:08am On Apr 14, 2017
Woke up to the sound of thunder about 1am, decided to do a once over on the politics board only to see a thread saying the NIA has claimed ownership of the loot. Opened the thread and saw idiots having a wànkfest, not minding the source is one useless blog just like Trent and breakingtimes.

I just hissed, turned off my data and went back to sleep..

Anyone who believed that story really should see a psychiatrist. Their brains might have taken leave of their heads without their knowledge.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by omenkaLives(m): 6:17am On Apr 14, 2017
kahal29:

PDP e-minions are even more confused than their party. cheesy

When I saw the stupid thread last night and how THE SAME PEOPLE THAT INSISTED NO MONEY WAS FOUND WERE JUBILANT OVER A FAKE NEWS NIA CLAIMED OWNERSHIP, I just raised my hands up in resignation. cheesy

It was a similar situation that played out with the chibok girls. They claimed no such incident took place but criticised the president for being able to rescue just a handful when he promised to rescue all of them.

Very shameful beings. cheesy

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 14, 2017
No one wants to claim the money. This is serious magana

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by Philistine(m): 6:36am On Apr 14, 2017
We all knew the NIA news was from PdP and iPod site!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by kahal29: 6:38am On Apr 14, 2017
omenkaLives:
Woke up to the sound of thunder about 1am, decided to do a once over on the politics board only to see a thread saying the NIA has claimed ownership of the loot. Opened the thread and saw idiots having a wànkfest, not minding the source is one useless blog just like Trent and breakingtimes.

I just hissed, turned off my data and went back to sleep..

Anyone who believed that story really should see a psychiatrist. Their brains might have taken leave if their heads without their knowledge.

You know someone asked in that thread where NIA was alleged to have claimed ownership of the money....

How can An intelligence agency whose work is tasked with overseeing foreign intelligence and counter intelligence operations in Nigeria not have an intelligence report that one of it's operation is about to get blown by a sister agency?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by cktheluckyman: 6:41am On Apr 14, 2017
omenkaLives:
PDP e-minions are even more confused than their party. cheesy

When I saw the stupid thread last night and how THE SAME PEOPLE THAT INSISTED NO MONEY WAS FOUND WERE JUBILANT OVER A FAKE NEWS NIA CLAIMED OWNERSHIP, I just raised my hands up in resignation. cheesy

It was a similar situation that played out with the chibok girls. They claimed no such incident took place but criticised the president for being able to rescue just a handful when he promised to rescue all of them.

Very shameful beings. cheesy
The same way you gallivanted and salivated when Muazu was mentioned as the owner of the monies

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by cktheluckyman: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2017
Aufbauh:

Hmmm....really? There's a whole lot of difference between the news in SR and the one circulating on one unfounded blog "THE WILL".
While SR was misinformed, the later was an entirely fake,nonexistent, disjointed and concuted news by mischief makers. Such cannot appeal to a discerning mind.

My joy is that money was recovered. Whoever owns it though,is immaterial & secondary.
SR misinformed? Really? And to think thrice in less than 24 hours? Then Sowore must be more dumber than I thought and yourself a shameless hypocrite!! What nonsense double standard assessment is that

18 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by omenkaLives(m): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2017
cktheluckyman:

The same way you gallivanted and salivated when Muazu was mentioned as the owner of the monies
And who says he isn't the owner?

You my friend have become so notorious on the forum for ALWAYS supporting crooks. Who did this to you? No one sees you commenting on any thread except when politically exposed criminals are caught.

You gotta reassess your life and make some readjustments bro. Shît doesn't look good on you.

Bye.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by otokx(m): 7:08am On Apr 14, 2017
back and front
Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by nwadiuko1(m): 7:18am On Apr 14, 2017
make them from there gimme just 20 million naira interest free loan...make i enlarge my bussiness na
Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by SalamRushdie: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2017
Its is clear that the money belongs to an important member of the APC if not they would have announced the name by now ..

10 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by Acidosis(m): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2017
That's why I can never support any anti-corruption fight 100%.

When the money is traceable to a PDP man, we hear all sorts of names.

But when it is traceable to an APC man, the Federal Government together with the corrupt EFCC ensure that no one is named.

This is the 3rd time money is recovered without a name. First was some money from an unknown person at the airport. Another millions of dollars was recovered lately without a name, now we have just recovered another money, of course, without a name because it belongs to an APC man.

This government is just plainly f00lish, and they have a lot of foolish followers. Apparently, the best place to recruit the most f00lish set of Nigerians is to locate APC supporters.

11 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:42am On Apr 14, 2017
K

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Fresh Controversy Trails INEC Budget / 55 Persons Shared N1.3 Billion During Jonathan Administration - Lai Mohammed / PDP Primaries: Anyim, NWC At War Over Ebonyi Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.